March 28, 2024, 04:42:55 PM

Author Topic: Sunderland Have Blown it!  (Read 4425 times)

Sunderland Have Blown it!
« on: January 10, 2008, 05:07:57 AM »
...or so Robbie Savage thinks

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=496901&cc=5901

Robbie Savage has accused relegation rivals Sunderland of blowing their big chance of Barclays Premier League survival after completing his £1.5million move to Derby on Wednesday.

Savage was openly courted by Black Cats boss Roy Keane but the Welshman insists he decided to sign for the rock-bottom Rams because Paul Jewell was more eager to secure his services.
Savage said: 'The chairman and manager wanted me more than any other club and that means a lot to me.
'It's well known that Sunderland put in a bid for me but I never really felt that they were too keen.
'If I was them, I would have gone the whole hog to get me because I'm the type of player who can keep a team in the Premier League.

Re: Sunderland Have Blown it!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 05:25:29 AM »
'If I was them, I would have gone the whole hog to get me because I'm the type of player who can keep a team in the Premier League.[/i]
I ent kno buh...  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
just get over that Sunderland realised that they did not want you after all.
No Hard feelings, Right Robbie... ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 05:58:51 AM »
'If I was them, I would have gone the whole hog to get me because I'm the type of player who can keep a team in the Premier League.[/i]

Wow, no wonder fans in northern england hate him. Talk about arrogance.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 06:09:41 AM »

If I was them, I would have gone the whole hog to get me because I'm the type of player who can keep a team in the Premier League.

he might be the type but is he the player?  :-\

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 06:43:51 AM »
And Robbie Savage damn right too.... I was surprised they didnt run he down for that small money price..

Derby are the ones doing all the business while Sunderland seem to be relaxing on dey ass..

Yes January is a whole month, but it have nuff games to play before the end of the transfer window and new signings have to settle too..

Let Keane continue to rest on he laurels and see what happen when injuries and fatigues beset that side.

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 07:11:25 AM »
De man allegedly wanted big wages and a long contract. And he's 33. Me eh blame Keane for turning down that craziness. Keane side done burden with a set a old men. Dwight, Cole, Harte, Quinton Fortune signing just now. Let Savage play big shot with Derby when they relegated.

Offline Israel

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 08:56:04 AM »
Savage aint no friggin big player.....talkin bout he is the type of player to keep a team in the EPL.........he aint go play too much either cuz he does get yellow card every game...To me he is just a fit wildman with a lot of heart.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 09:34:48 AM »
...To me he is just a fit wildman with a lot of heart.

...and right you are.  Unfortunately that's still an improvement over 90% of the current Sunderland squad.  Savage is a chancey player prone to being on the wrong side of too many yellow cards, but he's physical and he's a fighter and he definitely could have helped Sunderland.  Whether Sunderland has indeed blown...particularly to Derby's benefit, that remains to be seen.

Offline Papasmurf

• http://footballawayoflife.blogspot.com/
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 09:44:26 AM »
He couldnt even play for blackburn, and he talking? he is a pile!

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 10:17:06 AM »
Savage a lil too high on heself and ah feel he full of sh*t! He went to Derby fuh less money. And despite Savage's assets I doh blame Keane & Quinn fuh not falling all over deyself to get he to come Sunderland. Keane's attitude with all his signings has been: This is Sunderland and this is what we have to offer. Either you want to come here or not. If you want to come you're welcome. If not, goodbye and good luck.

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 10:50:10 AM »
I agree with Mose... If it was Buck teeth then ah would understand, but Savage... I like Savage's tenacity and believe he could help Sunderland... But he would not be a player I would be begging or throwing big money or a long term deal after..

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 10:54:06 AM »
Savage a lil too high on heself and ah feel he full of sh*t! He went to Derby fuh less money. And despite Savage's assets I doh blame Keane & Quinn fuh not falling all over deyself to get he to come Sunderland. Keane's attitude with all his signings has been: This is Sunderland and this is what we have to offer. Either you want to come here or not. If you want to come you're welcome. If not, goodbye and good luck.
...and hasn't that worked out swimmingly.

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 12:33:59 PM »

The fact of the matter is that Savage acting like an arrogant ass by saying what he said. For all we know that cud very well be the reason Keane didn't run him down too aggressively. That kinda attitude cud do more harm than good to a squad ad its morale. JMHO

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 12:41:08 PM »

The fact of the matter is that Savage acting like an arrogant ass by saying what he said. For all we know that cud very well be the reason Keane didn't run him down too aggressively. That kinda attitude cud do more harm than good to a squad ad its morale. JMHO

Seems like acting like "an arrogant ass" would be well in keeping with Keane's own personality...or how quickly we forget?

Bottom line is I think the only people spending any kind ah time dissecting and analyzing Savage's statements is we.  There is nothing that he said there that is out ah line with the usual gun-talk dat does get thrown about in sports...ah team decide tuh blank yuh, so yuh turn around and say how is their loss and how they'll pay for it.

Nothing new there.

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 01:59:05 PM »
all i can say is in blind man country 1 eye man is king.

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2008, 02:10:06 PM »

Seems like acting like "an arrogant ass" would be well in keeping with Keane's own personality...or how quickly we forget?

B&S let me tell yuh a little story that mih belated father use to tell me bout a certain football league that use to go back down in the day. You may or may not be able to place names to the scene, if you can let me know.

Player A slide in on player B seconds after nearly breaking player C leg and have man bawling for he mother....
Referee walk up to Player A after checking to see of player B leg still attached and start to fumble in he pocket.

Player A : Aye ref, wha' is that one. I get all ball! Partner just making a meal of it...
Referee: Listen. It ent have room for 2 asses on this field. And I not leaving until the match done. *Red Card*

Just the same way it ent have room for 2 arrogant asses in a dressing room. Either you coach is one or you team captain is one, but not both of them ;D

Savage could say whatever he want. Derby ent staying up no way no how unless they get through on some legal technicality...or they buy hardest.. ;D

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2008, 02:19:30 PM »

B&S let me tell yuh a little story that mih belated father use to tell me bout a certain football league that use to go back down in the day. You may or may not be able to place names to the scene, if you can let me know.

Player A slide in on player B seconds after nearly breaking player C leg and have man bawling for he mother....
Referee walk up to Player A after checking to see of player B leg still attached and start to fumble in he pocket.

Player A : Aye ref, wha' is that one. I get all ball! Partner just making a meal of it...
Referee: Listen. It ent have room for 2 asses on this field. And I not leaving until the match done. *Red Card*

Just the same way it ent have room for 2 arrogant asses in a dressing room. Either you coach is one or you team captain is one, but not both of them ;D

Savage could say whatever he want. Derby ent staying up no way no how unless they get through on some legal technicality...or they buy hardest.. ;D

Lol...true talk whey dey say about two bo' rat.

....I eh even go aks yuh whey yuh mean about yuh fadda being 'belated'  ;D

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2008, 02:37:31 PM »

Lord have mercy. I in this place too long. I watch that sentence 5 times and couldn't figure out what was wrong with it... Anyway, ah think yuh catch the drift...

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2008, 03:24:46 PM »

Lord have mercy. I in this place too long. I watch that sentence 5 times and couldn't figure out what was wrong with it... Anyway, ah think yuh catch the drift...
Doh worry...I sure daddy and dem having ah good laff in yuh name  :beermug:

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2008, 03:27:30 PM »
He couldnt even play for blackburn, and he talking? he is a pile!

Hmm...this sounds familiar. Oh right, it was on every message board around the world referring to Dwight Yorke before he went to the World Cup!!

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2008, 07:06:04 PM »

I actually saw and heard him in skysports earlier, talking about how he moved to Derby even though he knows they're going down and said he believed sunderland would be staying up.

He said he took a number of things into consideration, including his family and the effort with which Paul Jewell pursued him. So basically he is acknowledging that sunderland are the better team, but derby is the better team for him at this point in his life.

I see nothing wrong with that.