April 25, 2024, 02:40:04 AM

Author Topic: Maturana takes up senior coaching job.  (Read 146814 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Speak up, Maturana, Who is the Warrior chief ?
« Reply #210 on: June 07, 2008, 05:49:10 AM »
Who say memorable quote..... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh lord Palos yuh make mih morning.....ah gone wid dat one... :rotfl:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Speak up, Maturana, Who is the Warrior chief ?
« Reply #211 on: June 07, 2008, 04:08:31 PM »
Yes Palos dey cyah do what u say so y dey eh plan it but dat is d reality by goin wit d green horns dey sayin 2014 whether dat is what dey plan 2 say
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Time For Maturana To Go!!!!
« Reply #212 on: June 16, 2008, 10:08:42 PM »
Time For Maturana To Go!!!!
By: Andre Baptiste (AndreBaptiste.com)

When people hear of Bermuda, everyone thinks about –Bermuda shorts-

Many Trinidad and Tobago citizens actually wear these shorts regularly.

On Sunday (14th June), A Bermudan national football team made all of Trinidad and Tobago “wear’ red on their faces from embarrassment, shock and dismay, following a 2-1 defeat.

Add in a few tears for the four children, I saw sobbing uncontrollably at the Marvin Lee Stadium and you know just what “Football” means.

Trinidad and Tobago clearly did not do their homework.

Khano Smith from the Major League Soccer in the United States terrorized our defenders, with his measured control and talented left boot.  His running at defenders left his opposite number Kareem Smith, a mere admirer, when his deft cross found an unmarked John Barry Nusum.

Perhaps though the deciding point in this match, was made off the field, and no it was not the posturing of the Minister of Sports and Youth Affairs- Gary Hunt -or that of the special advisor to the Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation -Austin Jack Warner -and their (yes, both of them) “petty” antics, as it relates to Stadiums, costs, advertising and freeness.  Neither man has any authority on all these matters to make them on their own, without thinking about the people of this Country.  Jack Warner though has experience and knowledge on his side and should not allow Hunt, to draw him out so much.

The real problem was the decision to play a formation of 3-5-2. A system our team will clearly not be comfortable with.  Against Jamaica we used 4-4-2, against England, we used 4-4-2.  So was it that the technical Team, led by the non English speaking coach.

Fransisco Maturana devised this “bright” plan on their own.

It was a disaster.

A lot of this Team, seem disinterested in the game, it was as if they believed, they should not have been on the same field with the team from Bermuda.

How wrong they were? How wrong indeed?

The nippy winger Damon Ming, was also having his way with 33 year old Dennis Lawrence, who looked out of sorts.

In fact apart from a brief spell of energy from Carlos Edwards, it was a woeful performance from all bar possibly – Goalkeeper Clayton Ince-.

Stern John was his usual errant self with more misses than hits on targets.

So what made Maturana do this madness, did he make this decision on his own, or was he aided by Anton Corneal, the assistant coach?

In fact, the elder Corneal (Alvin) was on a technical FIFA committee with Maturana some years ago.

Also during the game with our team 2-1 down at half time, Maturana correctly introduced Ancil Farrier to stop the hemorrhaging, but unwisely substituted Khaleem Hyland instead of the hapless Keon Daniel.

Another, glaring error by the Colombian. Is there smoke in his eyes?

Maturana also demonstrated his lack of vision in utilizing only two (2) of his three (3) available substitutes.

Bermuda’s less experienced and much cheaper coach Kenneth Thompson utilizes all three of his substitutes.

Is he saying or sending a signal that his bench is so bad, so poor, what does that say of the future of Daryl Roberts?

It is clear now in my mind, win (by the required 2 goals on Sunday 22nd) or lose, that Fransisco Maturana is not the “man” for us. This country deserves more.

Any talk of Chemistry among the team is a significant disclosure that everything is not okay in the camp.

Sometimes, too many cooks block

He is not able to inspire these players and maybe it is time to revised the Blacklisted players and swallow your pride, Jack and ask them to come back.  It may be too late…………

However if there is no Blacklist , and the coach Maturana can pick any player , he wants , that is a faster reason to have this man out of here, because, he has not selected our best team.

But Maturana should go, should go and never come back.

Faith  alone will not help us in the future , it may on Sunday coming , but that is short term thinking .

So Maturana Please Go and take some with you!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Time For Maturana To Go!!!!
« Reply #213 on: June 16, 2008, 10:13:39 PM »
D fearless 1 I luv d part bout d non existant blacklist
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

truetrini

« Reply #214 on: June 17, 2008, 02:10:55 AM »
I agree Maturana have to go!

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 17, 2008, 04:27:01 AM »

I  truly understand your frustration Fish, but I think Maturana is good enough tuh make us qualify doh. He definitely is not a Beenie, but I think he have de football knowledge to get us there. Look at dis, If you doubt meh, look at de amount of goals meh boi Stern throw away may be other players also, dat said one great thing, dat the team is playing some attacking football and getting some open looks at goal. From what I read de defence didn't do 2 bad either, de second goal was an unfortunate situation for us. I know dat there are coaches out there looking for a job, dat have a better resume and success at the top level dan Maturana. However, we just need to rally around de team people, forget about de like Jack and doh like jack thing, dat will not help de team right now. Leave dem thing for another time, doh matter what we say at dis time, Mr. Warner and Mr. Maturana will still be de bosses on Sunday.Remember Sunday 15th June 2008, dat date and game is gone, I'm upset and disappointed like you all, but let us just pray, support de coach, his staff and de entire team, de fighting down of de staff and de team will not help dem on Sunday at all. Bless.  HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Estelle

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 17, 2008, 04:47:04 AM »
No.  He gotta go - an' fas!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #217 on: June 17, 2008, 04:47:12 AM »

I  truly understand your frustration Fish, but I think Maturana is good enough tuh make us qualify doh. He definitely is not a Beenie, but I think he have de football knowledge to get us there. Look at dis, If you doubt meh, look at de amount of goals meh boi Stern throw away may be other players also, dat said one great thing, dat the team is playing some attacking football and getting some open looks at goal. From what I read de defence didn't do 2 bad either, de second goal was an unfortunate situation for us. I know dat there are coaches out there looking for a job, dat have a better resume and success at the top level dan Maturana. However, we just need to rally around de team people, forget about de like Jack and doh like jack thing, dat will not help de team right now. Leave dem thing for another time, doh matter what we say at dis time, Mr. Warner and Mr. Maturana will still be de bosses on Sunday.Remember Sunday 15th June 2008, dat date and game is gone, I'm upset and disappointed like you all, but let us just pray, support de coach, his staff and de entire team, de fighting down of de staff and de team will not help dem on Sunday at all. Bless.  HIGHLY BLESSED.
Nah SUPA if you'd seen the game the gaping holes in the midfield the questionable player selection and the tactical blunders were so evident you would definitely change your mind about Matu's ability as a coach. He got beaten tactically by Bermuda. That is enough to tell me he isn't ready. 

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 17, 2008, 04:47:49 AM »

NAH!!..

Leh Pacho go he way,and let Jack Haul he mudda asss
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 17, 2008, 06:28:13 AM »
No.  He gotta go - an' fas!
Chunks....give de man ah chance nah jed

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 17, 2008, 06:39:13 AM »
Great Article...Spot on except the part about K.Daniel... he should have taken off K.Smith instead and put Telesford RB and leave Danny on the LW  we would have been more potent as K.Smith is a shithong..as well as A.Farrier.. if you see how many times dem send dat ball tru de left side de right side even tru him.. Makan is a next goat no1 taking on... I watchover that goal and 2 in the England game .. He cannot read danger like how Sancho and Andrews do.. But he is Pacho boy..so as long as the puppet dere.. Makan dere..

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 17, 2008, 06:51:35 AM »
fack Pacho
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 17, 2008, 07:25:00 AM »
Great Article...Spot on except the part about K.Daniel... he should have taken off K.Smith instead and put Telesford RB and leave Danny on the LW  we would have been more potent as K.Smith is a shithong..as well as A.Farrier.. if you see how many times dem send dat ball tru de left side de right side even tru him.. Makan is a next goat no1 taking on... I watchover that goal and 2 in the England game .. He cannot read danger like how Sancho and Andrews do.. But he is Pacho boy..so as long as the puppet dere.. Makan dere..

No blame for the player who squandered chance upon chance in front of goal?

We passing de buck but not de peso... hmmmn. 

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 17, 2008, 07:37:09 AM »

Yes Stern had a bad day..yet he scored.. But 9/10 times he would have taken 1 of the 2 clear cut chances.. but Everyone had a bad day at the office...it was just one of those days

Also.. Stern had lets say 4 good chances..scored 1..   Scotty 1 chance..0 goals...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 17, 2008, 07:52:23 AM »

Yes Stern had a bad day..yet he scored.. But 9/10 times he would have taken 1 of the 2 clear cut chances.. but Everyone had a bad day at the office...it was just one of those days

Also.. Stern had lets say 4 good chances..scored 1..   Scotty 1 chance..0 goals...

Indeed...everyone had a bad day at the office, and if Stern had scored two we hardly woulda be calling for Maturana head.  I say that to remind folks to keep things in perspective... no matter what the tactic or what the strategy it comes down to the players on the field.  If you don't put them in position to make plays then yes, you deserve blame.  If you put them in position to make plays and they fail then that is hardly your fault (as coach) now is it?

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #225 on: June 17, 2008, 08:05:43 AM »

Indeed...everyone had a bad day at the office, and if Stern had scored two we hardly woulda be calling for Maturana head.  I say that to remind folks to keep things in perspective... no matter what the tactic or what the strategy it comes down to the players on the field.  If you don't put them in position to make plays then yes, you deserve blame.  If you put them in position to make plays and they fail then that is hardly your fault (as coach) now is it?
What if they only get into position by chance? Or by the inferiority of the other team?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 17, 2008, 08:13:49 AM »

What if they only get into position by chance? Or by the inferiority of the other team?

Breds I really eh up fuh de hypotheticals dis morning nuh... my point is that everyone bawling fire Pacho as though that will solve anything.  Yuh could bring in Mourinho or Big Phil or any other big name coach tomorrow.  Bottom line is if de foreign-based pro's too big to kick ball with the local-based, or man is too much ah starboy tuh track back and fight fuh ball... if defenders cyah defend and forwards spooning chances over de bar... if all de free kick ending up by de fat man in de fourth row bleachers... den it really ent matter who it have on de sidelines twisting in Jack wind.

There's more than enough blame to be passed around and shared by all...from administration to technical staff to players.  Our problems go way beyond the coaching.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 08:16:22 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 17, 2008, 08:17:24 AM »
maybe the players wearing black in their own way ?

Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 17, 2008, 08:18:14 AM »
D man only loose 2 games and 1 was a fete match he should stay

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #229 on: June 17, 2008, 08:20:37 AM »

Breds I really eh up fuh de hypotheticals dis morning nuh... my point is that everyone bawling fire Pacho as though that will solve anything.  Yuh could bring in Mourinho or Big Phil or any other big name coach tomorrow.  Bottom line is if de foreign-based pro's too big to kick ball with the local-based, or man is too much ah starboy tuh track back and fight fuh ball... if defenders cyah defend and forwards spooning chances over de bar... if all de free kick ending up by de fat man in de fourth row bleachers... den it really ent matter who it have on de sidelines twisting in Jack wind.

There's more than enough blame to be passed around and shared by all...from administration to technical staff to players.  Our problems go way beyond the coaching.
I think team morale is low. And I think it's directly tied to the (non-)selection process. Getting rid of Maturana won't solve it, but he have to take some grief for cooperating with it.

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 17, 2008, 08:35:31 AM »
I guess is the coach fault the that Trinidad and Tobago all time scorer miss about 10 chances against a team that is ranked 300 out of 203 in FIFA . :angel: Cut the shit now big people. Until TT football player learn to be consistant, they have more embarrassment to get.
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 17, 2008, 09:14:18 AM »
Corneal to go with him!
Hart for president

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 17, 2008, 10:49:39 AM »
we want beenie
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 17, 2008, 11:07:00 AM »
Look back at the England game and examine Carlos Edwards' play, he was refusing to even throw the ball to the local defender Cupid, yes he had a bad game but the man free as a bird and Carlos still forcing the throw inside to Stern and we losing the ball. Also Carlos should have been helping Cupid defend against Barry and Downing i think because that's what a midfielder is supposed to do but where was he?? I think there's something definitely up in our team judging by the attitude we are seeing from some players towards each other.
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 17, 2008, 12:05:08 PM »
Yep is a we and dem but me eh feel Carlos should b d  man since he eh side wit d lawsuit so he in my doghouse because of dat. All he has 2 do is retire 4 good dis time doh be on d field and eh give yuh all dat is real nonesense

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 17, 2008, 12:35:40 PM »

I think team morale is low. And I think it's directly tied to the (non-)selection process. Getting rid of Maturana won't solve it, but he have to take some grief for cooperating with it.

Yuh ent getting no argument from me on dat one... for whatever the reason the lack of cohesiveness is present and it's being borne out on the field.  That said, the tactical efffort on the sidelines is also open to questioning...so yeah, as much as I've been preaching patience with Maturana, clearly he has to share in the blame.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 17, 2008, 12:41:36 PM »
While Maturana has to bear some of the blame because he is the Head Coach most of it has to go with Corneal and Lincoln Phillips as they have been the two constants. They are the ones who have brought these new players into the fold.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 17, 2008, 12:50:09 PM »
MEP  d man say he c tapes so me eh buyin dat he is part of d problem he needs some testicular fortitude or go back 2 pullin teeth

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 17, 2008, 01:00:03 PM »
The real problem was the decision to play a formation of 3-5-2. A system our team will clearly not be comfortable with.  Against Jamaica we used 4-4-2, against England, we used 4-4-2.  So was it that the technical Team, led by the non English speaking coach.

A 3-5-2 could get the job done any day ... Doh tell meh we can never play a 3-5-2 ... furthermore, teams adjust formation in midstream, even mid-match all the time ... Wha yuh really saying?

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 17, 2008, 01:50:39 PM »
MEP  d man say he c tapes so me eh buyin dat he is part of d problem he needs some testicular fortitude or go back 2 pullin teeth

but if we throw him away who then will take over Anton? might as well bring back Gally or Bertille........but is what tapes he see dais de question? but yuh right he does need to tell Anton callate la boca cabron.....

1]; } ?>