April 27, 2024, 02:51:47 AM

Author Topic: Maturana takes up senior coaching job.  (Read 147090 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana must face the music
« Reply #720 on: April 03, 2009, 08:20:14 AM »
At the other flank, Maturana persists with Defence Force player Aklie Edwards although the regiment team clearly consider his namesake, Michael Edwards, to be the better defender-Defence Force coach Kerry Jamerson used Edwards (M) at left back and Edwards (A) at left wing back last season.

I a little confused here.  What's the difference between left back and left wing back?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: April 03, 2009, 08:27:17 AM »
At the other flank, Maturana persists with Defence Force player Aklie Edwards although the regiment team clearly consider his namesake, Michael Edwards, to be the better defender-Defence Force coach Kerry Jamerson used Edwards (M) at left back and Edwards (A) at left wing back last season.

I a little confused here.  What's the difference between left back and left wing back?

I assuming dat he means a left wing...and a left back. a wingback is a left back....but overlaps. buh....edwards cyar afford to overlap with keon on dat flank..cuz dahs zero help. In one of the training videos in Nashville....i saw a part where edwards was pushing up in the scrimmage.....now...it seeming more plausible.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: April 03, 2009, 08:41:02 AM »

I assuming dat he means a left wing...and a left back. a wingback is a left back....but overlaps. buh....edwards cyar afford to overlap with keon on dat flank..cuz dahs zero help. In one of the training videos in Nashville....i saw a part where edwards was pushing up in the scrimmage.....now...it seeming more plausible.
        What is it you really trying to say?don't make this thing more complicated than it really is nah,in other words forget the assumption.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: April 03, 2009, 08:43:25 AM »

What is it you really trying to say?don't make this thing more complicated than it really is nah,in other words forget the assumption.

Well i assuming defense force employs two persons named edwards on de left.....with different roles. One with more defensive responsibilities than the other. And.....seems like somebody get tie up with who doing what.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: April 03, 2009, 08:51:05 AM »

Well i assuming defense force employs two persons named edwards on de left.....with different roles. One with more defensive responsibilities than the other. And.....seems like somebody get tie up with who doing what.
        Thanks  :beermug:

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #725 on: April 03, 2009, 09:02:21 AM »

Men does use full back and wing back interchangeably on here, but me eh want to correct nobody. But as far as I understand, a wing back is a more advanced player in a defensive 5-3-2/3-5-2 system. They play further up the field more like a left wing but fall back in defence alongside 3 centre backs. Halfway between full back and winger, hence: wing back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defender_(football)#Wingback

« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 09:10:15 AM by Gillie Face »

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: April 03, 2009, 09:07:39 AM »
Even under Wim with only home-grown players, we played much better, were very organized and looked to be getting better with every game.  We played respectable in the GC.  With all these foreign-based players, we have no structure, no fight.  But then Wim play the fool.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 03, 2009, 09:22:48 AM »

Men does use full back and wing back interchangeably on here, but me eh want to correct nobody. But as far as I understand, a wing back is a more advanced player in a defensive 5-3-2/3-5-2 system. They play further up the field more like a left wing but fall back in defence alongside 3 centre backs. Halfway between full back and winger, hence: wing back.

Those wing backs would need to be real real fit, to play in that 3-5-2 system.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 03, 2009, 09:27:03 AM »

Buh ent people was vex when he try de 3-5-2?

Allyuh hadda understand...we cyar get everyting.
We play 2 strikers..de midfield thin..
We play 3-5-2...de wingers eh using the width and is comess in de defense.
We play 4-5-1......dat eh how we does play...we need two strikers.....

It like rock paper scissors. Allyuh hadda understand dat. Personally...i would go with a 4-5-1.....with men who go run until dey have blood in dey socks on de wing. Buh...dahs jus me..ize a armchair coach.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF Info: April 9th de day for Maturana.
« Reply #729 on: April 03, 2009, 09:31:16 AM »
All but Latas on de block  ;D.....Next up Latas as head coach :beermug:

yuh know as ah big Latas supporter....now me eh want Latas as no head coach. I want somebody new (and foreign)man, ah feel it go be more of de same wid Latas, men who eh have no right to be playing international football go still be pulling on the national team jersey, ah cyah take no more ah dat man!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: April 9, D-day for Maturana
« Reply #730 on: April 03, 2009, 09:39:59 AM »
why we waiting so long .yuh see mexico act immediately
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: April 03, 2009, 09:47:44 AM »
fenwick does only win with jabloteh. ent when he did leave jabloteh and gone to take up some 2nd division english team he get fired after a couple months and end up right back at jabloteh. he is a trinidad pro league coach
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #732 on: April 03, 2009, 09:58:14 AM »
i honestly dont think he will bring a brand of football better than maturana, maturana was a decent coach against latin countries, his short passing style is exactly what we needed
Double U. Tee. Eff.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: April 03, 2009, 10:12:05 AM »
Why wait sooooooooo long  ???. Fire him now  >:(

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: April 03, 2009, 10:13:58 AM »

Buh ent people was vex when he try de 3-5-2?

Allyuh hadda understand...we cyar get everyting.
We play 2 strikers..de midfield thin..
We play 3-5-2...de wingers eh using the width and is comess in de defense.
We play 4-5-1......dat eh how we does play...we need two strikers.....

It like rock paper scissors. Allyuh hadda understand dat. Personally...i would go with a 4-5-1.....with men who go run until dey have blood in dey socks on de wing. Buh...dahs jus me..ize a armchair coach.
       :applause: :applause: :applause: i like you,doh worry with them,armchair Coaches do make sense too (common sense).

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: April 03, 2009, 10:17:23 AM »

Can you say Bosingwa, Roberto Carlos, etc.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: April 03, 2009, 10:28:22 AM »
Lord ah need to stay away from this site today.....however, just heard on I95.5fm that TTFF has brought their meeting forward by one day and Terry Fenwick was on record as saying he is interested in the job....stay tuned....ok ah not posting again for the rest of the day.....(I hope.. ;D)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: April 03, 2009, 10:33:41 AM »
Whoever we hire, be it Fenwick, Lata's, SH......or flippin Sven (as he out ah wuk), as long as dey show that some thought has been put into our squad selection, starting XI, tactics and they get a bit more effort out of our players, I will support them. Afroman has always given me the impression that he dosen't genuinely believe we have a chance of qualifying, and also thinks Trinbagonians are just a bunch of happy go lucky people who have ah "Oh Well!" mentality to failure. He just not serious enough, He is just going through the motions of being a coach with us. If he was serious I can't imagine some of the things he been doing would have happened.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: April 03, 2009, 10:46:35 AM »
Lord ah need to stay away from this site today.....however, just heard on I95.5fm that TTFF has brought their meeting forward by one day and Terry Fenwick was on record as saying he is interested in the job....stay tuned....ok ah not posting again for the rest of the day.....(I hope.. ;D)

Terry Fenwick been camapignin fuh de wuk since Porterfield days.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: April 03, 2009, 10:50:13 AM »

But you real bold face to just ups and just stop posting just so  ;D
I for one like to read what you have to say.
so please don't stop.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: April 03, 2009, 10:55:02 AM »
i would go with a 4-5-1.....with men who go run until dey have blood in dey socks on de wing. Buh...dahs jus me..ize a armchair coach.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I pity the fool....

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: April 03, 2009, 11:10:00 AM »
STOREBOY..plz explain how "WIM Play de fool"
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: April 03, 2009, 11:18:44 AM »
Good article Lasana... harsh, but tempered at the same time.  Very good.

The Escobar reference was unfortunate though... that could have been left alone.

(unlikely that something like that would ever happen... but you never know, no need to give anyone ideas.)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: April 03, 2009, 11:20:09 AM »
thanks Rodney...yuh save meh some typing dey..plus curry fish on mehh fingers too...thanks
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: April 03, 2009, 11:32:25 AM »
Whoever we hire, be it Fenwick, Lata's, SH......or flippin Sven (as he out ah wuk), as long as dey show that some thought has been put into our squad selection, starting XI, tactics and they get a bit more effort out of our players, I will support them. Afroman has always given me the impression that he dosen't genuinely believe we have a chance of qualifying, and also thinks Trinbagonians are just a bunch of happy go lucky people who have ah "Oh Well!" mentality to failure. He just not serious enough, He is just going through the motions of being a coach with us. If he was serious I can't imagine some of the things he been doing would have happened.

No curry but I go cosign
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: April 03, 2009, 11:37:10 AM »
incite
–verb (used with object), -cit⋅ed, -cit⋅ing.
to stir, encourage, or urge on; stimulate or prompt to action: to incite a crowd to riot.

:whistling: :whistling:
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: April 03, 2009, 11:49:26 AM »
STOREBOY..plz explain how "WIM Play de fool"

Sarcasm • noun the use of irony to mock or convey contempt
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: April 03, 2009, 11:50:58 AM »
When Fenwick win the CONCACAF champions League then he could talk. Till then he need to handle Jabloteh business. Also Fenwick and some of the foreign pros ain't go blend well.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: April 03, 2009, 12:00:16 PM »
Is already a circus wit Fenick it go b a 3 ring circus

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 03, 2009, 01:01:29 PM »
Does anybody have any suggestions about which quality coach is available for the job???

1]; } ?>