April 28, 2024, 02:27:00 PM

Author Topic: Maturana takes up senior coaching job.  (Read 147233 times)

truetrini

Re: Stern slams Maturana's management.
« Reply #450 on: August 16, 2008, 08:41:00 AM »
what is so surprising about this?  Really?

When Bertille was the coach, he find out Beenie replace he on de radio.

lol

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 16, 2008, 09:02:16 AM »

lol

Fuh real
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 16, 2008, 09:13:24 AM »

lol

:rotfl:

see, at least stern get a text :rotfl:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 16, 2008, 09:17:48 AM »
when you bad talk Pacho in Public we ent seeing Stern for the rest of the campaign...just ask Guerra
unless Yorke tell Jack to bring him back

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 16, 2008, 09:21:37 AM »
Stern international career eh done.  Maturana probably believe we could beat Cuba without him.  He go bring in Stern for bigger games.  Stern have to work hard as Cornell Glenn doing well and when KJ come back, we go have a good selection problem in de future.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 16, 2008, 09:26:58 AM »
You dont need to bring culture into this arguement,the fact is Maturana asked Densil to captain the team and Densil in turn gave the captaincy to Stern,if that is not undermining you as coach then tell me what that is.It still doesn't alter the fact that we are playing without one of our most experienced forwards but we have very good replacements for this match.I personally feel that we are playing the right front men for this Cuba match  and John is sure to be back.I still cannot believe that John was left out for that reason coz he played for TT after that,if Glen and Roberts put on a good show Stern would find it hard to get back that spot.Wouldn't it be a good idea for Stern to send Maturana a fax saying that he is sorry if what happened showed any disrespect to him because it was never meant to be disrespect.When our Prime MINISTER leaves the country he gives the job to someone while he is away,how do you think he would feel if that someone gives the job to another without consulting him.Regardless of what match you play you should not undermine yuh boss or seem to have done so.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 16, 2008, 09:34:02 AM »
Fax 4 what d coach ever talk 2 Stern bout d issue. What he go say in d fax ah read in Fuentes press release dat Denzil eh play 4 nuff months because he give me d armband Ash Wed. If that is d case can we discuss what happen.

Y D Coach did not address d matter Ash Wed after d game is ah set ah lil boi ting
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Unprofessional!
« Reply #457 on: August 16, 2008, 10:12:43 AM »
Doe take no tie up.... Dis is the work of ANTON AND ALVIN CORNEAL....

Thnak u very effing much, ah reading thru all de post dem and waiting for somebody to hit the effing nail on de head!!!!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 16, 2008, 10:37:47 AM »
So leh we examine dis situation:

Stern get drop from de team.

De team was officially announced on Thursday so dat is de absolute latest dat de decision to drop Stern could have taken place

We did play El Salvador on Thursday too.  So leh we say de team got selected on Wednesday.

TTFF have to contact Stern re: the dropping.  Dis is an organisation that cannot organise a fork in a ho house

No surprise dey.  

BUT

So many tings could have gone on.  They could have tried to contact Stern by phone, left messages dat perhaps weren't picked up, sent an email that could have been caught in a spam filter.  

Is that likely given it's the TTFF?  No.  But is a possibility.  One thing we know for sure, nobody from TTFF was goin to fly to England to personally give him de news.  

So while Stern might be correct re: the lack of professionalism, what would have been the correct or appropriate means of communicating that his services were not required for the Cuba game IF they had tried and failed to contact him by phone?

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 16, 2008, 10:40:00 AM »
palos when they want them men they does contact the club

they could've done that
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 16, 2008, 10:53:23 AM »
Correck Morvant dey contact d club 2 get him so contact d club if u eh want him.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 16, 2008, 12:06:17 PM »
TTFF have to contact Stern re: the dropping.  Dis is an organisation that cannot organise a fork in a ho house

What bout Spoons?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 16, 2008, 12:09:46 PM »
Another memorable 1 dey midnight

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 16, 2008, 12:19:41 PM »
palos when they want them men they does contact the club

they could've done that

So de club would contact Stern and say....aye Stern....TTFF say dey eh need yuh fuh de Cuba game again.

If I was Stern, I woulda wonder why dem couldn't contact me deyself.  Why dey gettin de club to do dem dutty wuk fuh dem. 

But daz jes me.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 16, 2008, 12:46:54 PM »
I can see what yuh saying Weary69 but for de good of Trinidad Stern could pretend dat he not sure and use ah lil bit ah psychology,yuh know how badly I want TT TO GO AFRICA.SOMETIME YUH HAVE TO STOOP TO CONQUER.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: August 16, 2008, 12:53:59 PM »
"They passed Theobald the armband and he said I was the most senior man and passed it to me," said John. "I didn't think (Maturana) would take it so personally.."

If Stern sees nothing wrong with what he and Theobald did with the armband, then he shud be consistent and see nothing wrong with the "unprofessional" approach of the TTFF/Maturana. In all fairness, he shud have also commented on what would have been the outcome if he had pulled the armband stunt in Britain.

Good point!!

Imagine if Roy Keene give Carlos Edwards de armband for a game and in de tunnel, he just hand it to Yorke and tell him that he is the most senior.

There are always three sides to every story........and i will be patient!!

ah love it!!

nb: Lisana strikes again!!

I agree that Lasana was slightly less than impartial here in how he spun this story.  That said, I don't see what the arm band thing have to do with anything.  That was Theobald's error and he paid for it... I'd really be surprised and disappointed if this is some residual grudge that is being visited on Stern here.

Absent of more, I'm with holding judgment... but regardless, the manner of communication is poor.

truetrini

« Reply #466 on: August 16, 2008, 01:06:16 PM »
So leh we examine dis situation:

Stern get drop from de team.

De team was officially announced on Thursday so dat is de absolute latest dat de decision to drop Stern could have taken place

We did play El Salvador on Thursday too.  So leh we say de team got selected on Wednesday.

TTFF have to contact Stern re: the dropping.  Dis is an organisation that cannot organise a fork in a ho house

No surprise dey.  

BUT

So many tings could have gone on.  They could have tried to contact Stern by phone, left messages dat perhaps weren't picked up, sent an email that could have been caught in a spam filter.  

Is that likely given it's the TTFF?  No.  But is a possibility.  One thing we know for sure, nobody from TTFF was goin to fly to England to personally give him de news.  

So while Stern might be correct re: the lack of professionalism, what would have been the correct or appropriate means of communicating that his services were not required for the Cuba game IF they had tried and failed to contact him by phone?

So they contacted his manager by fax to ask for him, the very least the f**kers could do is send ah fax to he manager saying we withdrawing de request for Stern.

steups.

"I don't mind being left out (because) that is part of the game," John told the Express. "But the way they handled it was completely unprofessional. They sent a fax out to my manager a week and a half ago saying they wanted me and then someone sent me a text a couple nights ago saying they didn't want me to come back.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 16, 2008, 03:52:21 PM »
Stern slams Maturana's management.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).

Unprofessional !

Southampton FC striker and Trinidad and Tobago's all-time record scorer Stern John yesterday slammed the unprofessional approach of the present national coaching staff after being left out the team without any official explanation.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) contacted Southampton, an English Championship Division club, early this month to request John's services for their 2010 World Cup qualifying fixture away to Cuba on August 20. However, John was stunned to receive a text message during the week from someone within the T&TFF-but not a member of the coaching staff-who said that national coach Francisco Maturana did not want him.

The prolific striker, whose international tally of 69 goals is sixth best of any striker who played the game and more than double the returns of any compatriot, got confirmation of his omission by the media rather than the T&TFF.

"I don't mind being left out (because) that is part of the game," John told the Express. "But the way they handled it was completely unprofessional. They sent a fax out to my manager a week and a half ago saying they wanted me and then someone sent me a text a couple nights ago saying they didn't want me to come back.

"They haven't told me anything yet Not even a phone call or a text or an email just to say 'Stern, this is the situation'.

"After all the years I served my country with honour, it is just about respect."

Neither Maturana nor the T&TFF explained John's exclusion for the Cuba qualifier. John scored the lone goal in a 2-1 qualifying home loss to Bermuda in June but was shocked to lose his starting position for the return leg. John came off the bench to grab the decisive goal as the "Soca Warriors" overcame Bermuda 2-0 and advanced on goal aggregate.

It was John's first taste of the man-management style of the present coaching staff and he was less than impressed. At present, David Muhammad holds the post of team manager, which usually includes the responsibility of ensuring the national players' well-being.

"They have no clue about player management," said the 31-year-old John. "(In Britain) once you are a senior player, the manager pulls you aside a couple days before (the game) and says I am going to leave you out this weekend or I am going to start you on the bench. This is how we are accustomed to things being done in the professional world

"It is embarrassing for a senior player to be treated like this."

John and Maturana, a two-time World Cup coach with his native Colombia, got off to a bad start in the latter's first game in charge against Guadeloupe in February.

The coach asked Densill Theobald to captain the team but, before kick off, the midfielder passed the armband to his 2006 World Cup teammate. Both players were substituted at halftime and Maturana dropped Theobald for five months for not following his instructions.

John insisted that neither he nor Theobald meant to disrespect the coach and too much was made of the episode.

"They passed Theobald the armband and he said I was the most senior man and passed it to me," said John. "I didn't think (Maturana) would take it so personally.."

He accepts that his services may no longer be required although he is not yet ready to retire from the international game.

"I had a fantastic career for Trinidad and Tobago," said John, "and going to the World Cup was a dream come through.

"Marvin (Andrews) and I were talking about it recently because we were there from under-16 when there was no travelling (allowance) or free boots. All we would get was a box lunch to play for your country. But to get to the World Cup was worth the sacrifice.

"I was one of the players who, whenever he got called up, was always there no matter what the situation. I always put my country first.

"If it ends here, I will obviously be disappointed but I had a fantastic career and I enjoyed every minute of it If I have taken my country as far as I can, then so be it."

Bowl eight fuh all ah dem

Whether T&T qualify fuh 2010 (best of luck T&T) under Maturana yes or no. I will say dis and stick tuh meh words, let Maturana and comapany hul dey stinking rotten MC. KROSS, CLICK-CLICK.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 16, 2008, 05:07:58 PM »
Thanks SUPA...yuh save meh some typing dey
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 16, 2008, 05:13:17 PM »
1 Message Received

From +8686857744, 2:07am UK:

ay stern. no need svcs 4 cuba game nxt wed.
want plyr who run fast and no stand up lol. siempre su amigo, pacho.
[/font]

I now see dis oui  :rotfl:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 16, 2008, 05:39:47 PM »
Wrong is wrong and to deal with a player who give us so many years ah service is wrong....I eh have no big problem with he gettin drop..everybody time does pass eventually; but ah textg message?? Nah man daiy real slackness....and dat real embarassing to drop a veteran in that manner....wonder wah effect dis fiasco havin on the rest of the team tryin to mentally prepare for Cuba...dis could be a little unsettling..hope we keep it together.
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 16, 2008, 06:00:58 PM »
if Trinidad lose to cuba especially for not scoring goals you think Maturana feeling pressure now?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 16, 2008, 06:13:45 PM »
Oneof the younger players who was on the team for the Ash Wednesday game say is Stern who tell Bleeder that he (Stern) is the most senior player on the team and to run the arm band. Bleeder say ok if you want it so bad take it.

At the same time that cannot be a reason 5 months later for dropping a player after he play in games after that incident. Man up and tell the player he to disruptive. Let hope the technical staff doh have to eat their vomit.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #473 on: August 16, 2008, 07:40:22 PM »
Oneof the younger players who was on the team for the Ash Wednesday game say is Stern who tell Bleeder that he (Stern) is the most senior player on the team and to run the arm band. Bleeder say ok if you want it so bad take it.

Clearly the communication between some players and the technical staff is poor...maybe an indication that the relationship between them is also poor.  Just wondering if Stern tried to call the manager before he called Liburd or if this is a way of saying there is bad blood between them and asking people to pick sides.  After this article what really supposed to happen now?  Can't see  the relationship improving unless is a Najar situation lining up again.  Hope they let the technical staff know they don't like the lack of communication when their team mates were dropped in the past without the same courtesy they asking for.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 16, 2008, 08:48:56 PM »
Well he obviously have d man in low esteem so he eh expectin dat by call Liburd he and d dentist go b pitchin marbles and climbing trees. So Stern demand d armband and Denzil get band. SO another reason y d clown should a just deal wit d issue after d stellar display on Ash Wed and dis would have been a mute pt

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 16, 2008, 09:10:41 PM »
Stern has been and will always be a disruptive player. Remember the situation between he and Glen before the world cup ????
Pacho new so he now find this out. And he ent go take Stern side like the other coaches/JW yes men. How many coaches before had the balls to drop Stern. Just what he needed and it worked before in the final games in qualifying for 2006.

Let we hope this have the same effect and really motivate him to produce.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 16, 2008, 09:48:54 PM »
No rasta I eh remember remind meh nah? Dat being said anybody could get drop but u go like a text from yuh employer tellin u doh bother come in today/tmorrow/next wk/next mth. Same ting is like breakin up wit a gyul via text message she go save dat and circulate it 2 all yuh friends and say he eh have d balls 2 tell meh 2 may face we done

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 16, 2008, 10:27:25 PM »
Ok well the text part I not going to argue that but it was reported here before the world cup that he Stern did not want to play alongside Glen. At that time he had the backing of the technical staff so Glen was getting salt in the lead up to the World Cup. It was only at the World Cup that Glen got playing time alongside Stern. The story was given here by #8(poster's name) Claims to be a close personal friend of Glen and was giving it to us live from inside the camp. The had a few team meetings to try to get the situation sorted. Stern BIG and he does pull rank on everybody.

That being said, I am not making excuses for the text. But hey them men was in USA getting ready to play the game, after comming straight from Hati, so who was really to call ???

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 17, 2008, 09:00:28 AM »
Ok well the text part I not going to argue that but it was reported here before the world cup that he Stern did not want to play alongside Glen. At that time he had the backing of the technical staff so Glen was getting salt in the lead up to the World Cup. It was only at the World Cup that Glen got playing time alongside Stern. The story was given here by #8(poster's name) Claims to be a close personal friend of Glen and was giving it to us live from inside the camp. The had a few team meetings to try to get the situation sorted. Stern BIG and he does pull rank on everybody.

That being said, I am not making excuses for the text. But hey them men was in USA getting ready to play the game, after comming straight from Hati, so who was really to call ???
Ratsaman  , don't mind WEARY 1969, she have an axe to grind and she doing her job well. there's absolutely nothing you could say about the coaching staff that's remotely positive or complementary that she would respond favorably too, even if they took the team to SA 2010 in the first round of play, she would still find fault.

If i was you i would leave every body to moan and groan, BC last yr we didn't have nobody but bleeder , then we got ince , carlos, stern and lawrence,they still moan and groan, then we get KJ & whitley, boom they still moan and groan where scotty, then we get scotty, they still moan and groan where's me mum, boom we get GLENN,

well where's cyd, me mum and avery , boom we get all three ah dem, then dey moan and groan, how come scotty eh getting picked. now we have the whole WC team with the exception of sancho , andrews, and jack.

and they're still moaning and groaning instead of being thankfull , knowing fully well is ah dictator that's running the show, and God alone know's why he choose to ease up the WC players ah little, and God alone know's for what reason!! whether it's for his own benefit or otherwise.

So i say ALLYUH better thank God for small mercies !! instead of complaining bout things we definitely can't change.                                            POSITIVE.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 10:20:20 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 17, 2008, 12:23:34 PM »
coops since nobody wanna say it i will..

YOU ON SHIT!
[/b]
Not on it only , he manufacturing it. In my heart of hearts is either Coops is the biggest brownnose looking for wuk or he just simply naive. Imagine this man play at national level and coming here with this BS.  Coops boy go somewhere else to sell your BS because no one buying it here. Maturana is an asshole and is highly unprofessinal and should be run out of town with extreme urgency. If JW planted you on this board to for PR purposes it aint working.

I agree with Coops as opposed to the other emotional utterances!!

1]; } ?>