April 25, 2024, 11:15:42 PM

Author Topic: News from the Motherland.  (Read 6977 times)

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
News from the Motherland.
« on: January 09, 2008, 11:02:29 AM »
Seeing that these names have been floating around the forum a while now according to my source, Kelvin Jack and Brent Sancho may never suit up for T&T again unless they change their attitudes. In other words they get/getting to bright. My source also pointed out to me even their clubs dont what much to do with them. They are very controversial to some point and always causing up a stir, again, this is what my source revealed, I know both personally and are very nice peeps however, I do not know them on a professional level. The TTFF is also not to happy with FPATT and that could be another reason, only now things looking a bit better but you never know what they really think.

As for Guerra, I had a chat with him when he returned from the UK, a very talented player indeed but his head is not right, was home sick for most part and had it not been for Peltier and Hyland, Guerra would have never even went on the trial, he couldn't get his act together, a girl thing may be. He still hangs around with trouble makers and was dropped by Fenwick a few times last season because of no shows. He may not be a bad case as Jemmott was but he is certainly taking the same path. I believe he needs to be drop from T&T and possibly Jabloteh (temporarily) and let his family put some blows on him for him to come to his senses. He should also move from the area he currently lives in. He is not getting any younger and cannot keep blaming everyone else for his mishap. You have to be a man someday, it have youths in other parts of the world younger than Guerra who would have taken any opportunity and make the best of it. I will see him on Friday, we are meeting up at Trotters, so I will asked him what happen to his latest no show. Its not to late for him to turn his life around.

I spoke to Wim 4 days after he was suspended and he was piss and told me that we will hear from him soon. He did get into a scruff-el with Lincoln which was his last straw, but if you ask me it seems the TTFF wanted to get rid of him a while now and wanted the perfect excuse. I do not think it will stand up in court as the TTFF have documented everything, from his David Nakhid episode to Lincoln. I told Wim when he was coach to insist more games he told me dont worry he knows what he doing, he had a "big boy" way about him no one liked. Maybe it was a language barrier thing because he seems ok at times. He did have the locals playing very well, but it seems he lack the passion and intelligence to take T&T higher. I could be wrong.

Just for argument sake, the TTFF (Wim) did call Robbie Findley but he never return the call.

Anton Corneal is no lover of foreign born players (Birchall, Boucaud) two great additions if you ask me. I hope he makes me eat my words. Anthony Noreiga, Carlos Edwards, Osei Telesford and Silvio Spann, why call injured players or players who havn't played for the longest. We have other players who could have taken their place and cost cheaper at that too.

Leslie Fitzpatrick who I feel cannot make any T&T side, is on trial with some lower division team in Holland.

Collin Samuel is still in Scotland, spending time with his wife.

Jerrel Britto looks sure to get a contract with Portsmouth. His age will benefit him as he may not need much because he will not he signing as a full professional player.

W Connection left for Brazil for pre-season.

If you ask me the players did not look to brisk in training. But Anton had them do light work, still some of them looked like a good perge might help.

Believe me when I say that Michael McComie is a clown.... Anton Corneal is 100 times better.

Insider.
St Joseph,
Trinidad W.I.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 01:53:24 PM by Flex »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: News from the Motherland.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 11:06:48 AM »
Thx insider insightful as usual

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 11:38:59 AM »
You may be on anton there cause he did invite garvin hoyte to the under 17 .
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 11:48:03 AM »
good stuff insider
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 12:57:14 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Appreciated and always 100% accurate.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 12:57:58 PM »
Insider, you may be right about Brent and Kelvin. Theres no doubt both of their careers have suffered since forming FPATT. The problem is that they will not be used or bullied. They both wonder if their International careers are over and it does hurt them.  However, trust me, without these two, FPATT would be dead in the water. I admire their strength of character and they act as a perfect foil for Shaka, who is a great calming influence and diplomat.

TTFF may well not like FPATT, but I think thats mainly because they know that FPATT will not back down. Negotiate, yes. Work alongside TTFF, yes. Back down, no.  Maybe at the beginning FPATT was confrontational. However, I believe that it takes two to have a confrontation. I think FPATT reacted strongly to defend those that were publically maligned and accused of being blackmailers, of being greedy and of holding the country to ransom. Since the famous Bobol story, the confrontations have ended.

FPATT is happy to put the past behind us and start afresh, and indeed are eagerly awaiting the start of negotiations with Mr Camps.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 01:05:20 PM »
good insight, but yuh not 100% correct, jemmott just came from trials in sweden but picked up an injury, so he has been back home recovering and resumes training this week, then after guadalope he will be back on trials, so when u mention his name in a negative light, make sure u have the full inside info on the individual first, CURRENTLY..

as for guerra, hes another amazing talent from our community, according from my reports, there is no youth parallel to his level of skill, this comes from very good sources, as for an attitude problem, hes young, theres still time for him, dropping a talent like himself would be a mistake, this is coming from a person who knows the community..

God is de BOSS....

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 01:18:54 PM »
good insight, but yuh not 100% correct, jemmott just came from trials in sweden but picked up an injury, so he has been back home recovering and resumes training this week, then after guadalope he will be back on trials, so when u mention his name in a negative light, make sure u have the full inside info on the individual first, CURRENTLY..

as for guerra, hes another amazing talent from our community, according from my reports, there is no youth parallel to his level of skill, this comes from very good sources, as for an attitude problem, hes young, theres still time for him, dropping a talent like himself would be a mistake, this is coming from a person who knows the community..

God is de BOSS....

TrinInfinite, I think you should get yore facts straight. Where did Insider say anything insightful about Jemmott in his post ? He spoke about Jemmott's past which I am sure many here agree with. It took Jemmott his entire life to now realise where he went wrong and now he only getting trials and trying, still not successful, just last year he was fire from his club, but good luck to him anyway.

And he never said Guerra wasn't any good, maybe you need to read his post again TI.....

The thing is, it have many youth who grew up in ghetto areas and became successful (Latapy for example), Guerra or who ever should stop making excuses or try to aim higher to get out of that life and be somebody better whether its on the field or not and stop blaming or using the ghetto as an excuse.

Thanks for the update Insider.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 01:23:09 PM by Flex »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 01:25:44 PM »
Nice one Insider!  :thumbsup:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 01:33:51 PM »

God is de BOSS....

TrinInfinite, I think you should get yore facts straight. Where did Insider say anything insightful about Jemmott in his post ? He spoke about Jemmott's past which I am sure many here agree with. It took Jemmott his entire life to now realise where he went wrong and now he only getting trials and trying, still not successful, just last year he was fire from his club, but good luck to him anyway.

And he never said Guerra wasn't any good, maybe you need to read his post again TI.....

The thing is, it have many youth who grew up in ghetto areas and became successful (Latapy for example), Guerra or who ever should stop making excuses or try to aim higher to get out of that life and be somebody better whether its on the field or not and stop blaming or using the ghetto as an excuse.

Yes T.I. Very little was said about Jemmott and what was said we all know its true. Jemmott has only in recent times seem to have his head straight. I do hope he gets through with a contract, he's one player, based on his talent, deserves chance at a decent contract in Europe.

T.I. do you have an idea of which team or division he's going to be trying out with??

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 01:45:33 PM »
Thanks nice inside info
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 02:38:21 PM »
I disagree with FPATT being confrontational. D big issue is d money issue which eh even FPATT battle to fight
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

TrinInfinite

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2008, 02:45:31 PM »

God is de BOSS....

i think mr.insider is out of line tuh throw negative comments at hardest, juss bc of young guerra's actions, i find people on here does like tuh wash their mouth on people... just my opinion, and for your information, insider said he thinks they should drop guerra 4 a lil while, i exercised my right to speak freely and state my opinion about his comments...

last time i checked insider had his own mouth to speak, unless you have become his mouthpiece, i think the man can answer for himself and neither one of you i was speaking to, so stay out of it...

i not making up any excuse for the ghetto and yes i know latas from our area, dont need to be reminded bc i grew up knowing that...

God is de BOSS....

God is de BOSS...

TrinInfinite

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2008, 02:47:47 PM »

God is de BOSS....

Yes T.I. Very little was said about Jemmott and what was said we all know its true. Jemmott has only in recent times seem to have his head straight. I do hope he gets through with a contract, he's one player, based on his talent, deserves chance at a decent contract in Europe.

T.I. do you have an idea of which team or division he's going to be trying out with??

cant remember the name boss, it was a team being promoted to 1st division and a few 1st division teams, however sweden is not the only country where he will be, will update everyone when the time comes...

God is de BOSS....

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2008, 03:01:28 PM »
Boy T.I.. The man use HARDEST as an parellel of Guerra. All the man say and it has been said a million and one times !!!!!! The man waste his talent and he alluding to the fact Guerra look like he trodding the same path !!

Yeah he have skill, but on a football field you have 11 players and a coach. If you have a bad attitude (aka Anelka), you will be uncoachable! I agree with INSIDER ...........talent could only get you so far with discipline !! If he content with lil Savannah abll and small goal sweat ...he done reach !!

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 03:08:15 PM »

God is de BOSS....

cant remember the name boss, it was a team being promoted to 1st division and a few 1st division teams, however sweden is not the only country where he will be, will update everyone when the time comes...

God is de BOSS....

Cool. Sweden seems to be a strange fit for Jemmott, I don't know much about their domestic league but I can assume it might be pyhsical, fast paced...sort of British style football, I don't. He could fit into Dutch or maybe French football easier I think.

Keep us updated.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 03:17:12 PM »

God is de BOSS....

God is de BOSS....

Cool. Sweden seems to be a strange fit for Jemmott, I don't know much about their domestic league but I can assume it might be pyhsical, fast paced...sort of British style football, I don't. He could fit into Dutch or maybe French football easier I think.

Keep us updated.

i myself feel the same way, but it was a good team and they were lookin for a attacking mid, however i feel spain, italy, bundesliga and holland are better fits, france also... i will definately keep u guys posted...'

God is de BOSS....

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 03:42:28 PM »
Seeing that these names have been floating around the forum a while now according to my source, Kelvin Jack and Brent Sancho may never suit up for T&T again unless they change their attitudes. In other words they get/getting to bright. My source also pointed out to me even their clubs dont what much to do with them. They are very controversial to some point and always causing up a stir, again, this is what my source revealed, I know both personally and are very nice peeps however, I do not know them on a professional level. The TTFF is also not to happy with FPATT and that could be another reason, only now things looking a bit better but you never know what they really think.

As for Guerra, I had a chat with him when he returned from the UK, a very talented player indeed but his head is not right, was home sick for most part and had it not been for Peltier and Hyland, Guerra would have never even went on the trial, he couldn't get his act together, a girl thing may be. He still hangs around with trouble makers and was dropped by Fenwick a few times last season because of no shows. He may not be a bad case as Jemmott was but he is certainly taking the same path. I believe he needs to be drop from T&T and possibly Jabloteh (temporarily) and let his family put some blows on him for him to come to his senses. He should also move from the area he currently lives in. He is not getting any younger and cannot keep blaming everyone else for his mishap. You have to be a man someday, it have youths in other parts of the world younger than Guerra who would have taken any opportunity and make the best of it. I will see him on Friday, we are meeting up at Trotters, so I will asked him what happen to his latest no show. Its not to late for him to turn his life around.

I spoke to Wim 4 days after he was suspended and he was piss and told me that we will hear from him soon. He did get into a scruff-el with Lincoln which was his last straw, but if you ask me it seems the TTFF wanted to get rid of him a while now and wanted the perfect excuse. I do not think it will stand up in court as the TTFF have documented everything, from his David Nakhid episode to Lincoln. I told Wim when he was coach to insist more games he told me dont worry he knows what he doing, he had a "big boy" way about him no one liked. Maybe it was a language barrier thing because he seems ok at times. He did have the locals playing very well, but it seems he lack the passion and intelligence to take T&T higher. I could be wrong.

Just for argument sake, the TTFF (Wim) did call Robbie Findley but he never return the call.

Anton Corneal is no lover of foreign born players (Birchall, Boucaud) two great additions if you ask me. I hope he makes me eat my words. Anthony Noreiga, Carlos Edwards, Osei Telesford and Silvio Spann, why call injured players or players who havn't played for the longest. We have other players who could have taken their place and cost cheaper at that too.

Leslie Fitzpatrick who I feel cannot make any T&T side, is on trial with some lower division team in Holland.

Collin Samuel is still in Scotland, spending time with his wife.

Jerrel Britto looks sure to get a contract with Portsmouth. His age will benefit him as he may not need much because he will not he signing as a full professional player.

W Connection left for Brazil for pre-season.

If you ask me the players did not look to brisk in training. But Anton had them do light work, still some of them looked like a good perge might help.

Believe me when I say that Michael McComie is a clown
.... Anton Corneal is 100 times better.

Insider.
St Joseph,
Trinidad W.I.

Insider give thx for this post,decent info and insights......as ah man who living foreign it does be good to get good cut-to-chase info on de current state of affairs back home.

Hear nah Guerra is de younger brother of the late gang leader, right?

Me eh want to open no can ah worms eh, but what will prevent some youth/assassin/gang member from waking up one morning and getting instructions to "take out" dis youth from so doing? Ah mean if dey do it to he big brother man?

Insider really talk to dis youth please, thx breds.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 03:46:10 PM »
Great stuff insider.
Hart for president

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2008, 06:43:50 PM »

God is de BOSS....

You is definitely the biggest ass we have on this forum and a bias on at it... you beat me back. You putting words in de man mouth. I feel Jemmott is your daddy, you love him biasly. He is 29 going on 30, his career is done, A Swedish 2nd division team cannont do him any good.

Jemmott never play under any of T&T big coaches, he was always a replacment player for when the stars not around. Dont matter how good you is if you have no discipline you eh nothing. Learn that.

I doubt he will ever play for T&T in a world cup qualifier ever again especially against a good team, maybe against Guyana or Jamaica, nothing more.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2008, 07:15:21 PM »
I can't help but feel that some members does jump at any opportunity to dog trini infinite. after all, the man ain't said nothing that obserd to warrant that kind of venom. i find some members does take real cheap shots at other just to be malicious.        positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2008, 05:37:22 AM »
I can't help but feel that some members does jump at any opportunity to dog trini infinite. after all, the man ain't said nothing that obserd to warrant that kind of venom. i find some members does take real cheap shots at other just to be malicious.        positive.

Just Cool, perhaps, just perhaps, if T.I. would stop getting so defensive at the mere mention of Jemmott/Hardest, then we just might not even bother to dog him.

If you re-read Insider's post Jemmott was mentioned in one line in the entire thing and wha he say wasn't a lie.....so that must be it then....

"You want answers?"

"I want the truth!!"

"You can't handle the truth!!"
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Consultant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2008, 06:04:08 AM »
Good work insider.... :beermug:

I find it most amusing that the Hardest / TI saga continues even in 2008  :rotfl:

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2008, 07:36:52 AM »
THANKS INSIDER! And welcome back!!! I for one have missed your input on here! Today's Express newspaper has a report by Lasana Liburd where it's reported that Brent Sancho offered to PAY his OWN way home to TRAIN with the team and CORNEAL REFUSED...but in the same breath ADMITS THE DEFENCE IS GREEN??? ??? ??? ??? And as for the anti-foreign-born slant, Ricky Shakes being refused when Anton was Under-20 coach a few years aback is a classic example...the tata talk then was that this one player (Shakes) "would disrupt team chemistry to be added at this time"...T&T went on to collect 6 from the USA a few weeks later...CORNEAL IS NOT FAR BEHIND McComie, he's just better at the PR trust ME on that one!!!

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2008, 07:58:26 AM »
THANKS INSIDER! And welcome back!!! I for one have missed your input on here! Today's Express newspaper has a report by Lasana Liburd where it's reported that Brent Sancho offered to PAY his OWN way home to TRAIN with the team and CORNEAL REFUSED...but in the same breath ADMITS THE DEFENCE IS GREEN??? ??? ??? ??? And as for the anti-foreign-born slant, Ricky Shakes being refused when Anton was Under-20 coach a few years aback is a classic example...the tata talk then was that this one player (Shakes) "would disrupt team chemistry to be added at this time"...T&T went on to collect 6 from the USA a few weeks later...CORNEAL IS NOT FAR BEHIND McComie, he's just better at the PR trust ME on that one!!!

Wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!! De man offer to pay his way back and dey refuse ?

TrinInfinite

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2008, 08:01:44 AM »

that is not good news, sancho is our best defender... >:(

God is de BOSS....

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2008, 08:37:54 AM »

Patriot, the writing was on the wall with Sancho a long time ago. It was a while before Insider's post that the conspiracy theory thoughts started swirling around in my head and then when he posted that clubs were staying away from him that the whole picture came into focus. After the world cup we all thought Sancho would get a least a contract with a Championship club or a top division club on the continent somewhere like Greece or Holland. Things turned sour really soon and he got no playing time at his own club and no contracts were on the horizon. Could it be that the sphere of influence of our 'special advisor' is at work here? I mean I know Sancho got arrested in Scotland etc. but he's not the first nor the last player to wear the silver bracelets. That alone should not be a reason to be ostracized from professional football.

Brent has been the type of person to be vocal about perceived injustice time and time again, from since Bertille and his Rastaphobia days. Is the difference between those days and now is that he is seen as the one who spearheaded an attack against Jack Warner's word? So his football career is as good as over? To me, that seems like a really dangerous precedent.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2008, 08:46:03 AM »

that is not good news, sancho is our best defender... >:(

God is de BOSS....

You understand why I have a problem with local coaches, they have too many damn hangovers, history and biases. A foreign coach would just simply pick the best players that are eligible to play for us, whether they were born here, is the centre of an arbritation hearing or what.

At the same time, I can't remember the last time I heard Sancho play a competitive match.

Hopes he gets sorted out soon.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 10:14:37 AM by Jayerson »

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2008, 09:15:07 AM »

Patriot, the writing was on the wall with Sancho a long time ago. It was a while before Insider's post that the conspiracy theory thoughts started swirling around in my head and then when he posted that clubs were staying away from him that the whole picture came into focus. After the world cup we all thought Sancho would get a least a contract with a Championship club or a top division club on the continent somewhere like Greece or Holland. Things turned sour really soon and he got no playing time at his own club and no contracts were on the horizon. Could it be that the sphere of influence of our 'special advisor' is at work here? I mean I know Sancho got arrested in Scotland etc. but he's not the first nor the last player to wear the silver bracelets. That alone should not be a reason to be ostracized from professional football.

Brent has been the type of person to be vocal about perceived injustice time and time again, from since Bertille and his Rastaphobia days. Is the difference between those days and now is that he is seen as the one who spearheaded an attack against Jack Warner's word? So his football career is as good as over? To me, that seems like a really dangerous precedent.

IF FPATT are leading the way to a better future for Trini footballers, in regards to their contracts and fair dealings with the TTFF, then it looks as if Sancho and Jack are the be martyrs in this battle for leading the charge. 
Shaka is untouchable cause he has retired and even if he was still playing they would not be able to affect his career because of the level he had attained.
Seems the black list is still in existance jus a lot shorter than before.
Keep strong boys.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2008, 09:57:43 AM »

God is de BOSS....

TI yuh know I doh jump up on yur case at all on this forum but I think you wrong here.  You and all have to admit that straying from the path has lead to Hardest not making the most of his full potential as a footballer.  if the man half as good as you say he is, he should have achieved sooo much more than now at his age scrounging around for teams to pick him up.
So if one is to reference his past, in regards to another youth possibly making the same mistakes, you cyah fault someone for that.
You cant be blinded by loyalty and miss that facts and truth.  This could be a good chance for Hardest himself to talk to the youth and be like "dont follow the path I did and wait till some of your best years are behind you to then make a go of it"
and it was such a minimal reference in the grand schem of the whole post too.

1]; } ?>