SVEN ERIKKSON
0 (0%)
MARCO VAN BASTEN
2 (4.2%)
Luiz Felipe Scolari
1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: September 25, 2008, 10:34:15 AM

Author Topic: Name ah Coach Thread ;-)  (Read 56192 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Name ah Coach Thread ;-)
« on: January 05, 2008, 09:40:16 AM »
"Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s"
How does one keep politics separate from football?

I often wonder how the TTFF Special Advisor (is he advising or dictating?) is able to convince coaches to  venture into  a perilous position.......coaching in TNT?  Are these appointments for the general good of football or are they designed to propagate a political position?

I am drawn to Shakespeare's play Juilus Caesar as I reflect on the themes of ambition, and the yearning for power by our own Prince Machavelli. it also reflects how miscommunication  both in the form of deception and self-deception, is endemic  not only in the action of Shakespeare's Julius Caesar but may also be in the process of selecting a national coach.

Imagine if you will a scene with the special advisor offering the coaching reins to someone:

" And then he offered it the third time. He put it the third time by; and still as he refused it, the rabblement hooted and clapped their chopt hands, and threw up their sweaty nightcaps, and uttered such a deal of stinking breath"

Are we the rabblement that hoots and howls at every appointment as though a Saviour has landed in our midst?

With all due respect to the now present (flavour of the day) senior coach it behoves me  to be objective in seeking out clarity as to the process and thinking which goes into appointing a coach in TNT.  Without stating the obvious everyone could possibly surmise that Mr. Warner is the anointed ‘brain thrust’ (tongue in cheek) behind each selection. But what is the long term impact of the manner of these selections on the sustainability and growth of our football program, and our capacity to develop knowledge and expertise among our local players and coaches?

In previous WC campaigns prior to 2007, we met with relative success but again the tradition of changing coaches continued.

How is it that countries like Costa Rica and Mexico are able to consistently achieve success with local coaches? Is it the system they employ or is it their football program? Or the football ethos which seems to thrive in those countries?  Did Beenhakker’s success give rise to a paradigm switch in our selection mandate for the national men’s team? Do we now put more faith in the style or system of an  international expert over our own?

Tia Turner in her song asked the question 'what does love have to do with it; it is a second hand emotion? well what does style or system of play have do do with it? Does it matter? as long as the players you have could achieve success playing with what is being implemented.

If one was to objectively examine Bertille St Clair’s prior success before the WC qualifying debacle would it not be worthy of merit? Paradoxically, his successor’s imminent success has now seems to give rise to a thinking that in order for us to be successful, we need to have an international coach with prior success. Reflect on the appointment of Wim after the WC? Was there not some clandestine meeting abroad and the next thing you know Wim is at the helm. Supporters clamoured with glee at the possibility of continuity under the prior regime. With the naming of A.Corneal, some folks again were ready to praise the appointment as one that deserves merit; now in comes Francisco Maturana. We are still uncertain as to whether he is adorned with the title of fulltime coach till 2010 or interim.

How would TNT  nationals like, Anton Corneal, Latapy, Stephan Hart or any others who may one day in the future aspire to achieve success as a national coach ever be given that opportunity? Would they have to seek opportunities elsewhere and prove their success before an opportunity is given to them in their homeland? Would it be a ‘crying shame’ for TNT if Corneal was to take Barbados or St. Kitts to the World Cup? This man has been a bridesmaid for many; only a bride for a short period. One would think that he has learned and has acquired some knowledge under the tutelage of prior coaches.

I ask the question is the present coaching selection one that is thoughtfully and intentionally done so as to sustain our program, players and local coaches or is it one that is strives for serendipitous success?

Would history repeat itself and would Maturana join the list of TTFF coaching merry go –round or would we among the elite in South Africa in 2010? Welcome to the world on TNT football Maturana.

TTFF's coaching merry-go-round.
Stuart Fevrier named new T&T Head Coach.
By Shaun Fuentes.
15-May-2003 - The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation, on Thursday, announced prominent local-based coach Stuart Charles Fevrier as Head Coach of the Trinidad and Tobago National Senior and Olympic teams for a four-year period in the first instance.

T&T Express Reports.
16-Jan-2004 - The TTFF are notoriously restless in the period surrounding the World Cup qualifying campaign.
Starworld Strikers coach and celebrated past national player, Everald "Gally" Cummings, was the last coach to be allowed to lead his team throughout a qualifying campaign when he took the "Strike Squad" to within a point of the 1990 World Cup tournament.
Another local coach, Edgar Vidale, led the national team for their short lived 1994 campaign although he was made junior to Brazilian Clovis D'Oliviera at a crucial juncture.
For the 1998 qualifiers, the technical bench was cramped for space as a then unprecedented number of coaches, technical directors and advisors were employed.
Yugoslav Zoran Vranes ran the first leg before being replaced by Brazilian Sebastiao de Pereira after just one match in the CONCACAF semi-final stage.
However, Cummings, Look Loy and Kenny Joseph also played significant roles during the course of the campaign.
National head coach Bertille St Clair was axed one week before the first 2002 World Cup qualifying game after FIFA vice-president and T&TFF special advisor Jack Warner said he was dissatisfied with their returns of a Gold Cup semi-final place.
His replacement, Scotsman Ian Porterfield, was demoted to head coach below Brazilian Rene Simoes while Vranes and Corneal were also brought in to assist. Porterfield eventually lost the job outright to the Brazilian.
Fevrier, a success at Pro League team Vibe CT 105 W Connection, was termed "a quintessential Caribbean man" by Warner when he was selected to lead the team into the 2006 campaign last May. Eight months later, the TTFF have had another change of heart.
Hannibal Najjar falls on his sword.
By Lasana Liburd.
01.Apr.03 - Trinidad and Tobago national football team technical director and head coach Hannibal Najjar had his term brought to an abrupt end yesterday on April Fools' Day.
Najjar, who accepted the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) post last October, failed to guarantee the “Soca Warriors” an automatic place in the 2003 CONCACAF Gold Cup after falling 3-1 to Cuba at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella last Sunday.
The T&TFF yesterday announced Najjar’s resignation via a press release, which further stated that ex-Joe Public coach, Zoran Vranes, would be returned to serve as interim coach.

Warriors go from St Clair to Beenhakker.
By: Lasana Liburd - T&T Express.
03-Apr-2005 - If only they had fired Bertille St Clair sooner. Surely I am not the only one thinking it. But my feelings have less to do with St Clair's reign than the possibilities offered by his replacement.
 How much sweeter it is to swoon over Beenhakker's resume than to discuss St Clair's perceived shortcomings. Three Spanish titles at the helm of Real Madrid, three Dutch league crowns, a World Cup finals appearance with Holland (1990), while he got Saudi Arabia to the 1994 edition for the first time in their history-they showed their gratitude by sacking him before the tournament started because of their dislike for his training methods.
He even has experience of CONCACAF superpowers, Mexico, after joining Club America as coach for the 1994-95 season. Again, he was sacked. Ostensibly for failing to win silverware, although there were rumours that he threw a club director from his dressing room.

The 62-year-old Dutchman is the most accomplished coach ever to lead out a Trinidad and Tobago outfit and he deserves every opportunity to fulfill his mission, which is to take the artists-formerly-known-as-the-Soca Warriors into the Germany 2006 World Cup tournament.

Spare a thought for St Clair who, like Hannibal Najjar two years ago, was crudely replaced on April Fool's Eve. It is a date that local coaches with international aspirations might want to write into their calendars. Then, Najjar reiterated his commitment to the job and willingness to continue at the same time that the T&TFF was faxing his resignation to the various media houses.

St Clair discovered he was sacked on his way to a team meeting with his employers via a radio broadcast. How would you feel if you turned up for work and saw someone sitting in your desk and your family pictures in a cardboard box while everyone tried to avoid eye contact?
I do not think St Clair would have taken T&T to the World Cup. I felt he did not enjoy the full support of T&TFF technical director Lincoln "Tiger" Phillips, who questioned his tactics too freely in public or the Football Federation, who subjected him to a humiliating "public symposium" last November. And I believe he was in danger of losing the dressing room by his tactical meandering.
 His failure to settle on a team system, a strike partnership or a holding midfielder was also a distraction.
But I also believe that St Clair does not deserve to be called a flop. He left the team in a better shape than he got it, just like he did in his first stint five years ago.
Birmingham City striker Dwight Yorke, Trinidad and Tobago's most successful and best player, is back in the fold and committed enough to sacrifice his attacking instincts by playing a midfield role, while Portsmouth goalkeeper Shaka Hislop also agreed to lend his calming influence to the squad-on and off the field.
At the local level, the players were again taught to respect the national shirt and the merit of graft and discipline. Anton Pierre and Denzil Theobold emerged better for it, as did Clayton Ince, Stern John and Dale Saunders during his first spell as head coach.
In 2000, Scotsman Ian Porterfield took over a team in a rich vein of form after an unprecedented top-four finish at the CONCACAF Gold Cup tournament.

It was St Clair's rotten luck to twice run first leg rather than anchor, but it is to his credit that he was asked to run in the first place and he did not disgrace himself on either occasion.
His final record is 35 games played with 18 wins, three draws and 14 losses, which makes him the first coach to end with more wins than draws and losses since Porterfield, who was sacked on June 25, 2001.
Trinidad and Tobago managed just one point from a possible nine in their first three final round World Cup qualifiers but that is not an unusual position for the twin island republic.

Porterfield got one point from five outings before Warner's patience ran out. They are the only three coaches to lead the T&TFF into the final CONCACAF qualifying round since the 1974 World Cup campaign. St Clair did not ask for the job-he was summoned to serve his country, did his best and should be thanked for his efforts.
Perhaps he was the chosen one.

The king is dead...hail the king.
Rijsbergen looking forward to 2010 challenge.
By: Shaun Fuentes.

Newly appointed National Team senior coach Wim Rijsbergen says he’s relishing the challenge of leading the national team towards South Africa 2010 but moreso helping this country to maintain the momentum it picked up following its qualification and subsequent performance at the 2006 World Cup Finals in Germany.
Just one day following the announcement of his new position Rijsbergen said he was already drawing up plans to assist in the development of the youth system and the senior team.
I am delighted to be able to take up the position as head coach of Trinidad and Tobago. One of the good things about this is that while I also had to look past some of the other offers which came my way for jobs after the World Cup, the fact that I already had some involvement with Trinidad and that we had already worked towards something and I know what it’s like there now, and after discussing with Mr Warner, I said the decision to remain here was something I was looking forward to, Rijsbergen told TTFF Media on Wednesday.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 11:56:25 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF's coaching merry-go-round.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 10:48:17 AM »
Curious as to why hislop never commented on the constant changing of coaches and lack of continuity i guess he come to accept this as the norm
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 10:52:24 AM »
 In looking at some of the moves, there appears to be a rift at times between the technical advisor and the head coach. How important is it to have the technical advisor in on the coaching interviews and to have them align their respective football philosophies?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 10:56:37 AM »
"Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s"
How does one keep politics separate from football?

I often wonder how the TTFF Special Advisor (is he advising or dictating?) is able to convince coaches to  venture into  a perilous position.......coaching in TNT?  Are these appointments for the general good of football or are they designed to propagate a political position?

I am drawn to Shakespeare's play Juilus Caesar as I reflect on the themes of ambition, and the yearning for power by our own Prince Machavelli. it also reflects how Miscommunication, both in the form of deception and self-deception, is endemic in the action of Shakespeare's Julius Caesar.

Imagine if you will a scene with the special advisor offering the coaching reins to someone:

" And then he offered it the third time. He put it the third time by; and still as he refused it, the rabblement hooted and clapped their chopt hands, and threw up their sweaty nightcaps, and uttered such a deal of stinking breath"

Are we the rabblement that hoots and howls at every appointment as though a Saviour has landed in our midst?

With all due respect to the now present (flavour of the day) senior coach it behoves me  to be objective in seeking out clarity as to the process and thinking which goes into appointing a coach in TNT.  Without stating the obvious everyone could possibly surmise that Mr. Warner is the anointed ‘brain thrust’ (tongue in cheek) behind each selection. But what is the long term impact of the manner of these selections on the sustainability and growth of our football program, and our capacity to develop knowledge and expertise among our local players and coaches?

we ALL know who/where the problem is/lies ;)
Dictator Jackula

"How is it that countries like Costa Rica and Mexico are able to consistently achieve success with local coaches? Is it the system they employ or is it their football program?"
as I have said before, just IMAGINE if Jackula decided to treat players in a civilised way HOW WELL our football program would do.....just imagine.

IN the meantime........put on ya seat belts and make the best of our RIDE
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 11:03:48 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 11:46:43 AM »
There must be a merry-go-round in T&T Football because Coaches are never respected or can't command respect,every Coach is controlled and has to be told by his employers what to do,it will always have conflicts between members of our technical staff because egos often come into play,the who better than who mentality comes into play.

In T&T Coaches are not given enough time to prove themselves,all it takes is losing one game/tournament to be changed,how are these guys to gain any experience,have we ever asked ourselves how much better has foreign Coaches done than our locals(take out Benie),it's very difficult for our Coaches to be productive because of the systems we have in place for having players ready and on call when ever the country needs them,we still have a amateurish approach to Football,we doing things based on what somebody else have done and not what works for our country.How other countries get their players when ever they want them?it's all because they have a 1,2,3/4 year plan so everybody knows in advance when players must be released.

T&T has a history of changing Coaches and is because we are looking for overnight/instant success,the successful teams are those that prepare long term,have a plan in place which everybody follows and sticks to it,my view also is that not all the blame should be put on Coaches the quality of our players must be improved if the standard is to be lifted.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 11:49:55 AM »
Coop's ah wonder if we may see an organization for coaches like FPATT?

Football Coaches Association Trinidad Tobago? FCATT

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 12:21:25 PM »
Coop's ah wonder if we may see an organization for coaches like FPATT?

Football Coaches Association Trinidad Tobago? FCATT
     I don't know if it was ever attempted before my time but when i was involved back in the eighties one was started but never got off the ground,it had men like Isa,Edie Hart,Sharkey Henry etc etc
     If you look at what going on with those club Coaches in the country there is nothing cordial about their relationships,they get at each other on and off the field,eventually they will have to have one it will definitely help the game,even if it's just to share ideas,my view is that recommendations for our national Coach should be submitted by an association like this for consideration.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 01:25:55 PM »
We are not alone:

Fabio Capello, welcome to the asylum

By Henry Winter, chief football correspondent
Last Updated: 12:09am GMT 05/01/2008
Page 1 of 2

Welcome to the mad-house, Fabio. Welcome to a world where the one England footballer you know, David Beckham, trains with French and Spanish speakers in Hertfordshire and plays with Americans in California. Welcome to a national sport where four England luminaries, John Terry, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard and Gary Neville, hobble around injured while a lesser light, Joey Barton, awaits trial.

Welcome, Fabio, to the land that sanity forgot, where the national football stadium is used for motor racing and where the airport departure lounges teem with players heading off for the African Cup of Nations. The arrivals halls throng with foreigners eyeing lucrative transfer-window moves.

As you will discover, Fabio, English football is as crazy as it is exciting. This is the country where the Footballer of the Year ended the country's interest in Euro 2004 and the 2006 World Cup. You'll see the wonderful Portuguese dream-weaver called Cristiano Ronaldo in action at Villa Park today.

In keeping with the manic, speed-obsessed realm you have entered, you are certainly cramming the matches in. In your first five days, you will take in four matches in two competitions that no other nation takes seriously, namely the domestic cups.

You start with a weekend of FA Cup frenzy, kicking off with Aston Villa versus Ronaldo's Manchester United, which at least gives you a chance to assess Gabriel Agbonlahor's promise and enjoy the sheer class of Wayne Rooney. And if you do go with a 4-2-3-1 formation, Villa's Gareth Barry and United's Owen Hargreaves could form your deep midfield. But be careful with long-term planning and building around individuals; the first English word you will learn is "metatarsal".

Maybe the FA are trying to make you feel at home, with an opening game at Spaghetti Junction, but the traffic will be grim. In England, cones are for motorways, not national training centres (which we don't have yet). Don't try taking the train to Birmingham, Fabio; they may put you on a bus at Nuneaton because of problems at Rugby. Rugby, by the way, is a sport the English are good at.

Tomorrow brings the delights of Luton Town against a Gerrard-less Liverpool. You can admire Jamie Carragher leading the visitors and defending as if his life depended on it but don't expect anything more than a polite nod afterwards. Sadly, Carragher has retired internationally as has that little midfield gem at United, Paul Scholes. Two of England's best footballers will not return your calls, Fabio. Sorry.

As you observe Carragher and a Liverpool team full of Spaniards battling along the road to Wembley, you will realise that the Twin Towers have been replaced by the tower of Babel. You will also become aware this is a country that wants underdogs to win. If you hear the sound of widespread cackling it will be because Middlesbrough have slipped up at Bristol City or Portsmouth have faltered at Ipswich Town.

Why not join the anticipated eight million TV audience for Newcastle United's nervy trip to tall, strong Stoke City tomorrow? One of the outside contenders for your job, Sam Allardyce, will be the one chewing everything from gum to his nails while one of the contenders for his job, Alan Shearer, passes judgement in the studio: welcome to football's X Factor.

The following morning brings your first day at Soho Square: glide impassively past the photographers and take the lift to the fourth floor. The room that looks as if the decorators keep coming in and out is the England manager's office.

Tuesday and Wednesday bring the semi-finals of the Carling Cup (football and beer, it's a long tradition in England, Fabio). Chelsea versus Everton is followed by Arsenal against Spurs. Expect fireworks. And a word of advice: watch Arsenal only in the cups as that is when they field their English players. Look out for Mark Randall, a promising midfielder born in Milton Keynes (where the cows are concrete and the local team comes from south London).
advertisement

After this five-day crash course in English football, you will appreciate why English players are physically drained by summer-time and also mentally ill-equipped for the more cerebral international football. Your job is to turn a collection of paint-ballers into chess grand masters.

But Fabio, you will find some decent players in the England dressing-room, and some more knocking on the door. If anyone can bring some sanity, and success, to the asylum of English football, you can. Good luck.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 02:30:35 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 03:17:43 PM »
There must be a merry-go-round in T&T Football because Coaches are never respected or can't command respect,every Coach is controlled and has to be told by his employers what to do,it will always have conflicts between members of our technical staff because egos often come into play,the who better than who mentality comes into play.

In T&T Coaches are not given enough time to prove themselves,all it takes is losing one game/tournament to be changed,how are these guys to gain any experience,have we ever asked ourselves how much better has foreign Coaches done than our locals(take out Benie),it's very difficult for our Coaches to be productive because of the systems we have in place for having players ready and on call when ever the country needs them,we still have a amateurish approach to Football,we doing things based on what somebody else have done and not what works for our country.How other countries get their players when ever they want them?it's all because they have a 1,2,3/4 year plan so everybody knows in advance when players must be released.

T&T has a history of changing Coaches and is because we are looking for overnight/instant success,the successful teams are those that prepare long term,have a plan in place which everybody follows and sticks to it,my view also is that not all the blame should be put on Coaches the quality of our players must be improved if the standard is to be lifted.

Interesting stuff Coop's
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 07:25:03 PM »
A coach's contractual obligation must be  very conditionally compiled. Which coach is has the most longevity coaching a national team?

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2008, 08:18:15 PM »
In terms of merry go round.. come bet Jackula, sorry TTFF, go run outta dullahs and and find a way to fire Maturana after de World Cup qualifiers if we doh qualify or after deCUp if we do. Eh heh? Remember dis thread. Loud steupssssss....
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 12:02:14 PM »
 How would people  assess the work of  coach Maturana to this point?  Note like Mr. B, this coach has also solicited the assistance of  his countrymen.

Do you think that he is getting significant results from the players  he has had to work with a this point?

Compared to his immediate predecessors (excluding Mr. B), does  Maturana seem to have a concrete plan for the developing and creating of a formidable TNT  team?

How would people characterize his coaching style compared to his predecessors?

For those who have seen the  last two games we played so far, are there any significant changes in our team's style of play or systems used?

How do you think the present coach is dealing with the challenges of coaching in TNT?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 08:30:53 PM »
what HAPPEN 'CAT BITE ALLYUH TONGUE' NO BODY HAVE ANY ASSESSMENT ON THE SUBJECT?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2008, 09:41:05 AM »
what HAPPEN 'CAT BITE ALLYUH TONGUE' NO BODY HAVE ANY ASSESSMENT ON THE SUBJECT?

nope.

Guess no one has an assessment on the subject.

Can the thread rest in peace now?

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2008, 11:07:17 AM »
Simple Answer-  Most third world countries suffer from this disease- NIH
 Not Invented Here.
 From a religious standpoint- Jesus said- A prophet has no honor in his own country.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 09:23:43 PM »
What people jumping to this already? and the wheel  goes round and round . same shit different pile different year.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Name ah Coach Thread ;-)
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2008, 10:34:15 AM »
The two names at the top of my list would be ZICO and VAN BASTEN

Who's your pick

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: PICK TNT'S NEXT COACH
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2008, 10:53:35 AM »
But Wait, Bertille, Corneal or TI not on the list. This poll is bogus!
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2008, 10:59:08 AM »
also missing:
russel latapy
lincoln philip

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2008, 11:07:04 AM »
Nakhid= The Canadian Trini- Latapy.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2008, 11:23:09 AM »
I would suggest finding another Beenhaker type  ,that we could pull off the Dutch scrap heap .Cause some of the choices are dreamable .But who ,an previous dutch national coach maybe
.Cause with beenie, I starting to feel we moving like ah man ,who get leave out by ah sweet thing ,and still begging she to come back 2 yrs later ,even doh she have a new man .

Also what about a mexican coach ....one who speaks english  ::) ,.......even doh somebody once said here the Mex hate us .
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 11:41:15 AM by Quagmire »

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2008, 11:43:42 AM »

You're being sarcastic right Bertille had us in a tailspin before DON LEO took over, Corneal's record ahem, laugh, cough, speaks for itself and who is TI again?

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2008, 11:47:00 AM »

You're being sarcastic right Bertille had us in a tailspin before DON LEO took over, Corneal's record ahem, laugh, cough, speaks for itself and who is TI again?

TI is Hardest Publicist.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2008, 11:50:41 AM »

TI is Hardest Publicist.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2008, 12:37:04 PM »
weak teams need strong coach  ;)

bruce arena

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2008, 12:38:46 PM »
weak teams need strong coach  ;)

bruce arena

LOL!   :rotfl:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2008, 12:40:15 PM »
ME!  :devil:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2008, 12:44:16 PM »
Ah like how man iz be quick tuh call Latapy name in de jump up... and not one soul could comment on his coaching competence......
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2008, 12:50:25 PM »
Ah like how man iz be quick tuh call Latapy name in de jump up... and not one soul could comment on his coaching competence......

if the setup and supporting staff around him is configured right, I for one would support Latapy as Manager despite whatever coaching credentials (or lack thereof) he brings to the table.

That could work..

you have a man who the entire nation and player pool look up to and adore steering the ship. You can't buy a personality like that and the level of respect he would bring to the table just because of who he is. I could see everyone being on the same page and trying to achieve the same goal playing for the manager. Petty differences could be put to one side.

That said, he must have a good supporting technical staff to buffer any lack of tactical abilities and expertise.

I think thats how it worked with Klinnsman, Rijkaard (for holland), Voeller, Bilic and a host of others on the international stage.

I for dat.

Offline TTR- 78 Batch

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2008, 01:02:51 PM »
Anybody ever give a though to what TERRY FENWICK could do with a TRINIDAD team. At least nobody wouldn't have to tell him who to pick

1]; } ?>