April 19, 2024, 04:55:51 PM

Author Topic: Maturana takes up senior coaching job.  (Read 146642 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: April 9, D-day for Maturana
« Reply #870 on: April 06, 2009, 07:43:05 PM »
We know friendism involve but Latas as JC say Latas eh daft enough 2 pay Wolfe in dat position.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: April 9, D-day for Maturana
« Reply #871 on: April 06, 2009, 08:09:59 PM »
Dont believe Latas runnin things. On Wednesday he was warming up to come on and stopped then was consulting with Mats and all of a sudden Scotland jump up off the bench and started warming up and eventually came on  as the third sub.....apparently Mats had the say so, or so it appeared.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana...fired NOW?
« Reply #872 on: April 06, 2009, 08:26:39 PM »
Sounds like a lynching to me.

De fact dat Patriot want ONE person to TRY AND MAKE IT APPEAR BALANCED come straight outta de Klu Klux Klan playbook.  Kangaroo Court if there ever was one.  ;D

Doh worry bout de hypocrisy nah Patriot....jes lynch and get it over wit nah man!.. 8)

By de way....ah would like a HONEST answer from yuh on dis one breddrin.

Were you willing to fire him after de 3-1 victory in Cuba?

Remember...ah say HONEST!  De TRUTH, De WHOLE TRUTH, and NUTTING BUT DE TRUTH...so help you whoever or whatever yuh believe in.

Thanx  ;D

Nope, he was able to get the result at that time

I have always been an advocacy over the years that we so called natural brand of football never really get us anywhere

The quality of the play on the field has been poor but we have been getting results so i was giving him his just due.

But what is happening now is that other teams are simply smothering our strengths and exploiting our weaknesses

We don't have the quality and depth in certain positions and it showing us up badly at this time around.

We've played 10 games so far in qualifying, how many of those games we kept clean sheets? I recall 3 out of 10. Dat ratio not going to get us anywhere above 4th place and it's going to be a fight for that too.

When champions can't score, they keep clean sheets, i just not seeing the preparation in terms of tactics and selection team selections to keep the ball out of our net and that is the responsibility of the Coaching staff

When Beenhakker started with the national team, he immediately went about coaching up our back line. His policy was zero mistakes and keep possession and the other team will not be able to score. He knew what was required. I not seeing that from Maturana in terms of the preparation. 
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: April 06, 2009, 08:33:03 PM »

De fact dat Patriot want ONE person to TRY AND MAKE IT APPEAR BALANCED come straight outta de Klu Klux Klan playbook.  Kangaroo Court if there ever was one.  ;D

Doh worry bout de hypocrisy nah Patriot....jes lynch and get it over wit nah man!.. 8)

Remember...ah say HONEST!  De TRUTH, De WHOLE TRUTH, and NUTTING BUT DE TRUTH...so help you whoever or whatever yuh believe in.

Thanx  ;D

HONESTLY? I STILL insisted Mats should go, because while the 3-1 victory was good for us, we were STILL conceding goals from dead ball situations, and using a conservative 4-5-1 despite our abundance of IN-FORMstrikers. I was pleasantly surprised that we achieved the victory withOUT the BEST players being selected tho! And as far as i was concerned EVEN the 2-1 victory over the US was achieved because it marked the return of Latas, who AGAIN provided the "VIBES IT UP" momentum both then and in the preceding 1st 1/2 against Guatemala away. I supported the TEAM, but never the Coach because I simply don't have faith in him, because I do NOT understand WHAT he is doing... after over a year and God Knows how many players of experimentation he STILL does NOT have a settled starting 11, and for reasons best known to himself he has a left-winger playing at left-back and now a striker at Right-back.. at the end of the day Akiel and Wolfe did NOT pick themselves to play dem positions..and you want me to support THAT??? Look at TWO events in the 2nd 1/2 of the Nashville game - IMMEDIATELY AFTER Jason Scotland entered the field... check and see what happened at EXACTLY that point... here's a hint it involves a "conversation" between Scotland and Stern... and secondly the 3rd US goal... they DELIBERATELY set up the goal for Altidore... so he could get he hat-trick... all 3 US players were alone in the area with Ince at their mercy and gave Jozy the shot... dem men was embarassing we man... and you doh expect meh to be DAMN VEX!!! You wanted honesty... thais as honest an answer as I can give. Didn't appreciate the Klu klux Klan analogy edduh... buh ah know how yuh have a twisted sense of humor ent?  :devil:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: April 06, 2009, 08:58:47 PM »
Palos the man clueless dread!! give it up! sven just won ah game 2-0 and got fired the very next game BC he loss away tuh honduras.

the coach got many chances and he pooped! how many chances should he get before we realize he's garbage?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: April 06, 2009, 09:09:47 PM »
Forumites I have been invited by Joel Villafana to be part of a Panel discussion on whether or not Maturana should be fired NOW (ie at THIS point of the campaign). He has asked me to get 4-5 other fans to  be part of the panel. We are looking at having the interview taped either Tuesday (tomorrow) or Wednesday at TV6 Studio... anyone who's interested send me a PM with your contact info cell/e-mail/Posting Name/Real name...nice opportunty to get our voices heard... would be good to have ONE person who actually supports KEEPING him, PURELY FOR BALANCE... for MY part he would have been fired since the 2-1 loss to Bermuda last June!

KEEP WHO ? HAHAHAHA  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: April 06, 2009, 09:54:23 PM »

Thanx  ;D

Nope, he was able to get the result at that time

I have always been an advocacy over the years that we so called natural brand of football never really get us anywhere

The quality of the play on the field has been poor but we have been getting results so i was giving him his just due.

But what is happening now is that other teams are simply smothering our strengths and exploiting our weaknesses

We don't have the quality and depth in certain positions and it showing us up badly at this time around.

We've played 10 games so far in qualifying, how many of those games we kept clean sheets? I recall 3 out of 10. Dat ratio not going to get us anywhere above 4th place and it's going to be a fight for that too.

When champions can't score, they keep clean sheets, i just not seeing the preparation in terms of tactics and selection team selections to keep the ball out of our net and that is the responsibility of the Coaching staff

When Beenhakker started with the national team, he immediately went about coaching up our back line. His policy was zero mistakes and keep possession and the other team will not be able to score. He knew what was required. I not seeing that from Maturana in terms of the preparation. 

Fair enough g.   :beermug:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: April 06, 2009, 09:56:58 PM »
NO PLANNNNNNNNNNNNNN
NO BRANANDDDDDDDDDDD
NO DURHAMMMMMMMMMM
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: April 06, 2009, 10:11:43 PM »
HONESTLY? I STILL insisted Mats should go, because while the 3-1 victory was good for us, we were STILL conceding goals from dead ball situations, and using a conservative 4-5-1 despite our abundance of IN-FORMstrikers. I was pleasantly surprised that we achieved the victory withOUT the BEST players being selected tho! And as far as i was concerned EVEN the 2-1 victory over the US was achieved because it marked the return of Latas, who AGAIN provided the "VIBES IT UP" momentum both then and in the preceding 1st 1/2 against Guatemala away. I supported the TEAM, but never the Coach because I simply don't have faith in him, because I do NOT understand WHAT he is doing... after over a year and God Knows how many players of experimentation he STILL does NOT have a settled starting 11, and for reasons best known to himself he has a left-winger playing at left-back and now a striker at Right-back.. at the end of the day Akiel and Wolfe did NOT pick themselves to play dem positions..and you want me to support THAT??? Look at TWO events in the 2nd 1/2 of the Nashville game - IMMEDIATELY AFTER Jason Scotland entered the field... check and see what happened at EXACTLY that point... here's a hint it involves a "conversation" between Scotland and Stern... and secondly the 3rd US goal... they DELIBERATELY set up the goal for Altidore... so he could get he hat-trick... all 3 US players were alone in the area with Ince at their mercy and gave Jozy the shot... dem men was embarassing we man... and you doh expect meh to be DAMN VEX!!! You wanted honesty... thais as honest an answer as I can give. Didn't appreciate the Klu klux Klan analogy edduh... buh ah know how yuh have a twisted sense of humor ent?  :devil:

You HONESTLY tellin me that you wanted Maturana FIRED after the 3-1 victory against Cuba in Cuba.

And you HONESTLY tellin me that you believe Maturana was the one who AT THAT TIME was keepin we best players off de team and NOT Jack Warner.

And you HONESTLY also blamin Maturana for the opposition queuin up to try and give Altidore he hattrick KNOWING that we was already down 2-0 and most of we players were over tjhe half line tryin to make something happen and we get ketch on a counter attack.  Who yuh vex wit?  Maturana or de players who expose Ince so cruelly?  We ALL know de answer to dat question doh ent?

Proof positive dat no matter what Maturana does or doesn't do...even when de team doing exactly what YOU WOULD HAVE DONE IN SIMILAR CIRCUMSTANCES, nutting he could do would be right fuh allyuh.

Yuh talk about settled starting XI.  Yet the starting XI Beenhakker used from his first game in charge (Against Panama)to the starting XI during the Gold Cup was quite different.   And allyuh is de same people was bawlin to give more local based a bligh.  Well more local based get play under Maturana dan under any other senior men's national coach in T&T history.  Allyuh still vex.  So he playin majority foreign based.  Men who actually playin football.  Not good enough.  Allyuh want rejects like Sancho, Avery and Cyd to not jes be in de squad, but startin.  Players who have consistently been rejected by clubs EVERYWHERE.  But is Maturana fault.

g make a post and talk sense.  He outline he views devoid of hysteria.  Without any kinda rancour and emotionalism.  I reiterate...what you want is a lynching.  And yes, I know I done have de label as Maturana supporter.  I could handle dat...no scene even though I know different.  I jes doh blame he wholesale fuh everyting like allyuh.

At the end of the day, we ALL want de same ting.  Fuh we football to get better in every area.  How we get there is another matter.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #879 on: April 06, 2009, 10:25:24 PM »
i have ah feelin someone go pm yuh and say dey ready fuh de interview with the "lets support him" perspective, and as soon as he get on de show, bawl "fire he ass now!"
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: April 06, 2009, 10:54:32 PM »
Palos...yuh ever see de full game vz cuba ??  de same 3-1 yuh talking bout...well take it from me from a TTFF offical...dey was shame tuh show de game after...we were totally outplayed in a football sense...not result of course..

and patriot...if yuh want a man tuh back maturana...call Lincoln Phillips....let him say what i shame to repeat why maturana is de best man for the TNT job
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: April 06, 2009, 11:01:38 PM »
Palos...yuh ever see de full game vz cuba ??  de same 3-1 yuh talking bout...well take it from me from a TTFF offical...dey was shame tuh show de game after...we were totally outplayed in a football sense...not result of course..

and patriot...if yuh want a man tuh back maturana...call Lincoln Phillips....let him say what i shame to repeat why maturana is de best man for the TNT job

Nah BM.  Never see de game nah. 

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: April 06, 2009, 11:09:18 PM »
well there is a reason why...was tuh keep all ah we quiet...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: April 06, 2009, 11:16:21 PM »

Lincoln must say that, he trying tuh save his own a$$! i doh expect him tuh say nutten differant. all in all,  the man maturana is lacking and the stats speak for it self! maybe palos could offer him a job tuh coach the white caps, but as far as T&T goes, he have tuh ride out!!!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 11:32:47 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: April 06, 2009, 11:29:15 PM »

Lincoln must say that, he trying tuh save his own a$$! i doh expect him tuh say nutten differant. all in all,  the man maturana is lacking and the stats speak for it self! maybe palos could offer him a job tuh coach the white caps, but as far as T&T goes, he have tuh ride out!!!

;D ;D

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: April 07, 2009, 05:27:45 AM »
The man's team selection and tactics were an accident waiting to happen.....that accident was the US (twice)....the dentist must go!!!...

p.s. although he annoy mih with that bachanal article last week, ah find The Fearless One's new ad mocking Maturana funny as hell.... :rotfl:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: April 07, 2009, 06:12:08 AM »

Thanx  ;D

Werent de Klu Klux Klan born out of de democratic party? They werent working for de republicans de last time i looked at my by-laws.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: April 07, 2009, 08:24:37 AM »
Allyuh want rejects like Sancho, Avery and Cyd to not jes be in de squad, but startin.  Players who have consistently been rejected by clubs EVERYWHERE.  But is Maturana fault.

Wolfe, Aklie and Thomas playing for clubs in a better league than those 3 fellas right now?  They have more experience playing against better opposition at club and international level?  Just curious  8)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: April 07, 2009, 11:57:55 AM »
The man's team selection and tactics were an accident waiting to happen.....that accident was the US (twice)....the dentist must go!!!...

p.s. although he annoy mih with that bachanal article last week, ah find The Fearless One's new ad mocking Maturana funny as hell.... :rotfl:

Need 2 take a listen

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: April 07, 2009, 01:31:26 PM »
You HONESTLY tellin me that you wanted Maturana FIRED after the 3-1 victory against Cuba in Cuba.Ummm maybe de eyesight goin on yuh dey Palos, which part of the YES yuh din understand de "Y" de "E" or de "S"???
And you HONESTLY tellin me that you believe Maturana was the one who AT THAT TIME was keepin we best players off de team and NOT Jack Warner.

And you HONESTLY also blamin Maturana for the opposition queuin up to try and give Altidore he hattrick KNOWING that we was already down 2-0 and most of we players were over tjhe half line tryin to make something happen and we get ketch on a counter attack.Who yuh vex wit?  Maturana or de players who expose Ince so cruelly?  We ALL know de answer to dat question doh ent? YES! Re-Read what I wrote about WHO he (Mats) picked... Wolfe and Akiel are decent players, but HORRIBLE in the positions he is playing them... AGAIN... they did NOT pick themselves... HE did!

Proof positive dat no matter what Maturana does or doesn't do...even when de team doing exactly what YOU WOULD HAVE DONE IN SIMILAR CIRCUMSTANCES, nutting he could do would be right fuh allyuh. As Touches said some time aback, the ONLY good thing Mats did was to give the youths a bly at Senior level... and drop dem when it was clear they weren't ready yet. the UP side being that we benefitted at the Under-20 level, qualifying for Egypt
Yuh talk about settled starting XI.  Yet the starting XI Beenhakker used from his first game in charge (Against Panama)to the starting XI during the Gold Cup was quite different.   And allyuh is de same people was bawlin to give more local based a bligh. Breds, I challenge you to find ONE post where, I, PATRIOT, was "bawlin to give more local based a bligh" (AGAIN de eyesight REAL failing yuh pardnuh)... try this...  http://www.vaxa.com/678.cfm Well more local based get play under Maturana dan under any other senior men's national coach in T&T history.  Allyuh still vex.  So he playin majority foreign based.  Men who actually playin football.   Hmmn, Carlos, Birchall, Stern... I say NO more..   Not good enough.  Allyuh want rejects like Sancho, Avery and Cyd to not jes be in de squad, but startin.  YES! Those 3 have MORE heart and experience than SOME of the men playing in their place (deliberately NOT callin any SPECIFIC names... those who have GOOD eyesight could see!)   Players who have consistently been rejected by clubs EVERYWHERE.  But is Maturana fault.

g make a post and talk sense.  He outline he views devoid of hysteria.  Without any kinda rancour and emotionalism.  I reiterate...what you want is a lynching.  And yes, I know I done have de label as Maturana supporter.  I could handle dat...no scene even though I know different.  I jes doh blame he wholesale fuh everyting like allyuh.

At the end of the day, we ALL want de same ting.  Fuh we football to get better in every area.  How we get there is another matter. De ONLY sensible thing that I could actually agree with you on :applause:
[/quote]

Yuh REAL like tuh play DEVIL's advocate eh?  :devil:

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: April 07, 2009, 01:43:53 PM »
Getting back to the objective of this thread... so far we have myself, BrownSugar,Weary, Brent (a Pro-Maturana person) and Tansley Thompson ("Bring back Gally")... anyone else who interested can come down by the Oval for 5:00pm today, just tell security you came for the TV-6 function.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: April 07, 2009, 04:00:06 PM »

And you HONESTLY also blamin Maturana for the opposition queuin up to try and give Altidore he hattrick KNOWING that we was already down 2-0 and most of we players were over tjhe half line tryin to make something happen and we get ketch on a counter attack.Who yuh vex wit?  Maturana or de players who expose Ince so cruelly?  We ALL know de answer to dat question doh ent? YES! Re-Read what I wrote about WHO he (Mats) picked... Wolfe and Akiel are decent players, but HORRIBLE in the positions he is playing them... AGAIN... they did NOT pick themselves... HE did!

So is also Maturana dat pick
Clayton Ince
Dennis Lawrence
Keyeno Thomas
Christopher Birchall
Dwight Yorke
Carlos Edwards
Russell Latapy
Stern John
Kenwyne Jones
Jason Scotland
Aurtis Whitley and
Cornell Glen

Right?  Or is Latapy pick dem?  Or maybe Yorke?  Are they playing in their correct positions?

Proof positive dat no matter what Maturana does or doesn't do...even when de team doing exactly what YOU WOULD HAVE DONE IN SIMILAR CIRCUMSTANCES, nutting he could do would be right fuh allyuh. As Touches said some time aback, the ONLY good thing Mats did was to give the youths a bly at Senior level... and drop dem when it was clear they weren't ready yet. the UP side being that we benefitted at the Under-20 level, qualifying for Egypt

Yuh still eh answer if you was coach or if anybody else was coach, if when yuh team down 2-0 late in a game that getting caught on the counter looking to create something offensively is the coach fault.  Why yuh RUNNIN from answerin dat question?

Allyuh want rejects like Sancho, Avery and Cyd to not jes be in de squad, but startin.  YES! Those 3 have MORE heart and experience than SOME of the men playing in their place (deliberately NOT callin any SPECIFIC names... those who have GOOD eyesight could see!)

Why yuh fraid to name names?  Seein dat dem men YOU say have more HEART dan anybody who currently playin in their place.  Me eh know how YOU does measure HEART.  If by HEART you mean man who does get send off fuh dotish tackles leavin men to struggle short handed fuh a entire half, den yuh could keep yuh HEART thank yuh very much.

Yuh REAL like tuh play DEVIL's advocate eh?  :devil:

Moi?  8)

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: April 07, 2009, 04:40:21 PM »

Right?  Or is Latapy pick dem?  Or maybe Yorke?  Are they playing in their correct positions?

Palos,

the one thing I agree with you on is that if yuh want to blame Maturana for the negative things that happen during his tenure yuh can't conveniently give credit to yorke or latas for good things.

you're right that anybody blaming Pacho for the blacklist is confused.  I'm not too sure who was making those arguments.

that being said, the case against Maturana is still overwhelming:  even among the players that were available to him at any given time he has made bad decisions.  So for you to make a list of good selections that he has made is somewhat disingenuous because all of those are straightforward choices for a TT coach.  In fact, they only serve to make the glaring errors more confusing.       

You made a list of all the players that he did call, so the least you could do is be honest about it.   Even among the players on that list he hasn't shown much consistency.  And when men did get called up it wasn't unusual to see baffling decisions about who would actually be on the field e.g. some of the decisions he made to keep players like Lawrence, Stern and Scotland on the bench in favor of players who clearly weren't up to the level.

In any case, the overarching argument against him, I think, is that the side hasn't really played that well under him.  The fact that you would have to resort to referring to a 3-1 victory over Cuba should tell you something.  Cuba is decent opposition in the Caribbean context but realistically we should have more ambition than to be classified in the same tier as them. 

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: April 07, 2009, 05:02:55 PM »

Palos,

the one thing I agree with you on is that if yuh want to blame Maturana for the negative things that happen during his tenure yuh can't conveniently give credit to yorke or latas for good things.

you're right that anybody blaming Pacho for the blacklist is confused.  I'm not too sure who was making those arguments.

that being said, the case against Maturana is still overwhelming:  even among the players that were available to him at any given time he has made bad decisions.  So for you to make a list of good selections that he has made is somewhat disingenuous because all of those are straightforward choices for a TT coach.  In fact, they only serve to make the glaring errors more confusing.       

You made a list of all the players that he did call, so the least you could do is be honest about it.   Even among the players on that list he hasn't shown much consistency.  And when men did get called up it wasn't unusual to see baffling decisions about who would actually be on the field e.g. some of the decisions he made to keep players like Lawrence, Stern and Scotland on the bench in favor of players who clearly weren't up to the level.

In any case, the overarching argument against him, I think, is that the side hasn't really played that well under him.  The fact that you would have to resort to referring to a 3-1 victory over Cuba should tell you something.  Cuba is decent opposition in the Caribbean context but realistically we should have more ambition than to be classified in the same tier as them. 

Breds....I not arguin AGAINST gettin rid of Maturana.  Lord knows de man do some shit.

What I am against is the wholesale blame of Maturana for everything from de team selection to de wall goin up by de Beetham.

If yuh blamin Maturana for selectin Akile Edwards and Anthony Wolfe, how yuh go tun around & say is Latapy pick Stern John and Carlos Edwards?

A man lookin to blame de coach fuh de fact dat de Yankees set up Altidore fuh de hattrick, conveniently neglecting to mention dat we was 2 goals down, lookin to make something happen, and get ketch on de counter.  If de team did maintain shape and try to restrict de scoreline, same man woulda bawl bout how we down 2 goals and nobody doin anyting.

Is dem kinda hypocrisy's and inconsistencies dat I against.  Same ting wit Akile Edwards.  Nutting de boy could do would be good enough for most people on dis site.  NOTHING.  Because in dem mind, dem know more football dan anybody else and de player is a hound.  And yuh know...perhaps he is.  But even when he do decent or something positive, dey still cyah bring deyself to acknowledge dat.  Nah....DEM HAVE TO BE RIGHT.  He is a hound and nutting will change dat.  Bring back Avery.....until de next penalty dat leave we wit 10 men and a half to play dat is.  Den yuh go hear man praisin Avery fuh de "BLADE" he does share.

Maturana could go.  Matter of fact, he should go IMO.  He not cuttin it.  But he by no means to blame fuh all de ills of we football team.  Not by a long shot.  When he gone, ah want to see who peeps go blame nex.  De latest flavour of de month is Trini Terry Fenwick.  He could speak English, he know we players and culture, and he win Pro League Titles.  Leh he lorse 2 game nah.  Den it go be a nex story.   Interesting dat jes 3 months ago....Christmas time....Latas was supposed to be de saviour.  Not hearin too much bout saviour Latas dese days doh.  So it go...ent?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: April 07, 2009, 05:14:05 PM »
Ah ! well a-day back in 1973 ! what evil looks
Had I from old and young !
Instead of the cross, the Albatross
About TnT neck was hung.

my apologies to Coleridge
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 05:18:34 PM by Ishikawa »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ian1wason

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: April 07, 2009, 06:00:26 PM »
hey patriot I'm  in, that panel discussion will be great on Friday, i cant wait to see our discussion again on TV

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: April 07, 2009, 06:01:22 PM »
     Maturana must go, our last 2 goodish performances which was last year against Guatemala (0-0 in Gaut.) and the 2-1 win vs the USA here, was SOLELY to Yorke and Latas controlling the game, it had NOTHING to do with Matucraphole on the bench or any strategy by him. Obviously when Yorke and Latas not in the game the side shitty because that is when they have NO choice BUT to listen to Mr. Matushithong.

Clyde Leon was NEVER supposed to be in that team, no one will ever know why Hyland did not START and play along with Birchall but Matushithong.

We played 3 games and have 2 points when realistically we should have had 4 (should have beaten El Salvador, and ironically I blame Yorke for letting Shitty Stern waste it).

Last time we had 1 point and a miracle man called Don Leo this time?????

I would say get Guus Hiddink...

what about Terry Fenwick as a local option?

J.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: April 07, 2009, 06:09:50 PM »
    Maturana must go, our last 2 goodish performances which was last year against Guatemala (0-0 in Gaut.) and the 2-1 win vs the USA here, was SOLELY to Yorke and Latas controlling the game, it had NOTHING to do with Matucraphole on the bench or any strategy by him. Obviously when Yorke and Latas not in the game the side shitty because that is when they have NO choice BUT to listen to Mr. Matushithong.

Clyde Leon was NEVER supposed to be in that team, no one will ever know why Hyland did not START and play along with Birchall but Matushithong.

We played 3 games and have 2 points when realistically we should have had 4 (should have beaten El Salvador, and ironically I blame Yorke for letting Shitty Stern waste it).

Last time we had 1 point and a miracle man called Don Leo this time?????

I would say get Guus Hiddink...

what about Terry Fenwick as a local option?

J.
I glad we got all the results we got so far in the hex, we deserve it!1 it was ah nessesary evil. id rather lose pancho now than later! so i glad we get drobbed.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: April 07, 2009, 06:16:31 PM »
hey patriot I'm  in, that panel discussion will be great on Friday, i cant wait to see our discussion again on TV

Whey boy dat was fast!!...welcome!!.... :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: April 07, 2009, 06:18:55 PM »

What I am against is the wholesale blame of Maturana for everything from de team selection to de wall goin up by de Beetham.

If yuh blamin Maturana for selectin Akile Edwards and Anthony Wolfe, how yuh go tun around & say is Latapy pick Stern John and Carlos Edwards?

well, like I said above if someone is making that kinda argument then it's obviously flawed.

A man lookin to blame de coach fuh de fact dat de Yankees set up Altidore fuh de hattrick, conveniently neglecting to mention dat we was 2 goals down, lookin to make something happen, and get ketch on de counter.  If de team did maintain shape and try to restrict de scoreline, same man woulda bawl bout how we down 2 goals and nobody doin anyting.

Maybe I should let Patriot speak for himself on this one but I think you might be missing Patriot's real point which is that we never should be in that situation to getting pappy show in the first place.  The US might beat us consistently but we never look so bad against them as the last 2 games.  Is it a coincidence that those 2 games come under Maturana? We get ample warning from the men who does be watching the team the most carefully and often like Patriot, Touches and BM.

Same ting wit Akile Edwards.  Nutting de boy could do would be good enough for most people on dis site.  NOTHING.  Because in dem mind, dem know more football dan anybody else and de player is a hound.  And yuh know...perhaps he is.  But even when he do decent or something positive, dey still cyah bring deyself to acknowledge dat.  Nah....DEM HAVE TO BE RIGHT.  He is a hound and nutting will change dat.  Bring back Avery.....until de next penalty dat leave we wit 10 men and a half to play dat is.  Den yuh go hear man praisin Avery fuh de "BLADE" he does share.

I seriously doubt that anybody wants Akile to fail.  For all his deficiencies Avery has clearly been our best option at left back in the last half-decade.  We were in mess at that position before Beenhakker brought him back into the fold and unfortunately we have been in a mess in that position since we stop picking Avery.  So yes he did get a red card once and he was suspended for a game once in 2005 and he doesn't overlap much but he carries out the primary function of a left back better than the anybody else we try so people just responding to the fact that the man getting overlooked for someone who doesn't seem to be ready.

1]; } ?>