April 16, 2024, 04:03:17 AM

Author Topic: A colombian our new Football Coach  (Read 8736 times)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: A colombian our new Football Coach
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2008, 07:36:04 PM »
thank you Observer
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2008, 11:41:53 PM »
Observer thanks x 2. I mean if all yuh eh like Wim because he eh coach no big side is 1 ting but fallin 4 d cock and bull story that JW come up with is another
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2008, 11:49:23 PM »
where did the racist talk come from with Wim? My understanding from someone on the coaching staff, is that with the Nakid issue, Wim stood up for the young waitress, when Nakid was rude. So where has he demonstrated that he is a racist.
The general talk in T&T was that he was asking hard questions on behalf of the players who did not get paid. He has gone on record as stating that the Federation should deliver. Some members of the TTFF took exception, and this is the real reason behind the suspension.

This is believable, because Jack actually hint at that when he said that "Wim needed to evaluate whether or not he could work with the TTFF." Dais wha I believe...Wim start getting more frustrated and start to talk up.

Then he and Lincoln come to blows, or at least he pelt some cuff, which was really a separate issue, but it give Jack and dem ah opening to relieve his troublemaking ass.

Me eh so sure 'bout de racist talk but ah hear this was when he and Nakhid was having they cussout and he make some unkind reference to middle eastern people or something so in cussing Nakhid. So rumour has it so me tell it! I wasn' deh!
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2008, 12:24:48 AM »
Pancho's English cyah be dat bad if he could understand and go thru ah interview with Jackula.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2008, 05:13:03 AM »
where did the racist talk come from with Wim? My understanding from someone on the coaching staff, is that with the Nakid issue, Wim stood up for the young waitress, when Nakid was rude. So where has he demonstrated that he is a racist.
The general talk in T&T was that he was asking hard questions on behalf of the players who did not get paid. He has gone on record as stating that the Federation should deliver. Some members of the TTFF took exception, and this is the real reason behind the suspension.

De ting is....Wim wrong...even doh he right.  A coach CANNOT get involved in matters between players and Federation.  Dat and de Lincoln incident is what give TTFF de ammo to handle he de way dey eventually did.

That said, is interestin to hear de comments by people who have a lot of respect in de football community.  Wim's problem is that he couldn't be bought and refused to play "the game".  Yuh really cyah blame he doh.  Months of not gettin paid, havin always to deal with a squad that is less than the best players eligible to represent the country, assistants not getting paid etc obviously took a toll.

Doh feel too sorry fuh he doh.  Bet yuh botom dollar de TTFF will encounter a lawsuit of some sorts and besides...Beenie will hire him in a hearbeat or set him up somewhere.

Good luck Wim.  Yuh never get a fair shake regardless of whether peeps feel yuh was qualified or not for de position.  In dat regard, yuh eh get any different treatment dan 99% of people who have dealins wit TTFF and Jack Warner in particular.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2008, 06:07:08 AM »

Yuh know how long I waiting to hear this other version or twist to de Wim story. Well done Observer for exploring this. I eh say is true but it is what I expected. I find Maturana impressive but that doesn't mean we have to leave wrongdoings unaddressed and sweep it under the carpet as we fete over a new story. Lincoln's behaviour is worrying me these days and I am going to be more careful about rating him up as a role model. Being a yes man to Jackula is cause for concern ... too say the least.

Respec'
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2008, 06:47:55 AM »

Me eh so sure 'bout de racist talk but ah hear this was when he and Nakhid was having they cussout and he make some unkind reference to middle eastern people or something so in cussing Nakhid. So rumour has it so me tell it! I wasn' deh!

Yeah  the same nahkid who bad talk syrian people in trinidad best ah luck to wim
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 06:49:35 AM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2008, 06:48:14 PM »

Yuh know how long I waiting to hear this other version or twist to de Wim story. Well done Observer for exploring this. I eh say is true but it is what I expected. I find Maturana impressive but that doesn't mean we have to leave wrongdoings unaddressed and sweep it under the carpet as we fete over a new story. Lincoln's behaviour is worrying me these days and I am going to be more careful about rating him up as a role model. Being a yes man to Jackula is cause for concern ... too say the least.Respec'
Dreamer, I am with you all the way on this one!  I question the motives and self-respect of the entire TTFF and other football officials who simply bow to every idiotic and shameful things that JW does, simply because he has the abiity to line evrybody's pocket with money.  Nobody has stood up to disagree, make alternate suggestions, or challenge stupid policies.  Certainly he sometimes makes the right moves.  But often it is after chaotic, vindictive, and hateful decisions that embarass us as Trinidadians and Tobagonins and make us the laughingstock of the CONCACAF community.  Maturana is a good coach and hopefully will do well with our players and bring the much deserved respect back to our players.  But along the way another human being (Wim in this case) is maligned, stomped on and humiliated.  When will that stop?  Not until our officials have some guts to stop being yesmen and our goverment and people step up to the plate and support football without depending on JW's dollars to do so.  That is my take.  Howerver, no matter what, I am a Soca Warrior supporter till I die because I support the players, not JW and the TTFF.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2008, 07:06:11 PM »

De ting is....Wim wrong...even doh he right.  A coach CANNOT get involved in matters between players and Federation.  Dat and de Lincoln incident is what give TTFF de ammo to handle he de way dey eventually did.

That said, is interestin to hear de comments by people who have a lot of respect in de football community.  Wim's problem is that he couldn't be bought and refused to play "the game".  Yuh really cyah blame he doh.  Months of not gettin paid, havin always to deal with a squad that is less than the best players eligible to represent the country, assistants not getting paid etc obviously took a toll.

Doh feel too sorry fuh he doh.  Bet yuh botom dollar de TTFF will encounter a lawsuit of some sorts and besides...Beenie will hire him in a hearbeat or set him up somewhere.

Good luck Wim.  Yuh never get a fair shake regardless of whether peeps feel yuh was qualified or not for de position.  In dat regard, yuh eh get any different treatment dan 99% of people who have dealins wit TTFF and Jack Warner in particular.

Yuh no palos while I concur on most of what you said is it possible that he just was not liked,by the same  usual suspects,because here comes the colombian coach and all the players are being made available to him,I've been thought over the years that there's two sides to a story and I see the difficulty in anyone believing the TTFF don't get me wrong,and it may not be so much as playing the game or can't be bought but maybe he was bought and became greedy,also the part about not being paid for six months,I don't know if I believe that,god knows on my job if my boss ent pay me for one month,that's one month to long,I looking for another job..............       

1]; } ?>