March 28, 2024, 04:21:49 AM

Author Topic: English FA Cup Thread  (Read 25008 times)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
English FA Cup Thread
« on: January 05, 2008, 01:00:47 AM »
Loads of matches on Saturday 5th Jan , some of you might be interested and some of you might not, here is a list of match ups.
England: FA Cupstanding
14:00 - Chasetown -:- Cardiff   
15:00 - Walsall -:- Millwall   
15:00 - Wolverhampton -:- Cambridge   
16:00 - Barnsley -:- Blackpool   
16:00 - Blackburn -:- Coventry   
16:00 - Bolton -:- Sheffield U   
16:00 - Brighton -:- Mansfield   
16:00 - Bristol C. -:- Middlesbrough   
16:00 - Charlton -:- West Bromwich   
16:00 - Chelsea -:- Queens P.R.    
16:00 - Colchester -:- Peterboro   
16:00 - Everton -:- Oldham   
16:00 - Huddersfield -:- Birmingham   
16:00 - Ipswich -:- Portsmouth   
16:00 - Norwich -:- Bury   
16:00 - Plymouth -:- Hull   
16:00 - Preston -:- Sc**thorpe   
16:00 - Southampton -:- Leicester     
16:00 - Southend -:- Dag and Red   
16:00 - Sunderland -:- Wigan   
16:00 - Swansea -:- Havant and W.    
16:00 - Swindon -:- Barnet   
16:00 - Tottenham -:- Reading   
16:00 - Tranmere -:- Hereford   
16:00 - Watford -:- Crystal Palace   
16:00 - West Ham -:- Manchester City   
18:15 - Aston Villa -:- Manchester United   

« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 04:57:23 AM by Flex »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: F.A CUP Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 08:44:20 AM »
whats the Chealski vz QPR highlighted for ???  ...

ah feel QPR is the new Chelski....the special one for Loftus road....

good luck to the TnT players in the FA Cup...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 10:41:01 AM »
Good grief, Sunderland getting planass by Wigan! :o

They real playing shit today. Like they eh care, the league more important.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 10:44:02 AM »
Good grief, Sunderland getting planass by Wigan! :o

They real playing shit today. Like they eh care, the league more important.

you see the lineup Keane put out they? Even Kavanagh manage to get a bligh...I surprise he ent start Fulop in goal...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 10:50:20 AM »
whats the Chealski vz QPR highlighted for ???  ...

ah feel QPR is the new Chelski....the special one for Loftus road....

good luck to the TnT players in the FA Cup...
lol I was kinda hoping they get their backside beat, so I highlighted it so that people could see who their opponent was, by the way did you know QPR is owned by 3 people and one of them happened to be the 5th richest man in the world, I heard that last night on FSC. I feel if they ever reach the Prem. It will have ah next Chelski, money wise I talking.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 11:10:24 AM »
Channel 6029 on sopcast  is showing the Man.u vs Aston Villa game also you can see it on tvants if interested.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 01:11:42 PM »
Channel 6029 on sopcast  is showing the Man.u vs Aston Villa game also you can see it on tvants if interested.

like nobody ent tell SAF that he have a second and third 11 or what? or he fraid the same thing that happen with Coventry come back to haunt him ?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 01:14:14 PM »
Hell yea United moves on!!!! Good game tho Villa.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 01:25:26 PM »
The magic of the FA Cup: Coventry, Huddersfield, Oldham and Sheffield United cause shocks
Michael Mifsud scored twice as Coca-Cola Championship club Coventry booked their place in the fourth round of the FA Cup with a memorable 4-1 win over Blackburn at Ewood Park.

The Sky Blues, who dumped Manchester United out of the Carling Cup earlier this season with a 2-0 win at Old Trafford, were again in imperious form against Barclays Premier League opposition and never looked in danger of losing the lead given to them through Mifsud's crisp volley after 34 minutes.
They doubled their advantage after 64 minutes when Zurab Khizanishvili was adjudged to have fouled Leon Best in the penalty area and defender Elliott Ward coolly stepped up to fire past Brad Friedel.

Dele Adebola added a third from 18 yards before David Bentley scored a consolation five minutes from time for Mark Hughes' beleaguered side.

Mifsud added a fourth in the dying stages as Iain Dowie's side celebrated a memorable day.

Scottish midfielder Gary McDonald's first-half strike gave Oldham a famous 1-0 win against Premier League Everton at Goodison Park.

The League One side, more than 50 places below the Merseysiders, fully deserved their victory after a battling performance.

Everton fielded a much-changed side for the third round tie, but McDonald's 25-yard cracker was enough to beat them. Ayegbeni Yakubu hit the post in injury time for Everton but Oldham were not to be denied.

Chris Brandon scored nine minutes from time to secure another cup shock as League One Huddersfield beat Premier League Birmingham 2-1.

Luke Beckett handed the Terriers a dream start as he poked home from close range after just four minutes but Garry O'Connor levelled for Blues 15 minutes later.

Huddersfield never looked out of place against their more illustrious opponents and Brandon slotted home from close range late on to book their place in the next round.

Chelsea were made to work hard for their 1-0 victory over neighbours QPR at Stamford Bridge.

They scored the only goal of the game after 39 minutes in fortuitous circumstances as Claudio Pizarro's shot cannoned off the post before rebounding into the net off the back of Rangers goalkeeper Lee Camp.

Bolton left out a string of first-team players, including Chelsea target Nicolas Anelka, and were made to pay as David Carney's solitary strike put Sheffield United through.

Manchester City and West Ham will meet again after a dour goalless draw at Upton Park.

Dave Nugent's third goal for Portsmouth secured a 1-0 win over Ipswich, who had Liam Trotter dismissed in the first half.

Paul Scharner's first-half header, Paul McShane's own goal and a neat strike from David Cotterill helped Wigan cruise past Sunderland 3-0 at the Stadium of Light.

Stephen Hunt matched Dimitar Berbatov's brace as Reading secured a 2-2 draw with Tottenham, who had Tom Huddlestone dismissed for violent conduct.

David Wheater's second-half goal ensured there was no upset at Ashton Gate as Middlesbrough came from behind to see off Bristol City 2-1.

Liam Fontaine had given the hosts the lead inside 20 minutes but Stewart Downing restored parity before Wheater's timely intervention.

League Two Peterborough caused an upset against Championship strugglers Colchester as they stormed to a 3-1 win.

Veteran Teddy Sheringham cancelled out Aaron McLean's opener but Darren Ferguson's side stormed back through George Boyd and Charlie Lee.

Gary Doherty cancelled out Andy Bishop's goal as Championship strugglers Norwich salvaged a replay against League Two Bury.

Non-league Chasetown lost 3-1 at home to Cardiff after goals from Peter Whittingham, Aaron Ramsey and Paul Parry had cancelled out Kevin McNaughton's own goal.

Michael Kightly and Neill Collins netted in the second half as Wolves bounced back from Scott Rendell's first-half penalty for Cambridge.

Blue Square South side Havant and Waterlooville secured a replay against League One leaders Swansea after a memorable 1-1 draw at the Liberty Stadium.

Andy Robinson had looked to have booked the hosts' place in the fourth round before Rocky Baptiste scored with just three minutes remaining to send the visiting support into raptures.

Championship high-fliers Charlton and West Brom will meet again after a 1-1 draw at The Valley.

Zheng Zhi gave the Addicks an early lead before Ishmael Miller's equaliser.

Danny Shittu scored twice to help Watford to a 2-0 win over Crystal Palace at Vicarage Road.

Dean Windass' double was not enough to prevent Hull slipping to a 3-2 defeat at Plymouth, who were indebted to goals from Nadjim Abdou, Peter Halmosi and Sylvan Ebanks-Blake.

Andrew Surman and Gregory Vignal were on target to ensure Southampton eased to a comfortable 2-0 win over Leicester at St Mary's.

Barnsley came from behind to record a slender 2-1 win over Blackpool.

David Fox gave Simon Grayson's side a first-half lead before Stephen Foster and Michael Coulson netted in the second period for the Tykes.

In the final all-Championship tie Simon Whaley gave Preston a slender 1-0 win over Sc**thorpe.

Mansfield and Southend booked their places in the fourth round with wins over Brighton and Dagenham and Redbridge respectively.

Barnet secured a 1-1 draw at Swindon, Tranmere were held 2-2 at home to Hereford, while Walsall and Millwall played out a goalless draw

Man.u also won against Aston Villa 2-0 Ronaldo and Rooney with the goals in the last 10 minutes.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=506279&in_page_id=1779&ct=5

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Scotland granted leave for FA-Cup clash.
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 05:21:35 PM »
Scotland granted leave for FA-Cup clash.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Prolific Striker Jason Scotland has been granted permission by the Trinidad and Tobago Senior Team to miss next Wednesday’s 2010 World Cup qualifier against El Salvador in order to remain in the United Kingdom and be part of Swansea City’s team for an FA Cup 5th round clash with Premiership club Fulham.

The match is scheduled for February 14, three days after T&T’s qualifying match which means that if Scotland joins Francisco Maturana’s team, he will return to Swansea only a day before they face Fulham and club manager Roberto Martinez is concerned over the player’s physical readiness to start that encounter. Scotland’s is currently Swansea’s top marksman.

And after discussions with Scotland himself and his agent Mike Berry, it was mutually agreed that the player be excused from the qualifying encounter, according to T&T assistant coach Russell Latapy. Scotland expressed gratitude to the T&T team for excusing him from the qualifier.

“Personally it’s great that I have been allowed to stay back and play the FA Cup match for Swansea because it’s obviously a massive game for us. It’s a great opportunity for me and the club but at the same time I know how important the game against El Salvador is. So in saying that I also want to state on record that I’m not turning my back on the country but after we looked at the situation closer, the decision was made to allow me to remain back at Swansea,” Scotland told TTFF Media on Tuesday.

“I’m in really good form for the club at the moment which means that I’m a key to their hopes of advancing in the FA Cup. Thankfully there has been good communication and understanding between Swansea and Trinidad and Tobago. At this stage it’s a good outcome but I have also told the manager here that I have all intentions of representing my country in the future matches and he will definitely have to release me for the other games once I’m selected,” Scotland added.

Latapy further explained: “It’s one of those situations where Jason is doing very well for his club and in this case it can be a turning point for him and the club and having been in such situations myself in the past as a player, it’s difficult when you have to ask a player to  travel this far and it’s not a guarantee that he’s going to be in the starting squad. So in saying that they asked for him to be excused and we have said to them well okay we don’t have a problem but also in the future we expect that they will be understanding of our needs and situation when it’s a case that we need the player to be available to us. “

"This is how relationships between managers, clubs and countries are likely to develop into even better ones to make it easier for dealing with when such situations arise.”

Scotland wished his national teammates the best in next Wednesday’s qualifying encounter and likewise the T&T contingent has wished him and Swansea every success in their upcoming FA Cup fixture.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Scotland cup boost for Swans
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 05:41:49 AM »
Scotland cup boost for Swans
Swansea Evening Pos
t

JASON Scotland has been left out of the Trinidad & Tobago World Cup qualifying squad so he can focus on Swansea City's FA Cup clash with Fulham.

The Soca Warriors face a crucial tie with El Salvador a week tonight as they bid for a place at South Africa 2010.

But coach Francisco Maturana has agreed not to call up Scotland after a request from Swansea.

Roberto Martinez has continually expressed concerns over Scotland's international commitments, arguing that long trips to the Caribbean are hampering his club form.

And the Swansea boss has won a minor battle by persuading T & T to omit Scotland from next week's game.

"I'm delighted," Martinez admitted. "We have had to deal with Jason's situation every time he's travelled away with his country and I'm pleased that they have been able to understand our specific needs on this occasion.

"We have a fantastic relationship with the Trinidad & Tobago federation and we will try to help them as much as we can in the future.

"Swansea City will be supporting them next week and we hope they make it all the way to the World Cup."

Scotland will have a part to play later in T & T's qualifying campaign but for now he can concentrate on club matters.

Had he been called up, Swansea's 14-goal top-scorer would not have returned to Wales until the night before Fulham visit on February 14.

"It's one of those situations where Jason is doing very well for Swansea and in this case it can be a turning point for him and the club," said Soca Warriors assistant coach and ex-Rangers striker Russell Latapy.

"Having been in such situations myself in the past as a player, it's difficult when you have to ask a player to travel this far and it's not a guarantee that he's going to be in the starting squad.

"Swansea asked for him to be excused and we have said to them 'Well okay we don't have a problem', but also in the future we expect they will be understanding of our needs when we need the player to be available."

Scotland has enjoyed arguably his best Swansea form in the last couple of months, hitting a hot streak in front of goal which Martinez puts down to a lack of international activity.

But despite his recent success, the 29-year-old remains behind Kenwyne Jones, of Sunderland, and Bristol City's Stern John in the T & T pecking order.

"It's great that I have been allowed to stay for the FA Cup because it's obviously massive for us," Scotland said. "Thankfully there has been good communication and understanding between Swansea and Trinidad & Tobago.

"At this stage it's a good outcome, but I have also told the manager here that I have all intention of representing my country in the future matches."

Scotland and his Swansea team-mates were given a day off yesterday as the snow came down, but Martinez insists the weather will not hinder preparations for Saturday's meeting with Ipswich.

Swansea were today expecting an answer from the Football League over whether Dimi Konstantopoulos will be their player for the rest of the season.

A deal was agreed to bring the goalkeeper back from Coventry on loan until May, but it is unclear whether the necessary paperwork was completed in time.

Winger Andrea Orlandi, meanwhile, is in a race to be fit to face Ipswich after injuring his ankle in last Saturday's draw at Southampton.

Former loanee Febian Brandy has agreed to join Hereford on a month's loan from Manchester United.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Scotland granted leave for FA-Cup clash.
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 07:00:33 AM »
Traitor  >:(

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2009, 07:06:22 AM »
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2009, 07:24:06 AM »

Pop Corn anyone!!??!!

ah hopin is sarcasm and not the prelude to an explosion :beermug:
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2009, 07:36:46 AM »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2009, 08:41:51 AM »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2009, 11:05:03 AM »
FA cup is more important than a world cup I guess.. good luck star..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2009, 11:08:09 AM »
If Roy Keane was still at Sunderland, we woulda have some problems when he start to make noise as to why it have one setta rules for Scotty and want to fight we down for Kenwyne
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2009, 03:20:37 PM »
It seem like priority on de bus route.   :-\
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2009, 03:29:02 PM »

Pop Corn anyone!!??!!

Pass some dey Andre, ah gehin ready fuh de fun to unfold
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2009, 03:30:16 PM »
If Roy Keane was still at Sunderland, we woulda have some problems when he start to make noise as to why it have one setta rules for Scotty and want to fight we down for Kenwyne

Its a different context, circumstances. Cant compare the two
Hart for president

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2009, 03:35:01 PM »
what kinda bull**man decision is dat?? For an FA Cup replay?? Hopefully he has FA Cup replays to keep himself occupied when everyone else on d plane to SA.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2009, 03:41:57 PM »
what kinda bull**man decision is dat?? For an FA Cup replay?? Hopefully he has FA Cup replays to keep himself occupied when everyone else on d plane to SA.
It's not a replay. It's an important 5th round fixture against a Premiership team.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2009, 03:43:43 PM »
I hope he stay an buss dem Americans ass in Fulham side, so they will have something to remember when we play them in Nashville.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2009, 03:47:42 PM »

it have a thread created today just for you..

only hard luck is you miss your 2008 nomination by a month and 4 days.. lol

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2009, 04:50:27 PM »

umm, y? u go hadda explain dat one 2 me. I vex d man not playin. he's our most prolific striker. Swansea isnt going to win the FA Cup. If the article is a chainup I'll accept d award right now  :)  :beermug:

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2009, 04:56:01 PM »

umm, y? u go hadda explain dat one 2 me. I vex d man not playin. he's our most prolific striker. Swansea isnt going to win the FA Cup. If the article is a chainup I'll accept d award right now  :)  :beermug:
We're even less likely to win the World Cup. But there are merits to participation.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2009, 05:10:06 PM »

We're even less likely to win the World Cup. But there are merits to participation.

If daz ur opinion, fair enuf. My opinion is that participating in a World Cup is far more significant than participating in an FA Cup.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2009, 09:22:52 PM »
All yuh, that was a diplomatic way to say Scotty was not picked for the game.  The coaches had to leave out somebody and instead of bringing him to sit on the bench they suggest that he stay and play for the FA Cup.  he will be called later.  They preferred KJ, Cornell Glen and Stern.  Simple as that!  This was not Scotty's doing.  That is just my fan opinion.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2009, 09:27:53 PM »
Scotty u correck u sure 2 run out 4 Swansea.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>