April 28, 2024, 11:00:04 PM

Author Topic: Maturana takes up senior coaching job.  (Read 147300 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Unprofessional!
« Reply #420 on: August 16, 2008, 02:10:48 AM »
No stern no scotland???  :o
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 16, 2008, 05:02:42 AM »
What de arse??!!.... :o  Wait till SM see this!!! :cursing: :cursing:
Mih eh know big Stern fan, but until somebody in de TTFF/Maturana say that Stern damn lie, he mad, he make up de story, he just vex cuz he eh get pick etc. etc.   THIS IS SOME MAJOR  :bs: :bs:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 16, 2008, 06:04:02 AM »
Stern's stance on Pacho's decision to eliminate him from the squad might be right depending on how one wants to look at it because we don't know the real reason for it,if what he is stating here is unprofessional especially where he explained how it's done at the professional level,i wonder how it's done when a Coach gives a player the captain's armband could he just give it to any one on the team to do the job?i should think that's very unprofessional,some peeps think Pacho is very petty for being upset over what these guys did but i think that's utter disrespect and any Coach would be upset with that,i've always said there are guys on there that have a i know more than the Coach attitude and i think Pacho is just letting everybody know who is in charge because at the end of the day it's his team,since this Coach came on board he has been under pressure to prove himself from the players,public etc etc peeps on here are still calling for him to go,it's not easy to come into a situation where you have to learn people's culture,language,players,incorporate your style of play/plan,the TTFF how they operate etc etc in such a short space of time,i think Anton has done quite a good job supporting him because who knows where we would be.

I think Coaches today are under a lot more pressure because there seem to be a pattern,certain things that used to be kept within the team are now being made public,players are washing there dirty laundry in public,once a player don't get called/selected he going to the newspapers/reporters/anyone he can find to highlight his case,it's something i have not seen as yet with our Women and Youth teams.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 16, 2008, 06:13:37 AM »
1 Message Received

From +8686857744, 2:07am UK:

ay stern. no need svcs 4 cuba game nxt wed.
want plyr who run fast and no stand up lol. siempre su amigo, pacho.
[/font]

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 16, 2008, 06:15:06 AM »
"They passed Theobald the armband and he said I was the most senior man and passed it to me," said John. "I didn't think (Maturana) would take it so personally.."

If Stern sees nothing wrong with what he and Theobald did with the armband, then he shud be consistent and see nothing wrong with the "unprofessional" approach of the TTFF/Maturana. In all fairness, he shud have also commented on what would have been the outcome if he had pulled the armband stunt in Britain.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 16, 2008, 06:26:07 AM »
"They passed Theobald the armband and he said I was the most senior man and passed it to me," said John. "I didn't think (Maturana) would take it so personally.."

If Stern sees nothing wrong with what he and Theobald did with the armband, then he shud be consistent and see nothing wrong with the "unprofessional" approach of the TTFF/Maturana. In all fairness, he shud have also commented on what would have been the outcome if he had pulled the armband stunt in Britain.

IF that's what is eating Maturana, well at least tell de man dat....2 professionals behaving unprofessionally.....lord help we....is really ah bunch ah chirren we dealing with yes...Hunt/Jackula and now dis....*sigh* steups....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 16, 2008, 06:27:09 AM »
1 Message Received

[/font]

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Omar yuh very idle.... ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 16, 2008, 06:34:34 AM »
Coops u drop ah man 4 givin up d armband  dat is u rite but as a coach what is d purpose of at u being discipline. U cyah learn from it if u eh know dat u being discipline. As 4 being under pressure d only peeps givin he pressure is we d bitter fans lLisana and d Fearless 1 compare 2 alll d haters with Beenie and meh man Wim.

D only baggage he have is dat he is selected by Alvin.

Somebody post Omar respond in memorable quotes
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 16, 2008, 06:39:08 AM »

IF that's what is eating Maturana, well at least tell de man dat....2 professionals behaving unprofessionally.....lord help we....is really ah bunch ah chirren we dealing with yes...Hunt/Jackula and now dis....*sigh* steups....
     You are correct but Stern is the one that's going public with his statements,we have not heard anything so far from Pacho which suppose to be the other side of the storey,some how i feel that's not the only cause for Stern not being selected because that is too petty,it's more to do with his game.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 16, 2008, 06:41:16 AM »
coops since nobody wanna say it i will..

YOU ON SHIT!

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 16, 2008, 06:50:30 AM »
This stuff aint surprising at all...but Coops...the 2 situations on diff. levels jed

the armband thing is petty compared to what they do Stern if it is true.
Yes it is a bit disrespectful to do that to the coach. Most probably Maturana was trying to use Theobald as an example and show that he not takin shit...
i still tink Maturana blow that outta proportion though.

And stern jus fed up i guess...all the shit bout the TTFF and teh WC payments...now this? and he's a proven member of the team for how long?

is one thing not to give a man like...Akile Edwards(random name), but to drop it on Stern like that...if it true......that is f'd up!!

plus d man buss d net in d last couple games??!?! steupssssssssss
overhaul needed at TTFF...damn f**kas

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 16, 2008, 06:54:26 AM »

YOU ON SHIT!
     I don't think i said anything different to what you said is just that you tried making it look like you are making a joke and i am just trying to figure out what might be going on,but i respect what you have to say as the expert on here.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 16, 2008, 06:56:42 AM »
This is where the foreign coach thing is a disadvantage. Culture is a part of football as it is a part of life.

Maturana see it as disrespect Theobald see it as an honor to give it to the most senior man. If we had a head coach who was familiar with our culture he may not have reacted in that way.

For Maturana this Guadeloupe game was a big deal for the average Trini player this was a piece of shit game to get a free trip home for the carnival.

Let get real here with what we talking bout.

You could complain all you what about what is right and what is wrong but facts is facts.

We have a laxed attitude to most things in life including who wears the armband for a fete match in the oval.

You see it from the players
You see it from the TTFF management (how many different teams we was going to play before it end up being Guadeloupe.
You see it in the fans, no body even show up for the game

And now you have a coach who trying to expect seriousness in a world surronding by jokers. The end result is Misunderstanding!

Call it want you want, You dont grow up wineing for carnival every year and then all of a sudden a man show up and ask you to only dance salsa. what you think go happen

There is no right and wrong in the world only point of View.

Stern should have never been drop.

But also Stern should not expect any kind of letter or anything because he knows how the TTFF operates.

When was the last time a player get a letter from the TTFF saying they not on the squad. Stern been around long enough to know the deal.

He just throwing stones in the media but that is fine

He will be back on the squad by the US game.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 16, 2008, 07:02:28 AM »
KND it eh have nutten 2 do wit culture a clown is a clown is ah clown and we national coach sah clown. U eh go play a man 4 mths because he hand over d captincy drop him from being captin if u want. Y d man who keep d band was allowed 2 continue playin
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 16, 2008, 07:02:35 AM »
Doe take no tie up.... Dis is the work of ANTON AND ALVIN CORNEAL....

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: August 16, 2008, 07:03:32 AM »

YOU ON SHIT!
      I don't think i said anything different to what you said is just that you tried making it look like you are making a joke and i am just trying to figure out what might be going on,but i respect what you have to say as the expert on here.

breds me eh no expert, is not like i have any kinda experience or credentials..

but you moving like ah spin doctor as usual, trying to twist the clearly unprofessional and borderline embarassing actions of the TTFF on to Stern. 

I dont know much about your history or experiences, and sometimes its really good to hear your stance especially given that it doesn't get lost in the mob mentality on here; but other times it really does seem like yuh putting forward an agenda. Better dan dat nuh man.

Plain and simple thats not the way to treat your heroes. Stern deserves much better than that.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 16, 2008, 07:04:11 AM »

Good point!!

Imagine if Roy Keene give Carlos Edwards de armband for a game and in de tunnel, he just hand it to Yorke and tell him that he is the most senior.

There are always three sides to every story........and i will be patient!!

ah love it!!

nb: Lisana strikes again!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 16, 2008, 07:05:18 AM »
This is where the foreign coach thing is a disadvantage. Culture is a part of football as it is a part of life.

Maturana see it as disrespect Theobald see it as an honor to give it to the most senior man. If we had a head coach who was familiar with our culture he may not have reacted in that way.

For Maturana this Guadeloupe game was a big deal for the average Trini player this was a piece of shit game to get a free trip home for the carnival.

Let get real here with what we talking bout.

You could complain all you what about what is right and what is wrong but facts is facts.

We have a laxed attitude to most things in life including who wears the armband for a fete match in the oval.

You see it from the players
You see it from the TTFF management (how many different teams we was going to play before it end up being Guadeloupe.
You see it in the fans, no body even show up for the game

And now you have a coach who trying to expect seriousness in a world surronding by jokers. The end result is Misunderstanding!

Call it want you want, You dont grow up wineing for carnival every year and then all of a sudden a man show up and ask you to only dance salsa. what you think go happen

There is no right and wrong in the world only point of View.

Stern should have never been drop.

But also Stern should not expect any kind of letter or anything because he knows how the TTFF operates.

When was the last time a player get a letter from the TTFF saying they not on the squad. Stern been around long enough to know the deal.

He just throwing stones in the media but that is fine

He will be back on the squad by the US game.

When has Stern ever not been selected when fully fit?

I can't recall any situation, this is indeed very new to him
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 16, 2008, 07:08:10 AM »

......and because of him we have at least one side of the story....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 16, 2008, 07:11:10 AM »
KND it eh have nutten 2 do wit culture a clown is a clown is ah clown and we national coach sah clown. U eh go play a man 4 mths because he hand over d captincy drop him from being captin if u want. Y d man who keep d band was allowed 2 continue playin
       I think this should tell us something Weary,may be it's not the armband it's his playing.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 16, 2008, 07:12:25 AM »

Good point!!

Imagine if Roy Keene give Carlos Edwards de armband for a game and in de tunnel, he just hand it to Yorke and tell him that he is the most senior.

There are always three sides to every story........and i will be patient!!

ah love it!!

then shouldnnt theobald be the one 2 feel the wrath of the manager
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 16, 2008, 07:20:56 AM »
I agree dat d man eh settin d world a fire and if he eh playin because he is a hound I could live wit dat but it eh have no way 2 spin d armband ting

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 16, 2008, 07:34:28 AM »
1 Message Received

[/font]

Ah now wake up and ah fall off meh bed with this one.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ah tell alyuh they go beat SJ. LOL People does forget that thee coach ent know how to speak English, so it go be kinda hard to call up ah man or even sent him ah proper pink slip. I believe that its just a communication problem...I could help them with that...just look at thee bottom ah meh page. ;D Ah have ah phone weh yuh could see people so yuh could read lips and hand signals it works by high speed internet. So yuh could geh thee idea by video. We at least need him on thee bench…he still serviceable. :)

Oh yeah and as fuh Pascho or wha ever he name is...some people are stuck in their  ways. We know of some ah them one ah them in yuh family. :o The only way they know of getting a message across is by being stubborn and that might have been a result of why Theobald geh ah four month ban. We can only assume what really going with that team none of us really know what going on. Stay tuned!

« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 07:55:17 AM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 16, 2008, 07:40:53 AM »
There is no right or wrong in the world only a point of view.
 PLease- You cant be serious. A hungry man comes to your home and eats all your food. Rape your wife as he views her as tasty and there is no right or wrong. A man enters your home and place a gun to your head and says KND drop your pants- I guess that's just a point of view.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 16, 2008, 07:54:19 AM »

YOU ON SHIT!
[/b]
Not on it only , he manufacturing it. In my heart of hearts is either Coops is the biggest brownnose looking for wuk or he just simply naive. Imagine this man play at national level and coming here with this BS.  Coops boy go somewhere else to sell your BS because no one buying it here. Maturana is an asshole and is highly unprofessinal and should be run out of town with extreme urgency. If JW planted you on this board to for PR purposes it aint working.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 16, 2008, 07:57:07 AM »
All this talk about different points of view and why he get drop is chupidness.

Bottom line: Stern deserves more than a f@cking text.  

Hate him nor love him, he's one of our TNT footballing heros.  The man deserve more than that.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 16, 2008, 07:59:36 AM »
Well is d 21st C so u no longer fire by fax is text in Coops time it was via smoke signal.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 16, 2008, 08:03:17 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

yuh cyar text ah man and tell him that especially if he now score in the last 2 competitive games
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 16, 2008, 08:20:24 AM »
U cyah text a man period

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 16, 2008, 08:28:27 AM »
Is it possible that  Maturana is attempting to instill a form of DISCIPLINE  in our approach, our attitude and our perspective to the game?

Not knowing the reasons for Stern's omission leaves too much room for speculation and accusations based on uninformed contextual  knowledge.

Question: Is it up to the coach to inform the player or is that  the manager's portfolio?

It appears that if the coach is in fact attempting to instill a form of discipline and professionalism to how we conduct business, then it must also be done at all levels of the organization.

Iknow there is no obligation for the public to know the reasons but until there is more transperency and disclosure all we doing is speculating.
My humble opinions
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 08:38:17 AM by AB.Trini »

1]; } ?>