April 26, 2024, 04:50:05 AM

Author Topic: Windies x South Africa - Test 3 - The DECIDER!  (Read 3292 times)

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Windies x South Africa - Test 3 - The DECIDER!
« on: January 06, 2008, 08:42:30 AM »
What an effort in # 2.

Kudos to a team which has not shown this much fighting
spirit in 10 years?
But what a tough position fitness wise to be in.
Gayle with a bad hammy and fractured finger.
Edwards strained hammy.
Morton, mentally wounded.

And back home in the Carib Cup, Lara makes a 100,
and post match, Gayle is saying time for Sarwan to lace
up his boots.

Sarwan is a no brainer. But what of Lara?
Bring him back, and upset the little bit of team chemistry?
And what about Ravi Rampaul?

Tough situation for the selectors.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Windies x South Africa - Test 3 - The DECIDER!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 11:19:09 AM »
I agree with you that the West Indies definitely displayed more grit and determination, even if they lost. The injury problems are a cause for concern. I'm not sure how the team would react to Lara returning to the team if he made himself available for selection. What I can forsee happening is that some of the members may fall back into the pattern of subconsciously expecting Lara to carry the whole team on his back and not pulling their weight. That would definitely be a huge step backwards and may signal a return to the abject performances of recent times. I'm not sure if I have the patience or stomach for that.

I think Sarwan should definitely be in the team as long as he is prepared to adopt the same attitude and spirit as this team has been currently displaying. Honestly, I have not seen much of Ravi Rampaul as there is no regular television coverage of the games and due to my busy schedule. So I'm not sure if he would be a bonus to the team or not.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 01:31:17 PM »
what about the spinners? ??? who keep on cuttin dem batsmen tail every year? ???

lara could still come back and be number one bastman in the world... for another 3 years or so.. mark my words....

God is de BOSS....

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 02:03:43 AM »
link for the game on sopcast.

Enter the following as the channel in sopcast:
sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/38822

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 06:03:53 AM »
How underwhleming!
The regression was instant.

139?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 06:10:58 AM by dervaig »

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 09:20:15 AM »
i dont want to be de negative one but i not surprised at all...west indies are very consistent at looking like they turn the corner only to get ah real cutarse to remind us that is not the case.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 09:58:35 PM »
Somebody said that we go get ah small cutarse in the 2nd test and ah big one in the 3rd test....................sadly it looks like they are right.
 Looks like the score line might read at the end of the game
.......SA beat WI by an innings and xxx runs......
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 02:32:46 AM »
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/wivzimsa/content/current/story/330325.html

No Extensive County Cricket - Cyah play de moving ball.

All de bullshit talk ah does hear about selectors.  It doh make sense.  The previous selectors was no better in de good ole days.  Fortunately for them, dey coulda pick two or three Windies Team from a pool of seasoned players we had playing County Cricket.  We had men who living in England, fly in helicopter to match like Viv and our players played much more first class cricket against great Test Players.  England left us to our own devices.  They knew our facilities were in tatters and that administration is jes not our thing.  As soon as I hear it overcast and de Windies batting is collapso cricket in truth especially without Lara to negotiate de swinging ball.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 07:19:18 AM »
why isn't Bravo bowling?

Have I missed something?

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

TrinInfinite

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 09:53:27 AM »
why isn't Bravo bowling?

Have I missed something?

VB

ask bravo, bc obviously no one knows why he not bowling, maybe doesnt want 2 risk injury..

God is de BOSS....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2008, 03:24:54 PM »
Who say d matchfinishing on d 3rd day
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008, 04:35:11 PM »
Savannah Boy,
                        Your take on county cricket is true. Our cricket collapsed when they put the ban county cricket.

Offline RRamdin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 05:25:39 PM »
I keep on saying that is now time for us to move on from the Brian Lara era. I'm a great fan, and for these reasons I think Lara should not comeback. I fear if he comes back, and then doesn't score any runs our memories of him may be tarnished.

Also in terms of this match you could look at it 2 ways:

1) We were very unfortunate to have lost the toss and be batting in the worst conditions in the whole match.
2) Our batting was extremely incompetent not to survive 1 session of difficult test cricket against the moving ball; although i expected this as we have been incapable of playing the swininging ball for some time since our players stopped playing over here as mentioned by savannah boy

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2008, 07:58:07 AM »
It is time for Dinesh Ramdin to go.

He just does not get it.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2008, 11:03:35 AM »
Ramdin eh doing nutten different than de other batsmen.  His glove work has improved tremendously.  Chanderpaul eh bat because of de cold?  Wha kinda shit is dat?  Gayle play with busted hamstring and broken finger in de last Test and he cyah bat because of de cold?  No wonder he cyah be a Captain.  It have all kinda Prescription Drugs to effectively alleviate cold symptoms...wha wrong with he?  No Bronchitis, Pneumonia or dangerous Fever...pad up.  We could lie and say he twist he ankle and give him a runner.  Like dey put obeah on we best batsman or what?   :(
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 11:05:34 AM by Savannah boy »

TrinInfinite

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2008, 11:21:18 AM »
Ramdin eh doing nutten different than de other batsmen.  His glove work has improved tremendously.  Chanderpaul eh bat because of de cold?  Wha kinda shit is dat?  Gayle play with busted hamstring and broken finger in de last Test and he cyah bat because of de cold?  No wonder he cyah be a Captain.  It have all kinda Prescription Drugs to effectively alleviate cold symptoms...wha wrong with he?  No Bronchitis, Pneumonia or dangerous Fever...pad up.  We could lie and say he twist he ankle and give him a runner.  Like dey put obeah on we best batsman or what?   :(

thats the new way of saying ah take money.... :devil:

God is de BOSS....

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2008, 10:38:54 AM »
watch de highlights last night, and what i doh understand is this...

dey say chanderpaul couldnt bat because he had a viral illness.. But in de highlights i see my boy rock back in de pavilion..   ???

What is that scene??

If yuh well enough to make it into de ground, den yuh ass supposed to be well enough to go out and hold ah bat.. When i hear viral illness i thought de man was on a bed in hospital or lock up in he hotel room at de very least... but he was at the game.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2008, 12:19:02 PM »
watch de highlights last night, and what i doh understand is this...

dey say chanderpaul couldnt bat because he had a viral illness.. But in de highlights i see my boy rock back in de pavilion..   ???

What is that scene??

If yuh well enough to make it into de ground, den yuh ass supposed to be well enough to go out and hold ah bat.. When i hear viral illness i thought de man was on a bed in hospital or lock up in he hotel room at de very least... but he was at the game.

I all for giving 100% every time and all that but you have to consider what good it doing Chanderpaul to go out there to bat? To just extend the game a little bit? We have lots of cricket coming up and we need Chanderpaul available. Plus the amount Chanderpaul has given to West Indies cricket, don't you think he deserves at least the benefit of the doubt?

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2008, 04:38:53 PM »
chanderpaul batting wouldnt have made a difference..it would have just delay de cutarse...if de man say he sick well he sick

i think ramdin improving..he has some ways to go, replacing him might sound good but with who.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2008, 09:30:31 PM »
We neva say  dat Chandwes would have won d game but Gayle wit ge sic hand and foot take d field
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>