April 28, 2024, 01:35:40 PM

Author Topic: Zidane : "A return to football attracts me"  (Read 1933 times)

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Zidane : "A return to football attracts me"
« on: January 11, 2008, 10:59:29 AM »
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=international_feed/08/01/11/SOCCER_Fra-Zidane.html

ZIDANE EYES RETURN TO GAME

France legend Zinedine Zidane has revealed he would love to return to football in some capacity.

The 35-year-old retired from the sport after his red card in the 2006 World Cup final defeat to Italy, which followed an injury-plagued season at Real Madrid.

He has since taken time out from the game and done charity work, but the former Juventus star feels a return could soon be on the cards.

"When you stop football there is this break which is really pleasing," he told L'Equipe. "But at a given moment you feel something is missing.

"A return to football really attracts me. Later I will tell you how and in what way."

Zidane, who is one of only four players to win 100 caps for Les Bleus, also expressed regret at the way his career ended.

In his last-ever game Zidane - who earlier in the same match had become the fourth player to score in two World Cup finals - was dismissed for headbutting Italy's Marco Materazzi.

"I would have wanted to leave in another manner," he added. "But it's done now.

"It's good to talk about it again to close the debate once and for all.

"I'm going to keep that with me all my life."

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Zidane : "A return to football attracts me"
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 11:38:14 AM »
PFL teams lining up!

i could see him on a 1 yr. at OM.

and in related news:

French midfielder Dhorasoo hangs up his boots

AFP
January 11, 2008

PARIS (AFP) - Former Lyon and France midfielder Vikash Dhorasoo is set to announce his retirement from football.

The Frenchman, 34, famously fell foul of France coach Raymond Domenech during the 2006 World Cup, during most of which he sat on the substitutes bench.

Instead of sitting fed up at not playing, Dhorasoo donned a camera and made a film about his experience and called it "Substitute", which did not sit well with the French team's unforgiving coach

Having ended his career under another cloud, at Paris St Germain where he fell out with then coach Guy Lacombe, Dhorasoo now says he has no regrets: "I'm going to do something else. I'm a little bit sad but at the same time I'm happy because I know it's the right choice."

Having begun his career in Le Havre Dhorasoo won two league titles in his two-year spell with Lyon, and spent almost a season at AC Milan before moving to PSG for the 2005-2006 season.

Dhorasoo will announce his decision to retire on the Fabulous Sport programme shown by French satellite channel Canal+ Sport on Saturday.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 11:41:52 AM by Andre »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 04:23:30 PM »
DC united should try to get Zidane.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 04:42:08 PM »
Why DC?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 05:01:40 PM »
Because I from the area( I bias)  and DC does get a rough deal from the MLS.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 05:54:46 PM »
And here I was thinking he had convert to another sport...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdTpRk2KGLc
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 05:57:13 PM »
Because I from the area( I bias)  and DC does get a rough deal from the MLS.

I thought it was only me who noticed this. I tired ah Olsen and Moreno, always crashing at the second to last hurdle. I also fine that they does blank Trinis too here. I cannot remember a Trini on dey squad for a few years now.....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 06:36:18 PM »
I don't think any Trini has ever played for DC United. The old Wash. Diplomats, yes. Deleon, Ian Bain, Hayden Knight, Simmonds. Bain also coach the Dips for a short period.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008, 09:21:50 PM »
I don't think any Trini has ever played for DC United. The old Wash. Diplomats, yes. Deleon, Ian Bain, Hayden Knight, Simmonds. Bain also coach the Dips for a short period.

Ian Bain played for dem, I remembered his name when I was a kid... but in truth, we need a trini on this side since we have a huge twin island population in this region...

Would like to see some Army or Connection men, get here before my contract transfers me out of this region...  ;D

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2008, 11:07:31 PM »
do i hear MLS.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

1]; } ?>