SVEN ERIKKSON
0 (0%)
MARCO VAN BASTEN
2 (4.2%)
Luiz Felipe Scolari
1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: September 25, 2008, 10:34:15 AM

Author Topic: Name ah Coach Thread ;-)  (Read 56225 times)

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Re: PICK TNT'S NEXT COACH
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2008, 01:20:41 PM »
Ah like how man iz be quick tuh call Latapy name in de jump up... and not one soul could comment on his coaching competence......

if the setup and supporting staff around him is configured right, I for one would support Latapy as Manager despite whatever coaching credentials (or lack thereof) he brings to the table.

That could work..

you have a man who the entire nation and player pool look up to and adore steering the ship. You can't buy a personality like that and the level of respect he would bring to the table just because of who he is. I could see everyone being on the same page and trying to achieve the same goal playing for the manager. Petty differences could be put to one side.

That said, he must have a good supporting technical staff to buffer any lack of tactical abilities and expertise.

I think thats how it worked with Klinnsman, Rijkaard (for holland), Voeller, Bilic and a host of others on the international stage.

I for dat.

I agree with you on that. I for one would love to see the trio of LATAS SHAKA AND YORKE at the helm
now that would be a strong technical team. SHAKA handling the keepers, Yorke second in command, Latas as head coach

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2008, 01:26:29 PM »
Anybody ever give a though to what TERRY FENWICK could do with a TRINIDAD team. At least nobody wouldn't have to tell him who to pick

that is a good point there
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2008, 02:31:04 PM »
Anybody ever give a though to what TERRY FENWICK could do with a TRINIDAD team. At least nobody wouldn't have to tell him who to pick

that is a good point there

Hmm, at least he knows T&T football pretty good. Still though, he's had so many run ins with the TTFF and others in the local football fraternity, I'm not sure. Still a good mention.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2008, 02:36:46 PM »
Ah like how man iz be quick tuh call Latapy name in de jump up... and not one soul could comment on his coaching competence......

if the setup and supporting staff around him is configured right, I for one would support Latapy as Manager despite whatever coaching credentials (or lack thereof) he brings to the table.

That could work..

you have a man who the entire nation and player pool look up to and adore steering the ship. You can't buy a personality like that and the level of respect he would bring to the table just because of who he is. I could see everyone being on the same page and trying to achieve the same goal playing for the manager. Petty differences could be put to one side.

That said, he must have a good supporting technical staff to buffer any lack of tactical abilities and expertise.

I think thats how it worked with Klinnsman, Rijkaard (for holland), Voeller, Bilic and a host of others on the international stage.

I for dat.

Yeah he has alot of the intangibles working in his favor, but you make a good point i.e. "if the set up is right".....

I'd love to see Latapy make the transition and succeed in doing so- but at this point I have no basis for it.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2008, 02:43:29 PM »
Wah about Yorke. The Prem now has 4 former Man U players as coaches. They seem to be hot property. Plus we all know Yorke's influence, leadership, and the respect he commands from the football fraternity. He is acquiring his coaching licenses.

If not now, he probably will be one for the not too distant future.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2008, 02:46:09 PM »
Johannes  Neeskens or Ronald Koeman would be good also
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 02:47:56 PM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2008, 03:09:18 PM »
I believe latas already has his coaching creds- he is assistant coach/manager whatever at his current club, and absolutely NOT fenwick. That man has no respect and no behaviour. I'llnever forget the clothesline he gave an opposing player at a game. saw it with my own eyes on TV.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2008, 03:17:11 PM »
Donadoni is availabe. I wish but on a more serious note Fenwick would be a much better option, imo, than anything we have locally including Cornmeal.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2008, 04:40:36 PM »
Beenhaker, without a doubt!  We know what he could do and has done.  The grass may actually be dry on the other side.  Beeny all the way!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2008, 04:49:44 PM »
Not d thug Fenick please
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
JW, TT WC PLAN and MATURANA
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2008, 09:34:00 PM »
Having the privilege of a FIFA VP in our organization, you would think that as a nation we would be a role model to all other couturiers with our preparation and organization for WC. But instead we are a joke.

This just shows that people like JW are clueless about the game and these kind of people gets into position through false pretense.

You think that Maturana don't know that we got a mickey mouse organization and to just grab the cash $ and run.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: JW, TT WC PLAN and MATURANA
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2008, 09:37:29 PM »
Yep take we oil money it flowin
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2008, 09:55:16 AM »

He might cuff dong de players if they doing shit . !
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2008, 10:00:06 AM »
Here we go again: The coaching Merry- go Round

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=33062.msg383464#msg383464

In a world of instant success; immediate results, and where football federations are hijacking fans and keeping them at ransom and $$$$$$$ are disappearing faster than leaders, coaches seem to be the biggest SCAPEGOATS.

WHAT do we really want in a coach?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 10:04:41 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2008, 10:13:08 AM »
I see a number of people have been choosing BEENHAKER and the only reason I did not pick him is, "WHY AND WHAT"

WHY WOULD BEENIE COME  BACK
WHY WOULD HE WANT TO DEAL WITH JACK
WHY WOULD HE TAKE OVER THE PRESENT SQUAD WTIHOUT USING THE FOREIGN BASED PLAYERS

WHAT INCENTIVE DOES BEENIE HAVE TO RETURN
WHAT IF POLAND EXTEND HIS TENURE TO THE WORLD CUP

I think we should forget about Beenie because I don't see him in our future. I did forget KLINSMAN however. How come more people did not pick ZICO? I  think Zico would be a great coach, look how he had the Japs playing. Van Basten would also be great, don't judge what happened in the EURO, he has a long line of experience coming out of the AJAX system all the way to the National Team and his discipline and no nonsense approach is exactly what we need
Now look, it's unrealistic to think we could win the World Cup but these guys can get us there

Offline THETRUFF

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2008, 01:04:06 PM »
I think that Fenwick may be a good choice.....

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2008, 01:36:12 PM »

That could work..

I for dat.

I agree with you on that. I for one would love to see the trio of LATAS SHAKA AND YORKE at the helm
now that would be a strong technical team. SHAKA handling the keepers, Yorke second in command, Latas as head coach

Fenwick is a kaka hole.

I would like to see Yorke, Latas and Shaka running all of TnT football.
Yorke as Technical Director
Latas as Coach and
Shaka as head of the TTFF

we would be in good business, a bright future.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2008, 02:15:15 PM »
As a man said in another thread Bruce Arena would be an excellent prospect.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2008, 02:24:34 PM »

Bruce Arena has no respect for our footballing ability and does not posess the patience I believe to work down here.

He might cuff dong de players if they doing shit . !

Some of them may need that.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2008, 02:33:32 PM »
I see a number of people have been choosing BEENHAKER and the only reason I did not pick him is, "WHY AND WHAT"

WHY WOULD BEENIE COME  BACK
WHY WOULD HE WANT TO DEAL WITH JACK
WHY WOULD HE TAKE OVER THE PRESENT SQUAD WTIHOUT USING THE FOREIGN BASED PLAYERS

WHAT INCENTIVE DOES BEENIE HAVE TO RETURN
WHAT IF POLAND EXTEND HIS TENURE TO THE WORLD CUP

I think we should forget about Beenie because I don't see him in our future. I did forget KLINSMAN however. How come more people did not pick ZICO? I  think Zico would be a great coach, look how he had the Japs playing. Van Basten would also be great, don't judge what happened in the EURO, he has a long line of experience coming out of the AJAX system all the way to the National Team and his discipline and no nonsense approach is exactly what we need
Now look, it's unrealistic to think we could win the World Cup but these guys can get us there
dont you think that what you say about Beenie should also apply to EVERY coach we may want as our dream coach
just asking eh
I am starting to wonder what Mats really doing here in truth...the money must be damn good for he to allow Jackula and Cornmeals to call the shots
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 02:51:17 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2008, 04:10:56 PM »

Bruce Arena has no respect for our footballing ability and does not posess the patience I believe to work down here.

Why do you say that? where's the evidence to suggest likewise?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 04:22:42 PM by MEP »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2008, 04:40:21 PM »
....hhhhhmmmmm...I iffy bout Fenwick.....he too thug life-ish.....

Ahem...the correct team name is TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO....if dat too long, type T&T.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2008, 04:44:46 PM »
Girl Fenick dat thug eh coachin nobody Trinidad or Trinidad and Tobago left he wit Jabloteh

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2008, 04:53:27 PM »

Why do you say that? where's the evidence to suggest likewise?

I myself did suggest Arena, but he did have some less than flattering things to say bout T&T jus before the 2006WC.
I would hope that an interview with him would really reveal his thoughts about us as a potential employer with the chance to make a difference and make changes as opposed to us as CONCACAF competition.

so while i still think he could get the guys fit and working hard as a team, it would be if and only IF he didnt come in with an attitude.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2008, 09:24:49 AM »
 This topic is of some  interest in the fact that  the criteria for a coach is one that appears to be one based on reputation. But what  is the criteria  for a coach for TNT? What does it take for a coach to be successful in this context? and what would we want from a coach in TNT?

For some the answer may be relatively simple: get us to the WC.  Easier said than done. I am suggesting that we formulate a  profile of what  a coach ought to bring to the table o coach our national team.

I attempted the following here:

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=18636.0

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2008, 09:58:53 AM »

Well, we might actually be able to get Jabloteh players for the "meaningless friendlies"...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2008, 10:50:37 AM »
This topic is of some  interest in the fact that  the criteria for a coach is one that appears to be one based on reputation. But what  is the criteria  for a coach for TNT? What does it take for a coach to be successful in this context? and what would we want from a coach in TNT?

For some the answer may be relatively simple: get us to the WC.  Easier said than done. I am suggesting that we formulate a  profile of what  a coach ought to bring to the table o coach our national team.

I attempted the following here:

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=18636.0

The ability to down three double before practice  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2008, 08:48:57 AM »
I cannot believe Latas is not included as an option on the poll.

From all reports - the team seems to lack motivation and pride in the colors -

Nothing like having the team under the charge of a legend, as long as the staff is also strong.  I say Latas and Gally.   To bring back pride and not to mention people - back in the seats....

Imagine playing a WC qualifier in front of 1000 people!!!! There are more than that at college league games!

"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2008, 09:38:11 AM »
I cannot believe Latas is not included as an option on the poll.

From all reports - the team seems to lack motivation and pride in the colors -

Nothing like having the team under the charge of a legend, as long as the staff is also strong.  I say Latas and Gally.   To bring back pride and not to mention people - back in the seats....

Imagine playing a WC qualifier in front of 1000 people!!!! There are more than that at college league games!

It isn't like de team have any world beaters ....man weighing up value for money options here you know. Remember football is in competition with other sports and activities for, in many cases , a fixed sum of money. Who people really going to see is the question ....
But I take your point about bringing back pride to the team and in my view there is none better than Gally Cummings to do that.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2008, 03:07:04 PM »
for all the chelsea lovers bandwagonist

avram grant

1]; } ?>