SVEN ERIKKSON
0 (0%)
MARCO VAN BASTEN
2 (4.2%)
Luiz Felipe Scolari
1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: September 25, 2008, 10:34:15 AM

Author Topic: Name ah Coach Thread ;-)  (Read 56258 times)

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who will be T&T's next coach thread (2011).
« Reply #150 on: February 03, 2011, 02:35:50 PM »
Neeskins will do just fine once he's aware that he basically has to develop our players. We have players that are talented but not the finished product. We need someone that will be willing and able to groom our players.

While Pfister may be better suited to deal with the TTFF and such I don't think he will be better suited to 'mold" a team at this point. At over 70 it aint right to even put ah man through that. It surely will be his last team.
Plus I could see Pfister using Latas as an assistant more, just for the simple fact of doing the leg work.

Neeskins will probably use Latas services less as he would want to stamp his name and brand on the team. He have good experience, not the same experience as Pfister but he have the experience we need right now.

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 03, 2011, 03:14:48 PM »
A coach should be selected by his performance. If Neeskens has been around this long and the rest of the world haven't given him the opportunity to be head coach at a high level maybe there are some poor scouting reports on his ability to be a top coach.

One of the big problems is for a new coach to get a good evaluation on all the players due to a lack of training time with the players. There is such a fine line with selecting players which can make the difference between winning and losing. This is one reason you need a coach that a proven winner cause he knows "shithouds" and "Pullstones" players and a good coach don't waste time with these kind of players!

Anyways I wish him the best of luck and I hope he can get TT to play a Dutch style and be one of the top team in CONCACAF!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #152 on: February 03, 2011, 03:58:46 PM »
A coach should be selected by his performance. If Neeskens has been around this long and the rest of the world haven't given him the opportunity to be head coach at a high level maybe there are some poor scouting reports on his ability to be a top coach.

One of the big problems is for a new coach to get a good evaluation on all the players due to a lack of training time with the players. There is such a fine line with selecting players which can make the difference between winning and losing. This is one reason you need a coach that a proven winner cause he knows "shithouds" and "Pullstones" players and a good coach don't waste time with these kind of players!

Anyways I wish him the best of luck and I hope he can get TT to play a Dutch style and be one of the top team in CONCACAF!

exactly, some very good points.

kneeskens has no evidence to prove he will make a good head coach, just because he assisted frank and hiddink doesn't mean that it automatically qualifies him as a great head coach to lead us to brazil.

i question this choice, once again, pfister was a better option

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 03, 2011, 05:59:55 PM »
Wim was ever a head coach before us? In my opinion we didnt look too terrible under him, so lets see what this guy has to offer. Btw...when they hire a coach isn't there usually some sort of press conference??
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 09:04:08 PM by fitzinho »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 04, 2011, 12:55:59 AM »

kneeskens has no evidence to prove he will make a good head coach, just because he assisted frank and hiddink doesn't mean that it automatically qualifies him as a great head coach to lead us to brazil.

Breds, yuh see that what yuh talking, it have no real merit. as ah matter of fact, there's little basis for your argument. i really annoyed tuh open the thread and see so much ppl bitchin about the new coach.

remember is four yrs the TTFF suffer we, from blacklist to latas, allyuh eh glad we gettin ah lil glimmer of hope ? @ least now we could sit down and watch some sensible football in peace without having tuh worry about utter embarrassment (hopefully)  :praying:.

TI , a coaches WC record eh have nothing tuh do wid nothing ! Pfister could tek the whole globe to the WC, that don't mean he woulda tek us. the neesken guy also have an impressive record, he worked with/ under rijkard @ milan , barca, and galatasary, plus he also coached with a dutch eridivise team as well as a national team under hiddink.

trust meh, this guy might be better for us since he has something to prove by steppin out on his own on the international scene. ppl who have something to prove will work harder, instill more discipline, and they give their all. ah man who could get a work anywhere does go on lackadaisical.

right now, the only thing that separate our boys from the players in the rest of the region is discipline, fitness, and work rate, and i think a fella who trying to improve his career would bring that to the table quicker than a journeyman coach who let his record speak for itself.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 04, 2011, 05:31:53 AM »

Breds, yuh see that what yuh talking, it have no real merit. as ah matter of fact, there's little basis for your argument. i really annoyed tuh open the thread and see so much ppl bitchin about the new coach.

remember is four yrs the TTFF suffer we, from blacklist to latas, allyuh eh glad we gettin ah lil glimmer of hope ? @ least now we could sit down and watch some sensible football in peace without having tuh worry about utter embarrassment (hopefully)  :praying:.

TI , a coaches WC record eh have nothing tuh do wid nothing ! Pfister could tek the whole globe to the WC, that don't mean he woulda tek us. the neesken guy also have an impressive record, he worked with/ under rijkard @ milan , barca, and galatasary, plus he also coached with a dutch eridivise team as well as a national team under hiddink.

trust meh, this guy might be better for us since he has something to prove by steppin out on his own on the international scene. ppl who have something to prove will work harder, instill more discipline, and they give their all. ah man who could get a work anywhere does go on lackadaisical.

right now, the only thing that separate our boys from the players in the rest of the region is discipline, fitness, and work rate, and i think a fella who trying to improve his career would bring that to the table quicker than a journeyman coach who let his record speak for itself.

Just Cool nah man... we understand the last 4 years of abuse and for an avid supporter, die hard... it must have been more than difficult. To now though make it sound like healthy discussion about who better suited for the wok cant be seen as misery. Pussonaly when I read Pfister stats and ah dont just mean de numbers but the who's and how's as well, the man seems a better fit for our team. Everyone have a bias, mine is the fact that I feel under Pfister, we may be able to play a more attractive brand taking into consideration, our whinning/dribbling abilities that seem to come natural to our people. But yuh cya get vex with we for liking one dude over de next. Ah know yuh want to put it behind yuh already. Once its not Latas right?
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 04, 2011, 07:34:34 AM »
Is this appointment even confirmed yet? The Guardian, which usually gets sports news later than other news outlets, all of a sudden getting all the exclusives and top sports stories.  ???

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 04, 2011, 07:55:36 AM »
Is this appointment even confirmed yet? The Guardian, which usually gets sports news later than other news outlets, all of a sudden getting all the exclusives and top sports stories.  ???

exactly they not even naming they sources, just throwing names all over the place
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #158 on: February 04, 2011, 01:19:33 PM »

exactly they not even naming they sources, just throwing names all over the place

next thing yuh hear quieroz is the coach  :D

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 04, 2011, 03:27:37 PM »
Allyuh fans letting the TTFF take allyuh on a "Who will be the next top coach?" ride!

I not taking the bait!

When our World Cup players get their 2006 World Cup bonus money then and only them I MAY start taking the TTFF seriously!

But allyuh is suckers for taking basket and allowing TTFF to play with allyuh emotions, allyuh could go ahead and indulge in the pointless speculation! 

Ah bess coach coming and we going Brazil!  :violin:

In the meantime Grenada goes pass us the the FIFA rankings and goes to another Gold Cup after knocking us out for the second time in a row!

« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 03:39:14 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 04, 2011, 07:01:47 PM »
Not confirmed. TTFF placing ads for Coaching position in papers...............so everything thus far is pure speculation............from Guardian too.

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 04, 2011, 11:20:46 PM »
Hmm maybe they should interview the Grenada coach

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dutchman Neeskens to coach Warriors
« Reply #162 on: February 05, 2011, 08:59:03 AM »
good i wanted a dutch coach

So the "all those in favour of a Dutch coach, say aye" group now have a membership of two (you and Brownsugar).  When is allyuh first meeting?   :devil:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
where the thread for we new coach
« Reply #163 on: February 06, 2011, 02:19:26 PM »
It looks like he have good past experience but he is not a proven coach.

lets see how he shakes things up

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: where the thread for we new coach
« Reply #164 on: February 06, 2011, 05:48:28 PM »
Yuh late KND!!
Most of us here already realise that the TTFF have been mamaguying we and there is no new coach of any decent calibre on the horizon or even applying for the job knowing that the TTFF is broke and have a lawsuit to worry about!

No decent coach coming here until our 2006 World Cup players get their bonus money sorted and the Russians decide to run some roubles to Jack in repayment for the BIG favour!!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 06, 2011, 06:27:23 PM »
Yuh late KND!!
Most of us here already realise that the TTFF have been mamaguying we and there is no new coach of any decent calibre on the horizon or even applying for the job knowing that the TTFF is broke and have a lawsuit to worry about!

No decent coach coming here until our 2006 World Cup players get their bonus money sorted and the Russians decide to run some roubles to Jack in repayment for the BIG favour!!  ;)
Well if what you saying is correct, there's no decent coach coming ever BC the  TTFF is not gonna pay those guys.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 06, 2011, 06:34:59 PM »
Yuh late KND!!

Well if what you saying is correct, there's no decent coach coming ever BC the  TTFF is not gonna pay those guys.

So be it!!
Hopefully yuh now understand that is mamaguyism and basket passing!!
The court have ordered the TTFF to open the books and settle the bonus issue with the players and until that is sorted no decent coach in his right mind who demand a decent wage coming here!

For goodness sake the TTFF apparently owing RL a year's salary!
They cannot get rid of him until he is paid!!
RL will be assistant to some desperate coach who willing to endure the TTFF and work for small change!!

They will have to pay our World Cup players in the end even if some of them have to sell they house!  ;)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 06:37:24 PM by Socapro »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Mamaguile and missteps
« Reply #167 on: February 07, 2011, 05:22:57 AM »
Mamaguile and missteps
By Fazeer Mohammed (T&T Express)

Excerpt from http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Mamaguile_and_missteps-115452259.html

Nor should those at the helm of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation be in any rush to clarify the mixed and very confusing signals being sent out over the appointment of a new head coach of the senior national men's team.

Amid all sorts of speculation over the person to succeed Russell Latapy, an ad appeared in the Trinidad Guardian on Friday inviting nationals of this country to apply for the posts of national coach and assistant coaches of the senior men's national team, with Friday, February 18 set as the deadline for the receipt of applications.

But if any of the speculation is to be believed, a decision has already been made to go with a high-profile foreigner, with IETV apparently jumping the gun in their news report on Saturday evening in which it was claimed that the TTFF's own website had indicated that former Dutch midfield star Johann Neeskens is the man to be charged with the task of resurrecting a squad that has been on a downward slide for four-and-a-half years.

For the record, TTFF media officer Shaun Fuentes denied flatly that any such information was posted, while a check of the website yesterday had nothing to say on the matter. Was it removed hastily (there was a gap at the top of the homepage before other stories appeared) or was it just a figment of the imagination of some mischievous soul at IETV?

Even if that question were to remain unanswered, who in his (or her) right mind will apply for a position that requires the successful applicant to "Be willing to cooperate with the Technical Committee for the TTFF and to implement all appropriate instructions he/she may receive in accordance with his/her job description?"

So is a yes man (or yes woman) that they want then? Or is this merely being done for show, so that when the pre-determined appointee is to be revealed, no-one can say that locals weren't given a fair chance?

As with so many things in this integrity-forsaken place, the ability to speak out in defence of what is right and proper is fatally poisoned by the quest for position, by the yearning for a wuk, by the insatiable appetite that necessitates doing whatever is required to ensure that your snout is well and truly buried in the feeding trough.

But what the hell. We are all merely following our leaders.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 07, 2011, 11:15:51 PM »
European trio still in contention for Warriors job
By Nigel Simon (T&T Guardian)

Johan Neeskens, the former Holland international and assistant coach of its 1998 World Cup team, has been confirmed as one of the candidates in line to take over the Soca Warriors from Russell Latapy.

Contacted for an update on the post, Keith Look Loy, the T&T Football Federation’s technical advisor, said a decision is yet to be made but the Dutchman was definitely in contention. The Federation placed an advertisement in the daily newspapers on the weekend inviting applications for the post and Look Loy said this was in keeping with a desire to be as transparent and democratic as possible. “We will be dealing with Government’s money and in that regard we have to be accountable and transparent. This is an entire new approach which should be welcomed by the public.”

Apart from Neeskens, Look Loy also revealed that Portugal’s Carlos Queiroz and Germany’s Otto Pfister were all interested. The 59-year-old Neeskens, a former teammate of the legendary Johan Gruijff and ex-T&T coach Wim Rijsbergen, is currently out of a job, while Queiroz is a former coach of Real Madrid and has served as assistant to Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United. Pfister, 73, led Burkina Faso, Zaire, Cameroon and Ghana to the African Cup of Nations. He also won the Fifa Under-17 World Cup with Ghana and the Under-19 African Cup of Nations with Ivory Coast. He last took Togo to the World Cup in 2006 while he has coached ten international teams, including Bangladesh and Saudi Arabia.

Look Loy said there were other hopefuls with very good resumes and track records and the field will be narrowed down within a few weeks.“Before we can take our recommendations to the T&TFF Executive Committee, the coach selected will have to agree to a number of  demands while we will also to meet a few demands as well. “Some of these issues include salary, whether they will be willing to work with local technical staff or bring in their own back-room staff as well as the other issues.“When all these things are sorted out then we will be able to make a recommendation”, added Look Loy. Other members of the Technical Committee are former Strike Squad member, Marlon Morris, T&TFF executive member and Northern Football Association president, Roland Forde, Dr Iva Gloudon and Dr Alvin Henderson.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 06:12:11 AM by Tallman »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 08, 2011, 01:41:49 AM »
Your are now leaving peace of mind and sanity and is approaching trinidad football, enter @ your own risk.  :devil:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Koeman also on the radar of Trinidad & Tobago
« Reply #170 on: February 09, 2011, 12:17:18 PM »
Koeman also on the radar of Trinidad & Tobago
fcupdate.nl

Besides Neekens Johan is a Dutch national image to the new coach of Trinidad & Tobago to be. According to The Guardian is also Erwin Koeman on the list of the Soca Warriors. The former international was already in Trinidad & Tobago to orient themselves to the football in the Caribbean country.

Koeman was formerly coach of Hungary. As a club coach, he worked at Feyenoord and RKC Waalwijk. Should he be head coach of Trinidad & Tobago, he follows in the footsteps of Leo Beenhakker, the country led to the 2006 World Cup. During that World Cup Trinidad & Tobago was surprisingly good for the day.
Koeman possible coach of Trinidad and Tobago
soccernews.nl

Trinidad and Tobago Leo Beenhakker might get after a Dutch coach once again. Erwin Koeman is currently exploring the Cup in the Caribbean. Koeman is high on the wish list for The Soca Warriors . The Zaandammer has been available without a club or country after he left Hungary.

This got the former PSV player failing to qualify for the World Cup in South Africa. The Hungarians were in their pool match for Denmark and Portugal. Koeman was previously coach of Feyenoord and RKC Waalwijk before he went to Hungary to work.

Trinidad has, however, another Dutch coach standing on the list. Johan Neeskens should also be mentioned as a possible new coach. Neeskens is currently unemployed after his dismissal at Galatasaray.

Erwin Koeman to Trinidad and Tobago
telegraaf.nl

Erwin Koeman is currently in Trinidad and Tobago to orient themselves to the football in the Caribbean country. The former coach of Hungary in the picture to be coach of the Soca Warriors, led by Leo Beenhakker was present at the 2006 World Cup.

Besides Erwin Koeman is also Johan Neeskens on the candidates list of the Football Association of Trinidad and Tobago.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 09, 2011, 12:29:11 PM »
Alyuh translate that article from somewhere or what? For a moment I thought it was a trini write it with all the bad english

Offline Lifeisgood

• Jr. Warrior
  • Lively Up Yourself!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 09, 2011, 12:47:34 PM »

1983: In earlier action this season against the Cosmos, photographer Kent Kallberg caught the Caps' Alan Taylor trying to beat the hard-working pair of Johan Neeskens and Richard Chinapoo. The Cosmos prevailed in the Spring Cup Challenge at Empire — winning 1-0 in a very entertaining game.

Watch how dat ball sittin up..and how Chinnas coming across?  Tell me Chinnas en get major salad on this play??  Small chook to the right wit de outside ah de foot...Bes Salad!!
Never be afraid ....
To turn over your uncertain Future
..to our certain God.

Love one another.  Life is not a dress rehearsal.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 09, 2011, 01:02:16 PM »
Wikipedia:

Erwin Koeman

Club career
Koeman played with Groningen, Mechelen, where he won the Belgian League in 1989 and 1988 Cup Winners' Cup during the team's heyday and PSV, where they became league champions in 1990–91 and 1991–92.

International career
Koeman was a midfielder for the Netherlands that won the Euro 88 and featured in the 1990 World Cup. In total, Koeman was capped 31 times, scoring twice between 1983 and 1994.

Managing career
Koeman finished his playing career with Groningen in 1998 and became youth coach at PSV. In October 2001, he was promoted to assistant manager under Eric Gerets, and for the 2004–05 season became manager in Waalwijk. He managed RKC for one season before moving to Feyenoord. In March 2006, he extended his contract to the summer 2009. However, on 3 May 2007, Koeman announced his immediate resignation due to motivational problems, after a troublesome season, where Feyenoord eventually finished seventh.

Starting on 1 May 2008, Koeman became the coach of the Hungary national football team. He was removed from his post on 23 July 2010.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 09, 2011, 01:37:05 PM »
The wheels on the TTFF bus go round and round, round and round

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/oh99A86HraY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/oh99A86HraY</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 09, 2011, 03:31:52 PM »
Alyuh translate that article from somewhere or what? For a moment I thought it was a trini write it with all the bad english
phew.. ah thought somebody mighta say ah maxg write it   :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 09, 2011, 04:47:21 PM »

So the "all those in favour of a Dutch coach, say aye" group now have a membership of two (you and Brownsugar).  When is allyuh first meeting?   :devil:
lol i now see this  :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 09, 2011, 05:02:06 PM »

lol i now see this  :rotfl:

How yuh go see with all dat oranje in town......
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline judge101

• Full Warrior
  • If it is to be, then it is up to me
    • View Profile
JOHAN NEESKEN IS NEW HEAD COACH
« Reply #178 on: February 09, 2011, 10:44:48 PM »
well after reading about the TTFF technical Advisor's comments that there well be four -five coaches to be interviewed by this month and a head coach to be named. I looked at the short list of names he gave and decided to check there credentials on wiki but discovered that Johan  is currently our national coach heres d link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johan_Neeskens
wise men talke because they have something to say,fools talk because they have to say something

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: JOHAN NEESKEN IS NEW HEAD COACH
« Reply #179 on: February 09, 2011, 10:47:30 PM »
Well if its on Wikipedia then it must be accurate.

1]; } ?>