April 27, 2024, 03:06:42 AM

Author Topic: One on one with Trent Lougheed.  (Read 1871 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
One on one with Trent Lougheed.
« on: January 13, 2010, 08:11:21 PM »
One on one with Trent Lougheed.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

"This was one of the most disappointing moments in my life. I  knew I was out and I couldn't recover my from injury in time days before I was actually told I was out... this made it even harder for me... sleepless nights and a lot of tears." Read more in this Q&A with the National Under 23 striker.

1. What was the experience like being part of the Pre- Under 20 World Cup team ?
To me it was it was an experience of a lifetime, being with this team was like being with my second family. We lived for each other on and off of the field and always worked hard. It was an experience I will not think twice about if I  was ask to live it again.

2. Trent, have you seen improvement in your game from the first time you played for T&T to now ? What’s the journey been like ?
Yes! I have seen a lot of progress and improvement in my game from the first time I played onto this moment. This journey I think was only for a strong minded person. A lot  of hard work, commitment, focus and determination to be the best you can be and even better; taking criticism as a positive factor and trying to work harder and prove that  Ihave what it takes to be the best.

3. So in a sense you are saying you’re a strong minded individual, so then  describe the feeling of missing out on going to Egypt? Was it all disappointment or has it spurred you on as well. What was it like looking on from home on your television set? Did you sleep the night before matches or was it all just all  casual ?
Hmmm. This was one of the most disappointing moments in my life. I  knew I was out and I couldn't recover my from injury in time days before I was actually told I was out... this made it even harder for me... sleepless nights and a lot of tears. But after all this I had to accept the fact that my muscles couldn't do the job and I was out. From then there was only positive energy towards my football and recovering... this made me more determine.

Watching on from the television set was really, really hard, knowing to myself that Icould be there helping my team in whatever way I could.  Even though I accepted the fact that I was out, living on the whole was hard. There were time where I tried not to be alone, always trying to keep myself occupied... I would wake up a million times at night turning and twisting before these games.

4.Who is your favourite player and who do you compare your game with ?
My favorite player is Fernando Torres and have a slight playing style also. always trying to be in the mix with the defenders.

5. Which local player or coach has  been an inspiration to you or one who you have a special liking for ?
I would say coach Sean Cooper. I have been playing under him as a youth and admire the way in which he separates his football from his pleasures off the field. He always give you that drive to be the best.

6. Do you see yourself and some of your teammates playing a part in getting T&T to World Cup 2014 in Brazil? Is that a dream of yours ?
I strongly believe that the future of football in T&T  in our hands and if not all, most of us will be in the mix come 2014. This for me would be a dream come true.

7. What about the Olympics in 2012 ?
Yes we want to reach the Olympic Games as well.

8. What's next for you in the next 2-5 years? College or Pro-ball ?
Well that is a decision I will be making this year, whether I will be going to school or taking up the status of  a professional player.

9. What League would you hope to play in if you ever get the chance to go overseas ?
I would say the English Premier league or the German Bundesliga.

10.What was your biggest moment playing for T&T so far ?
My biggest moment I would say was when I scored against Nigeria... after being down for a long time I came out and produced.

11. What was it like going to St Kitts and training with the rest of the senior team ?
Being called for the trip to St Kitt's was one of my most treasured moments. Being around and training under coach Russell Latapy was indeed great. He was a great player and is a great coach. He helped enhance my knowledge for the game in that space of time.The players were also great, they always encourage me to do good, work hard and they showed me right from wrong.

11. Do you intend to become to one of the best forwards for T&T? What are some of the components you think are required for that ?
Yes I do intend on becoming the best forward that Trinidad and Tobago has ever had, You need a lot of commitment, hard work on your game, staying focus on the things that are important, keeping a level head and most important GOD!

12. How did you spend the Christmas ? After a long season, how did you intend to spend it ? And finally what was that holiday period like in Bermuda, bringing in the New Year ?
My Christmas was well spent. It was spent just as I intended… with my family and friends.
The holiday in Bermuda was quiet but great. We had to keep focus for our game on New Year’s day. Bringing in the new year with my teammates, doing the thing we love the most was indeed a great experience.

Thank You and Best Wishes for 2010 and beyond.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
Re: One on one with Trent Lougheed.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 02:02:31 PM »
I feel for him but Juma better :)

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 09:35:46 AM »
 A couple of days after being sent back home from the squad , i saw him walking on the main road in montrose with his T&T jersey on and a knapsack.

From Egypt to Montrose main rd, I could have only imagined how he felt after years of training with the team !

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 10:15:25 AM »
A couple of days after being sent back home from the squad , i saw him walking on the main road in montrose with his T&T jersey on and a knapsack.

From Egypt to Montrose main rd, I could have only imagined how he felt after years of training with the team !

Who yuh talking bout, Juma ?

Btw, nice interview Shaun, glad we could get some news on other players compare to the usuals.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 10:51:08 AM »

Who yuh talking bout, Juma ?

Btw, nice interview Shaun, glad we could get some news on other players compare to the usuals.

YEA.. he did score against italia.. nice one too )

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 11:51:27 AM »
Nice job Flex.

Keep up de good work bro.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 09:28:17 AM »
Former national youth footballers, Trent Lougheed and Isaiah Ferguson, will be participating at the 2014 USL PRO Combine from January 23-26, 2014 at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 01:05:27 PM »
That's good news - where was he before?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 03:12:00 PM »
That's good news - where was he before?

Playing in de zonal and minor leagues.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 04:09:26 AM »

Trent Lougheed of Trinidad and Tobago heads the ball during Phoenix FC Wolves soccer tryouts at Pioneer Community Park in Peoria, Arizona.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 05:01:25 AM »
Any news from the trials? He got any interest?

1]; } ?>