April 29, 2024, 02:35:28 AM

Author Topic: Maturana takes up senior coaching job.  (Read 147344 times)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Re: Time For Maturana To Go!!!!
« Reply #240 on: June 17, 2008, 01:59:11 PM »
With a game to go in a couple days firing Maturana now is a waste of time.

A new coach is not going to have a material impact in one game because it will be the same players, same selection committee and probably still be Anton in the assistant role, if not managing the whole show altogether.

This one has to play itself out.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

truetrini

« Reply #241 on: June 17, 2008, 02:09:55 PM »
Lp eh have nutten to do with bringing in players.....nutten

he eh no coach

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 17, 2008, 02:22:59 PM »
D man only loose 2 games and 1 was a fete match he should stay
He could stay in trinidad but not coaching we team if that's the kinda decisions he decide to make taking out a mid-fielder and putting in a defender when you a goal down... bull that's real bull I tell u!
All American

truetrini

« Reply #243 on: June 17, 2008, 02:26:47 PM »
learn to spell, de man lost  or lose if yuh prefer he eh loose, dat is you!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #244 on: June 17, 2008, 02:27:19 PM »

he eh no coach

I hope this wasn't directed to my comments.

By "coaching committee" I am referring to Anton (and by extension Alvin) and Maturana exclusively.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 17, 2008, 02:29:35 PM »
which cracks these wim lovers was hiding in before now boy?? steups

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 17, 2008, 02:31:01 PM »
So let me play devil's advocate and suggest and AMERICAN COACH FOR WE SHIT SIDE

truetrini

« Reply #247 on: June 17, 2008, 02:40:32 PM »

he eh no coach

By "coaching committee" I am referring to Anton (and by extension Alvin) and Maturana exclusively.

NAH IT WAS DIRECTED AT MEP with he shit talk

Offline damiangoal

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 17, 2008, 03:12:46 PM »
No.  He gotta go - an' fas!
When I said he should go after the England match, people blow me out. Allyuh take that in allyuh garrrr.... :rotfl:

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 17, 2008, 11:00:50 PM »
No.  He gotta go - an' fas!

:rotfl:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 17, 2008, 11:24:49 PM »
1.  So these professional players ent have enough pride in themselves and their country to show up and play better on game day?

2.  Last WC the local and foreign players gel and play together well because there was on field leadership and coaching genius.  Does it really exist on this team?

3.  Any observer watching the selection and tactics have to wonder what ability Maturana have or is he a puppet for other people pulling the strings?

4.  Lincoln Phillips is very silent.  Does he have any role or is he another lap dog?

There is much blame to go around.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 17, 2008, 11:31:07 PM »
I agree Maturana have to go!

I  truly understand your frustration Fish, but I think Maturana is good enough tuh make us qualify doh. He definitely is not a Beenie, but I think he have de football knowledge to get us there. Look at dis, If you doubt meh, look at de amount of goals meh boi Stern throw away may be other players also, dat said one great thing, dat the team is playing some attacking football and getting some open looks at goal. From what I read de defence didn't do 2 bad either, de second goal was an unfortunate situation for us. I know dat there are coaches out there looking for a job, dat have a better resume and success at the top level dan Maturana. However, we just need to rally around de team people, forget about de like Jack and doh like jack thing, dat will not help de team right now. Leave dem thing for another time, doh matter what we say at dis time, Mr. Warner and Mr. Maturana will still be de bosses on Sunday.Remember Sunday 15th June 2008, dat date and game is gone, I'm upset and disappointed like you all, but let us just pray, support de coach, his staff and de entire team, de fighting down of de staff and de team will not help dem on Sunday at all. Bless.  HIGHLY BLESSED.
Nah SUPA if you'd seen the game the gaping holes in the midfield the questionable player selection and the tactical blunders were so evident you would definitely change your mind about Matu's ability as a coach. He got beaten tactically by Bermuda. That is enough to tell me he isn't ready. 

Well ah have tuh listen tuh most of you all and accept the comments being made. Cuz 2 many people saying de same thing and also some of you all saw de game. I didn't see de game, so I'm only going by de info dat I read on de forum  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 17, 2008, 11:35:54 PM »

I  truly understand your frustration Fish, but I think Maturana is good enough tuh make us qualify doh. He definitely is not a Beenie, but I think he have de football knowledge to get us there. Look at dis, If you doubt meh, look at de amount of goals meh boi Stern throw away may be other players also, dat said one great thing, dat the team is playing some attacking football and getting some open looks at goal. From what I read de defence didn't do 2 bad either, de second goal was an unfortunate situation for us. I know dat there are coaches out there looking for a job, dat have a better resume and success at the top level dan Maturana. However, we just need to rally around de team people, forget about de like Jack and doh like jack thing, dat will not help de team right now. Leave dem thing for another time, doh matter what we say at dis time, Mr. Warner and Mr. Maturana will still be de bosses on Sunday.Remember Sunday 15th June 2008, dat date and game is gone, I'm upset and disappointed like you all, but let us just pray, support de coach, his staff and de entire team, de fighting down of de staff and de team will not help dem on Sunday at all. Bless.  HIGHLY BLESSED.

NAH!!..

Leh Pacho go he way,and let Jack Haul he mudda asss

Ok boss,  :rotfl:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 18, 2008, 12:36:30 AM »

Ah know in here ah mus set set up mihself subliminaly as de coach hater, buh I never say pacho mus go.

Until now, "Pacho mus go, bring back Gal .... ah mean de Wimp"

Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 18, 2008, 01:46:26 AM »
Imagine we had coaches who get fired for losing to Grenada and coacheswho get fired for ot winning Gold cup when we were long shots. Look at this saying is HE fault and he allwed tuh stay.. Wheeey sar..
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 18, 2008, 02:58:34 AM »
Imagine we had coaches who get fired for losing to Grenada and coacheswho get fired for ot winning Gold cup when we were long shots. Look at this saying is HE fault and he allwed tuh stay.. Wheeey sar..
the wonderful world of Austin "Jack" Warner
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 03:00:17 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 18, 2008, 05:52:20 AM »
I guess high expectations can lead to great disappointment and thus ... anything thereafter ! What would be the case if your son's newly appointed primary school teacher was a disappointment in a short term evaluation ? From some of the comments here ......I guess we would call for the teacher's head ...leaving the class teacherless until we could find a replacement. ! I wonder if most people believe that coaches are breaking down the door to coach us because we have such a wonderfully talented bunch and are in an easy qualifying group ?

Let me put things in perspective ... We are in the same qualifying group as Powerhouses USA, Mexico and to a lesser extent Costa Rica, El Salvador, Jamaica and Honduras.
Our talent pool has not attracted much attention with the majority of our " Professionals " getting opportunities at levels below the top in their respective foreign countries. Folks we eh have no Latapy or Dwight Yorke to call on  !!! I see men calling for Beenie .... unless he could gears up and play like Ronaldo ..he kyah help dis bunch ....and why would he want to when tings going OK in Poland ? ...ah mean he doing just what he has always done in major competition .... he never win ah game with any team he coach and since his team has modest expectations, he reach by qualifying for Euro already .... just like he did for de soca warriors when our expectations were just to get there ... and we had Hislop, latapy , Yorke and a fit Carlos.

sEEMS LIKE WE GO BLAME mATURANA IF DE SUN DOH SHINE JUST NOW !
Dese fellas like babies in dis competition ...some of them are now making their debuts ...in ah WC competition... if we change de coach now I feel it will have a negative influence on de players ..... and before the next game ???? all yuh kyah be serious ?
Folks you can take a horse to water but you kyah make him drink .....  I did not see the game so I cant comment but from reports on the facts ...we muffed quite a lot of opportunities to kill off the game. Allyuh forget how dis team was doing before Maturana came here ?

Sorry I kyah support de call for de coach's head ...not now anyway ...we win together and we lose together at this point ..... and if we lose so be it ...it have more going on outside the field of play to distract many a top footballer anyway and it is not all the coach's fault.
Leave the man alone ....... yuh kyah give ah man ah job and as soon as he starts yuh panicking and want to give the wuk to someone else  !!!

J Jai John...... a man who has been around for many such campaigns .

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 18, 2008, 07:47:44 AM »
3-5-2 Jai dat was brilliant when d smallest chile could tell yuh d defence weak and has been d weakest part since king hatchet was a hammer so since u so dotish Honduras closer 2 Bermuda so please connect him from Miami International and left Corneal 2 do d wuk dat he already do
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 18, 2008, 11:30:49 AM »
I guess high expectations can lead to great disappointment and thus ... anything thereafter ! What would be the case if your son's newly appointed primary school teacher was a disappointment in a short term evaluation ? From some of the comments here ......I guess we would call for the teacher's head ...leaving the class teacherless until we could find a replacement. ! I wonder if most people believe that coaches are breaking down the door to coach us because we have such a wonderfully talented bunch and are in an easy qualifying group ?

Let me put things in perspective ... We are in the same qualifying group as Powerhouses USA, Mexico and to a lesser extent Costa Rica, El Salvador, Jamaica and Honduras.
Our talent pool has not attracted much attention with the majority of our " Professionals " getting opportunities at levels below the top in their respective foreign countries. Folks we eh have no Latapy or Dwight Yorke to call on  !!! I see men calling for Beenie .... unless he could gears up and play like Ronaldo ..he kyah help dis bunch ....and why would he want to when tings going OK in Poland ? ...ah mean he doing just what he has always done in major competition .... he never win ah game with any team he coach and since his team has modest expectations, he reach by qualifying for Euro already .... just like he did for de soca warriors when our expectations were just to get there ... and we had Hislop, latapy , Yorke and a fit Carlos.

sEEMS LIKE WE GO BLAME mATURANA IF DE SUN DOH SHINE JUST NOW !
Dese fellas like babies in dis competition ...some of them are now making their debuts ...in ah WC competition... if we change de coach now I feel it will have a negative influence on de players ..... and before the next game ???? all yuh kyah be serious ?
Folks you can take a horse to water but you kyah make him drink .....  I did not see the game so I cant comment but from reports on the facts ...we muffed quite a lot of opportunities to kill off the game. Allyuh forget how dis team was doing before Maturana came here ?

Sorry I kyah support de call for de coach's head ...not now anyway ...we win together and we lose together at this point ..... and if we lose so be it ...it have more going on outside the field of play to distract many a top footballer anyway and it is not all the coach's fault.
Leave the man alone ....... yuh kyah give ah man ah job and as soon as he starts yuh panicking and want to give the wuk to someone else  !!!

J Jai John...... a man who has been around for many such campaigns .

NAH!!

Let Pacho go he way.. and Let jack haul he mudda ass

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

truetrini

« Reply #259 on: June 18, 2008, 11:38:08 AM »
I eh making excuses for Maturana eh, but ah wonder if he truely understands the black list and the TTFF given the LANGUAGE barrier?

I feel he eh doing de job and must go too doh...I hope after de Bermuda game he proves all of us wrong but the man eh looking like he capable.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 18, 2008, 01:03:35 PM »
if in truth it have no blacklist then the coaches at fault for that shit team that playing
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 18, 2008, 02:24:39 PM »
He could ah call up avery shit even glenton wolfe...... but no he call an a defender (edwards)who never played at international level for a crucial WCQ....

Mna i tell you
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 18, 2008, 08:34:30 PM »
It was said 2nite on sports that nobody expected d defeat but doh worry what Bob did say go happen
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 18, 2008, 08:43:24 PM »

he eh no coach

NAH IT WAS DIRECTED AT MEP with he shit talk

boy you so far into denial yuh torkin swahili, bantu and maasai...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 22, 2008, 06:25:24 PM »
Ok maturna time to go when you reach trinidad pack you bags and head on on to columbia
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 22, 2008, 06:53:08 PM »
Ok maturna time to go when you reach trinidad pack you bags and head on on to columbia

Ditto

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 22, 2008, 07:08:23 PM »
Hello we shippin them no need 4 he 2 come

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 22, 2008, 07:11:06 PM »

columbia?  u hadda mean colombia cause i ent have no space in my house for pacho...ah sorry

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 22, 2008, 07:11:36 PM »
Is not easy to evaluate Pancho when he doh have de best cards to play.  The language barrier cyah be helpful either.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 22, 2008, 07:12:49 PM »

columbia?  u hadda mean colombia cause i ent have no space in my house for pacho...ah sorry
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
alltya are DE BEST
 ;D ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>