SVEN ERIKKSON
0 (0%)
MARCO VAN BASTEN
2 (4.2%)
Luiz Felipe Scolari
1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: September 25, 2008, 10:34:15 AM

Author Topic: Name ah Coach Thread ;-)  (Read 56197 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Name ah Coach Thread ;-)
« Reply #330 on: December 17, 2019, 07:18:12 AM »
Lawrence displeased?? But this man ent easy at all  :cursing:

Probably preferred in-person eye to eye versus taking the phone call. Form over substance.

But yeah, my reaction was along the lines of yours.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 07:37:21 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 17, 2019, 08:08:34 AM »
He got a phone call wha else he want ..... In the past coaches learned of their  dismissal  through the media eg  bertille  st clair heard his own on the radio  while conducting a training  session with the NT.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 17, 2019, 09:03:28 AM »
Dignity is for the dignified. He have no shame
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 17, 2019, 09:48:19 AM »
:beermug:
I pity the fool....

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 17, 2019, 12:24:09 PM »
he also has no clue.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #335 on: December 17, 2019, 02:20:26 PM »
Coaches queue up for Lawrence’s job.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

Trinidad and To­ba­go Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion tech­ni­cal com­mit­tee chair­man Kei­th Look Loy is promis­ing a re­place­ment for sacked na­tion­al foot­ball coach Den­nis Lawrence by Fri­day.

And who­ev­er gets the job will have a man­date to take the coun­try to the 2021 CON­CA­CAF Gold Cup via the June 2020 CON­CA­CAF play­off against the win­ner be­tween Bar­ba­dos and Guyana, who play in March.

Lawrence, whose dis­mal record at the helm of the So­ca War­riors dur­ing World Cup qual­i­fiers, CON­CA­CAF Gold Cup and oth­er in­ter­na­tion­al friend­ly match­es for the past three years, led to the TTFA board of di­rec­tors opt­ing to ter­mi­nate his ser­vices at a meet­ing on Sat­ur­day.

Guardian Me­dia Sports un­der­stands that Lawrence has since ex­pressed his dis­plea­sure with how his fir­ing took place.

Yes­ter­day, how­ev­er, Look Loy said the TTFA has al­ready been swamped by ap­pli­ca­tions from men seek­ing to fill the va­can­cy.

“The as­so­ci­a­tion has since been bom­bard­ed with in­ter­ests from coach­es from Eu­rope, South Amer­i­ca and right here lo­cal­ly to pick up coach­ing du­ties with the coun­try’s ju­nior and se­nior teams. The com­mit­tee is cur­rent­ly in the process of look­ing at them be­fore a choice can be made, giv­en the as­so­ci­a­tion’s fi­nan­cial lim­i­ta­tions, but al­so the qual­i­ty of the can­di­dates,” Look Loy told Guardian Me­dia Sports.

But Look Loy gave the as­sur­ance that the se­lec­tion will not be based pure­ly on qual­i­fi­ca­tions.

He said there were the is­sues of fi­nances and im­me­di­a­cy of fill­ing the va­can­cy, which means that the se­lect­ed coach must be will­ing to come here at a mo­ment’s no­tice and lay down his pro­gramme. How­ev­er, he made it clear that al­though there is an is­sue of fi­nances, he has al­ways been firm in the view that the coun­try should get the best coach they can af­ford.

He said he be­lieves for the first 2020 FI­FA win­dow in March, the new coach must have laid plans down which should in­clude at least two in­ter­na­tion­al friend­ly match­es. He said the TTFA has al­ready been ap­proached by sev­er­al in­ter­na­tion­al match agents with of­fers for 2020 en­gage­ments.

Mean­while, Cen­tral FC own­er and man­ag­ing di­rec­tor Brent San­cho, who played with Lawrence on the 2006 team that qual­i­fied for the World Cup in Ger­many, has sup­port­ed the de­ci­sion to re­place Lawrence, say­ing while the for­mer coach faced nu­mer­ous chal­lenges, it was dif­fi­cult to de­fend the string of 14 win­less match­es by the So­ca War­riors in the lat­ter part of his tenure.

“The coun­try has nev­er re­al­ly got­ten the op­por­tu­ni­ty to ex­pe­ri­ence Lawrence’s true tal­ent be­cause the play­ing field was not lev­elled. For in­stance, he faced chal­lenges of an age­ing tal­ent pool, play­ers re­turn­ing for match­es a day be­fore key match­es, etcetera. I think it is un­for­tu­nate for Lawrence, but that’s the na­ture of the sport,” San­cho said.

San­cho said he is hop­ing the new coach will be some­one with ex­ten­sive in­ter­na­tion­al ex­pe­ri­ence and qual­i­fi­ca­tions who will un­der­stand the sit­u­a­tion he is en­ter­ing.

Any inside info on names outside the usual suspects?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 17, 2019, 03:26:29 PM »
Tom Saintfiet: Hello! TTFA? Is it true, de dictator has been toppled? Whaaaat? I dey! What? Anil who? What? Slow meh roll? What? Short-term wuk? What? Gold Cup playoff? What? Guyana or Barbados? What? By Friday? Who is DL? Belgium? I am Belgian. Is this the TTFA or the Belgian FA? Either way AH READY! Yeah, slowing meh roll.

What? Yeah, ah know the introduction press conference routine. Ah affordable and cheap and perform or lose de wuk. Second choice. What? Williams and Cyrus still dey? Approaching retirement? Ok, ah geh yuh. Ah go handle dem "Odouls drinkers".

What? No double-header friendlies and none against Nicaragua or Anguilla? What? FIFA rankings? What? There will be home games? :wavetowel:

What? What ah doing? Ah in a Uber on de way to de airport, my 'go' bag always packed nah ... yuh know ah like meh midnight resignations. What? Doh call allyuh, allyuh will call me? So ... what to tell de driver? Ah go take it here? What? Tell him to pick up who? Meh physio? What disres...? No usual suspects?  ??? See allyuh in court. Allyuh paying fuh meh Uber. Oy, text me de Lawrence fella number nah. What? He doh like phone calls? Ok, ok. Ah will have Gambia text him, ah have a flight to Brussels to ketch.

Under his breath as he hangs up: "Friggin Trinis!"
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 04:13:55 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 17, 2019, 04:08:07 PM »
I'm hoping for more than a bargain-bucket manager from the "also-rans" of African and Asian football.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 17, 2019, 09:53:55 PM »
I am sorry to see Dennis Lawrence go. He was a nice guy. I am Thankful for his services. He was the man who put the USA out of the World Cup.

I don't believe that there is an active local Coach who would have any success with the National Senior team.

Trinidad and Tobago football is at an all time low. This lowpoint is a reflection of the overall poor state of football in the twin island Republic. There aren't any real developmental programs/academies/Coaching Schools. The Coaches are marooned on the island; they don't get a chance to leave and go to  a developed nation to see something different. Mexico, Brazil, Colombia, are great places to go learn how to run a youth program.

The football is stuck in the 18th century..Colleges league is the most important league...the players are mediocre at best.

Football was at it's highest in the 60's and  the 80's. The elements which made the football of that Golden era
were never identified so nobody knows what it takes to produce another Latapy or Dwight Yorke..we will never produce another player of their quality under the current culture.

So in closing I say again ..There is no active Coach foreign or domestic who is currently living on those islands has the ability, knowledge or know how.. can bring any success to any National program..the football and the football culture is in the 18th century.
   Jah Bless

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 18, 2019, 07:30:49 AM »
I am sorry to see Dennis Lawrence go. He was a nice guy. I am Thankful for his services. He was the man who put the USA out of the World Cup.

He wasn't solely responsible, he just contributed to the effort. Two other things had to happen, Panama had to beat Costa Rica and Honduras had to beat Mexico. In the case of Panama, one of the goals they "scored" was not even a goal. So basically it was a perfect storm that eliminated the USA.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 18, 2019, 10:24:43 PM »
Tallman all I remember is that Dennis Lawrence was at the helm and Trinidad and Tobago soundly beat the USA..the score was 2-1.

Thank You Dennis Lawrence ! You put the USA out the World Cup. Costa Rica and Mexico had already qualified and they want to see the US suffer so they did their due diligence.

Big up Dennis Lawrence..If the TTFA wanted to improve football in Trinidad and Tobago they would have hired him to set up a proper Youth Development program.

And Mr Tallman why you and boys like to keep puttin lipstick on  pig?

Go to the source of the problem ..Colleges league can't develop players..the clubs are no clubs at all and the  leagues have no real value to them..so tell me how any Coach can put forth a National Team which can compete in today's football arena?

I am sorry for Football in the twin island Republic
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 10:28:51 PM by coache »

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 19, 2019, 04:30:10 AM »
Tallman all I remember is that Dennis Lawrence was at the helm and Trinidad and Tobago soundly beat the USA..the score was 2-1.

Thank You Dennis Lawrence ! You put the USA out the World Cup. Costa Rica and Mexico had already qualified and they want to see the US suffer so they did their due diligence.

Big up Dennis Lawrence..If the TTFA wanted to improve football in Trinidad and Tobago they would have hired him to set up a proper Youth Development program.

And Mr Tallman why you and boys like to keep puttin lipstick on  pig?

Go to the source of the problem ..Colleges league can't develop players..the clubs are no clubs at all and the  leagues have no real value to them..so tell me how any Coach can put forth a National Team which can compete in today's football arena?

I am sorry for Football in the twin island Republic

Coache, I agree with you, and I’m sure I can speak for all/99%  of our fellow forum members, yes, our development program is almost non-existent. HOWEVER, this is not today’s breaking news. It has been this way for as long as I can remember.

Under Hart though, most recently, we were competing. We had a cohesive unit. We had a Concacaf powerhouse on the back peddle, mexico was nervous. All those factors you mentioned...well I say, yes, BUT...our senior men’s team was still able.

Now that being said...let’s say for example, we get a caliber coach of Don Leo...he puts his team together and next thing we in the GC...I wouldn’t call that a fluke. I’d call it...proper coaching, proper use of players, philosophy etc. something Dennis could not/would not have accomplished.
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 19, 2019, 05:29:11 AM »
Fenwick is a good short term solution based on his extensive coaching experience in Trinidad. TTFA should not rush into handing out a long term contract.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 19, 2019, 05:56:49 AM »
Guys, for 2006 WC,  did Don Leo came before the Hex or during the Hex?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 19, 2019, 06:49:08 AM »
Fenwick is a good short term solution based on his extensive coaching experience in Trinidad. TTFA should not rush into handing out a long term contract.

Last time Fenwick was not interested in a short-term contract. However, that was understandable then. Today the rules of the road have changed and a short-term contract with short-term achievement targets is the sensible order of the day.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: December 19, 2019, 06:51:37 AM »

During
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 19, 2019, 07:30:20 PM »

During

Sometimes we have to put a foreign coach tenure into context at the time. Beenie did not do any developmental as far as I can remember. What was going to happen or planned when he leaves was the  other Dutch coaches(Wim Risbergen) together with Lincoln and other local coaches would do the development under the Dutch football model. Well that did not worked. The players had strike when Jack did not give them their money, and Lincoln and Wim got in a near blows situation. Correct me on that.

We were back to square one on development once again.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 19, 2019, 08:55:25 PM »

During

Sometimes we have to put a foreign coach tenure into context at the time. Beenie did not do any developmental as far as I can remember. What was going to happen or planned when he leaves was the  other Dutch coaches(Wim Risbergen) together with Lincoln and other local coaches would do the development under the Dutch football model. Well that did not worked. The players had strike when Jack did not give them their money, and Lincoln and Wim got in a near blows situation. Correct me on that.

We were back to square one on development once again.

Yup
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 19, 2019, 09:42:21 PM »
New administration ..same khaki pants..Lok Loy back again..this thing is a revolving door.. the same people just jumping in and jumping out

Senior Team Coach is important to them because the senior team makes money for them.

They don't want to put any money neither any time into youth development.

They will run up bills and debt..get the tax payers to foot the bills..business as usual..the people on this board were put here by them to maintain the status quo.

If allyuh love Trinidad and Tobago Football so much why not push for proper youth development?
Why not push for Coaching education?

Big up to the last administration for laying down a physical foundation so that these things can be facilitated.

Allyuh just want to see the National Team hold their end against Mexico and the USA in the Gold Cup..
that is so low achieving, mediocre and short sighted.

You have men here who went to Pres, Naps, St Mary's and all the brainious institutions and you go on and on about your infinite knowledge of all things football ..yet not able to set your compass to point in the right direction without being distracted.

This iodiocy must stop! I am fed up of coming on this site every five years to continue the same conversations with the SAME train of thought ..is there no one on this board who has changed his views or upgraded his thought process in the last five years? If you are thinking the same things the same way as you did five years ago ..something is not right..we have to grow not remain stagnant.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 19, 2019, 10:55:46 PM »
coache, i don't know what to say, but almost all countries select the senior men coach first. How else would they do it ? As you know, Fenwick was select as the new MNT coach. And this part on youth football is taken from the Guardian.

It is un­der­stood that Fen­wick’s sup­port staff will al­so be de­ployed with oth­er T&T youth teams as a cost-cut­ting mea­sure by the TTFA.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 20, 2019, 04:46:27 PM »
Big up to the last administration for laying down a physical foundation so that these things can be facilitated.

This the same last administration where T&T youth teams get beat at unprecedented levels in youth tournaments, regardless of age group, throughout it's tenure?

Or you using the term "last administration" literally?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: PICK TNT'S NEXT COACH
« Reply #351 on: September 23, 2020, 09:53:10 AM »
I think that Fenwick may be a good choice.....

Well let's see if this prophetic - the jury still out

Could we assess a coach on  training sessions?😊

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF's coaching merry-go-round.
« Reply #352 on: September 23, 2020, 09:59:41 AM »
Might as well start talking it up
Me eh sure we even have a team to beat anyone in out group

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New Coach for T&T Men's Senior Team
« Reply #353 on: December 10, 2020, 07:44:14 AM »
Rember when....,.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF's coaching merry-go-round.
« Reply #354 on: June 10, 2021, 10:04:17 PM »
Here is a list of all the coaches were have had since independence. Hart is one of the very few to last over 2 years. Bertille is the other. The list has 3 yr gap. 1981, 1982, 1983. Anyone able to fill the gap?.

George Chambers (1964)
Amerigo Brunner (1965–1966)
Conrad Braithwaite (1965–1967)
Michael Laing (1968)
Trevor Smith (1969)
Kevin Verity (1972–1973)
Rudi Gutendorf (1976)
Edgar Vidale (1976)
Alvin Corneal (1980)
Kenneth Butcher (1980)
Roderick Warner (1984–1985)
Everald Cummings (1988–1989)
Kenwyn Cooper (1989)
Alvin Corneal (1990)
Edgar Vidale (1990–1991)
Muhammad Isa (1992)
Clóvis de Oliviera (1992)
Everald Cummings (1993)
Kenny Joseph (1994)
Zoran Vraneš (1994–1995)
Jochen Figge (1995)
Kenny Joseph (1996)
Sebastian de Araújo (1996)
Edgar Vidale (1997)
Bertille St. Clair (1997–2000)
Ian Porterfield (2000–2001)
René Simőes (2001–2002)
Clayton Morris (2002)
Hannibal Najjar (2002–2003)
Zoran Vraneš (2003
Stuart Charles-Fevrier (2003)
Ron La Forest (2004)
Bertille St. Clair (2004–2005)
Leo Beenhakker (2005–2006)
Wim Rijsbergen (2006–2007)
Anton Corneal (2008)
Francisco Maturana (2008–2009)
Russell Latapy (2009–2011)
Otto Pfister (2011–2012)
Hutson Charles (2012–2013)
Jamaal Shabazz (2012–2013)
Stephen Hart (2013–2016)
Tom Saintfiet (2016–2017)

Time to update this list? Anything official?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 18, 2021, 10:01:39 PM »
Here is a list of all the coaches were have had since independence. Hart is one of the very few to last over 2 years. Bertille is the other. The list has 3 yr gap. 1981, 1982, 1983. Anyone able to fill the gap?.

George Chambers (1964)
Michael Laing (1968)
Trevor Smith (1969)
Kevin Verity (1972–1973)
Rudi Gutendorf (1976)
Edgar Vidale (1976)
Alvin Corneal (1980)
Kenneth Butcher (1980)
Kenwyn Cooper (1989)
Alvin Corneal (1990)
Edgar Vidale (1990–1991)
Muhammad Isa (1992)
Everald Cummings (1993)
Kenny Joseph (1994)
Zoran Vraneš (1994–1995)
Jochen Figge (1995)
Kenny Joseph (1996)
Edgar Vidale (1997)
René Simőes (2001–2002)
Clayton Morris (2002)
Zoran Vraneš (2003
Ron La Forest (2004)
Anton Corneal (2008)
Otto Pfister (2011–2012)
Stephen Hart (2013–2016)

Time to update this list? Anything official?

Guys, as we acknowledged that this list is subject to correction. So when the Shell Cup started(maybe 79 or 80). can't remember. But I remember TT played French Guiana in the Oval and lost the first leg. Jimmy Blanc( I am almost sure) was hire to coach the team for the return leg in Cayenne. TT won the 2nd leg 4-2 or 5-2 to advance. On return to TT Jimmy was released. He was not given the chance to coach the team for the Shell Cup tournament. I am almost sure this happened. Asylum, TallMan, Flex could you guys verify this.

George Chambers (1964)
Michael Laing (1968)
Trevor Smith (1969)
Kevin Verity (1972–1973)
Rudi Gutendorf (1976)
Edgar Vidale (1976)
Alvin Corneal (1980)
Kenneth Butcher (1980)
Kenwyn Cooper (1989)
Alvin Corneal (1990)
Edgar Vidale (1990–1991)
Muhammad Isa (1992)
Everald Cummings (1993)
Kenny Joseph (1994)
Zoran Vraneš (1994–1995)
Jochen Figge (1995)
Kenny Joseph (1996)
Edgar Vidale (1997)
René Simőes (2001–2002)
Clayton Morris (2002)
Zoran Vraneš (2003
Ron La Forest (2004)
Anton Corneal (2008)
Otto Pfister (2011–2012)
Stephen Hart (2013–2016)
Dennis Lawrence
Terry Fenwick
Angus Eve
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 11:07:38 PM by Deeks »

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 02, 2021, 07:38:37 PM »
Another big coach ?
Kyle Lavince Lightbourne

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 02, 2021, 08:02:40 PM »
Edgar Vidale get quite a few runs bai.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 03, 2021, 03:22:58 AM »
Edgar Vidale get quite a few runs bai.

Edgar was one of the few local coaches to get good performance out of the national team outside of TT. The 74 CAC team won silver. Should have been gold. He and Ken Henry were assistants to Kevin Verity who coached the 74 WC team. He brought quite a few youths, especially from South on the team. Steve Khan, Ray Moraldo, Sydney Augustine, Spann, Peter Mitchell(Who played well in that tournament). His winning goal knocked out Mexico. He even gave Oscar Durity a chance at making the team. Can't remember how many games he played. Edgar did spend  time in Germany doing a football course. So Edgar Vidale name should be on the list for 1974 also.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 03:32:11 AM by Deeks »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 03, 2021, 08:05:52 AM »
Spear ah thought for Latapy, I was half hoping to see dat Barbados did get a couple red card but whey boy :-[ :-[ :-\
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>