April 28, 2024, 09:47:31 AM

Author Topic: Maturana takes up senior coaching job.  (Read 147205 times)

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana takes up senior coaching job.
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2008, 07:45:47 AM »
how birchall ent get call, is he injured?
mistakes are stepping stones to success

TrinInfinite

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2008, 07:58:54 AM »
This is a MASTERSTROKE by Jack

4th Place finisher of the Hex plays 5th placed South America.

Who better to hire than a South American who pass thru South American qualifying umpteen times. Know each ground, the styles, the players and the tactics to eliminate S.A. opposition.

Now realistically TT has to qualify outright...but if we slip and get the 4th place, this fella have the experience to help us battle it out.

Jack yes...yuh have to admire him the HERO and Saviour of TT football yet again.

Imagine you convince a man in 5 minutes after he reach in New Years Day.

But ent I tell alyuh long time Wim and Anton was caretaker till qualifiers.

yuh hit the nail on the head breddah... maturana is a boss coach, i knew he was good b4 but when i read the man resume, it is extremely impressive, i rather see our team playing south american free flowing creative ball than european ball in all honesty, i think this was a stroke of genius by warner...

God is de BOSS....

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2008, 08:38:15 AM »
how birchall ent get call, is he injured?

I was wondering the same thing! This may be the first squad that Birchall will not be included in since he joined the team.

Who picked this team anyway? Can't be the new coach so it must be Anton Corneal I suppose.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2008, 08:40:39 AM »
yea boss birchall injured with a hamstriing i think .

congrats to the colombian and if allyuh check he first real game cuz he observin the one ash wednesday

IS AGAINST JAMROCK
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2008, 08:43:08 AM »

Who better to hire than a South American who pass thru South American qualifying umpteen times. Know each ground, the styles, the players and the tactics to eliminate S.A. opposition.

Now realistically TT has to qualify outright...but if we slip and get the 4th place, this fella have the experience to help us battle it out.

Jack yes...yuh have to admire him the HERO and Saviour of TT football yet again.

yuh hit the nail on the head breddah... maturana is a boss coach, i knew he was good b4 but when i read the man resume, it is extremely impressive, i rather see our team playing south american free flowing creative ball than european ball in all honesty, i think this was a stroke of genius by warner...

God is de BOSS....

make up yuh mind..in the other thread you say u knew vaguely about Maturana until u read his resume..in this thread u say he is ah boss coach, u knew he was good b4..which one?.... ;D

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2008, 09:00:07 AM »

congrats to the colombian and if allyuh check he first real game cuz he observin the one ash wednesday

IS AGAINST JAMROCK

Who are we playing on Ash Wednesday? I'm reading Guadeloupe, I swore I saw Guatemala in one of the articles, from Guardian I think and I'm seeing Jamaica.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2008, 09:00:33 AM »

God is de BOSS....

make up yuh mind..in the other thread you say u knew vaguely about Maturana until u read his resume..in this thread u say he is ah boss coach, u knew he was good b4..which one?.... ;D

;D what i knew vaguely about him was good info, didnt see all the teams he coached and his resume in detail, i knew he took columbia to the WC, but after seeing his resume in detail i am really am impressed, i read a few articles on him last night and what i read, he is a boss coach.... his record speaks for itself... :beermug:

God is de BOSS....

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2008, 09:41:23 AM »
From what I red on Bigsoccer, Maturana is considered persona non grata by the football fans in Costa Rica as he did a terrible job when he coached them. He also did a terrible job in his last stint with Colombia.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 09:48:00 AM by Flex »

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2008, 10:04:06 AM »

That is a very good point.  I did not think about it.  I hope it doesn't even come to that though.  Go Soca Warriors!!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2008, 10:26:03 AM »
From what I red on Bigsoccer, Maturana is considered persona non grata by the football fans in Costa Rica as he did a terrible job when he coached them. He also did a terrible job in his last stint with Colombia.

I always wonder why a BIG coach is available...

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2008, 10:30:16 AM »
MATURANA IS A BAD CHOICE. HE IS WAY PAST HIS SELL DATE. WE SHOULD HAVE STAYED DUTCH.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2008, 10:31:15 AM »

but at least the man coach 2 world cup teams... and also in spain and has won the copa and dominated major teams like argentina, with coaching there must be periods when a coach doesnt do well, lets wait and see how he reacts to coaching trinidad... my first choice was german and sh but south american isnt that bad... esepcailly if he is regarded as one of the best, since he coached costa rica, it will give us a lil advantage, bc we always gettin wash by costa rica in qualifiers, a draw here and there but thats it..

God is de BOSS....

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2008, 10:58:40 AM »

IS AGAINST JAMROCK

yet Spann(hardly playin at all?) & Edwards(Rolls Royce-in the garage) get called ! ah wonder how fast ah Out-of-Season Samuel will compare to ah relatively slow, non defensive In-season Samuel ? hmmmnnn...not an argument for Birchall yetthe defensive calls in mind must be on like corn - also in their off-season....includes Avery...an Cyd gone Puna...like we hitting the ground runningcrawling outta ah WC(latrine)....at least it's interesting     

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2008, 11:00:27 AM »
All de best Pacho  :beermug:

GO TNT!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2008, 11:10:22 AM »
More on Maturana (As provided in media conference press kit courtesy wikipedia and Maturana).

As a Player[/b]

Born in Quibdó, Chocó, Francisco Maturana moved with his family at an early age to the city of Medellín. Here he played professional soccer while attending the University of Antioquia where he later obtained a degree in Dentistry.

excellent choice. he'll have the warriors brushing and flossing like champions. ;D

seriously tho, i can't wait to see what's in store for 2008. he shouldnt have any problem with making the warriors look better than they did in 2007, if that is saying much.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2008, 11:11:49 AM »

IS AGAINST JAMROCK

yet Spann(hardly playin at all?) & Edwards(Rolls Royce-in the garage) get called ! ah wonder how fast ah Out-of-Season Samuel will compare to ah relatively slow, non defensive In-season Samuel ? hmmmnnn...not an argument for Birchall yetthe defensive calls in mind must be on like corn - also in their off-season....includes Avery...an Cyd gone Puna...like we hitting the ground runningcrawling outta ah WC(latrine)....at least it's interesting     
Me eh know how Spann get call. He injured more and play less than Birchall. He injured all now after coming back for a half of football.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2008, 11:15:00 AM »
All yuh expect Me mum to get pick when Corneal had a say. All yuh doh follow football ah what? D real Corneal Alvin eh rate d man at all
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2008, 11:15:58 AM »
All yuh expect Me mum to get pick when Corneal had a say. All yuh doh follow football ah what? D real Corneal Alvin eh rate d man at all
;)
so true
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2008, 11:28:39 AM »
MATURANA IS A BAD CHOICE. HE IS WAY PAST HIS SELL DATE. WE SHOULD HAVE STAYED DUTCH.

Plenty people say that bout Beenhakker...

But these is the ppl we can attract... quality coaches who looking for a last hurrah or looking to revive they career ala Beenie.. or shitty journeymen like Vranes or Jochem Figge... or young or local coaches looking to make a name.. Wim... Corneal... Najjar etc

Check Beenie is the toast of Europe all now... before us he was fading into obscurity!! Maturana want to taste glory again!! So at least he may have the drive...  :-\
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2008, 12:08:08 PM »

I tell people once Anton get appoint that dat was it fuh Birchie T&T career.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2008, 12:11:44 PM »

Once u unhappy wit he, ah KNOW Jack mek de right pick... ;D

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2008, 12:15:44 PM »
I was predicting a 4th place in the hex with us losing the play off to Colombia before the whole Wim "suspension" came up.
Maybe some good can come of this, but I still ent holding my breath yet.

Interesting list of foreign based for the Ash Wednesday game. No defenders, a Samuel who wouldn't have played since October, Edwards coming off a long layoff (knock on wood), the oft injured Spann...
Seeing the number of forwards called up (Stern, KJ, Scotland) I could only assume Roberts would be used as a mf...and of course our famous captain.

How much alyou want to bet one of them Brazilians waiting in the wings was Lazaroni?

On a lighter note, ah feel Klinsmann was one of the Germans  ::)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2008, 12:20:33 PM »

IS AGAINST JAMROCK

If that is the case then why did Edward get called. He's injured as well and in the healing process just like Birchall.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2008, 12:21:39 PM »

Why doesnt he rate Birchall then?
Hart for president

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2008, 12:43:06 PM »

Corneal Senior always use to say there are better local midfielders dan Birchall so we should give de locals a chance ahead of him.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

TrinInfinite

« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2008, 12:48:07 PM »

Corneal Senior always use to say there are better local midfielders dan Birchall so we should give de locals a chance ahead of him.

hes right about that but birchall is a good asset 2 have also...

God is de BOSS...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2008, 12:50:44 PM »

He say Birchall cyah pass, he slow, he control not good, and it have plenty better local players dan him.  In other words...he say Birchall is not an international footballer.  

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2008, 12:51:26 PM »

He has said on at least two occasions that comes to my memory that he doesn't rate Birchall and that there are many local players that are much better than Birchall and that he could never make his starting 11. He cited poor first touch and giving away the ball easliy as his reasons. The same Birchall that played 90 mins in all the WC games. The same Birchall that is one of the very very few Warriors that isn't afraid to shoot.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 01:37:40 PM by Jayerson »

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2008, 12:57:43 PM »
It is a fact that we are all entitled to our opinions..what gets me is a man who is arguably the most qualified in the subject, voices his professional opinion...then men here get all pissed off at the man and throw in their own opinions.. gesh, take what the man saying with a grain ah salt if you don't agree ..as I take what you say with a pound of salt especially the one called coach on here...what a waste.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2008, 01:26:25 PM »
I now read on a website where Ian Dowie said that Chris Birchall is available for their F.A Cup Third Round game against Blackburn. So unlike Edwards, he's back to fitness, therefore that means that he's currently out of the mix not due to injury.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 01:36:47 PM by Jayerson »

1]; } ?>