April 25, 2024, 12:28:33 AM

Author Topic: TSTT Thread  (Read 14676 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
TSTT Thread
« on: January 08, 2008, 03:44:05 PM »
Tuesday, January 8th 2008

MAJORITY State-owned telecommunications provider, Telecommunications Services of Trinidad and Tobago, suffered an enormous after tax loss of $239 million for the financial year ended March 31, 2007, which is almost double the company's preliminary estimate.

Executives at TSTT said last year that their "preliminary, unaudited estimate" of the company's financial results for the year ended March 31, 2007, hinted that the company would declare a huge loss of $122 million.

However, TSTT's official, audited Report and Financial Statements, which were laid in the Parliament yesterday, revealed that the telecommunications company had actually almost doubled that initial figure and declared an operating loss of $239 million.

This is the first ever loss for TSTT, which recorded a profit of $261 million just one year before in the financial year ended March 31, 2006.

In light of the loss, the company's board of directors did not recommend the payment of any dividends relating to the financial year.

A major contributor to TSTT's massive, first ever loss was the liberalisation of the local telecommunications market, which brought about the entry of international cellular provider Digicel in 2006.

On Digicel's arrival, TSTT embarked on a multi-million dollar advertising and marketing campaign to retain its share in the newly competitive local mobile telephone market.

The company also suffered millions dollars in losses through rampant vandalism and theft of its cables around the country, and international roaming fraud and pre-paid fraud.

TSTT is 51 per cent owned by the State and 49 per cent by telecoms giant Cable and Wireless.

TSTT is managed under State enterprise National Enterprises Limited (NEL), which also recorded financial losses for the financial year ending March 31, 2007, compared to the same period in the previous year.

Driselle Ramjohn dramjohn@trinidadexpress.com

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article?id=161260778

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: $239m loss for TSTT
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 05:32:41 PM »
I didn't realize that losses were taxed.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TSTT looking to cut staff
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 06:56:56 AM »
Firm records $239m loss

Saturday, January 12th 2008

TELECOMMUNICATIONS provider, TSTT, is looking at reducing its staff, selling its properties and other methods of cutting costs, following the company's massive $239 million loss at the end of the March 31, 2007 financial year.

TSTT chief financial officer, Rakesh Goswami, told the Express yesterday that the liberalisation of the local telecommunications market had contributed significantly to the company's loss, and that for this financial year, TSTT's management had been actively "trying to turn the ship around".

Goswami explained that the $239 million loss was due to a $122 million operating loss and $187 in book losses, which is a comparison of the assets that the company has on its books with the revenues that those assets are expected to generate.

The total loss was $309 million, but because of a tax credit of $70 million received, because the company made a loss), the total loss was reduced to $239 million.

TSTT, in the previous financial year ended March 31, 2006, made a profit of $261 million.

Goswami said the reasons for the loss was broken up into four major categories.

One was increased advertising to the tune of $188 million, in order to maintain market share with the entry of cellular provider Digicel into the market. This is twice as much as the company spent in previous years.

Another major expense was the subsidy of some 400,000 cellular handsets (phones) to TSTT customers-another part of its marketing promotion, which cost the company close to $250 million.

The third reason, Goswami explained, was some $120 million lost in international roaming fraud under the heading of bad debt. The fourth reason was the book losses.

"TSTT's management, what we call the central leadership team of TSTT, is very, very committed to turning the ship around. I think what is absolutely critical for everyone to understand, is that it is no longer business as usual, the market has changed. Competition is here to stay and now there's Flow on the broadband side," Goswami.

The CFO said TSTT will be taking on more skilled, analytical staff, which will replace some of the company's unskilled workers, and some of these unskilled workers will also be replaced by new technologies in the industry.

He added that in an effort to cut costs and generate more revenues, TSTT sold three of its properties, in San Fernando, Chaguanas and Couva, at a total of some $25 million.

Goswami said that the company has already reduced its advertising this year to $60 million and that there are other cost cutting exercises in the works.

Driselle Ramjohn dramjohn@trinidadexpress.com
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article?id=161262887
Youtube Channel

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: TSTT looking to cut staff
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 08:03:21 AM »
The third reason, Goswami explained, was some $120 million lost in international roaming fraud under the heading of bad debt.

Seriously?  That is real slackness.  How de hell you could lose so much in fraud?  People supposed to go to jail with that kinda massive loss.  I question spending so much on advertizing and promotion to keep market share but MAYBE it debateable.  But losing $120 million in fraud just so like is business as usual?  Anybody resign?  Who get charge?  They looking to recover the money...it must have a trail....how the investigation going?  geez.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 08:10:00 AM »
dcs....i myself read that then steupse.

But if memory serves me, wasn't there some investigation some time ago when dey arrested 5-15 persons in connection with fraud ???

Now i'm talking members of staff and not on the Executive level

So now with their mis-management of money, lower level staff losing their jobs...... :-\

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 05:26:13 PM »
It was no fraud dey put roaming on everybody post paid phone and neva give any info so when peeps get dem high bills dey refuse 2 pay
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TSTT penalised for not starting cable tv service
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 06:41:07 PM »
BY ASHA JAVEED

Telecommunications Services of T&T (TSTT) yesterday admitted that it forfeited $750,000 to the Telecommunications Authority of T&T (TATT) for its failure to launch its cable television service.

TSTT said it is running trails on the service but would not launch it immediately.

The $750,000 was part of a $1.5 million performance bond TATT asked TSTT to post when it did not meet its deadline to start the service.

TSTT now has until month-end to show why the entire bond should not be forfeited. The company has written to TATT asking for an extension. TSTT’s communications manager Camille Salandy said the company was just recovering from a negative financial position.

TSTT was granted a cable television concession two years ago but has failed to capitalise on its license. As a result, cable company Flow has maintained its near monopoly of the local cable television market despite increasing customer complaints about its service.

Flow is upgrading from an analog to a digital system to improve service but has been criticised for higher prices, poor reception as well as its programme offering after moving some channels from its basic package to subscription packages.

TATT’s plan to liberalise the cable market was short-lived after Flow purchased the Cable Company of T&T (CCTT), thereby recreating a monopoly.

But that was only possible because of the failure of TSTT and the Independent Cable Operators (ICNTT) to begin their cable television services.

There are two niche operators: RVR International and Computer and Technology Services Ltd (CTSL) which provide cable services in Mayaro and Princes Town respectively.

Telstar Cable System Ltd was also awarded a band by TATT to offer wireless cable TV service.

TATT’s acting executive director Cris Seecheran confirmed that TSTT had requested an extension, but lamented that the competition TATT envisioned for the local market had not materialised.

TSTT’s financial troubles has forced it to make careful choices about the technology it selects for its cable service. TSTT’s vice president marketing Bill Powell, previously told the Guardian that the company could also seek external funding to start its cable service.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/business1.html
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 06:46:48 PM by Die.Hard.Warrior »
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TSTT penalised for not starting cable tv service
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 06:43:47 PM »
tstt doing shit and in shit. Digicel rel giving dem hell
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 07:00:41 PM »
Who hear want cable from TSTT. Betta d devil yuh have than a new devil. I move over a mth ago and up 2 now I cyah get a land line from dem. I have 2 give dem a neighbour number. Then somebosy tell me becasue dey upgrade dey voice mail dey was doin anyting with relocation. Like multi taskin is a foreign concept 4 dem
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2008, 10:43:03 AM »
stueps i still waiting on BLINK and i sign up since october  :-\
Youtube Channel

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2008, 11:32:55 AM »
stueps i still waiting on BLINK and i sign up since october  :-\

That could be a blessing...hope Flow reach your area before Blink call.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2008, 09:32:42 AM »
well I had thief cable from before which had stop working since Dec of last year so I had to beite the bullet and pay for flow.

Initially I ordered Blink since the end of October last year and of course they haven't reached since. I then called Flow 2 weeks ago and they promptly came last Friday and installed cable and internet.

Now the cable aight, I got all the stations free for a month to try, the internet is mediocre at best.
It work good for an hour stop working or a while and up to 6 yesterday evening it was f'ing up.

So these days is the lesser of 2 evils.

Més que un club.

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2008, 10:09:15 AM »
Hold tight. not sure you all know this already, but T&Tec is testing/working on a new service. Internet and cable via your power lines.

"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2008, 06:48:43 PM »
i rather flow yes frig blink, i hope they come fast
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TSTT Thread
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2008, 12:58:25 PM »
Digicel: TSTT to blame for no inter-network texting
Julien Neaves jneaves@trinidadexpress.com

TELECOMMUNICATIONS company Digicel is claiming that the reason you cannot send text messages from your Digicel phone to bmobile and vice versa is because of their competitor Telecommunications Services of Trinidad and Tobago (TSTT).

"TSTT continues to compromise service to their own bmobile customers as well as Digicel customers by refusing to acknowledge the agreement that is in place that would allow customers to text freely across the networks," Digicel said in a release on Monday.

In response, TSTT executive VP mobile Gary Barrow commented that the company is "very surprised by this unfortunate and misleading comment from Digicel."

"We have no such agreement implied or otherwise in place and are currently in good faith negotiations and technical discussions that would facilitate SMS (short messaging service) inter-networking," he noted.

Barrow added that Digicel has had a draft commercial agreement (from TSTT) "in their hands for some time now and TSTT has been awaiting their comments."

Digicel was responding to comments made by TSTT vice president legal and fixed and carrier services, Lisa Agard, at a media conference on Monday.

Agard, commenting on the arbitration panel judgment last Saturday on TSTT/Digicel interconnection rates, said that TSTT would not have to increase their rates to customers due to interconnection.

She explained this was a result of a panel decision that both parties should pay each other 40 cents per minute for the following calls: fixed line to Digicel, bmobile to Digicel and Digicel to bmobile. Digicel had wanted TSTT to pay them 97 cents per minute.

In the release, Digicel countered that it was "entirely misleading" for TSTT/bmobile to claim that interconnection termination rates directly affect the charges paid by mobile customers.

The company pointed out that the panel had ruled in their favour on the majority (12 of 14) of the decisions it was asked to make, but remained concerned with the proposed interconnection termination rates.

"This ruling does not take into consideration the considerable investment required to enter the market and will have a significant negative impact on whether another telecommunications provider decides to invest in Trinidad and Tobago," according to Digicel CEO Niall Dorrian. The arbitration panel has given the two companies 30 days for a reconciliation exercise followed by a month of determining amounts payable and due.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_business?id=161292171
Youtube Channel

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Digicel: TSTT to blame for no inter-network texting
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 11:15:23 AM »
How long  has it being like this?

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 06:16:33 AM by rastafari »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 11:23:24 AM »

Is the pits....it really is a disincentive to switching because u wudn't be able to communicate properly with certain people.

I find TATT shud mandate they open up the texting NOW. I doh understand the delay.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 11:54:30 AM »
i thinks they waiting till they officially sign the agreement first, is just bad mind that's all
Youtube Channel

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 12:56:25 PM »
i thinks they waiting till they officially sign the agreement first, is just bad mind that's all

All that retroactive money TSTT have to pay digicel....are any customers going to be compensated for paying higher rates?
answer is no.  unless customers didn't have to actually pay more which i doubt.

Class action lawsuit I tell u!! (never happen but the day it does in T&T will be a great day)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 08:04:15 PM »
Mobile customers spared rate hike
Panel ruling on interconnection issue...
Julien Neaves jneaves@trinidadexpress.com

Tuesday, March 11th 2008

signed agreement soon: Lisa Agard

Telecommunications Services of Trinidad and Tobago (TSTT) customers would have had to pay between 44 and 88 per cent more to call Digicel mobile phones if Digicel had gotten its way in recently concluded arbitration on interconnection rates, says TSTT vice president legal and fixed and carrier services Lisa Agard.

She was speaking yesterday during a media conference at TSTT head office, Independence Square, Port of Spain, on the decision handed down by the arbitration panel on final interconnection rates on Saturday.

Agard noted that the panel agreed with TSTT that the interconnect rate structure should be the same for each party, turning down Digicel's position that they should be able to charge TSTT more than TSTT charged them.

She said that the most important and highest rate was the mobile termination rate, what mobile operators pay each other and what fixed line customers pay.

She noted that TSTT had proposed that fixed line calls to Digicel, bmobile to Digicel, and Digicel to bmobile would be 38.7 cents per minute while Digicel had proposed that TSTT would pay them 97 cents per minute, about 10 cents more than the current fixed mobile rate.

She reported that the panel had decided that both parties would pay 40 cents per minute, a 142 per cent reduction of Digicel's proposed rate. Agard said that if Digicel was successful in this decision TSTT would have had to immediately increase its rates to its fixed line customers to call Digicel by 56 per cent, mobile prepaid by 44 per cent and postpaid bmobile customers would have to immediately pay 88 per cent more.

Digicel in a release at the weekend said the company was pleased with the decision by the panel and noted the following decisions in their favour:

-TSTT must pay Digicel for the costs of using Digicel's network from the time of Digicel's launch on April 6, 2006

-TSTT mandated to reduce by 42 per cent the amount TSTT wanted to charge Digicel for calling TSTT's fixed line network (Digicel will pay TSTT seven cents per minutes, five cents less than TSTT's figure)

-stopped TSTT from levying an additional charge on Digicel calling TSTT's mobile network (a transit rate)

Agard noted that the arbitration panel had given both companies 30 days for a "reconciliation exercise" to look at what minutes have traversed the network over the period concerned and to do a quantification exercise.

She noted that following this period there will be 15 days to determine amounts payable and another 15 days to pay amounts which may be due. Agard said that both parties should be looking towards signing an interconnection agreement within that period.

Youtube Channel

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2008, 06:18:37 AM »
Since the inception of digicel's network.

Has it ever been possible to send texts from a b-mobile phone?

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2008, 10:33:03 AM »
Since the inception of digicel's network.

Has it ever been possible to send texts from a b-mobile phone?

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

nope, tstt own the interconnection equipment and they have not enabled it, until a agreement is signed. only Voice calls work, u cant even forward a call from tstt to digicel. They were even blocking digicel calls at one point in time, claiming network congestion until they get sue and lose they case.
Youtube Channel

AirMan

TSTT Thread
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2010, 12:31:11 PM »
TSTT launches WiMAX – cheaper wireless network

See Video Inside http://ctntworld.com/TechArticles.aspx?id=20160

TSTT launches WiMAX – cheaper wireless network

TSTT has launched a cheaper, more powerful, wireless network expected to bring coverage to 85% of the country.

It's called WiMAX, a new 4th generation wireless technology said to benefit both business and home users.

TSTT is announcing the latest addition to its WiFi technology to go along with its Blink on the Go.

It's called WiMAX, the first 4G network in Trinidad and Tobago.

It offers greater speed than TSTT's existing wireless products, allowing faster connection speeds and fast downloads - good for both business and home use.

With all new technology the question remains, is it easy to use?

With the convenience of this little black box to make it work, TSTT's Executive Vice President of Enterprise Services, Jay Alvi says it's as simple as plug and play.

TSTT didn't need to build any new infrastructure to run its new service. It simply piggy-backed on its existing cell towers which already cover most of the country.

TSTT communications manager Graeme Suite told C news the technology was already tested at the T&T Tennis Festival last month where it was said to have performed flawlessly.

http://ctntworld.com/TechArticles.aspx?id=20160

« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 02:52:49 AM by Flex »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TSTT launches WiMAX – cheaper wireless network
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2010, 01:01:32 PM »
starting at 400 and something ? i doh find that cheap. i didnt know 2MBPS was 4G ?  ???
http://www.blinkbroadband.tt/index.cfm/1,105,0,0,html/BLINK-for-Business

its clear that service from tstt still in its infancy.

The Mobile WiMAX (IEEE 802.16e-2005) mobile wireless broadband access (MWBA) standard is sometimes branded 4G, and offers peak data rates of 128 Mbit/s downlink and 56 Mbit/s uplink over 20 MHz wide channels.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4G
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 01:06:17 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Ross tipped to get million $TSTT contract
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2011, 05:48:55 AM »
Ross tipped to get million $TSTT contract
By: Asha Javeed (T&T Guardian).

Majority state-owned Telecommunications Services of T&T (TSTT) is set to award a multi-million dollar advertising contract to Ross Advertising Ltd, the advertising agency of People’s Partnership, owned by Ernie Ross. But concern has been expressed about how Ross, who’s never handled an advertising contract for TSTT or in telecommunications before, was able to make the cut in six months after he by-passed tendering when the contract was first announced in November 2010.

This time, though, Ross passed the grade after the contract was re-structured and re-tendered last month. Lonsdale—who worked for TSTT for 20 years—was dropped as it didn’t meet the new evaluation criteria. The Sunday Guardian learnt that a TSTT team has just completed evaluations for the new tender last week and four companies were shortlisted—Ross Advertising Ltd, Valdez and Torry, McCann Erickson and CMB. Of the shortlisted four, the Sunday Guardian was informed that Ross is in the running to secure the Media Purchasing and Management Services, the most lucrative, from the telecommunications company.

Proposes six per cent commission

Ross was able to triumph because he proposed a six per cent commission as opposed to 15 per cent of the other agencies. The contract, once approved by TSTT’s board, should be awarded next week. This wasn’t the case six months ago. Last November, TSTT put out Tender Notices for Advertising and Marketing services. After an exhaustive one-month evaluation, which demanded that companies prove they have the infrastructure and resources to support an account of this magnitude, three companies were selected: two TSTT stalwarts McCann Erickson and Lonsdale and newcomer, CMB.

The Sunday Guardian understands the evaluation committee’s decision was subsequently forwarded to the TSTT board. However, unlike the two or three year contracts of the past, the board agreed to the agencies being offered six-month contracts. The “why” and “on what merit” questions lie with the TSTT board chaired by former commissioner of police, Everald Snaggs and include vice-chairman Ravi Ratiram, Brent Dumas, Randy Ramtahal and Cleveland Thomas. Ramtahal is Head of the Tenders Committee.

Breaking up the contract

A decision was taken to re-tender for the almost $50 million contract and the terms of the Request for Proposal’s (RFP) were changed. “This big account, the biggest in the local advertising world, is back up for tender again, after only several months instead of the stipulated three years. And this time, Ernie is bidding for it,” a source explained.

“But how can Ernie bid for this account when his agency is so small? This is not a short-term political hype campaign for the UNC but rather a day-to-day intense multiple product, multiple brand, multiple media client in a highly competitive environment. So, how come his is bidding even as larger agencies have refrained?  “Simple, TSTT has changed the terms of the tender, they have broken the account up into smaller parts,” the source explained. Instead of only offering “Full Advertising Agency Services,” as has been the traditional, the RFP was divided into three options—Full Advertising Agency Services, Media Purchasing and Management Services and Advertising, Promotions and Marketing Services. In addition, some of the requirements in the Gate Criteria of the first RFP—such as companies having Advertising Agencies Association (AAA) status were dropped.

“Our requirements include, but are not limited to Advertising and Promotions (A&P) Strategy; A&P executions on TV, print, radio, direct mail, video/film, still photography, digital, Out-of-Home, Point of Sale media/materials; media planning/buyer; event management; access to industry information and market research locally, regionally and internationally; conduct/facilitate market research and media monitoring,” was stated in TSTT’s RFP. “There was no way Ernie, with a staff of 12 people, which was the minimum requirement in the contract, could have handled such a big contract. When the contract was broken up, ‘he was able to get a piece of the pie,’” the Sunday Guardian was told.

Industry sources have expressed surprise at the re-tendering, telling the Sunday Guardian that it’s not normal industry practice, especially for a company as big as TSTT. Further, they’ve also expressed doubt that Ernie’s small outfit can handle the demands of a state contract coupled with his workload which include clients such as the Housing Development Corporation and MovieTowne. TSTT sources have explained that breaking up a contract like that presented a challenge as TSTT has many facets and many brands—the bmobile brand, the blink brand and TSTT.

The TSTT board

Chairman: Former commissioner of police, Everald Snaggs

Vice-chairman: Ravi Ratiram

Other members: Brent Dumas, Randy Ramtahal and Cleveland Thomas. 

Ramtahal is Head of the Tenders Committee.

Ross: I tendered like others

Contacted for comment, Ross told the Sunday Guardian that: “I have no comment to make. I tendered like all other agencies on the account. We pitched like every other company on a legitimate right.” Despite his small outfit, Ross recently secured another lucrative advertising contract—that of state carrier, Caribbean Airlines (CAL). He was selected in January.

Despite securing CAL’s contract, the Sunday Guardian learnt that one objection raised about Ernie’s selection was that Ross had no experience in branding. Further, his contract was supplemented by the retention of a consultant, Russell Price. The Sunday Guardian understands that Price is contracted as one of CAL’s strategic thinkers. Ross handled the People’s Partnership elections campaign in the run-up to general election in May 2010.

He was credited with contracting US political strategist Bernard Campbell in pursuit of a more aggressive political campaign and for writing all feature addresses of the UNC political leader, now Prime Minister, Kamla Persad-Bissessar.  Subsequently, his agency took full responsibility for the misinterpretation of promise of $3,000 for Senior Citizens Grant, an issue which the Opposition took the Partnership to task. A $3,000 pension was subsequently approved by Parliament for people 65 and over. Ross is also Guyana’s Honorary Counsel to Trinidad.

Salandy confirms re-tendering

Camille Salandy, Head of Public Relations & External Affairs at TSTT confirmed that a re-tendering was conducted. “The company did, in May of this year, re-issue another public invitation to tender after submissions from a previously conducted tender in 2010 did not fully satisfy one of the company’s primary objectives which was to derive cost savings in its advertising spend. As a result of the first tender, the company, as per its right, decided to only award a six-month interim contract, while it set about to restructure the way the contract should be awarded so as to maximise the opportunity for cost savings,” she told the Sunday Guardian.

Questioned whether the company has broken up the advertising contract into smaller accounts, she responded:  “The current six-month contract is not broken up, but the structure of the new tender which will be awarded once the process is complete, is done in such a way as to give the company the latitude to consider bids from any agency either whole or in part for any portion of the account, as they choose to bid. “With the economic pressures being faced by all, TSTT must seek, as with any other organisation, to find means to lower its operating costs. With the new structure of the tender this will give the company more options for adding efficiency and minimising spending,” she said.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

truetrini

Re: Ross tipped to get million $TSTT contract
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2011, 09:08:49 AM »
de PP doh even try to hide dey comess

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2011, 10:48:28 AM »
de PP doh even try to hide dey comess

is not you who say the spoils goes to the victors? or something like that?

was hoping McCann Erickson got it though.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2011, 05:46:57 AM »
wwwwwhhhhhaaaattttt?? ??!!!!!  Ah next bachanal ah miss out on!!!!!.... :o :o
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2011, 08:04:18 AM »

Yuh 4got is a vitamin 1 a day.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2011, 09:07:12 AM »

Yuh 4got is a vitamin 1 a day.

sometimes more than one within the same 24 hour cycle.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>