April 27, 2024, 05:38:49 PM

Author Topic: Maturana takes up senior coaching job.  (Read 147152 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana takes up senior coaching job.
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2008, 02:17:52 PM »
All yuh expect Me mum to get pick when Corneal had a say. All yuh doh follow football ah what? D real Corneal Alvin eh rate d man at all

I tell people once Anton get appoint that dat was it fuh Birchie T&T career.

Why doesnt he rate Birchall then?

He say Birchall cyah pass, he slow, he control not good, and it have plenty better local players dan him.  In other words...he say Birchall is not an international footballer.  

i too find Birchall touch did (can't still say if that is the case) sometimes let him down, but nobody on we team ever put down wuk and run to rass like that, wheter because he bad pass or somebody else, not once standup and complain and point...our locals may have the skill, but they doh have the discipline or gumption...this is what he added...besides the fact he have a proven killer shot...Alvin could say wha he want in his professional capacity, buh in critizing that guy by saying he added nothing, he was quite unprofessional and WRONG....Mr nobody blindman me saw dat....buh say what, Alvin only showing he human, and biggin up we locals, not a totally bad thing...say wha

TrinInfinite

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2008, 02:33:11 PM »
in my opinion we have some youths that will get call with maturana as coach... fellahs like guerra and britto, not to mention hardest and oliver...
all yuh stay dey and feel our team wont play well, birchall is a loss but we have other players who are more than willing to fill that void...and will fill that void...

God is de BOSS....

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2008, 02:37:46 PM »
in my opinion we have some youths that will get call with maturana as coach... fellahs like guerra and britto, not to mention hardest and oliver...
all yuh stay dey and feel our team wont play well, birchall is a loss but we have other players who are more than willing to fill that void...and will fill that void...

God is de BOSS....

he calling up ah 15 year old now ::)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2008, 02:38:09 PM »

God is de BOSS....

where Hardest playing now?

TrinInfinite

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2008, 02:47:48 PM »

God is de BOSS....

he calling up ah 15 year old now ::)

why not a 15 year old? ??? hes already 4 years ahead of his time in ability and skill, in 2 years he will be able to play with 21 year olds and maybe older, it will be beneficial for him to be on the team to get exposed to that level of football, i never said to start him breddah... we have to start early grooming our youths who are gifted...

God is de BOSS....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2008, 03:04:15 PM »
we better qualify for 2010 now i wonder what friendlies jack have up he sleeve boy
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

TrinInfinite

« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2008, 03:07:47 PM »

God is de BOSS....

where Hardest playing now?

was training in the states for a while, went to sweden  on trials and he picked up a slight injury.... back home till after guadalope, then hes back in on trials....

God is de BOSS....

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2008, 03:17:48 PM »
He say Birchall cyah pass, he slow, he control not good, and it have plenty better local players dan him.  In other words...he say Birchall is not an international footballer. 

i too find Birchall touch did (can't still say if that is the case) sometimes let him down, but nobody on we team ever put down wuk and run to rass like that, wheter because he bad pass or somebody else, not once standup and complain and point...our locals may have the skill, but they doh have the discipline or gumption...this is what he added...besides the fact he have a proven killer shot...Alvin could say wha he want in his professional capacity, buh in critizing that guy by saying he added nothing, he was quite unprofessional and WRONG....Mr nobody blindman me saw dat....buh say what, Alvin only showing he human, and biggin up we locals, not a totally bad thing...say wha

Other than his shot and his work rate, I personally believe that Birchall (maybe not at his debut but as of his pre injury self) was one of the most consistent crossers of a moving ball that put on a tnt shirt in the last 3 years and still available to do so.

Throwing this boy by the wayside would be a huge disservice to him, to trini football and to our own image.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2008, 03:19:51 PM »
All yuh expect Me mum to get pick when Corneal had a say. All yuh doh follow football ah what? D real Corneal Alvin eh rate d man at all

I tell people once Anton get appoint that dat was it fuh Birchie T&T career.

Why doesnt he rate Birchall then?

He has said on at least two occasions that comes to my memory that he doesn't rate Birchall and that there are many local players that are much better than Birchall and that he could never make his starting 11. He cited poor first touch and giving away the ball easliy as his reasons. The same Birchall that played 90 mins in all the WC games. The same Birchall that is one of the very very few Warriors that isn't afraid to shoot.

The same Birchall that have more 100 times more experience than Anton Corneal. Anton should be cleaning he shoes, we ain't have a player that does leggo bullit on target like me mum, except maybe Carlos on a good day

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2008, 04:13:12 PM »
The fact that no overseas defenders have not been called up could very well work in T&T's favour in the long run.

Depending on Maturana's philosophy & his relationship with clubs in the PFL, normally coaches in today's game start building their teams from the back come forward.  It eh make no sense havin 5 good strikers when yuh defence porous.

Having a total local defensive corp could be advantageous providing that a core set of players are identified, they train and play together regularly, and have time to gel as a unit. 

The key will be Maturana's defensive prowess (or that of his assistant(s)), an absence of club versus country controversy and of course, finding the right players to fit the system he wants to play.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2008, 04:42:47 PM »
some big names gettin call back for this game
real glad to see that
especially Ince. As a goalkeeper myself, i think he is still one of the best in the Caribbean and should be on a better team right now
man agent stickin! Age go be a stumbling block but at least a lil Championship side

now hopefully these fellas come back and TTFF eh do shit again !

TT side lookin very promising, but we need better teams!!
play Jamaica more, Venezuela, Chile, hit up Canada and even side like Wales and Ireland at least!

Offline jimmel14

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2008, 06:04:23 PM »
birchall has a killer shot, brings out da british ina him wid them long range shots. remember d spectacualr strike against bharain. lawd ah was in d stadium that day... mad sick head nah good.as fo d defence. we need more consistency and discipline in d back dey. and man who could run like Evra does down d flanks.. ( ah say Cyd wid some more exposure could be that) but dais when he come back from India.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2008, 06:10:43 PM »
I think Birchall should get a call back. Yes, he is not a great player but he is tenacious and a good crosser of the ball. It is still early. He may yet get a recall. Hope the old guys big up for him. Once he is injury free she should get at least a try out.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2008, 06:13:39 PM »
Picture Denzil Theobald with Birchall's work ethic.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2008, 06:25:11 PM »
Picture Denzil Theobald with Birchall's work ethic.

Ah seein Chubby Andrews... :'(
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2008, 06:38:27 PM »
A friend of mines bring up the point that the key might be how well Maturanna can speak english because as allyuh know we boys at times is not the brightest so how the instructions are interpreted to them might be of paramount importance...but point to note of you could get Columbia to qualify amongst Argentina , Brazil etc you have to have something....I'm looking forward to what he can do.........I know he cant be worse than Wim thats for sure.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2008, 07:56:44 PM »

doh forget Evans Wise.

I feel Keane will "suggest" to Edwards that he not come back for this one so soon after injury.  Then it will be up to Jack and the TTFF to decide if they want to force the issue.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2008, 09:00:07 PM »
A friend of mines bring up the point that the key might be how well Maturanna can speak english because as allyuh know we boys at times is not the brightest so how the instructions are interpreted to them might be of paramount importance...but point to note of you could get Columbia to qualify amongst Argentina , Brazil etc you have to have something....I'm looking forward to what he can do.........I know he cant be worse than Wim thats for sure.
hear nuh
we ALL have to realise that Jackula is THE PROBLEM and has been THE PROBLEM for nearly 30 YEARS and when he changes the way he treats players and the Football Fraternity in Trinidad and Tobago we will do VERY WELL, and I would suggest that most any Footballer would do well with our National Team as SOON as Jackula changes his ways in a very RADICAL way......until then I sure even PELE could not help us.......
Jackula, YOU have to CHANGE.....just IMAGINE if you treated ALL players in TnT well, what they could accomplish.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 10:24:52 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana takes senior up coaching job.
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2008, 09:24:55 PM »
Dat is a big big coach doh.

Hmmmmm

Thanks dey palos, cuz ah was now going and ask if he was ah big coach. De good thing about having ah Colombian coach, hopefully he will have us playing dat short passing game and entertaining soccer. De Jack haters, when all yuh go give uncle Jack some credit and realise dat de man really want his country, tuh be in de  top 3 in CONCACAF and be respected world wide. Dis man probably took money and proably still squeezing ah change here and there, but ah does always take meh hat off tuh JW, fuh looking out fuh T&T.

Just de other day, men were arguing about if Corneal should ah get dat Interim job. Well before we cud say Jack Robinson, uncle Jack bring ah top class coach in de house, what all yuh go say now? Whether de coach will have success, yes or no, dat is ah different question by itself, JW did his part. But knowing all yuh haters here, all yuh go still find ah way tuh criticise de man. Leave de man alone and enjoy and appreciate what he does forT&T, de man above call him home. We don't know what we have, until we loose it.  HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 09:37:02 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline madness1969

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2008, 09:53:25 PM »
allyuh we getting an attacking team i think its very good. our goal keeper Ince. is doing well in league one. the local defensive will get better as time goes by. far as birchall, i hope his injured but he hasn't played good football with converty lately.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2008, 11:08:17 AM »
I feel Keane will "suggest" to Edwards that he not come back for this one so soon after injury.  Then it will be up to Jack and the TTFF to decide if they want to force the issue.

Is the 6th an official FIFA match day or not? I notice Sunderland away to Liverpool on the 2nd and then they host Wigan on the 9th. However, the next EPL game after that is on the 23rd, which would suggest that the international matchweek is from the 13th to the 20th

Why are we playing a match with a NON fifa team on a NON fifa matchday? If all you feel keane letting go Jones and Edwards, his two most important players three days before one of the make or break games of the season without a fight crapaud smoke alyuh pipe.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2008, 11:15:47 AM »
Why are we playing a match with a NON fifa team on a NON fifa matchday?
If all you feel keane letting go Jones and Edwards, his two most important players three days before one of the make or break games of the season without a fight crapaud smoke alyuh pipe.
firstly, dais de Special Advisor, FIFA VP, way man ;D
I doubt that Keane would allow it....if clubs smart, things like that in the player contract....non?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2008, 11:22:37 AM »

Is the 6th an official FIFA match day or not? I notice Sunderland away to Liverpool on the 2nd and then they host Wigan on the 9th. However, the next EPL game after that is on the 23rd, which would suggest that the international matchweek is from the 13th to the 20th

Why are we playing a match with a NON fifa team on a NON fifa matchday? If all you feel keane letting go Jones and Edwards, his two most important players three days before one of the make or break games of the season without a fight crapaud smoke alyuh pipe.

According to the fifa international match calendar, the 6th is as an official fifa match day
http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/worldfootball/calendarlive/intl_mc_fifa_2006_2008_en_7920.pdf

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2008, 11:23:59 AM »
Other than his shot and his work rate, I personally believe that Birchall (maybe not at his debut but as of his pre injury self) was one of the most consistent crossers of a moving ball that put on a tnt shirt in the last 3 years and still available to do so.

Throwing this boy by the wayside would be a huge disservice to him, to trini football and to our own image.
ah man up above rating Hardest above Birchall......... ::)............dais how we is I guess......
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2008, 11:30:44 AM »
 How soon we forget the contributions of Birchall to get us through......... He may not the the BEST but he brings a work ethic... and a football experience that could  add depth to the midfield.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2008, 11:41:48 AM »

According to the fifa international match calendar, the 6th is as an official fifa match day
http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/worldfootball/calendarlive/intl_mc_fifa_2006_2008_en_7920.pdf

Thanks. that just confirms the research I just did. It is a match day, but it only has friendly status, and as such clubs don't have to release players more than 48h before the match.

The EPL real screw up on their calendar - I suspect that that 'rest week' might be the FA cup 4th round schedule - but it a week too late in any case. Whatever it is, its not conducive to releasing international players to go and play across the Atlantic - every single one of we English based players called up have a match the Saturday before and the Saturday after.

Now try to imagine that Australia have a world cup qualifier that day...in Melbourne.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2008, 12:44:23 PM »
Wait nah... What input  do you think the  latest coach would have on player selection and preparation for the alleged  Ash Wednesday friendly against Guadeloupe?

What if Anton Corneal as reported selected this team , trained this squad and received immeasurable success against Guadeloupe, would it change his status?

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2008, 01:19:28 PM »
What if Anton Corneal as reported selected this team , trained this squad and received immeasurable success against Guadeloupe, would it change his status?

His new status would be interim coach who just beat a sh&t squad

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2008, 06:13:59 PM »
Maturana is no good. Bad Pick for T&T. Wim might have been better. Or even Bruce Arena.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2008, 06:49:25 PM »
Maturana is no good. Bad Pick for T&T. Wim might have been better. Or even Bruce Arena.

Well since you know he's a bad pick,please educate me and the rest of us as to why that is so,I always appreciate the power of knowledge...........

1]; } ?>