April 28, 2024, 05:51:37 PM

Author Topic: Maturana takes up senior coaching job.  (Read 147260 times)

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions to Maturana
« Reply #330 on: June 23, 2008, 10:12:22 PM »
what about Sealey. that boy good.and he does score de easy ones

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 23, 2008, 10:26:44 PM »
Alberta, your idea is fine!

I know that Maturing is in a tough situation but he needs to see our players play and not just make decisions  on scouting reports.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 23, 2008, 10:34:20 PM »
GET OVER THE COLLIN SAMUEL DEAL...  I know the man blank Maturana for the Jamaica game in Jamaica, but you are two grown men and get over for the sake of TnT.  Give the man another call up.  He was going through some rough times in Canada and also was release by Toronto FC.  Put your egos aside and make this happen.

Next...
Since you are stead fast with your squad thinking its the best T&T has to offer.  I challenge you for a practice match vs the Soca Warriors B squad to see if these players do belong.

Kelvin Jack
Cyd Gray (is back from injury)  Brent Sancho -  Julius James - Avery John

Anthony Wolfe - Chris Birchall - Denzil Theobald - Collin Samuel

Cornell Glenn - Trent Noel

From there you can see upclose and introduce your self to get to know these guy more and see if they fit to fit you squad.  This will end the blacklist theory and that you can pick any player of trini passport. yes you can play the game in you MLStadium if you want  ;D

put Spann and Patterson and Hardest on that team too.

Patterson aready in Maturana's plan.  Stern John took his spot...  Hardest too soft for international football...  Yes Spann in for Trent Noel cuz, and move Wolfe up front with Glenn.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Time For Maturana To Go!!!!
« Reply #333 on: June 23, 2008, 10:48:38 PM »
SM u have more insight than d technical staff I email yuh training squad 2 Fuentes but I in d TTFF blacklist so it must b end up in spam
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #334 on: June 24, 2008, 12:34:53 AM »
GET OVER THE COLLIN SAMUEL DEAL...  I know the man blank Maturana for the Jamaica game in Jamaica, but you are two grown men and get over for the sake of TnT.  Give the man another call up.  He was going through some rough times in Canada and also was release by Toronto FC.  Put your egos aside and make this happen.

Next...
Since you are stead fast with your squad thinking its the best T&T has to offer.  I challenge you for a practice match vs the Soca Warriors B squad to see if these players do belong.

Kelvin Jack
Cyd Gray (is back from injury)  Brent Sancho -  Julius James - Avery John

Anthony Wolfe - Chris Birchall - Denzil Theobald - Collin Samuel

Cornell Glenn - Trent Noel

From there you can see upclose and introduce your self to get to know these guy more and see if they fit to fit you squad.  This will end the blacklist theory and that you can pick any player of trini passport. yes you can play the game in you MLStadium if you want  ;D

put Spann and Patterson and Hardest on that team too.

Patterson aready in Maturana's plan.  Stern John took his spot...  Hardest too soft for international football...  Yes Spann in for Trent Noel cuz, and move Wolfe up front with Glenn.

We aint deep enough for men to be losing they spot in the training squad.
I forget Sealy too, all these men should be in camp for the next few weeks fighting for spots.
 I also find if we overloaded with forwards, and some of the mids not up to par then let some them extra forwards play in the middle, we need out best players on the field.
Imagine Cornell and Stern up front, and Jones sitting behind the two strikers using his  passing ability to link the mids and forwards as an attacking mid.  Then Whitley could be more defensive, but still with the ability to go forward if the opportunity arose. 

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 24, 2008, 03:11:17 AM »

Doh take advice from here, live and die by your own decisions.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 24, 2008, 04:17:50 AM »

Leh Pacho haul he backside.. A one way ticket to Columbia Por favor
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 24, 2008, 04:21:34 AM »

one man saying is Wim fault
ah next man saying is Mats fault.
 ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 24, 2008, 04:24:35 AM »
SM u have more insight than d technical staff I email yuh training squad 2 Fuentes but I in d TTFF blacklist so it must b end up in spam

I en know you blacklisted too. lol.

Abut anyway. Let Pacho go he way!!

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 24, 2008, 04:26:11 AM »

;D

Andde kicks is,Is really jackoffasour fault

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 24, 2008, 04:31:33 AM »

;D

Andde kicks is,Is really jackoffasour fault
Austin "Jack" "Mugabe" Warner
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 24, 2008, 06:24:13 AM »
Pacho coaching like back in the day when you sub position for position, despite score, condition, etc. his decision making in terms of game management is really suspect, as per Cupid on Sunday. I don't have any faith in Maturana. Every video highlight we see men standing around not involved in the session, low energy, no sense of urgency what so ever. Men keep saying that we cannot make a judgement from the highlights but, if all the videos have a recurring theme then we can infer.

I don't know how you all look at football and all that but, bringing Stern on as a sub was a big risk. Stern normally have to get rolling in a game. But, he gamble and it work, so well done.

Whoever the Goalkeeping coach is need to be re evaluated, cause there is no way Phillips or Williams have better footwork and technique than Ince.

We need Sancho and Avery along with Cyd, cause we will need speed against the Guatemalans and Americans. Hislop, Cupid, Smith all them will get burn with speed. Our recovery like cold condense milk.

How yuh know that, yuh was at practice?  What allyuh does really be saying.  Let the coach and them coach nah!!  I hope you are an "A" license coach or something yes b/c you sure know more that all the coaches.  It is easy to be a Monday morning quarterback!!
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 24, 2008, 06:45:21 AM »
LEARN ENGLISH MATURANA!

JW paying u enough to sign up for a class in UWI.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 24, 2008, 07:06:45 AM »
A coach needs time to know his players and not to depend on opinions from others to make his selection. 

We struggle to get past Bermuda so there is a problem.

Here is one suggestion for Maturana, since he didn't have the time to know our players physical, technical, tactical and mental strength and weaknesses under game pressure situations.

he is here 6mths  is bermuda  we play so  is either he or the players and i know fuh sure it cannot be the players ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 24, 2008, 07:12:49 AM »
okay let me throw this in - I think that Maturana knows enough English to understand what people are saying, but he just decide to let us think he doesn't. A man cannot live in Trinidad for 6 months and not understand english at all and not be able to speak the language. So what happen- he walking around with a translator day and night? or he going back to Columbia every night???just ridiculous I say...

I also think the suggestion to play games of senior vs new players is excellent one...unfortunately that may show up the deficiencies in the selection of the team- so of course that won't be done...

ah well- on we go...

2010 you say?? ::)

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: June 24, 2008, 07:22:05 AM »
A coach needs time to know his players and not to depend on opinions from others to make his selection. 

Here is one suggestion for Maturana, since he didn't have the time to know our players physical, technical, tactical and mental strength and weaknesses under game pressure situations.

Invite all foreign and Local pros, have a series  of intersquad games, with the players knowing that it's a selection process so that they will give 100%

I can't understand why some of our foreign pros are not making the team, these guys are playing outside because there are something that is good about there game and Maturana needs to find that out for himself and not from other people opinions.

A foreign players is a guide for him to know that he must have a good look at those players, a local player don't get a contract abroad by guess.

What is this, an U14 scouting/trial session?  Pros don't do that man.  This is very amateurish!!! 

So why Erickson doh do that in Mexico?  It not happening.  As a coach, you know what positions you are happy with and which ones you are not.  You select players based on your observation or the observation of your entire staff.  All men calling for all kinda men to come back.  Please take men age into consideration.  It's annoying to hear all the Maturana bashing.  I not necessarily saying the man doing a great job but we cyar be Mexico neither and hurry to fire coaches all the time.  I don't believe we are in panick mode, yet.

Relax people, the coach have 2 months to institute his program.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 24, 2008, 07:36:23 AM »

O'Conn ah feel ah spanish give yuh tabanca.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 24, 2008, 07:49:47 AM »

Invite all foreign and Local pros, have a series  of intersquad games, with the players knowing that it's a selection process so that they will give 100%

I can't understand why some of our foreign pros are not making the team, these guys are playing outside because there are something that is good about there game and Maturana needs to find that out for himself and not from other people opinions.

A foreign players is a guide for him to know that he must have a good look at those players, a local player don't get a contract abroad by guess.

What is this, an U14 scouting/trial session?  Pros don't do that man.  This is very amateurish!!! 

So why Erickson doh do that in Mexico?  It not happening.  As a coach, you know what positions you are happy with and which ones you are not.  You select players based on your observation or the observation of your entire staff.  All men calling for all kinda men to come back.  Please take men age into consideration.  It's annoying to hear all the Maturana bashing.  I not necessarily saying the man doing a great job but we cyar be Mexico neither and hurry to fire coaches all the time.  I don't believe we are in panick mode, yet.

Relax people, the coach have 2 months to institute his program.
          WELL SAID

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 24, 2008, 07:54:38 AM »

I not necessarily saying the man doing a great job but we cyar be Mexico neither and hurry to fire coaches all the time.  I don't believe we are in panick mode, yet.

Relax people, the coach have 2 months to institute his program .

Should wait until we are in panic mode but that  would be to late !!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 24, 2008, 07:57:49 AM »
Who here ever play savannah football?

That football different than any other kind of football in the world.

And it could be the Queen's Park Savannah, Aranguez Savannah, or the savannah in Pinto Road Arima -- once is in Trinidad...

EVERY SPECTATOR IS A COACH

Everybody could tell the winger where to stand up, how to make a run, how he loafing, or the right technique to cross the ball.

The center link never knocking the ball enough... the sweeper always playing wild... the keeper not diving enough...

IN TRINIDAD EVERY SPECTATOR IS A COACH

Allyuh let Maturana coach nah.

Is years the man doing it and he have results to show too.

Relax, sit down, and watch.  And leave Maturana to do his job.

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 24, 2008, 07:59:58 AM »

O'Conn ah feel ah spanish give yuh tabanca.

;D

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 24, 2008, 08:01:26 AM »

And it could be the Queen's Park Savannah, Aranguez Savannah, or the savannah in Pinto Road Arima -- once is in Trinidad...

Everybody could tell the winger where to stand up, how to make a run, how he loafing, or the right technique to cross the ball.

The center link never knocking the ball enough... the sweeper always playing wild... the keeper not diving enough...

Agreed.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 24, 2008, 08:07:55 AM »

disagreed.. Leh Pacho go he way!

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 24, 2008, 08:09:33 AM »
Left dem O'connor how much ah dem was call 4 BSC head? D man in d wuk 4 6 mths and we kecth we tail 2 beat Bermuda but then again we early 4 2014
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 24, 2008, 08:11:59 AM »
Left dem O'connor how much ah dem was call 4 BSC head? D man in d wuk 4 6 mths and we kecth we tail 2 beat Bermuda but then again we early 4 2014

is true. we one targe for 2014

But imagine tho, coaches in the pass get buss throat for less shit than that.

But I en guh lie, i am still hurt about the Bermuda fiasco. And yea yeawe hadda move on.. BUT.. For hurting me, and causing me grief. Pacho hadda go.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 08:14:43 AM by oconnorg »

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 24, 2008, 08:16:18 AM »
Are our fans d only once who comments about a coach and dey selection is dis a unique Trini ting?How much peeps did feel Sven was madddddddddd 2 select Walcot 4 d WC? Let d people say that Ince betta than Williams and Phillip what is d big deal loud steupsssssssssss

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 24, 2008, 08:18:12 AM »
Are our fans d only once who comments about a coach and dey selection is dis a unique Trini ting?How much peeps did feel Sven was madddddddddd 2 select Walcot 4 d WC? Let d people say that Ince betta than Williams and Phillip what is d big deal loud steupsssssssssss

And I say, let pacho go he way.!!

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 24, 2008, 08:21:10 AM »
Exactly we cuss BSC till d cows came home dis man doin more crap but give he a chance like is a raffle we runin. Make u tink is 1 rule for foreign crap and another 4 local. Crap is crap whether it wrap ina TNT flag or a Colombian flag.

D only way d memory of d Bermudia fiasco will b removed is when D Warrior Nation charter flight landin in Johannesburg

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 24, 2008, 08:28:04 AM »

Relax, sit down, and watch.  And leave Maturana to do his job.
Recently Domenech say something about France having 60 million national team managers...However, Trinis have a funny way of feeling we unique with everything.

I go tell you where we unique though. We are the only country where the biggest spectator coach of them all, a man who never kick a lime in the botanic gardens, let alone the Savannah, could fire qualified coaches whenever it please him for doing less shite than Maturana put down in the last  6 months.
Talk to Stewart Fevrier, talk to Vranes, talk to Wim and talk to BSC about "letting the coach coach..." Some of alyuh who singing that same refrain was busy running up alyuh mouth of some of these same fellas, even on Beenie. And we keeping quiet ent stop Jack from running them.

So as the saying go "Who in the Kitchen does feel de heat" and none of we ent paying licence for we mouth. If alyuh want to stay quiet and watch Jack and dese jokers he controlling turn ALYUH national team into a table football set dat is alyuh business...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 24, 2008, 08:31:51 AM »

Relax, sit down, and watch.  And leave Maturana to do his job.
Recently Domenech say something about France having 60 million national team managers...However, Trinis have a funny way of feeling we unique with everything.

I go tell you where we unique though. We are the only country where the biggest spectator coach of them all, a man who never kick a lime in the botanic gardens, let alone the Savannah, could fire qualified coaches whenever it please him for doing less shite than Maturana put down in the last  6 months.
Talk to Stewart Fevrier, talk to Vranes, talk to Wim and talk to BSC about "letting the coach coach..." Some of alyuh who singing that same refrain was busy running up alyuh mouth of some of these same fellas, even on Beenie. And we keeping quiet ent stop Jack from running them.

So as the saying go "Who in the Kitchen does feel de heat" and none of we ent paying licence for we mouth. If alyuh want to stay quiet and watch Jack and dese jokers he controlling turn ALYUH national team into a table football set dat is alyuh business...

AMEN.. Thank u Geeeezusss!!

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

1]; } ?>