SVEN ERIKKSON
0 (0%)
MARCO VAN BASTEN
2 (4.2%)
Luiz Felipe Scolari
1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: September 25, 2008, 10:34:15 AM

Author Topic: Name ah Coach Thread ;-)  (Read 56203 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Name ah Coach thread ;-)
« Reply #241 on: January 17, 2017, 09:15:59 PM »
Alvin son

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 17, 2017, 09:24:08 PM »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 17, 2017, 09:38:37 PM »
Carolina Morace

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #244 on: January 17, 2017, 11:39:25 PM »
Carolina Morace

They don't have the balls for that.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #245 on: January 18, 2017, 05:10:58 AM »
TTFA down to final three coaches.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

The country’s next national football coach will be chosen from a shortlist of three, comprising Colombian Francisco Maturana, St Lucian Stuart Charles Fevrier, the W Connection coach and Englishman Terry Fenwick, a former San Juan Jabloteh coach, as the search continues for a replacement for Tom Saintfiet.

Guardian Media Sports was reliably informed that from a process of elimination, both Russell Latapy and Dennis Lawrence were dropped from the previous five-man shortlist by the Technical Committee of the T&T Football Association which is being headed by Dexter Skeene.

The committee will submit its choice for national coach to the Board of TTFA tomorrow for approval.

Latapy has been an assistant coach under the Belgian who said he resigned because of lack of support from the TTFA and its president David John-Williams last week, while Lawrence, an ex-national defender, has had six years experience in the English Premier League and has attained all his coaching badges. Yesterday, however the technical committee made a giant step toward bringing the selection process to an end by narrowing it down to three, and is expected to announce the new coach by tomorrow.

It is believed Maturana, who coached T&T back in 2008-2009 could be the top contender for the job but there are concerns over the huge cost the football association may have to put out to afford him. Like ex coach Stephen Hart, the Colombian enjoyed a good string of results going into the hex, but faltered in the final round of the FIFA World Cup Qualifiers.

His biggest achievements to date have been leading local team Atletico Nacional to their first Colombian to the Copa Libertadores title in 1989, as well as guiding the Colombian national team to their first Copa America title back in 2001.

Meanwhile Fevrier has dominated top flight local football, leading his team to multiple titles of the T&T Pro League, and twice winning the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Club Championships. The 57 year old St Lucian said in an interview recently that he knew what was necessary to turn around the misfortunes of local football.

Fenwick on the otherhand is an ex England international who made his international debut for the full England side in May 1984 as a substitute for Alvin Martin at Wrexham, before going on to make 20 appearances for the national side up until 1988.

He is still best remembered for his inability to stop Argentine great Diego Maradona on his way to the ‘Goal of the Century’ at the FIFA World Cup in 1986.

In coaching Fenwick enjoyed tremendous successes winning the pro league title on four occasions (2002, 2003, 2007, and 2008). After securing a place in the Caribbean Champions League for Central FC, Fenwick signed for CS Visé in the Belgian Second Division.

He has publicly stated that he is the best man for the top job, noting that his close rival Fevrier has been tried and tested before.

RELATED NEWS

TTFA decides today.
By Ian Prescott (Expres).

INTERVIEWS having been made, the recommendation for new head coach of the Trinidad and Tobago national team will today be submitted to the board of directors of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) for consideration.

The board of directors meet from 3p.m. today at the Hasley Crawford stadium, and among their deliberations will be to decide on the recommendation for a new national coach to fill the post vacated by Belgian Tom Saintfiet on Tuesday, January 10.

Reports are that candidates interested in the post were Colombian Francisco Maturana, Englishman Terry Fenwick and St Lucian Stuart Charles-Fevrier, along with former T&T national players Russell Latapy and Dennis Lawrence.

There is also support for the return of former national coach Stephen Hart, whose tenure ended after World Cup qualifying defeats in November. But there is no indication either if he is interested in resuming his former position or is being considered. Hart was replaced by obscure Belgian Saintfiet who suffered three defeats in four matches and lasted just over a month before he quit, citing lack of support by both the TTFA and its president David John-Williams.

Interviews were conducted by a TTFA technical committee, whose recommendations will be passed onto the board of directors. The technical committee is chaired by former national footballer and current professional football league CEO Dexter Skeene and also includes Dr Alvin Henderson (vice-chairman), Errol Lovell (former national goalkeeper), Edgar Vidale (former national men’s coach), Jinelle James (women’s football administrator and ex-national player) and Muhammad Isa (technical director).

The board of directors are responsible for appointing national coaches and technical staff and a source told the Express while it is not certain whether the recommendation will be accepted or agreed on, it is hoped that the process will be completed today so that a new national coach could be quickly appointed.

The TTFA Board of directors currently comprises TTFA president David John-Williams; TTFA vice-presidents Joanne Salazar, Ewing Davis and Allan Warner; Sherwyn Dyer (Eastern Counties Football Union), Karanjabari Williams (Northern FA), Richard Quan Chan (Southern FA), Anthony Moore (Tobago FA), Samuel Saunders (Central FA), Joseph Taylor (Trinidad and Tobago Football Referees Association), Sharon O’Brien (Women’s League Football), Wayne Cunningham (Eastern FA) and Dexter Skeene (TT Pro League).

« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 05:12:52 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 18, 2017, 09:19:47 AM »
So all of a sudden the technical committee is involved?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 18, 2017, 09:35:43 AM »
Of the three I prefer Fenwick but ah bet anybody is Fevrier. What a serious conflict of interests when it's confirmed. Ah wonder if DJW will give the same arrogant speech and approach at the "press conference"? SMFH

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 18, 2017, 10:25:43 AM »
If Fenwick is selected I will eat callaloo for the rest of the week. I love callaloo. Seriously, I will be surprised if he is selected.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 18, 2017, 10:47:22 AM »
Soooo...we not getting an announcement til tmr or Friday?? I was hoping today...hope fenwick get it...DJW not gonna risk his success at connection...so is between maturana and fenwick
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 18, 2017, 10:55:50 AM »
I would prefer Maturana for a long term project ie from preliminary to semis to hex. Just cause the kinda technical football he wants to play ah kinda frightened fuh dem Fellas after the debacle vs USA. Fenwick and his pragmatic approach is what I prefer. As long as is not Fevrier I happy but I'll have to support Smdh

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #251 on: January 18, 2017, 11:16:48 AM »
I would prefer Maturana for a long term project ie from preliminary to semis to hex. Just cause the kinda technical football he wants to play ah kinda frightened fuh dem Fellas after the debacle vs USA. Fenwick and his pragmatic approach is what I prefer. As long as is not Fevrier I happy but I'll have to support Smdh

Maturana had us playing some good football despite his language barrier...

But the dictator went through all this bobol to most likely appoint Stuart ... lol his aim was to sabotage and destabilize our football..

Imagine kerron nowhere to be found, mind you he was playing better than Molino ... now after the shooting we can't even hear about him

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 18, 2017, 11:23:49 AM »

But the dictator went through all this bobol to most likely appoint Stuart ... lol his aim was to sabotage and destabilize our football..

Imagine kerron nowhere to be found, mind you he was playing better than Molino ... now after the shooting we can't even hear about him

Correct me if I'm wrong but are you saying or implying Kerron's lack of form since he's been shot is DJW's fault?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #253 on: January 18, 2017, 11:28:24 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong but are you saying or implying Kerron's lack of form since he's been shot is DJW's fault?

It have plenty players on that team that the dictator currently select who lacking more than just form... kerron should be practising with the team and training with them to get back to full fitness, that shooting still doesn't sit well with me ...

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 18, 2017, 11:45:20 AM »

Fenwick imho is the better choice as this stage to go with. He follows all our football, knows our players, can speak English and been around these guys before. He might be able to hit the ground running...the dentist on the other hand...maybe if he was here 2-3 years ago and built this team...then yea...I even prefer fevrier over mats truth be told...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #255 on: January 18, 2017, 11:48:04 AM »

Fenwick imho is the better choice as this stage to go with. He follows all our football, knows our players, can speak English and been around these guys before. He might be able to hit the ground running...the dentist on the other hand...maybe if he was here 2-3 years ago and built this team...then yea...I even prefer fevrier over mats truth be told...

The Dictator plan going well, he has forced the public to accept his shortlist and his choices, not the best choices for our football..

He bring in a dud to force us into a position to accept what he wants... he knew SANTHIEF would fail and created the environment for it to further sabotage our program and cut us out of the gold cup and Caribbean cup... he's not a stupid guy or incompetent, if he can hire morace he knows and they know what they are doing... more money to be made in sabotaging and fixing matches..

Why isn't Suarez on that list if pacho there? Corruption all around ....
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 11:50:49 AM by Controversial »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 18, 2017, 12:27:21 PM »

If dat is yuh criteria, might as well give the wuk to Alvin

The other thing is.....we SUPPOSED TO BE battling the best national teams in CONCACAF, some of whom are among the top 10 national teams in football and you want to give the reigns to 1 person who has never previously coached at the international level, and another who has only coached at regional level...BOTH OF WHOM have coached club teams that have been repeatedly TROUNCED by club teams in CONCACAF....over a coach who has international pedigree....been to the World Cup.....and at one time coached one of the 10 best national teams in football?

We truly deserve what we have currently. 
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 18, 2017, 12:31:05 PM »

The other thing is.....we SUPPOSED TO BE battling the best national teams in CONCACAF, some of whom are among the top 10 national teams in football and you want to give the reigns to 1 person who has never previously coached at the international level, and another who has only coached at regional level...BOTH OF WHOM have coached club teams that have been repeatedly TROUNCED by club teams in CONCACAF....over a coach who has international pedigree....been to the World Cup.....and at one time coached one of the 10 best national teams in football?

The dentist failed us before not so

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #258 on: January 18, 2017, 12:49:58 PM »

The dentist failed us before not so

Jack was the puppeteer in that saga, can't blame maturana for that... the players weren't full committed under Yorke at that time..

Maturana is the obvious choice and only logical choice out of that shortlist... the best choice for our football, maybe not, hart and others are much better suited..

But pound for pound, Maturana hands down

What Palos said above is not a joke, it's facts

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 18, 2017, 01:28:43 PM »
No one failed us
We did that to ourselves by accepting dotish ideologies to run any thing T and T
Selfish thoughtless vendictive nincompoops...How the Ras you expect to make progress..You start a thing you looking decent then some joker come around who think he is the brightness bulb out they and all of a sudden you right back from where started
Time to over throw them excuse me f**ked up mentality and ways of thinking.Time for shit to flow smoothly..How many times you going to start over..Come on man be bloody real for a dam change..This shit real annoying..I don't like it so

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 18, 2017, 02:50:29 PM »

It have plenty players on that team that the dictator currently select who lacking more than just form... kerron should be practising with the team and training with them to get back to full fitness, that shooting still doesn't sit well with me ...

You are setting yourself up here for a lot of ridicule by that comment and implication. smdh

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 18, 2017, 04:03:31 PM »

You are setting yourself up here for a lot of ridicule by that comment and implication. smdh

I bet it doh sit well with people who have they eyes open. We may not have proof but it is too coincidental.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #262 on: January 18, 2017, 06:38:30 PM »

I bet it doh sit well with people who have they eyes open. We may not have proof but it is too coincidental.

Imagine the man get shot in the leg, wrong leg before he was suppose to go to the US, before the Haiti qualifier, when the Dictator came into power, which almost had our players striking not long after and was one of our key players in the mid...

Hear nah, gun man from town, don't shoot men once and leave them alive to tell a story or identify them... you won't understand that Thomo..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 18, 2017, 06:40:37 PM »
Ah pardner from Trinto say the coach is SCF? Anybody heard that is so?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #264 on: January 18, 2017, 06:49:28 PM »

We predict that over a year now... check from 2015

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 18, 2017, 07:19:51 PM »
If this is the final solution ...The final nail was just put into the coffin...
 :devil: :devil: :devil:
Whe the devil they...I wonder who they mean

Well the final insult to my injury....Piss the man pissing and I thinking is rain falling.... Talk about conflict of interest...Talk about fete match mentality

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 18, 2017, 09:29:19 PM »
Same assistant coaches?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #267 on: January 18, 2017, 09:54:23 PM »
Same assistant coaches?

Shabazz in his glee....

Sorry ah mean the terrorizer

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 18, 2017, 10:04:03 PM »

Deeks. More bacchanal.

http://wired868.com/2017/01/18/ttfa-recommends-charles-fevrier-but-board-fails-to-agree-on-new-soca-warriors-coach/

TTFA committee recommends Charles-Fevrier but board fails to agree on new T&T coach
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #269 on: January 18, 2017, 10:06:36 PM »

Deeks. More bacchanal.

http://wired868.com/2017/01/18/ttfa-recommends-charles-fevrier-but-board-fails-to-agree-on-new-soca-warriors-coach/

TTFA committee recommends Charles-Fevrier but board fails to agree on new T&T coach

Have no fear, Stuart Charles FOREVER is here....

1]; } ?>