April 24, 2024, 12:44:46 AM

Author Topic: The 2008 U.S. Presidential Election Thread  (Read 162734 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: The 2008 U.S. Presidential Election Thread
« Reply #1650 on: November 04, 2008, 09:28:51 PM »
"I voted for him
becor he blaack" ;D
Barack Obama RULES!!!!

It is Time for Americans to take back their country from those FAR right Republicans
read this  http://www.theocracywatch.org/
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: November 04, 2008, 10:04:34 PM »
Congrats Mr. Obama....ah mean Mr. President!!!!  :beermug:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: November 04, 2008, 10:07:24 PM »
President elect
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #1653 on: November 04, 2008, 10:16:04 PM »
Well, you won't have old W to misunderestimate anymore...

Congrats Obama. Living history.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: November 04, 2008, 10:21:21 PM »
POSITIVE!!! :applause: :applause: :salute: :salute: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: November 04, 2008, 10:23:50 PM »
May the good Lord guide and protect president Obama.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: November 04, 2008, 10:29:11 PM »

indeed. i hope he gets together a good cabinet to help him make some good decisions. the job is not easy but he is a praying fella so he should be alright.  (he done start to get gray already though)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: November 04, 2008, 10:33:58 PM »

indeed. i hope he gets together a good cabinet to help him make some good decisions. the job is not easy but he is a praying fella so he should be alright.  (he done start to get gray already though)
That is one job that I have noticed that takes an enormous toll on who ever has it. It ent play that it is extremely difficult.

God Bless You Barack Obama
ah betya he feelin jez like Black Stalin tonight ;D

Well, you won't have old W to misunderestimate anymore...
small clarification:
dont forget he was appointed by the supreme court of the USA
He was not elected
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 11:28:10 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: November 04, 2008, 10:45:00 PM »

Now all the trinis that coulda vote or couldna vote in the people election OBAMA win so shut up doh say nutten and let Bake and Shark answer these question ?
This is a man whose opinion I respect above all others as far as politics, law, social sciences, economics, geopolitical issues, global warming , football, music, cars, womanising, drinking, death penalty, how to buy a house and keep it, why the sun does bun mih eyes and last but not  least the linguistic capabilities of inuit migrants in southern florida.

What going and change for Trinidad and Tobago as a result of Obama being president?

Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: November 04, 2008, 10:45:22 PM »
Bush invite d Obamas 2 d white house
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: November 04, 2008, 10:58:17 PM »

Now all the trinis that coulda vote or couldna vote in the people election OBAMA win so shut up doh say nutten and let Bake and Shark answer these question ?
This is a man whose opinion I respect above all others as far as politics, law, social sciences, economics, geopolitical issues, global warming , football, music, cars, womanising, drinking, death penalty, how to buy a house and keep it, why the sun does bun mih eyes and last but not  least the linguistic capabilities of inuit migrants in southern florida.

What going and change for Trinidad and Tobago as a result of Obama being president?

Manning will be inspired to declare himself as a Monarch.... "Emperor Patrick"

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: November 04, 2008, 11:05:31 PM »

Manning will be inspired to declare himself as a Monarch.... "Emperor Patrick"

Yuhsee whay ah say let B&S answer.  :rotfl:

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: November 04, 2008, 11:25:57 PM »
Does this mean that Trinis will get to see Obama in the flesh at the summit of the Americas in April next year?

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: November 04, 2008, 11:37:56 PM »
weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. ...to a new Era.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: November 05, 2008, 12:02:03 AM »

A new era ?
 Ok we can say that a black american as president is a mommentus acheivement, but not one that would not have happened.

But what new era?

You guys may be having too high expectations for this really means.

6mths, 2yrs, 4 yrs from now , what do you expect ?

World peace ?
or less
Less strife and suffering in Africa?
A solution to the Plaestine Israel problem
A worldwide economic resurgence ?
Can Obama create all that ?
What about in America ?
A change in value systems?
Better health care ?

What are reall expectations ?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: November 05, 2008, 12:35:08 AM »

Hard to say... but it have other equally qualified voices on the forum that could chip in and add to the discussion  :beermug:

I fully expect greater equity in the relationship between the US and her caribbean neigbors, yes... including TnT. Why?  Because finally we have someone in the White House who has a true sense of perspective beyond the myopic borders of the United States proper. 

Obama is more cultured than any President we have seen in recent years, his popularity around the world, his populist leanings, his appreciation for a diversity of voices before committing to action means that he'll be a more conciliatory President than even Jimmy Carter was on the global stage.  He has earned tremendous political capital the world over and he'll likely be loathe to squander in a manner that rejects global consensus... or at minimum, global input.

For these reasons I believe he'll appreciate TnT for what she can be, a true strategic partner in the region... we are poised moreso than any other country in the caribbean to be THE leader... yet this was never recognized by the Bush cabal, all we got from them was pandering and patronization, UNTIL we became an energy leader and America's largest natural gas supplier.

Now, for a change we stand a chance on improving on our relationship with a new Washington, one which isn't concerned as much about preaching from the bully pulpit, but rather one which is interested in consensus-building.  One which will recognize that we can be a significant ally in the fight to counter the ideological (if not security) threat that is Chavez' Venezuela.

All of these are very high-level, admittedly optimistic projections which cannot be boiled down to concrete, tangible talking points (certainly not at 1:34 in the morning, lol).  But I really do feel that whatever the changes, it's a harbinger of a new positive direction.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
The New World.
« Reply #1667 on: November 05, 2008, 12:51:32 AM »
Just wanna express my elation with President Obama success, and the what he represents. I believe that his election would have the most positive effect on not only America, rather, the world as a whole.

This is a sign of many greater things to come. I am sure that many mother's who worry about their children out in the both wars, are now somewhat appeased that they will soon be embracing their loved ones.

Also, I recently joined the armed forces, the Navy, and I feel much safer under President Barack Obama, as well as, I also feel somewhat prouder to serve under him. I never really felt patriotic about the Navy, because I'm a Trini to the bone, but now this feeling has been lit in me.

So congrats to America, and the entire world!!!! cheers! :beermug:
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The New World.
« Reply #1668 on: November 05, 2008, 01:56:47 AM »
Mods do all yuh wuk backroom

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The New World.
« Reply #1669 on: November 05, 2008, 04:16:25 AM »
what team this Obama guy playing for ?
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: November 05, 2008, 05:50:47 AM »

Hard to say... but it have other equally qualified voices on the forum that could chip in and add to the discussion  :beermug:

I fully expect greater equity in the relationship between the US and her caribbean neigbors, yes... including TnT. Why?  Because finally we have someone in the White House who has a true sense of perspective beyond the myopic borders of the United States proper. 

Obama is more cultured than any President we have seen in recent years, his popularity around the world, his populist leanings, his appreciation for a diversity of voices before committing to action means that he'll be a more conciliatory President than even Jimmy Carter was on the global stage.  He has earned tremendous political capital the world over and he'll likely be loathe to squander in a manner that rejects global consensus... or at minimum, global input.

For these reasons I believe he'll appreciate TnT for what she can be, a true strategic partner in the region... we are poised moreso than any other country in the caribbean to be THE leader... yet this was never recognized by the Bush cabal, all we got from them was pandering and patronization, UNTIL we became an energy leader and America's largest natural gas supplier.

Now, for a change we stand a chance on improving on our relationship with a new Washington, one which isn't concerned as much about preaching from the bully pulpit, but rather one which is interested in consensus-building.  One which will recognize that we can be a significant ally in the fight to counter the ideological (if not security) threat that is Chavez' Venezuela.

All of these are very high-level, admittedly optimistic projections which cannot be boiled down to concrete, tangible talking points (certainly not at 1:34 in the morning, lol).  But I really do feel that whatever the changes, it's a harbinger of a new positive direction.

When yuh making yuh run for the senate ?? ;D ;D

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: November 05, 2008, 07:39:47 AM »
Fish I on kicks.... ;D

Great things will come from Bakes in the future..... watch and see....!  :beermug:

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: November 05, 2008, 07:44:02 AM »
 :applause: :applause:

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: November 05, 2008, 08:19:44 AM »

A new era ?
 Ok we can say that a black american as president is a mommentus acheivement, but not one that would not have happened.

But what new era?

You guys may be having too high expectations for this really means.

6mths, 2yrs, 4 yrs from now , what do you expect ?

World peace ?
or less
Less strife and suffering in Africa?
A solution to the Plaestine Israel problem
A worldwide economic resurgence ?
Can Obama create all that ?
What about in America ?
A change in value systems?
Better health care ?

What are reall expectations ?

Fish go and listen to this all over again all thee way to thee end. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrXkBuWNx88

Let meh know when yuh done, so ah could give yuh thee definition of  a “New Era”

« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 08:22:06 AM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: November 05, 2008, 09:02:00 AM »
Campaign financial trail:2.5 billion.

Hocky b*&h's clothes: 150K.

teachin' Jesse Jackson a lesson in politics and diplomacy: worth my weight in gold

Watching the pitbull pack her lipstick, her idiot first dude, dysfunctional soon-to-be son-in-law
 and head back to WASSUP Wasilla, PRICELESS!!

It pays to discover: Vote Obama and be a part of History; vote john mccain and BE history!
Git outta here, beeyatches!! 

You BETCHA!!   ;)

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #1675 on: November 05, 2008, 09:40:53 AM »
teachin' Jesse Jackson a lesson in politics and diplomacy: worth my weight in gold

I am not a Jesse backer but I learned something interesting last night.

The current DNC nomination system of assigning state delegates proportionately, as opposed to "winner take all", like the Republicans and National election, was hammered out by Jesse Jackson and Dukakis.

Jackson basically wanted to get Delegates earned in losses in urban states lke NY, NJ and PA. Without the current system it is more than likely that Hillary would have had a much bigger delegate lead after Super Tuesday and before the super delegates voted and they could have gone her way instead of Obama's.

I could be wrong but I believe she won the big states CA, NY, PA, NJ, MA. I don't know what the delegate counts were for these compared to the ones that Obama won but his ability to keep Hillary to "close wins" instead of blowouts was instrumental to him closing the deal.

Either way Jackson was a forerunner and should get some credit for ploughing a path, even if we may not trust him or like him.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: November 05, 2008, 09:49:55 AM »

;D...dais de first ting I thought he woulda do

Congrats to the people of the united states  :applause: ..ah really thought they woulda zag..but they zig instead

Just some random thoughts:
Barack win, Hamilton win and gas is 86cents ah litre..life good

Jesse Jackson and he crocodile tears irritate me...dais not de man who was goin and "cut obama nuts off" a few weeks ago?

Fox news is real kicks...when dey realize it have no hope dey focus de whole broadcast on republicans in individual states who winnin.......and usin ah black reporter named lynch

CNN broadcast look like any minute Darth vader woulda walk in dey start peltin light saber

Not just de pic...check de byline...upstate NY paper  

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: November 05, 2008, 09:58:28 AM »

I am not a Jesse backer but I learned something interesting last night.

The current DNC nomination system of assigning state delegates proportionately, as opposed to "winner take all", like the Republicans and National election, was hammered out by Jesse Jackson and Dukakis.

Jackson basically wanted to get Delegates earned in losses in urban states lke NY, NJ and PA. Without the current system it is more than likely that Hillary would have had a much bigger delegate lead after Super Tuesday and before the super delegates voted and they could have gone her way instead of Obama's.

I could be wrong but I believe she won the big states CA, NY, PA, NJ, MA. I don't know what the delegate counts were for these compared to the ones that Obama won but his ability to keep Hillary to "close wins" instead of blowouts was instrumental to him closing the deal.

Either way Jackson was a forerunner and should get some credit for ploughing a path, even if we may not trust him or like him.

JDB, I really just put dat in there as a filler, I jes' gettin kicks, man.  I have so much respect for Jesse and so many others like him and Harry Belafonte and Dick Gregory and too many others like them that were instrumental in the ENTIRE struggle.....I jes' takin a lil' poke at 'im.  I really think that he suffers more jealousy about not being as recognized as he would like to for his part in the struggle than anything else.  I could be wrong, but I hope I'm not.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: November 05, 2008, 10:44:40 AM »

;D...dais de first ting I thought he woulda do

Congrats to the people of the united states  :applause: ..ah really thought they woulda zag..but they zig instead

Just some random thoughts:
Barack win, Hamilton win and gas is 86cents ah litre..life good -- in troot

Jesse Jackson and he crocodile tears irritate me...dais not de man who was goin and "cut obama nuts off" a few weeks ago?

Fox news is real kicks...when dey realize it have no hope dey focus de whole broadcast on republicans in individual states who winnin.......and usin ah black reporter named lynch

CNN broadcast look like any minute Darth vader woulda walk in dey start peltin light saber - the studio look like the bridge of the death star

Not just de pic...check de byline...upstate NY paper   - I slow today . .how is it clever? what is the reference? btw - that is your thumb on the left?

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #1679 on: November 05, 2008, 10:57:35 AM »
Crazy:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8iBlmjtSDxk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8iBlmjtSDxk</a>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iBlmjtSDxk

« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 11:38:03 AM by E-man »

1]; } ?>