April 24, 2024, 05:02:27 AM

Author Topic: Maturana takes up senior coaching job.  (Read 146778 times)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: LASH DEM LASANA!!!
« Reply #150 on: June 05, 2008, 05:25:30 AM »
de two of allya are de finallists of "Trinidad Idle" or wha
 :devil:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

puun ah d year
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Speak up, Maturana, Who is the Warrior chief ?
« Reply #151 on: June 05, 2008, 05:30:28 AM »
  Lasana keeping up his battle with Jack the ripper through subtle critiscism of  the coach.
In reality it's BS, a next journalist could take the same points and turn them around as positives.
Comparing Maturana with other coachs like Capello is also nonsense.
Capello had lots more time and resources to learn English and I heard Maturana speak some English in a recent interview.

I give Maturana 3 more games , then I will criticise or praise.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 05, 2008, 05:58:26 AM »
Good article Lasana....keep it up!!...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 05, 2008, 06:09:33 AM »
In The Past it used to be the Maple mafia, now it is the Alcons mafia.
 Liburd is the prophetic voice of T&T football- Keep them honest Lasana.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 05, 2008, 06:18:26 AM »
Trinidad and Tobago's humbling 3-0 defeat to England on June 1 was a startling example, if one was needed, as to the extent of the team's decline since the summer of 2006 at the Germany World Cup.

Nonsense.  No way should any comparison be made between the finished product that was that WC team, and the experimental product that was thrown together for this friendly...let alone to use the latter as a gauge as to where we stand relative to the former.  If the same WC players played again under the same crucible of pressure then perhaps.  This is a superficial assessment not befitting a mind as astute as that of the author.

As for the other stuff...who cares?  really.

EDIT:

So what that Mats was forced to accommodate Yorke. 

So what that Connell was given a sweat when his name wasn't even mentioned in the player pool.

The other stuff about the criteria for selection...regular starts (or even sweat) for club, or youth (ostensibly) are good points.  They call to question the very consistency and transparency in selection that some of us fans have been clamoring for.

Bake: 

You making some valid points, however, I believe all the other stuff is buffer for the real opinion which is the selection process.

It is not today that the Corneals are doing this.  Go back to when Alvin was coaching.  If I am correct at the time Anton was the youngest player to ever where T&T senior national team colors (I am sure someone can confirm this).  As a player growing up in T&T, I had the opportunity to play for Alcons but my parents would never let me do so b/c of the bias nature in which the Corneals operate.  This is not new and I applaud Lasana for calling a spade a spade.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 05, 2008, 06:31:41 AM »
Maybe it is just me, but I like what Maturana is about.  The question of the Cornmeal's involvement in the selection of a Trinbago National team will never die, but if that is the case we may have good reason to be worried!!!

Many on this forum have real short memory.  Many questioned Beenie Man's selection policy when he first took over the team in discarding the likes of Fitzpatrick, Ince, and Bertille's guys.  Similarly folks forget Beenie Man's less than impressive early results. He was evaluating talent at the time.  I would like to see Spann, Birchall, Scotland, et al included in the squad noting their experience and age but Matu has enough video tape material on these players playing big teams to judge whether they fit his system.  Big coaches do not make a decision to include a player based on how he trains under him with the team, never has been the case.  Let's not fool ourselves these guys are not exactly playing at the highest divisions either.  Matu does not have any material on the youngsters and for the most part he can work with them more seeing that they are based at home.

Folks must always remember coaches at that level must be prepared to live with their decisions.  When you have success with a small country like Trinidad and Tobago on the World Stage, you can write your ticket to go anywhere.  Similarly if you don't have success even at a regional level, you are DONE as a big time coach.  Coaching Trinidad is like going to Port of Spain General Hospital, if yuh lucky yuh go on to live a decent life if not yuh go to the morgue.  No in between.

Matu has pedigree.  His record speaks for itself.

A coach picks players that suits his system of player.  What is Matu system of play??  What type of player is he looking for?? Me eh know, he has not said so, at least not in English.  I am willing to give him a chance just like I did with Beenie Man.  If he is not successful for South Africa 2010, at least we would have groomed some fresh young talent to move forward to 2014 (and could again cuss the administration for lacking continuity).  If he is successful for 2010, then we would not be the oldest team in the World Cup.

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 05, 2008, 06:32:38 AM »
Lasana yuh throwing some hard cuff these days boy  :beermug:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 05, 2008, 06:35:09 AM »
So tell me nah,ah see Capello speaking English now,wha about Maturana? I doh know what Jack see in de Corneals.It was Alvin who match up de national team in the early 80's when it used to be called Corneal,sons and friends until dey had to fire him and appoint the late Roderick Warner den Gally Cummings.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 05, 2008, 06:41:52 AM »
I willing to give Maturana de benefit of the doubt....I willing to see where he going with this team(s) (cuz with all de experimenting we doing, ah never know which 11 go take de field)

BUT....ah eh like how yuh cyar hear from him about what his plans are, what he looking for etc. etc.....is five months now he here.....when he goh talk to we??....and ah doh mean through Anton....ah want to hear from him heself...but do yuh thing Maturana...I waiting patiently...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 05, 2008, 06:52:53 AM »
I asked who was running the show some time ago , i guess people now picking up..... According to fenwick they should respect the pro-league a bit more....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 05, 2008, 06:53:46 AM »
I will give him the benefit of the doubt as well but like the TTFF we expect transparency, dont just drop players and bring players in without an explaination. Capello et al will always have media conferences and explain their decisions why should Trinidad be any different ?
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 05, 2008, 07:10:26 AM »
Trinidad and Tobago's humbling 3-0 defeat to England on June 1 was a startling example, if one was needed, as to the extent of the team's decline since the summer of 2006 at the Germany World Cup.

Nonsense.  No way should any comparison be made between the finished product that was that WC team, and the experimental product that was thrown together for this friendly...let alone to use the latter as a gauge as to where we stand relative to the former.  If the same WC players played again under the same crucible of pressure then perhaps.  This is a superficial assessment not befitting a mind as astute as that of the author.
The very fact that you recognise that it is a superficial assessment should've ticked you off to the fact that criticising it is as useful as trying to sabotage a Benz by taking off the insignia. It might make it slightly less attractive but it don't take nothing away from the vehicule's intrinsic quality to get where it going.
Is just filler to make up the word quota imo, to be glossed over.

More people than you would care to think imo. I'm pretty sure that some of the fellas who can't get a sniff of the national team asking themselves similar questions.

So what that Connell was given a sweat when his name wasn't even mentioned in the player pool.
Quite a number of people inquired as to the sudden unexplained changes in between the published lists and the gameday roster. I don't necessarily buy into the Corneal bad mind conspiracy theory, but you have to admit that it goes back to our habitual vaille-qui-vaille way of doing things, that you (and many others) usually criticise as being an obstacle to our maturity as a (sporting) nation.

I for one am glad somebody finally have the nerve to ask the hard questions instead of preaching to the congregation in the rumshops. I just hope that we get some answers.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 05, 2008, 07:13:34 AM »
I ent see much difference between Maturana and Wim

Maturana does try to go tru the center...ball lorse.

Wim used to try the flank...ball lorse...men cyar cross.

Same knock the ball in the back, same lack of bite in the middle, same cluelessness and hit and hope up front. Backs and fwd game with no midfield.

The more things change the more they remain the same.

I will give Maturana all props for gettin rid of Seon Power and Dwayne Jack.

Funny how Telesford look decent vs England and vs JA the commentators and myself find he was running around wild and clueless.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 05, 2008, 07:15:58 AM »
  Lasana keeping up his battle with Jack the ripper through subtle critiscism of  the coach.
In reality it's BS, a next journalist could take the same points and turn them around as positives.

Yes, but the TTFF ent paying Lasana a cent do do Fuentes' work. So until then, I will take critical BS over bamcee licking BS.

Is not even like if Lasana ent say nothing good about Maturana. The day anyone of the TTFF cronies lay an article as balanced as this, I will personally call him and ask him to shake his hand.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 05, 2008, 07:21:38 AM »
I ent see much difference between Maturana and Wim

Maturana does try to go tru the center...ball lorse.

Wim used to try the flank...ball lorse...men cyar cross.

Same knock the ball in the back, same lack of bite in the middle, same cluelessness and hit and hope up front. Backs and fwd game with no midfield.

The more things change the more they remain the same.

I will give Maturana all props for gettin rid of Seon Power and Dwayne Jack.

Funny how Telesford look decent vs England and vs JA the commentators and myself find he was running around wild and clueless.

sean power is injured touches
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 05, 2008, 07:22:36 AM »
i get the impression that Lasana is waiting with baited breath for the wheels to fall off..

much of the article is premature in my opinion.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 05, 2008, 07:34:01 AM »
It safe 2 compare d finish product wit d new product because y was a new product invented?

When I heard Jan Michael name call I say hmmmmmmmmm must have gotten dat wrong

Then I heard Connell name I text Patriot ah say whah happen dey we both figured out that d press was stellar as per usual and got it wrong.

Then we all read Lisana and we knew what really happened so brudder say what u have 2 say as 4 all who invested in Maturana good 4 dem my investment iz i n TNT futbol and once d Corneals involve as dey ah it eh have no my ROI
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 05, 2008, 07:53:06 AM »
Can anyone translate this article into Spanish. I can get it to Maturana before Corneal does.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 05, 2008, 08:02:45 AM »
Free Translation. com it worked wonders when I was doin Spanish 4 business
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #169 on: June 05, 2008, 08:10:47 AM »
Great article. Lasana, I would have liked you to be our TTFF Communication Officer because a lot of nonsense be going on internally and we never get to find out (which is unfair because we at least deserve that much). Realistically, that wouldn't happen because the TTFF want someone who would "suck dey totee." Shaun fits that cap.

Do any of you guys remember when we qualified for the WC, Anton was not showing 100% support to Leo because he thought that some of "his" players where better than the players that Leo had selected?

Leo was a hard coach for him (Anton) to Manipulate. Well Leo left to coach brighter pastures (well at least so he thought) and Anton fought determinedly to insure that Wim was gone, since him too (Wim) was not only insulting our players, league; but also not giving Anton his time of the day. So anyways, he (Anton) finally got his wish. Anton knowing that he cannot get the head coaching job goes on to "recommends" Maturana for the head coach position because he knows he would be someone that will listen to him and give him a sense of power.

Case and point, Anton's 7 or so player on the present team (With all due respect to those players).

We does go on and on about Jack Warner but hardly ever talk about the "Corneal Kingdom." Their joined forces will make our passion for the country's beloved sport and beloved team go sour. All the Corneal's and their "lick kakahole men" that support and surround them, need to all go to hell.

Let this article open up ALL of our eyes. According to Andre Samuel "ah love it"

Kingman
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 08:19:43 AM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 05, 2008, 08:19:29 AM »
Can anyone translate this article into Spanish. I can get it to Maturana before Corneal does.

Guys, lets follow up on this request. Can anyone translate it properly ? send it to Insider now..

Lasana is just a boss !!!!

Wasn't Roberts from Corneal school to.... now the Corneals could boast about how many players they supply to the T&T senior team yearly. They resume will look good. More than any other club in T&T...

And the thing is they dont even like Jack Warner, I know that personally.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 08:24:33 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 05, 2008, 08:23:01 AM »
I was not jokin freetranslation.com is d best side I used

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 05, 2008, 08:23:10 AM »

Guys, lets follow up on this request. Can anyone translate it properly ? send it to Insider now..

Lasana is just a boss !!!!

Wasn't Roberts from Corneal school to.... now the Corneals could boast about how many players they supply to the T&T senior team yearly. They resume will look good. More than any other club in T&T...

And the thing is they dont even like Jack Warner, I know that personally.

I can translate it properly but I fraid Anton intercept that email and change around the words before giving it to Maturana. You know he is that.  :rotfl:

But seriously, you guys need it translated? I need an email address to send it to. Who we sending it too? Insider or Mturana?

Yes, Roberts was a player in Corneal coaching school.

Kingman
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 08:25:20 AM by Flex »

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 05, 2008, 08:25:13 AM »
I was not jokin freetranslation.com is d best side I used

To get the proper translation from freetranslation.com you would need to pay. Otherwise, if you use "as is" it would translate the article poorly.

Kingman
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 08:32:36 AM by kingman »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 05, 2008, 08:32:38 AM »
spanish translation to the bottom

http://www.google.com/translate_t?hl=en

Translation: English » Spanish

Speak up, Maturana. ...Who is the Warrior chief ? By: Lasana Liburd (Express). Hace mejorar su espanol, Francisco Maturana? (Has your Spanish improved, Francisco Maturana?) Five months have passed since Maturana accepted the post of Trinidad and Tobago national football team coach. On his inauguration, the Colombian refused to talk in detail about his philosophy and what he brought to the post on the grounds that it was better to be judged on the team's performances. Perhaps, it is time we had a word then. Trinidad and Tobago's humbling 3-0 defeat to England on June 1 was a startling example, if one was needed, as to the extent of the team's decline since the summer of 2006 at the Germany World Cup. The difference in the final score summary is a single goal between June 1, 2008 and June 15, 2006, but that is somewhat misleading. In Germany, England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson was forced to introduce Wayne Rooney, who was not fully recovered from injury, and use David Beckham as an auxiliary right back in a desperate attempt to breach the stubborn "Soca Warriors" side. Trinidad and Tobago might have even been ahead as England defender John Terry was forced into an acrobatic goalline clearance to deny Stern John, while Peter Crouch's late opener for the English side should have been disallowed for a tug on opposing defender Brent Sancho. But it is not merely the contrasting performances of the different Trinidad and Tobago teams that worries. Maturana, after all, cannot be held culpable for the stagnation in our international game since 2006 due, in large part, to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation's (T&TFF) decision to blacklist 16 senior players over a bonus dispute. He just had the misfortune of inheriting it. The integrity of Maturana's squad was arguably compromised on Friday, too, when, a day after he named an 18-man squad, FIFA vice-president and T&TFF special adviser Jack Warner ordered the inclusion of 2006 World Cup captain and ex-Manchester United star Dwight Yorke. Again, there is nothing new about a Trinidad and Tobago coach being forced to accommodate a high-profile player. Maturana asserted, days before the Centennial match, that he would not use Yorke but he is not the first to capitulate before his paymaster. The surprising thing about Maturana's term, thus far, is not the players he was forced to pick or ignore. Rather, it is the players he seemingly found on his own. Kern Cupid was derided by fans and the media alike for an abysmal performance against England. But it is worth noting that he is not the starting right back for his club, W Connection, while his rival, Kareem Smith of United Petrotrin, upstaged him in friendlies against Grenada and Barbados. So why did Maturana persist with him if he is not in his best form after apparently using similar criteria to exclude the likes of Chris Birchall, Brent Sancho and Cornell Glen? Presentation College student Akeem Adams was an unused substitute and, almost certainly, a bright prospect for the future. The T&TFF list his employer as W Connection, too, but that is disingenuous. Adams has never played for Connection's senior team and was only promoted from their youth to reserve ranks after a plea from national assistant coach Anton Corneal. His selection is even more baffling when one considers that Connection's starting left back is a teenager named Kemuel Rivers. Is youth and promise the criteria for an international cap these days? Try explaining that to Rivers who, at 19, has never been summoned to a national training session. Kevaughn Connell, who represents France third division team L'Entente, was virtually unheard of before April 27 when he made a promising debut as a second half substitute in a 2-0 win over Grenada. Connell plays as a striker in France but was used on the left flank against Grenada and England. If he deserved a call-up, though, why did they not have a look at the Belgium-based duo of striker Matthew Bartholomew (19) and left winger Aaron Downing (20), who graduated through the national youth ranks and play regularly in the lower leagues of another European country? Can anyone explain, too, why Connell was not selected in Maturana's 18-man squad on Thursday and, on Sunday, was preferred to Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA winger Hayden Tinto as a late substitute? CLICO San Juan Jabloteh playmaker Ataullah Guerra was elated when he was named in the 18-man squad, too. Two days later, he was informed that his place would be taken by Yorke. The technical staff could have extended their squad to 19 members, if only to avoid the inevitable disappointment of the unlucky player. On Saturday, when Guerra got the news, he was not offered any such sweetener. Yet, on match day, he saw another five players added to the team while he was still out in the cold. Connection goalkeeper Marvin Phillip might have been perplexed, too. He was named, alongside Clayton Ince, in Maturana's 18-man squad but suddenly replaced by Sheffield United-bound custodian Jan-Michael Williams on the eve of the match and also forced to watch proceedings from the stands. Again, no reason was offered for the selection change, leaving conspiracy theorists to come up with their own. Sheffield United manager Kevin Blackwell was in the stands. Was there undue influence on the technical staff from others besides Warner? Maturana no longer appears at press conferences and his assistant, Corneal, speaks on behalf of the technical staff. Does Corneal's influence end there? At least four players used against England, including Connell, spent part or most of their formative years with the Alcons Football Club, which is run by Corneal and his father, Alvin Corneal, who incidentally worked alongside Maturana on the FIFA technical committee and recommended him for his present job. Four more Warriors featured in the Centennial game represent Petrotrin, who have a third Corneal, Anton's brother Arnold, in a managerial position. Granted that the 'Corneal list' includes national record scorer Stern John, who is undeniably worth his pick, while Smith has already been identified as a sound investment and utility player Osei Telesford gave a good account. Perhaps the progress of such a large group of former pupils is testimony to the coaching prowess of the Corneals. But the fact that eight from 17 players are linked to the family raises questions, legitimate or not, about whose philosophy directs the team. All coaches pull the odd surprise selection. In 1996, Bertille St Clair made Ince his first-choice goalkeeper for the Caribbean Cup although, at the time, he was third string at Defence Force. Ince went on to be adjudged the Caribbean's best goalie and, along with Michael Maurice, now holds the record for the most clean sheets by a Trinidad and Tobago custodian in World Cup competition. Dutchman Leo Beenhakker had a few gambles, too. Midfielder Birchall's stunning volley in the first World Cup Playoff match against Bahrain alone was worth the price of his admission. Goalkeeper Kelvin Jack was superb in the second Playoff leg and virtually flawless when he replaced an in-form Shaka Hislop for the final World Cup fixture against Paraguay, while Jabloteh full back Cyd Gray warmed hearts with a brave and effective display against England's Michael Owen in the World Cup despite being hampered by an injury. In Beenhakker's camp, there was a consistency in the selection criteria that nurtured a relationship of trust and respect between players and coach. Even before June 1, Maturana baffled with his choices. He selected a shortlist to face Grenada that did not include versatile bmobile Joe Public attacker Kerry Baptiste and, on the eve of the friendly, recalled Baptiste and started him ahead of players preferred earlier. It was more of the same against Barbados as United States-based schoolboy Ancil Farrier joined the squad as a late replacement and got the nod over incumbent left back Aklie Edwards of the Defence Force. The football was patchy and the picks and omissions surprised, but an undefeated stretch of five games, albeit largely against average opposition, preserved the coach's bubble. It is harsh to suggest that Maturana's stock should fall after defeat to an established football nation like England. But, for all Warner's meddling--and, in retrospect, Yorke was hardly a bad pick--it seems that the Colombian may be the architect for some of his own problems. Maturana enjoyed a tranquil introduction to life in Trinidad and Tobago on the back of his impressive CV and a string of positive results. It is ridiculous to suggest that the wheels have come off. In fact, Maturana's marshalling of limited resources remains exemplary and an education to observers. Not even Sunday's one-sided affair detracted from the customary cleverness of his tactical strategies and ability to think on his feet. Yet, it might be time for him to quell concerns about his selection policy. In January, Maturana, a qualified dentist, promised to be conversing in English within six months. Una palabra por favor, senor. (A word please, sir).       

Hablar, Maturana.
... ¿Quién es el jefe guerrero?
Por: Lasana LIBURD (Express).

Hare MEJORAR su español, Francisco Maturana?
(¿Ha mejorado su español, Francisco Maturana?)

Cinco meses han pasado desde que Maturana aceptó el puesto de Trinidad y Tobago nacional de fútbol entrenador del equipo. En su toma de posesión, el colombiano se negó a hablar en detalle acerca de su filosofía y lo que ha llevado al puesto con el argumento de que era mejor para ser juzgado por el equipo del artista.

Quizás, es hora de que tengamos una palabra entonces.

Trinidad y Tobago la humildad derrota 3-0 a Inglaterra el 1 de junio fue un sorprendente ejemplo, si uno se necesitaba, en cuanto a la magnitud de la caída del equipo desde el verano de 2006 en la Copa del Mundo de Alemania.

La diferencia en la puntuación final es un resumen único objetivo entre el 1 de junio de 2008 y 15 de junio de 2006, sino que es un tanto engañosa.

En Alemania, Inglaterra coach Sven-Goran Eriksson se vio obligado a introducir Wayne Rooney, que no estaba plenamente recuperado de una lesión, y la utilización David Beckham como un derecho auxiliar en un intento desesperado de la violación obstinada "Soca Warriors".

Trinidad y Tobago podría haber sido incluso por delante de Inglaterra defensor John Terry se vio obligado en un acrobático goalline liquidación de negar Stern John, Peter Crouch, mientras que la tardía apertura de Inglés para el lado debería haber sido rechazado por un remolcador a oponerse defensor Brent Sancho.

Pero no es sólo el contraste actuaciones de los diferentes Trinidad y Tobago que preocupa a los equipos.

Maturana, después de todo, no puede ser considerado culpable del estancamiento en nuestro juego internacional desde 2006 debido, en gran parte, a la Trinidad y Tobago de la Federación de Fútbol (T & TFF) decisión de "lista negra" 16 jugadores de alto nivel durante un bono controversia. Él sólo tuvo la desgracia de heredar.

La integridad de la plantilla Maturana fue sin duda en peligro el viernes, también, cuando, un día después de haber nombrado un hombre de 18 brigada, la FIFA vice-presidente y T & TFF asesor especial Jack Warner ordenó la inclusión de la Copa del Mundo de 2006 y ex capitán de Manchester United estrellas Dwight Yorke.

Una vez más, no hay nada nuevo acerca de un Trinidad y Tobago entrenador está obligado a acomodar un alto perfil de jugador. Maturana afirmó, días antes del partido del Centenario, que no uso Yorke pero él no es el primero en capitular antes de su pagador.

La cosa sorprendente sobre el mandato de Maturana, hasta ahora, no se los jugadores se vio obligado a recoger o pasar por alto. Más bien, es los jugadores que aparentemente se encuentran en el suyo propio. Kern Cupido se derided por los fanáticos y los medios de comunicación por igual para un rendimiento abismal en contra de Inglaterra. Pero vale la pena señalar que él no es el derecho de comenzar de nuevo por su club, W Connection, mientras que su rival, Kareem Smith Unidos de PETROTRIN, upstaged él en amistosos contra Granada y Barbados.

Entonces, ¿por qué persisten Maturana con él si él no está en su mejor forma después de aparentemente usando criterios similares para excluir a los gustos de Chris Birchall, Brent Sancho y Cornell Glen?

Presentación Colegio estudiante Akeem Adams era un sustituto y no utilizados, casi con toda seguridad, una brillante perspectiva para el futuro. El T & TFF la lista de su empleador como W Connection, demasiado, pero eso es falso.

Adams nunca ha jugado para la conexión del equipo de categoría superior y sólo se promovió la juventud de sus filas a la reserva después de un motivo de asistente de entrenador nacional Anton Corneal. Su selección es aún más desconcertante si se considera que la conexión a partir del lateral izquierdo es un adolescente llamado Kemuel Ríos.

¿Es la juventud y la promesa de los criterios internacionales para un tope en estos días? Trate de explicar que a los ríos que, a los 19, nunca ha sido citado a una sesión de entrenamiento nacional.

Kevaughn Connell, que representa a Francia tercera división equipo de L'Entente, era prácticamente desconocida antes de abril 27 cuando él hizo un prometedor debut como sustituto segunda mitad en una victoria 2-0 sobre Granada. Connell juega como delantero en Francia, pero fue utilizado en el flanco izquierdo contra Granada e Inglaterra.

Si merecían una llamada a filas, aunque, ¿por qué no echar un vistazo a las Bélgica basada en dúo de delantero Matthew Bartholomew (19) y el extremo izquierdo Aaron Downing (20), que se graduaron a través de las filas nacionales de la juventud y juega regularmente en las ligas inferiores de otro país europeo?

¿Puede alguien explicar, también, ¿por qué Connell no fue seleccionado en Maturana's 18-man escuadra el jueves y el domingo, se prefirió a Neal & Massy Caledonia AFP extremo Hayden Tinto como un sustituto tarde?

CLICO San Juan Jabloteh playmaker Ataullah Guerra encantados cuando fue nombrado en la 18 brigada hombre, también. Dos días más tarde, se le informó de que su lugar sería ocupado por Yorke.

El personal técnico podría haber ampliado su plantilla a 19 miembros, aunque sólo sea para evitar la inevitable decepción por la mala suerte de jugador. El sábado, cuando Guerra llegó la noticia, no se le ofrecen este tipo de edulcorante.

Sin embargo, por coincidir con día, vio a otros cinco jugadores añadido para el equipo mientras se encontraba aún en el frío.

Conexión portero Marvin Phillip podría haber sido perplejos, también. Fue nombrado, junto a Clayton Ince, en Maturana's 18-man escuadra, pero de repente sustituirá por Sheffield Unidos sujetos a custodia Jan-Michael Williams en vísperas del partido y también obligados a observar los procedimientos de los stands.

Una vez más, ninguna razón se le ofreció para cambiar la selección, dejando a los teóricos de la conspiración para llegar a sus propias.

Sheffield Unidos director Kevin Blackwell fue en las gradas. ¿Existe una influencia indebida sobre el personal técnico de otros, además de Warner?

Maturana ya no aparece en las conferencias de prensa y su asistente, la córnea, habla en nombre del personal técnico. ¿La influencia de la córnea final?

Al menos cuatro jugadores utilizados contra Inglaterra, incluyendo Connell, pasó parte o la mayoría de sus años de formación con el Alcons Fútbol Club, que está dirigido por la córnea y su padre, Alvin Corneal, que por cierto trabajó junto a Maturana en el comité técnico de la FIFA y le recomendó por su trabajo actual.

Cuatro guerreros más destacado en el juego del Centenario representan PETROTRIN, que tienen un tercio corneal, el hermano de Anton Arnold, en un cargo directivo.

Dado que la "lista de la córnea" incluye registro nacional goleador Stern John, que es innegable valor de su selección, mientras que Smith ya ha sido identificada como una buena inversión y la utilidad jugador Osei Telesford dio una buena cuenta.

Tal vez el progreso de este gran grupo de ex alumnos es testimonio de las proezas de coaching de la Corneals.

Pero el hecho de que ocho de 17 jugadores están vinculadas a la familia plantea preguntas, legítimos o no, acerca de cuya filosofía dirige el equipo. Todos los entrenadores tirar la extraña sorpresa de selección.

En 1996, Bertille St Clair Ince hizo su primera opción para el guardameta Copa del Caribe a pesar de que, en el momento, fue tercera cadena en la Fuerza de Defensa. Ince pasó a ser el Caribe determinó el mejor portero y, junto con Michael Maurice, ahora tiene el récord de los más limpios de hojas de un Trinidad y Tobago custodio en la Copa del Mundo de la competencia. Holandés Leo Beenhakker había unos juega, también.

Mediocampista Birchall del voley impresionante en la primera Copa del Mundo de playoff partido contra Bahrein por sí solo valía la pena el precio de su admisión. Portero Kelvin Jack era excelente en el segundo playoff pierna y prácticamente impecable cuando se sustituye a un formulario-Shaka Hislop para el final de la Copa del Mundo de instalación fija contra el Paraguay, mientras que Jabloteh lateral Cyd Gray calentado con un corazón valiente y eficaz contra la pantalla de Inglaterra Michael Owen en la Copa del Mundo a pesar de ser obstaculizado por una lesión.

En Beenhakker del campamento, hubo una coherencia en los criterios de selección que nutre una relación de confianza y respeto entre los jugadores y el entrenador.

Incluso antes de 1 de junio de Maturana desconcertado con sus opciones. Se seleccionó una lista corta para hacer frente a Granada que no incluía versátil bmobile Joe Pública atacante y Kerry Baptiste, en vísperas de la amistad, recuerda Bautista y empezó a él delante de los jugadores preferidos antes.

Es más de lo mismo en contra de Barbados como sede en los Estados Unidos escolar Ancil Farrier se unió a la plantilla como un reemplazo tarde y obtuvo el guiño más de lateral izquierdo titular Aklie Edwards de la Fuerza de Defensa.

El fútbol fue desigual y los picos y omisiones sorprendido, pero undefeated un tramo de cinco juegos, aunque en gran medida contra la media de oposición, conservas el entrenador de la burbuja.

Es duro para sugerir que Maturana acciones deben caer después de derrotar a una nación futbolística como Inglaterra. Pero, para todos Warner entrometerse - y, en retrospectiva, Yorke fue apenas una mala selección - parece que el colombiano puede ser el arquitecto de algunos de sus propios problemas.

Maturana disfrutado de una tranquila introducción a la vida en Trinidad y Tobago en la parte posterior de su impresionante currículum y una cadena de resultados positivos. Es ridículo sugerir que las ruedas se han apagado.

De hecho, Maturana de la clasificación de los limitados recursos sigue siendo ejemplar y una educación a los observadores. Ni siquiera del domingo unilateral asunto restaba de la habitual astucia de sus estrategias y tácticas capacidad de pensar en sus pies.

Sin embargo, tal vez sea hora de que él para sofocar las preocupaciones acerca de su política de selección. En enero, Maturana, un dentista cualificado, prometía ser conversando en Inglés dentro de los seis meses.

Una palabra por favor, señor. (Una palabra por favor, señor).
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 08:36:10 AM by Die.Hard.Warrior »
Youtube Channel

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 05, 2008, 08:35:50 AM »
Lasana article totally make sense to me. At least Wim was flexible in his experimentation, he try pretty much most of the better PL players during his tenure. Now the selections are completely baffling. Anybody know who Jamal Gay agent is and who is representing him in Sweden, or more importantly, who is making money by getting him signed?

I not trying to belittle the youth, I like that he getting a chance at such an early age, but obviously something is going on behind the scenes that few outside the industry know about. Without casting aspersions on people without clear evidence for such, we need youths like Gay to get outside as quickly as possible, but we don't need yet another family using questionable, opaque practices to profit at the expense of others.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 05, 2008, 08:37:28 AM »
i get the impression that Lasana is waiting with baited breath for the wheels to fall off..

It is a good article, but i must admit that i agree with you!!

I have said it before, Warner shit up Lisana real bad and i think that Lisana has his "motives" for writing these articles.

I am not speaking against good investigative journalism, i am glad he is exposing Jack and all the shit that is happening.  But i think he goes overboard too quick.

He jamming Maturana unneccesarily.  I think our coach is doing an excellent job.  He is focusing on our local players and working with them.

In this article Lisana comparing the performance of this team with one that had 3-4 months of secluded preparation.  

He is just waiting for de man to fail.

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 05, 2008, 08:38:32 AM »
alyuh i do to translation above eh, how we sending this thing now. PM insider?
Youtube Channel

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 05, 2008, 08:42:57 AM »

EDIT:

So what that Mats was forced to accommodate Yorke. 

The other stuff about the criteria for selection...regular starts (or even sweat) for club, or youth (ostensibly) are good points.  They call to question the very consistency and transparency in selection that some of us fans have been clamoring for.
The Point is the trust between player and coach. Bennie had his players trust vice versa and mats seems not to... it looks like other people is picking his squad for him... I SMELL FISH!! :devil:
All American

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 05, 2008, 08:47:59 AM »
Gracias insider over 2

Zandolie we luv Maturana

Lisana get d last word Jack try 2 shit him up but ticket or leave it was expose FIFA had 2 pretend dey disciplin he etc. As 4 waitin on d team 2 fail what Corneal and dem was doin 2 d Don and crew sayin he playin locals etc. Lisana after 5 mths critical bout Pancho how long it took bd dey get on D Don back

1]; } ?>