March 28, 2024, 01:52:43 PM

Author Topic: Adrian Foncette Thread  (Read 4839 times)

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Adrian Foncette Thread
« on: January 08, 2008, 11:30:01 AM »
Adrian Foncette received therapy
By Marsha Mokool (T&T Guardian)

Adrian Foncette was only 18 when he was told that he may never have the use of his left hand again following a freak accident which burst the muscles in his forearm.

The Fatima student, a goal keeper for his school team, was in a state of melancholy for months after his hopes of becoming a professional football player were dashed to the ground.

Just before the accident he had been offered a football scholarship from a university in the United States.

The accident occurred last May while he was travelling in a taxi. His arm was hanging out the window when another vehicle slammed into the car, severing the tendons in his forearm in the process.

Since the accident, he has had four surgeries, including a skin graft and a tendon transfer in Miami.

“After the accident the local surgeons said I would not be able to use my left hand at all and I may never be able to play football again,” said Foncette.

But he was able to beat the odds with dual treatment of physical and occupational therapy and is now back on the field again.

His occupational therapist Leslie Garcia said Foncette could not even pick up a cup after the accident. “After the surgery I taught him how to use the newly attached muscles in his left arm so he can get full range of motion of his wrist. In just a few months he was able to play football again,” said Garcia.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 01:55:07 PM by Flex »

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Re: Adrian Foncette receives therapy
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 11:53:00 AM »
Very positive story  :thumbsup: good luck to the youth.

A little advise though Rasta: ah think you coulda edit the story and just leave the football related part at the beginning and then just link the rest ah the story.

Also you need to site the source, thank you very much  :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Adrian Foncette receives therapy
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 03:52:29 PM »
god bless
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Foncette voted America East's Men's Soccer Fans' Choice Player of the Year
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 08:12:17 PM »
Foncette voted America East's Men's Soccer Fans' Choice Player of the Year
By America East Communications

University at Albany's Adrian Foncette is the 2011 America East Men's Soccer Fans' Choice Player of the Year as voted on by nearly over 500 unique fans on the conference's Facebook page.

Foncette, a senior goalkeeper, received 35 percent of the vote (195 votes) to earn the award. Boston University's Stephen Knox followed in second with 20 percent (113 votes) while University of Vermont's Yannick Lewis was third with 14 percent (80 votes).

Foncette ranks among the league leaders in every major goalkeeping category. He's third in goals-against average (1.15 GAA) and second in save percentage (.790) and saves per game (4.57 spg). Foncette also has four shutouts on the season, including three in conference play. He set an America East record for saves in a conference game when he stopped 15 shots in a 2-1 loss to UMBC on Oct. 1.

This is the third straight year America East has given out a Fans' Choice Player of the Year award in men's soccer with Binghamton University's Jason Stenta (2009) and Boston University's Ben Berube (2010) earning the first two honors.

Voting for the 2011 award from October 26-November 1 with one player of each member institution named to the ballot. The America East All-Conference teams will be announced via release at AmericaEast.com at 2 p.m. on Thursday.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Adrian Foncette
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 07:25:39 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5rf7CPSc8oI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5rf7CPSc8oI</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Goalkeeper Foncette joins North East Stars.
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 09:10:40 AM »
Goalkeeper Foncette joins North East Stars.
ttproleague.com.

“If he wasn’t any good, then he wouldn’t be here,” was the reaction of North East Stars Head Coach Angus Eve over his signing of goalkeeper Adrian Foncette.

The 23 year old former St. Ann’s Rangers and San Juan Jabloteh youth goalie recently completed his studies at University Albany (2008-2012) majoring in economics and minored in business while balancing his top performances as Albany goalkeeper.

Foncette, a former Trinidad and Tobago U-17 and U-20 goalkeeper, signed a one-year agreement with North East Stars, with aspirations to someday play professionally in the US or Europe.

“It feels good to be back home,” he said on joining North East Stars. “Home is where the heart is.”

“Even though the League is under a little pressure here, at North East it’s a really good professional environment and family like base,” added the goalkeeper.

“I’ve looked at options in the US and it’s still up in the open. But I live life as it comes, today for today.

“This is where I am right now, but I’m hoping to be back in the US or somewhere in Europe.”

Foncette believes joining the Sangre Grande club will be the jump needed to propel his career.

He said, “This is a professional team and a professional environment with great technical staff, great players, so I believe this would be a very good kick start to my professional career.”

It’s also more than joining the club near his home-town of Arima.

“I’m a goalkeeper, and goalkeeping coaches are a rare commodity in Trinidad and Tobago,” explained Foncette.

“I worked with Brian James (former Jabloteh goalkeeper and goalkeeping coach) while at Jabloteh and he is here now [as goalkeeper coach], so this is why I’m here along with a great coach, Angus Eve and a lot of good young players who I’ve grown up playing with.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Goalkeeper Foncette joins North East Stars.
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 11:06:13 AM »
Time rel friggin' flyin' boy!!    Good luck, young Fella.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Adrian Foncette Thread
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 01:55:15 PM »
Adrian Foncette currently on trials in Turkey.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2016, 02:22:30 PM »
Nice news. Keep aiming to break out the comfort zone and get more exposure. Good luck Warrior baller.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2016, 03:18:32 PM »
Very timely Field of Dreams Episode 24 on Goalkeeping
With Clayton Ince, Anthony Clarke, Steve David, Narada ....

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zTy471lHang" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zTy471lHang</a>
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 02:47:38 AM »
This thread could get plenty traction between January 4 and 9.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Foncette ready to save T&T
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 06:25:34 PM »
Foncette ready to save T&T
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday)

GOALKEEPER Adrian Foncette, one of the heroes of the Trinidad and Tobago football team on Tuesday night, wants to play more regularly as the country shifts focus on the Qatar 2022 World Cup.

Foncette was a key figure at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva, as he made some brilliant saves to help T&T upset USA 2-1 and prevent the Americans from qualifying for the Russia 2018 World Cup.

Foncette, who started ahead of regular first choice goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams in the last two games, said the victory was indescribable. “Honestly it is one (feeling) words can’t really explain. It is a great feeling and one I was always looking forward to,” Foncette said.

The Police FC player said he was ready for the opportunity when called upon by coach Dennis Lawrence.

“When I was called, they (T&T coaches) wanted to make a few changes. I was looking forward to playing to redeem myself from my last two games. Dennis (Lawrence) showed us the direction he wanted to go in. I was looking forward to it and I was not surprised but I was prepared to play if called upon.”

The 29 year old said he hopes to cement his spot between the uprights as he wants to play as much as possible. “Hopefully (I can play more often), this is my dream and I am living it right now. If I could play every single game, I want to play every single game.”

Foncette paid tribute to T&T’s other goalies Williams and Marvin Phillip and said his hard work is paying off.

“I learned a lot from both Jan and Marvin, being around them for an extensive period of time. Just the willingness to work, going in and getting the job done every single day. Having gym sessions and training sessions (helped), both with the club and the national team. Just putting in the work day in, day out.”

Foncette made an important diving save in the 88th minute of the game to keep out a header which he described as his best save of the match. “I think (it was) because of the timing of it. I must say hats off to Dennis and the work that they did in terms of the scouting report on the teams.

Foncette, although playing well against T&T, was also impressive in T&T’s 3-1 loss to Mexico last Friday – a game the national goalie felt he and his teammates learned from.

TT conceded three late goals to throw a away a 1-0 lead and Foncette said the team did not want to slip up again.

“It was late in the game and it was already 2-1 (vs USA) so we made up our minds that we were not going to let it slip away from us. That happened to us in Mexico, the last 10 minutes we let that one slip from us. Myself and the back four, especially Curtis Gonzales we made sure that we were not going to let us slip away.”

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 06:45:31 PM »
During the game vs Mex. The commentary was in Eng. by two Mexicans. And halfway through the first half they were impressed with AF. They said this guy could play in one of the Latin Leagues but "he has to play in higher league than what is in Trinidad."
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2017, 01:52:57 AM »
I think the next game TT play, Greg should start. Is high time.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2020, 08:33:50 PM »
WATCH: Goalkeeper Adrian Foncette and midfielder John-Paul Rochford talk about return to National Team Training

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/82DsuT_9Woo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/82DsuT_9Woo</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Goalkeeper Foncette: T&T squad need to be ready.
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2020, 06:13:27 AM »
Goalkeeper Foncette: T&T squad need to be ready.
By Jelani Beckles (Newsday).

T&T men’s football team goalkeeper Adrian Foncette said the training camp currently taking place is crucial for the local-based squad as they need to be ready when tournaments resume.

Foncette is enjoying the time back in training since covid19 measures started to be relaxed. The national team resumed training four weeks ago at the Police Barracks Ground in St James.

Foncette, 31, who has 15 caps for T&T, spoke to the media following a session led by coach Terry Fenwick, which included more than 35 players.

The Police FC goalkeeper said, “To be honest and to be fair, it is just good to get the ball rolling again. It is good to play some football. It has been over three months since we have not been able to do anything based on the situation going on worldwide. It is good that he (Fenwick) was proactive in his decision to get the national team back training and to get football back going…with this here I think it is a breath of fresh air.”

Foncette, who is one of the more experienced players in training, said the training camp has a lot of young talented players and everybody has a positive attitude.

Asked if it is a strange feeling training when you are uncertain when the next competitive match is, Foncette said, “You could look at it both ways. You don’t want to look at the negative side of it as we just training for training sake at this point in time. As I said before it is good to get the ball rolling again, it is good to be playing football because it does not make sense not playing football and then push come to shove next week or next month we have international games and then you unprepared for it.”

Foncette said he is counting on the return of local club football.

“That is very important for us…the league here is a job for a lot of the players here. That is the way they get paid, that is the way they feed their families.”

« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 06:42:10 AM by Flex »

1]; } ?>