April 28, 2024, 02:26:21 AM

Author Topic: TTFF blank Sancho.  (Read 6749 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
TTFF blank Sancho.
« on: January 10, 2008, 09:42:44 AM »
Corneal promises future opportunities.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).
[/size]

TTFF blank Sancho.

Trinidad and Tobago international defender and 2006 World Cup player Brent Sancho has endured a rough start to the New Year after being blanked by club and country in his effort to return to the playing field.
Sancho, who did not get an extension to his one month deal with England League One club, Millwall, last week, offered to pay his own way back to Trinidad to train with the "Soca Warriors" in preparation for their February 6 friendly against Guadeloupe at the Queen's Park Oval.
But assistant national coach Anton Corneal, who will take the team into the friendly before handing over to Colombian boss Francisco Maturana, declined his request to be added to a 40-member training squad.
Sancho is afraid that his sizeable profile within the Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT) and a bonus dispute with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) might have made him a less attractive proposition for the local administration than some of his World Cup teammates.
"I have been around Trinidad and Tobago football for a long time," said the dreadlocked defender, who made his international debut nine years ago, "so I am not going to be naive about anything. I'd be extremely surprised if I am recalled to the national team and I think my international career might be over.
"I am heartbroken because playing for Trinidad and Tobago is my biggest joy in football."
Sancho, a free agent, is training with Millwall at present but hopes to land a deal elsewhere soon. He claimed to have received interest from other England League One outfits as well as clubs from Scotland, Cyprus and Israel.
Millwall, according to the defender, are more interested in signing a striker at the moment and wanted to keep their options open during the January transfer window.
Corneal wants to keep his options open too but said that the door was not closed to Sancho or others including Avery John, Chris Birchall and Kelvin Jack and reiterated that the TTFF blacklist was history.
"We haven't turned our backs on anybody," said Corneal. "It is impossible to use everybody so it is a matter of utilising different players at different times. You might say our present defence is green but remember these are the players we have turned to for the past year so we need to give them an opportunity."
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 10:13:36 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF blank Sancho.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 10:17:44 AM »
Sancho should not get down about this, he should use this time to re group and explore the opportunities that exist in the Pro League and MLS

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 10:34:04 AM »
Ah now come back from lunch, read dis and decide me eh goh let dis upset mih digestive juices....but ah decide ah might as well get it off mih chest.....

:cursing: :bs: :frustrated: :banginghead: :frustrated: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :'( :banginghead: :banginghead:

......there, I feel better now....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 10:54:43 AM »
But has Sancho been playing regular football, or looking for a club?

After he starts playing regularly he will get the call up.  Also, we already know what he can do.  There are lots of other players to geta better look at prior to the qualifiers to see what they can offer.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 11:16:18 AM »

After he starts playing regularly he will get the call up.  Also, we already know what he can do.  There are lots of other players to geta better look at prior to the qualifiers to see what they can offer.
Like allyuh didn't read insider post yesterday or what ,the man said that brent and kelvin would never play for T&T again according to jack & C.O. and i believe that to be the gospel truth.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 12:07:25 PM »

BUT Jah, Carlos ain't play any more than Sancho due to injury (in fact he STIL recovering) an Carlos geh call. Ain't we know what Carlos culd do too? Also the ENTIRE defence is going to be comprised of men who must have 10 caps TOTAL...wouldn't it be better to have at LEAST one experienced man at the back? And to top it off "he offered to pay his own way back to TRAIN with the team".. nah man, it have MORE goin on here, IMHO Brent is beng targeted.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 12:15:19 PM »

BUT Jah, Carlos ain't play any more than Sancho due to injury (in fact he STIL recovering) an Carlos geh call. Ain't we know what Carlos culd do too? Also the ENTIRE defence is going to be comprised of men who must have 10 caps TOTAL...wouldn't it be better to have at LEAST one experienced man at the back? And to top it off "he offered to pay his own way back to TRAIN with the team".. nah man, it have MORE goin on here, IMHO Brent is beng targeted.

point taken Patriot. 

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 12:41:21 PM »

Preach man, preach.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 01:04:13 PM »
Come on guys lets be realistic,lets put all the problems Sancho has with the TTFF,Clubs etc etc aside for a brief moment,we know his potential,ability and stance on different issues as a player,this player has not played or been playing any Football at any level since the WC in Germany,what criteria/option does a national Coach have for selecting him on a national team,i mean who is Sancho? is it a matter of the tail want to wag the dog?Sancho or no Sancho the national team will survive,nobody blanking him he blanking himself.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 01:13:52 PM »
Come on guys lets be realistic,lets put all the problems Sancho has with the TTFF,Clubs etc etc aside for a brief moment,we know his potential,ability and stance on different issues as a player,this player has not played or been playing any Football at any level since the WC in Germany,what criteria/option does a national Coach have for selecting him on a national team,i mean who is Sancho? is it a matter of the tail want to wag the dog?Sancho or no Sancho the national team will survive,nobody blanking him he blanking himself.

Come on Coop, no one said Sancho is a must, just judge fair and give everyone capable a fair chance to represent T&T. Many of our players have not be playing regular since the 2006 WC and to make matter worst, Spann, Telesford, Edwards and Noreiga have been haunted by injuries and some still injured or not fully recovered. Sancho is a experience defender and T&T pool is not big and good enough for us the discriminate against anyone. At least give Sancho the chance to fail, he was even paying his own way the TTFF had nothing to lose but to give him a trial with the 40 players they called. If half of the T&T players had this sort of dedication T&T would have been to many world cups. Corneal said he wants to give the players a chance who have been with T&T since the blacklist which I think is bullshit, a foreign coach would have called all who capable and deserve a chance to play for T&T and not who he feel he personally have a love for. Guadeloupe is a good team and the type of defenders Corneal called could get open-up, might be a good thing.

Pick players who capable. Give Sancho the chance to fail, he may not be the best, but he better than many who was called even if he un-fit. Sean Powers, get real..... besides Sancho have been training with Millwall 6 weeks now he cant be that un-fit, this is why we are playing friendly games, to get players fit, ready, gel, experiment.. etc etc anyways...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 01:21:50 PM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 01:22:03 PM »

With respect, Coops, I think you're mistaken. Brent played the whole 2006/2007 season at Gillingham in League 1, and with your knowledge of playing football, you know that is at least the same standard as the ProLeague. True, he hasn't played this season, but its not rare for players to miss half a season through injury and step straight back into a team. He's as fit as any player on the list, if not fitter, and he has vastly more experience to pass on to the rookies.

I'm afraid there is no logical footballing reason for Brent not to be a part of the training camp. Corneal would see that he's fit and, even if he doesn't play, Brent could share his experience with younger players who respect him. In my opinion, Brent should be team captain.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 01:45:58 PM »
good news about the intest from other clubs.  I hope it play out.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 02:20:49 PM »
Sancho should not get down about this, he should use this time to re group and explore the opportunities that exist in the Pro League and MLS

Simple as dat meh family, as de Killer wud say, "no long talking, just get wid de acting". So wid dat said, life is ruff fuh all of us, we all have different issues to deal wid, if yuh doh money problem, is health, drugs, kids, etc. So Sancho boi, like Walker correctly said, look fuh yuh food in our PFL or MLS. We have a new coach, no one know how he will go about his job, so de best thing yuh cud do, is tuh stay fit and sharp, find ah club, try tuh be in de starting 11 or get regular minutes, and make a difference on de field when de coach give yuh minutes and I guarantee yuh, de new coach will call yuh back.

Relax take it easy, there is plenty footbal ahead fuh de national team, and  apart from dat, not wishing, but there is no guarantee de payers dat get picked by Corneal, dat play in your postion, dat will not get injured or fail in doing there job de way de new coach want it done, so be cool meh bredda, everything go be all right. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 02:23:41 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 02:35:20 PM »
What harm would it have been to let d man train. It just shows how petty Alvin oh sorry Anton is
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 03:35:56 PM »
Noreiga sweatign yet since the LIFE threatening injury? But you tellign me he in better shape than Sancho for a call up?

Nah i backing the conspiracy theory on this one. If it wasn't, they woulda at least let the colombian cut him for being unfit than not call him at all.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2008, 04:36:58 PM »
Noreiga sweatign yet since the LIFE threatening injury? But you tellign me he in better shape than Sancho for a call up?

Nah i backing the conspiracy theory on this one. If it wasn't, they woulda at least let the colombian cut him for being unfit than not call him at all.

I concur...is de soucoyant special advisor twist up in dey

Pullin powerful dictator strings behind the scenes, and commin out lookin clean
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2008, 05:09:03 PM »
Name one local defender from the PFL who could play as well as Sancho? It matters not wether or not he has been playing. Invite him back and make the decision in training. We cannot afford to dicard defenders like that. Corneal and them on real BS. There is no way to put it other than they don't want him cause he call them out on their mess.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2008, 08:46:19 PM »
Name one local defender from the PFL who could play as well as Sancho? It matters not wether or not he has been playing. Invite him back and make the decision in training. We cannot afford to dicard defenders like that. Corneal and them on real BS. There is no way to put it other than they don't want him cause he call them out on their mess.

They invite 40 players.  If they added all the players we think are wothry the list could grow to 100.  We and (Sancho) need to just stay cool and  see who will be called up the next time before we start with all the conspiracy theories about the continued black list and all that stuff.  This is a new start  I hope.  I am willing to give Corneal and the TTFF one last hand of trust, then blow them to bits if they fool us one more time.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

1]; } ?>