SVEN ERIKKSON
0 (0%)
MARCO VAN BASTEN
2 (4.2%)
Luiz Felipe Scolari
1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: September 25, 2008, 10:34:15 AM

Author Topic: Name ah Coach Thread ;-)  (Read 56277 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF's coaching merry-go-round.
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2008, 01:41:15 PM »
'The more we are together the merrier we would be'
Here we go again in the continuing saga of ' Change that Coach' This must be the TTFF longest running soap opera.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2008, 04:20:05 PM »
 Is the latest move good for TNT or for JW political aspirations?

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2008, 04:41:30 PM »
ah friend of mine who is Colombian was tell me that Colombia used to hire coaches from other south american country until the standard of play reach to par...then they start hiring their own country as TD and coaches to run there program...so i guess for us we have to do the same thing

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2008, 01:04:18 AM »
ah friend of mine who is Colombian was tell me that Colombia used to hire coaches from other south american country until the standard of play reach to par...then they start hiring their own country as TD and coaches to run there program...so i guess for us we have to do the same thing
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How would this benefit us?

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2008, 05:31:17 PM »
that the standard of play by professional and intercol players.... and  dew to the standard of local coaching so the professional and intercol players  level of play move up step by step so went they reach international level they up to par...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2009, 09:25:26 PM »

well dahis magic ... lift the standard of play and then insert local coach ... yuh friend assessment missing a step or two.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2009, 06:30:29 PM »
We could all speculate all we want about the coming of the next 'messiah to save TNT football' but until we really examine the selection process, the quality of  a coach who understands TnT an agreed upon plan for this coach everything else is just a flipping 'merry go round'
SAME TATA DIFFERENT PILE!

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
New Coach for T&T Men's Senior Team
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2010, 08:15:23 AM »
This morning on his daily "One Minute" segment on i95.5fm Andre Baptiste said that he has info that two coaches (one English, one Dutch) have already been interviewed for the position of National Coach & that the intention is that the coach will be in place for the Gold Cup once T&T qualifies.
He also said that it is no coincidence that the interviewees are from England & Holland whose countries are both vying for the hosting of the 2018 World Cup.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 09:01:20 AM by soccerrama »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: New Coach for T&T Men's Senior Team
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2010, 08:23:19 AM »
once latas there, we aint going no Gold Cup
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2010, 08:30:13 AM »

Lets keep our expectations realistic & hope & prayer we could qualify from the group stage into the finals of the Digicel!

One step at a time! When we get there (Digicel Finals) then we could starting thinking bout if we can win it & qualify for the Gold Cup!    ;)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 08:33:10 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2010, 08:36:53 AM »
The little magician has one yet trick up his sleeve .

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2010, 08:45:57 AM »

Lets keep our expectations realistic & hope & prayer we could qualify from the group stage into the finals of the Digicel!

One step at a time! When we get there (Digicel Finals) then we could starting thinking bout if we can win it & qualify for the Gold Cup!    ;)

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNNN baby steps
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2010, 08:53:20 AM »
I was waiting for the day this thread come....
But until I see names, is only talk.
whey boy!

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2010, 09:00:31 AM »
I don't doubt the info. It's the way Jack seems to work.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2010, 09:01:43 AM »
The little magician has one yet trick up his sleeve .
what, the disapearing act?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2010, 09:18:18 AM »
John Barnes = next T&T coach.  ::)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2010, 09:20:22 AM »

We doh wah no more inexperienced coaches RF! I know yuh wishing that on we doh!

Thanks but no thanks!  ::)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2010, 09:20:33 AM »
I'm all in favour of Latas being replaced as coach...but the timing of this announcement/revelation is horrible. If Latas knows that he will no longer have a job after the Digicel Cup, what is his incentive for doing well in that competition and qualifying for the Gold Cup?? That's a big risk the TTFF is taking here...

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2010, 09:26:09 AM »

What do you mean by inexperience coach? Barnes coached Jamaica in games vs Nigeria (1-1) and he also lead Jamaica to the last digicel Caribbean cup title. That man well experienced. Also, dont forget he coached at Celtic  8)

Fun and jokes aside, the TTFF is an amateur federation at best. First they released Latapy's salary to the public, then they are reportedly interviewing potential candidates under the quiet. Add to that the latest fiasco with T&T Guvment issuing a public warning to the coach. Any self-respecting coach from Europe or anywhere else in the footballing world will look at these events as "dolly-house" behavior by the Federation.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 09:30:45 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2010, 09:26:42 AM »
I'm all in favour of Latas being replaced as coach...but the timing of this announcement/revelation is horrible. If Latas knows that he will no longer have a job after the Digicel Cup, what is his incentive for doing well in that competition and qualifying for the Gold Cup?? That's a big risk the TTFF is taking here...

Is Andre Baptiste the TTFF? This is just rumour & speculation right now!

As for incentive Latas better do his best & try to win the damn Caribbean Cup and make everyone eat cow or he will be replaced as he has been given that target up front!

If Latas wins the Caribbean Cup & is given some help or asked to assist a more experienced coach in T&T winning the Gold Cup and turning things around in time for World Qualifiers then so be it! The head coach job is not one for the weak-hearted!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2010, 09:29:44 AM »

He take a wuk wit these people and he know how dey does operate.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2010, 09:32:51 AM »

What do you mean by inexperience coach? Barnes coached Jamaica in games vs Nigeria (1-1) and he also lead Jamaica to the last digicel Caribbean cup title. That man well experienced. Also, dont forget he coached at Celtic  8)

Fun and jokes aside, the TTFF is an amateur federation at best. First they released Latapy's salary to the public, then they are reportedly interviewing potential candidates under the quiet. Add to that the latest fiasco with T&T Guvment issuing a public warning to the coach. Any self-respecting coach from Europe or anywhere else in the footballing world will look at these events as "dolly-house" behavior by the Federation.

True but if you need Jack's support for hosting the 2018 World Cup and have been told to do what's best for our chances you will be willing to overlook them small thing!!  ;)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2010, 09:46:01 AM »
Wha alyuh feel Gullit and Beckham did really come for the other day?

Check back meh post...I call dat shot long time.

wait...maybe Baptiste take meh post serious.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2010, 09:59:22 AM »

True but if you need Jack's support for hosting the 2018 World Cup and have been told to do what's best for our chances you will be willing to overlook them small thing!!  ;)

so lets Say that England Sends Glenn Hoddle to coach T&T in return for JW promising them the world cup. Further, Let us say that Hoddle (with Latapy as his assistant) takes T&T to the Gold Cup and end up being bamboozled and sent packing early. What now brown cow? Does that affect Englands chances of being awarded the finals? My point should be clearer now.

On second thought: Isnt Terry Fenwick English?  

« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 10:03:53 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
For all the dreamers on the site...
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2010, 10:16:26 AM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/9109929.stm

Frank Rijkaard leaves post as Galatasaray coach

Rijkaard led Barcelona to Champions League success in 2006
Galatasaray coach Frank Rijkaard has left the club by mutual consent.
The Dutchman led the Turkish side to third place in the league last season but they have struggled this term.
A club statement read: "As of October 20 2010, coach Frank Rijkaard and assistant coach Johan Neeskens have left the club by mutual consent."
Ex-Barcelona boss Rijkaard has been linked to Liverpool, although the Reds' new owners have backed manager Roy Hodgson, despite the club's poor form.
New England Sports Ventures (NESV) said they had confidence in Hodgson ahead of last Sunday's Merseyside derby, but Everton's 2-0 win leaves the Reds one off the bottom of the Premier League table.

606: DEBATE
Where next for Frank Rijkaard?
Rijkaard was appointed Galatasaray coach in June 2009 but leaves with the club lying ninth in the Turkish Super Lig, having picked up only 12 points from their opening eight games. They also failed to reach the group stages of the Europa League.
After a glittering playing career, Rijkaard was appointed Netherlands coach in 1998, leading his team to the semi-finals of Euro 2000, where they lost to Italy on penalties.
After a disastrous spell at Sparta Rotterdam, where they suffered relegation during his only season in charge, Rijkaard was appointed Barcelona coach in 2003.
In a five-year spell at the Nou Camp, he led the Catalan giants to two La Liga titles and a Champions League triumph in 2006 with a 2-1 win over Arsenal in the final at the Stade de France.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2010, 10:24:49 AM »
NO ENGLISH COACH !!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2010, 10:31:58 AM »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2010, 10:40:41 AM »
The nationality doesn't matter. We need a coach who can instill discipline and organise the defence better. We need to get better at not losing, then we could worry about the stylistic stuff.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 03:56:06 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2010, 11:10:10 AM »
Oh gawd oh!!!!! all the time man want to get rid of Latas,but the same men only hear JW/TTFF interview a couple Cocahes they done start to speculate,is ah set of ifs and buts and feeling sorry for Latas.What alyu panicking about is only ah rumour Latas job safe he will be an assistant Coach,is alyu that say he eh qualified,ah man even say next four years he will be ready,at least now he will have time to coach a club team.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2010, 12:48:10 PM »
NO ENGLISH COACH !!

Why not??

Terry Fenwick has done a magnificent job @ Jabloteh
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

1]; } ?>