SVEN ERIKKSON
0 (0%)
MARCO VAN BASTEN
2 (4.2%)
Luiz Felipe Scolari
1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: September 25, 2008, 10:34:15 AM

Author Topic: Name ah Coach Thread ;-)  (Read 56215 times)

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New Coach for T&T Men's Senior Team
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2010, 01:40:15 PM »
Keep squeezin dem balls jack!
Hart for president

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2010, 02:21:49 PM »
once latas there, we aint going no Gold Cup
lets pray the haitians, cubans, jamaicans and grenadians send there women team to the caribbean cup

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2010, 02:28:36 PM »
once latas there, we aint going no Gold Cup
lets pray the haitians, cubans, jamaicans and grenadians send there women team to the caribbean cup
U really think those two pose a threat?? I think we'll have our game right by then. Its about time we start putting teams in their places. This "playing" has gone on for too long. We'll win the DCC and then Latas will be on his bike.... :rotfl:  :rotfl:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: For all the dreamers on the site...
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2010, 02:31:04 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/9109929.stm

Frank Rijkaard leaves post as Galatasaray coach

Rijkaard led Barcelona to Champions League success in 2006
Galatasaray coach Frank Rijkaard has left the club by mutual consent.
The Dutchman led the Turkish side to third place in the league last season but they have struggled this term.
A club statement read: "As of October 20 2010, coach Frank Rijkaard and assistant coach Johan Neeskens have left the club by mutual consent."
Ex-Barcelona boss Rijkaard has been linked to Liverpool, although the Reds' new owners have backed manager Roy Hodgson, despite the club's poor form.
New England Sports Ventures (NESV) said they had confidence in Hodgson ahead of last Sunday's Merseyside derby, but Everton's 2-0 win leaves the Reds one off the bottom of the Premier League table.

606: DEBATE
Where next for Frank Rijkaard?
Rijkaard was appointed Galatasaray coach in June 2009 but leaves with the club lying ninth in the Turkish Super Lig, having picked up only 12 points from their opening eight games. They also failed to reach the group stages of the Europa League.
After a glittering playing career, Rijkaard was appointed Netherlands coach in 1998, leading his team to the semi-finals of Euro 2000, where they lost to Italy on penalties.
After a disastrous spell at Sparta Rotterdam, where they suffered relegation during his only season in charge, Rijkaard was appointed Barcelona coach in 2003.
In a five-year spell at the Nou Camp, he led the Catalan giants to two La Liga titles and a Champions League triumph in 2006 with a 2-1 win over Arsenal in the final at the Stade de France.
FYI, he's leaving galatasaray to take up the liverpool job, not coach some underachieving team in an insignificant confederation.

if any dutch coach is to take this job, it will be rud gullet.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 02:33:03 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2010, 03:45:08 PM »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2010, 06:07:11 PM »
The little magician has one yet trick up his sleeve .
what, the disapearing act?
What yah eat ah  ,bulb ? How yah so bright  ;D

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2010, 06:20:33 PM »
Wha alyuh feel Gullit and Beckham did really come for the other day?

Check back meh post...I call dat shot long time.

wait...maybe Baptiste take meh post serious.

Gullitt busy working for Al Jazeera Sports channel and is due in Brazil to help the Dutch/Belgian bid.

Beckham would not want to stop playing yet. 

But there are plenty Dutch & English coaches available and although it is against bid rules, I could imagine the bid teams secretly funding a coach for T&T

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2010, 06:27:12 PM »
GIVE WE A GERMAN COACH! dais what we need some discipline
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2010, 09:35:05 AM »
most likely gullit look set to take over, it may be an excellent move by us, i was hoping for ruud to get some experience under his belt but it is a big step up from latas.

please no english coach, i would prefer german but that doesnt seem to be happening.

it will be dutch, the question is who though

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2010, 10:20:52 AM »
most likely gullit look set to take over, it may be an excellent move by us, i was hoping for ruud to get some experience under his belt but it is a big step up from latas.

please no english coach, i would prefer german but that doesnt seem to be happening.

How u so sure it will be a big step up from Latas? Yes Ruud has coached a few big teams, but his overall performance as a manager is far from stellar.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2010, 12:13:02 PM »
Europeans too expensive, and may not be able to teach a suitable style for CONCACAF play.  I'm sure a South American coach can give us what we need.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2010, 12:41:49 PM »
Europeans too expensive, and may not be able to teach a suitable style for CONCACAF play.  I'm sure a South American coach can give us what we need.

wwwwwhhhhhhaaaaaattt????!!!  Look what Maradona do to Argentina!!  Oh wait, Maradona was not a coach....OK carry on then.... :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2010, 12:47:43 PM »

Huh! So Beenie was from where?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2010, 12:54:14 PM »

ent...this forum is real kix...i think Ricardo Gomes would be a good coach, a brazilian with good experience who incorporates the european style of play but we jumping too far ahead of ourselves...latas is still de coach.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2010, 01:15:08 PM »

Well I used the phrase "MAY not be able to" for a reason.
Beenie's coaching worked, but we couldn't afford him for any extended period of time.
Hiring him was a stop-gap measure that fortunately worked, but we need more than a stop-gap, we need a coach to develop our team.  That takes time and a lot of money if we goin European.

So assuming we have the money now, we need to focus on finding a coach with the skills to fix our team.
Rijkaard accustomed to workin with top players, yuh think he or Gullit able with the likes of our players?

And maybe some of you don't realise but many non-European coaches have been bussin our asses in CONCACAF for a long time.

Anyway I know allyuh along with JW love a European so continue the Euro-worship, Euro is de only way to go!

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2010, 01:20:00 PM »
we need an american coach.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2010, 02:42:54 PM »

How u so sure it will be a big step up from Latas? Yes Ruud has coached a few big teams, but his overall performance as a manager is far from stellar.

hes a friend of the family, he relates to players and has grown in experience and strategy. far above that of latas.

if ruud doesnt get the job another capable dutch coach will, i am sure of that our program will be turned around and tt will be back at the top of the region.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2010, 03:06:06 PM »
Before we think about national football philosophy lets try to get a coach with good qualities. We could argue forever about which style is the best. We could end up getting a shithong from a country with a real good style of coaching.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2010, 03:23:35 PM »
South American
What dat have to do with CONCACAF?

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 21, 2010, 03:33:19 PM »

hes a friend of the family, he relates to players and has grown in experience and strategy. far above that of latas.

if ruud doesnt get the job another capable dutch coach will, i am sure of that our program will be turned around and tt will be back at the top of the region.

You really feel Ruud wwant to take up a coaching job of TT national team......................really  ??? ???

:rotfl:

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 21, 2010, 03:34:32 PM »
South American
What dat have to do with CONCACAF?

About as much as Dutch and English.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 21, 2010, 03:59:16 PM »
I would not mind Frank being the coach.He coached both Holland and Brarca. So he has the experience.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 21, 2010, 04:32:04 PM »
Talk allyuh talk but any coach who is handed de shit sandwich that is TNT football would be handed just that ....a shit sandwich...so no matter how much pepper and ketchup yuh put on it...it is still a shit sandwich.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 21, 2010, 04:44:58 PM »
Talk allyuh talk but any coach who is handed de shit sandwich that is TNT football would be handed just that ....a shit sandwich...so no matter how much pepper and ketchup yuh put on it...it is still a shit sandwich.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

We don't need a coach, we need an alchemist. 
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 21, 2010, 04:47:56 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl:  True....but remember, shit is used to fertilize the fields on which lush gardens grow...we have nuff shit...all we need now is a good farmer  ;) ;)

Just keeping it positive  ;D

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 21, 2010, 04:53:50 PM »
 As you all know the deep dissapointment and grief latas have bought upon this nation to where people actually starting to beleive to themselves that we are not good enough and our players are not worthy.

Let me put this as clear as possible, I rather have Bertile back as head coach.

And latas expecting an assistant coach role so he can screw us over even more if a new coach is appointed, really who in their rite minds will want to work with him after all the bloody rubbishness he been doing since taking up the job.

If latas get an assistant coach role, I am sure the same results will follow
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 04:56:59 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF's coaching merry-go-round.
« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2011, 08:30:55 PM »
I read where  Mr. A. Corneal alluded to what I mentioned about a process for  selecting a coach. Nice...naming a coach now is like  trying to furnish the house before you plan or build the house.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 19, 2011, 08:16:36 AM »

Ruud Gullit joins Terek Grozny
By ESPNsoccernet staff

Former L.A. Galaxy manager Ruud Gullit has made the shock decision to join Russian Premier League side Terek Grozny as coach.

Gullit signed an 18-month contract with the club, who finished 12th in the league last season behind eventual winners Zenit St Petersburg, and could even continue in the role by signing an extension at the end of the deal.

The Dutchman, who previously managed Chelsea, Newcastle and Feyenoord and has also appeared as a football pundit on television, has been set the target of a top-eight finish next season by club president Ramzan Kadyrov.

Terek is based in the formerly wartorn province of Chechnya in the south of the country and Gullit takes over from Anatoly Baidachny who was in charge of the side for only one season.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 19, 2011, 11:36:22 AM »

By ESPNsoccernet staff

Former L.A. Galaxy manager Ruud Gullit has made the shock decision to join Russian Premier League side Terek Grozny as coach.

Gullit signed an 18-month contract with the club, who finished 12th in the league last season behind eventual winners Zenit St Petersburg, and could even continue in the role by signing an extension at the end of the deal.

The Dutchman, who previously managed Chelsea, Newcastle and Feyenoord and has also appeared as a football pundit on television, has been set the target of a top-eight finish next season by club president Ramzan Kadyrov.

Terek is based in the formerly wartorn province of Chechnya in the south of the country and Gullit takes over from Anatoly Baidachny who was in charge of the side for only one season.

So scratch he name of d list.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 19, 2011, 11:56:50 AM »

By ESPNsoccernet staff

So scratch he name of d list.

The only person with he on the list was TI, and that is as much as needs to be said about that.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

1]; } ?>