April 18, 2024, 07:33:40 PM

Author Topic: Sancho has second trial - one month contract  (Read 13197 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Sancho has second trial - one month contract
« on: November 26, 2007, 02:00:06 PM »
Sancho has second trial
Vitalfootball

Brent Sancho is training with Millwall again - nearly four months after he failed to earn a deal under Willie Donachie.

Kenny Jackett has already publicized his desire to strengthen the defence, but the former Trinidad and Tobago international hardly fits the bill.

Sancho has been without a club since leaving Gillingham last year, and will be desperate to get his career back on track.

Despite being an experienced player, his comical error which allowed Super Kevin Braniff to score one of his few goals for Millwall lives in the memory of most Lions fans, and a move for the veteran centre-back would be seen as a strange one.

I'm hell 'Brent'
By Toby Porter (icSouthLondon)

Nov 27 2007

MILLWALL boss Kenny Jackett will bid to boost his back-line this week by adding World Cup star Brent Sancho.

The 6ft 2in-tall centre-back, 30, played in all three Trinidad & Tobago games in Germany last year, including a 2-0 defeat by England.

He is currently out of contract, having been released by Gillingham in the summer, and will train with the Lions this week, with a view to signing a deal if Jackett feels he will beef up his defence.

Sancho had found games hard to come by at Priestfield under ex-boss Ronnie Jepson, and at one stage feared his lack of matches might jeopardise his World Cup chances.

But Jackett, who has both Richard Shaw and Mark Phillips out injured, is determined to add a centre-back to his squad since arriving at The Den -and hopes Sancho is the answer.

"Brent is an experienced centre-back," said Jackett. "We will have a look at him and see what happens."

Sancho, who can also fill in at right-back, spent his early career in the USA, Finland and Trinidad, before being signed by Dundee in 2003, and by then-Gills boss Neale Cooper in September 2005

The Soca Warrior retired from international football 12 months ago, after 43 caps, along with 12 others who claimed the T&T FA had reneged on contractual agreements.

Jackett should also boost his squad this week by extending the loan of QPR right-back Marcus Bignot and Blackburn midfielder Bryan Hodge.

The 20-year-old said: "I am delighted to keep playing for Millwall.

"The more I play, the stronger I am getting - and the more I'm getting used to League One.

"This is a massive club for this division - you just have to look at the stadium to see that.

"And it was great to get the 2-1 win over Yeovil on Saturday for the fans, who were so fantastic for us."

Jackett said: "Bryan has a lot of ability and is showing the kind of hunger and desire we need."

Jackett has also moved to appoint former caretaker boss Colin West as his first-team coach.

"It is good to have someone of that experience and ability," said the Lions boss. "He deserves this recognition of his importance to the team."

A Month for Sancho 
Story by Van Blerk's Crossing

3 December 2007 

International defender offered a short-term contract

Trinidad & Tobago international Bren Sancho has been offered a month's contract by The Lions after training with the first team squad over the past month.

The 30-year-old defender received the necessary work permit allowing him to sign for Millwall and manager Kenny Jackett wasted no time in offering him a deal, if only to cast his eye over the player for another month.

"The situation with Brent is similar to that with Bayo Akinfenwa," Jackett told the club's official website. "He hasn't been with a club so we are able to sign him even outside the window for loan signings.

"It's an opportunity to show us what he can do over the next few weeks and then we'll see where we go from there.

"Brent won't be involved at Leyton Orient but will play for the reserves against Charlton at Ebbsfleet on Wednesday night."

Sancho to sign
millwallfc.premiumtv.co.uk

Posted on: Mon 03 Dec 2007

Millwall are set to sign 30-year-old Trinidad & Tobago international defender Brent Sancho on a month's contract. The former Gillingham centre back has been training with the squad over the past week and can now join the ranks after receiving the requisite work permit.
Manager Kenny Jackett explained: "The situation with Brent is similar to that with Bayo Akinfenwa. He hasn't been with a club so we are able to sign him even outside the window for loan signings. It's an opportunity to show us what he can do over the next few weeks and then we'll see where we go from there. Brent won't be involved at Leyton Orient but will play for the reserves against Charlton at Ebbsfleet on Wednesday night."
Sancho made 50 appearances for The Gills scoring twice, having played a similar number of games in Scotland for Dundee. His 43 caps for his country included one against England in the 2006 World Cup Finals in Germany.

Jackett throws guanlet down to Sancho
Story by The Merry Lion (Scottishfitba.net)

13 December 2007

Manager tells defender to shape up or ship out

He may have played in the World Cup Finals but if defender Brent Sancho was expecting an easy ride at The Den then he's in for a rude awakening.

Manager Kenny Jackett has told the Trinidad & Tobago international that he must prove his worth if he wants an extension when his short-term deal comes to an end next month.

"He has power and experience of this division which is something that in certain positions we've been lacking at times," said Jackett. "Brent has joined us on a short-term contract to try to earn the longer one which I feel he is capable of."

And the The former Gillingham defender could get a chance to show the manager exactly what he can do this weekend. The 30-year-old is expected to be in the squad to face Oldham Athletic at The Den.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 12:05:49 PM by E-man »

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sancho has second trial
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 02:03:55 PM »
hope he gets signed this time
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 02:46:52 PM »
Come on Sancho we need you playin regularly.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 02:48:22 PM »
Glad to get some news on Sancho... Good Luck.. Hope he gets signed....
I did not see the error, but some of the errors made by English defenders and goalkeepers would be enough for them not to even get selected to play for Tobago Utd.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 03:11:52 PM »
Good luck Brent, try your best

hope to see you in less liming pics and more playing pics

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 03:16:05 PM »
why did he leave Gillingham anyway? he was also offered a deal at barnet i think boy those decisons came back to haunt him.......
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 03:17:35 PM »
why did he leave Gillingham anyway? he was also offered a deal at barnet i think boy those decisons came back to haunt him.......

Far as I know he was offloaded by Gills...I could be wrong

Brent was never in de good books since he salt them to go Bahrain

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 03:47:30 PM »
The question I ask is this.

Is it more beneficial to remain in the UK in the hopes of getting a contract

OR

Go to T&T and get regular and valuable playing time with any Pro League team of his choice (because I sure all a dem would be fallin over deyself to sign him...even on a short term basis....and yes...probably willing to sign an agreement to the effect that if he gets an offer overseas, he is free to go.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 03:54:56 PM »

OR

Go to T&T and get regular and valuable playing time with any Pro League team of his choice (because I sure all a dem would be fallin over deyself to sign him...even on a short term basis....and yes...probably willing to sign an agreement to the effect that if he gets an offer overseas, he is free to go.

I was thinking the exact same thing......at least if he with a pro league team he wud be getting regular playing time and building match fitness. Either way, I guess is he know what best for himself, and i hope he makes out well, whatever may happen  :beermug:
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 03:56:34 PM »

OR

I thought about that myself, but the man probably has *non footballing* reasons for staying in England as well. You have to remember before being footballers, these guys are human beings.

All the best Brent, you have been sorely missed on the TIA threads...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2007, 05:02:54 PM »

OR

I thought about that myself, but the man probably has *non footballing* reasons for staying in England as well. You have to remember before being footballers, these guys are human beings.

Ah hear yuh Midknight.  But being a PROFESSIONAL means sacrifice.

I understand man human etc.  Yuh really cyah know a nex man situation unless yuh in he shoes.

But pursuin yuh dream of professional football involve a certain amounta sacrifice.  If at de end a de day, he could have he cake and eat it too...more power to he.  If he feel dat he compromisin he "humanity" if he go T&T and play in Pro League, ah could respeck dat too.

Every action or inaction have consequences and yuh have to be willin/able to live wit dem.  Obviously Brent willin to live wit he own.  More respeck to he still.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2007, 05:08:23 PM »

OR

Ah hear yuh Midknight.  But being a PROFESSIONAL means sacrifice.

I understand man human etc.  Yuh really cyah know a nex man situation unless yuh in he shoes.

But pursuin yuh dream of professional football involve a certain amounta sacrifice.  If at de end a de day, he could have he cake and eat it too...more power to he.  If he feel dat he compromisin he "humanity" if he go T&T and play in Pro League, ah could respeck dat too.

Every action or inaction have consequences and yuh have to be willin/able to live wit dem.  Obviously Brent willin to live wit he own.  More respeck to he still.

didnt somebody mention once that after a certain number of years in the UK he would no longer have work permit issues, which is why he was holding out so long to stay there.
Im not sure, i think i saw that in a thread once.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2007, 05:13:24 PM »
didnt somebody mention once that after a certain number of years in the UK he would no longer have work permit issues, which is why he was holding out so long to stay there.

Brent said:
"I have one year again before I get my British passport and I'm looking at some options which will allow me to remain playing here."
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=30639.0
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2007, 05:17:11 PM »
Y alyuh does highlight everything ppl say we done read what they say we doh wah re read it just write yuh dam post and we go ketchup like myonares and how ah man could get a second tryout on a team he on or was on that don't make n e sense but good luck sancho I hope u make it
bajanscout

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2007, 06:55:57 PM »
Ok fadder smile on Brent
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2007, 07:01:37 PM »
Y alyuh does highlight everything ppl say we done read what they say we doh wah re read it just write yuh dam post and we go ketchup like myonares and how ah man could get a second tryout on a team he on or was on that don't make n e sense but good luck sancho I hope u make it

Help mih out nah..ah paragraph..a comma,, a full stop...anyting!!  just so ah could understand wuh yuh mumblin about
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2007, 07:04:31 PM »

Yuh asking 'why', ah guess becuz yuh doh know , but yuh concluding 'those decisions came back to haunt him'.....get yuh facts straight before yuh 'think' nah man ..why all yuh does always feel is  de player fault when things doh work out ? ....steupppppppppssss
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 11:31:47 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2007, 07:47:58 PM »

Help mih out nah..ah paragraph..a comma,, a full stop...anyting!! just so ah could understand wuh yuh mumblin about

LOL ... You have to read the express more and you would get accustom to that writing style.  A little advice, you need to be fit to read our writers some times.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2007, 08:11:04 PM »
Sancho has second trial
Vitalfootball

Brent Sancho is training with Millwall again - nearly four months after he failed to earn a deal under Willie Donachie.

Kenny Jackett has already publicized his desire to strengthen the defence, but the former Trinidad and Tobago international hardly fits the bill.

Sancho has been without a club since leaving Gillingham last year, and will be desperate to get his career back on track.

Despite being an experienced player, his comical error which allowed Super Kevin Braniff to score one of his few goals for Millwall lives in the memory of most Lions fans, and a move for the veteran centre-back would be seen as a strange one.

Jam dem Sanch. Unless you settle, de warriors cyah feel right. Big up! You wll conquer.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2007, 09:27:36 PM »

Brent was training under Willie Donachie, who liked him but probably didn't want to wait for the work permit to be sorted. That kind of decision cost him his job.

Now Kenny Jackett is in charge. Kenny wants to sign Brent, but they need to reach an agreement. Ordinarily, at this stage of the season, a manager may look to sign someone short term to take him up to the January transfer window. This is done for two reasons.

1 Because there may not be any funds available to commit long term, but if they can offload some deadwood in January, the funds will be freed up and a long term contract can be offered.

2 To see how the player shapes up before commiting long term.

Problem is that you can't get a one month work permit. So this works with EU players, but not for Brent.

This means that Millwall must commit for longer than they initially want. Hence the negotiations. 

Brent left Gilingham at the end of his contract. I think there was bad blood between him and the chairman. Brent had several good offers from other clubs but Gillingham wouldn't let him go on trial. This is crazy because they would have got a transfer fee for him. This leads to rumours and bad mouthing behind a players back and damages his reputation.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2007, 09:41:11 PM »
Keep up the educational posts KSM.  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2007, 10:08:27 PM »

Brent said:
"I have one year again before I get my British passport and I'm looking at some options which will allow me to remain playing here."
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=30639.0

Tell deez people again nah...man does juss bump dey gum without any idea what going on.  Sancho looking to set himself up for after football, yuh think he trying tuh go kick ball in de PFL fuh dem hungry yutes and hard foot Antiguans to break him up? lol

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2007, 08:11:44 AM »
keep doin ur thing brent

hope this one works out
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2007, 11:42:51 AM »
Updated story above

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2007, 11:49:24 AM »
The Soca Warrior retired from international football 12 months ago, after 43 caps, along with 12 others who claimed the T&T FA had reneged on contractual agreements.
Steups. Get de information right nah man.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2007, 02:09:55 PM »
Doesn't this just p*ss you off??

This information is available via the internet and has been reported in several of the top daily newspapers in the UK. But still, lazy journalists can't be bothered to find the truth.

No wonder players like Brent have problems getting clubs when reports like this are inaccurate. Can't believe this idiot isn't aware of the blacklist.

I've just returned from the FIFPro conference with delegates from 43 countries, and they all knew bout the blacklist!

Its the same with Kelvin Jack. Gillingham fans still think he's injured, when he's been fit since before the season starts. I can't believe no journalist hasn't asked the chairman or manager why a team with the leagues worst defensive record hasn't played their world cup goalkeeper.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2007, 03:50:03 PM »
Doesn't this just p*ss you off??

This information is available via the internet and has been reported in several of the top daily newspapers in the UK. But still, lazy journalists can't be bothered to find the truth.

No wonder players like Brent have problems getting clubs when reports like this are inaccurate. Can't believe this idiot isn't aware of the blacklist.

I've just returned from the FIFPro conference with delegates from 43 countries, and they all knew bout the blacklist!

Its the same with Kelvin Jack. Gillingham fans still think he's injured, when he's been fit since before the season starts. I can't believe no journalist hasn't asked the chairman or manager why a team with the leagues worst defensive record hasn't played their world cup goalkeeper.

I've been wondering what de hell was going on with Jack...  With de exception of Cox it look like is only salt for T&T players at Gillingham.
Thanks for de update FPATT.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: Sancho has second trial - one month contract
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2007, 04:06:09 PM »
Updates above ^^^
Millwall are set to sign 30-year-old Trinidad & Tobago international defender Brent Sancho on a month's contract.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2007, 04:17:08 PM »
People, put this in perspective. This is GREAT news! DE man have a wok! He belongs somewhere! He geyyin' paid. He can stay in de UK! His fitness will skyrocket in 1 month, de fans will be wavin'  :wavetowel: fuh de boy and he WILL get an extension of his contract to a decent league 1 team and he will keep them out of relegation and start focusing on chasing Swansea and Walsall, den he go join Ince at Walsall an' take it from there.  ;D Warriors in twos and threes is always a winner.

Furthermore he will get fit in time fuh Wim to call him...de real prize ...and onwards to South Africa!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2007, 05:41:54 PM »
One month is a short time to prove anything, but if anybody could do it is you Brent.

De Lion is back large and in charge. Eat them raw man...we all behind you  :wavetowel:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

1]; } ?>