April 20, 2024, 06:50:42 AM

Author Topic: Andrew Jennings advice to the Forum on situation with Soca Warriors  (Read 12183 times)

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
I have of course written to Mr Jennings in an effort to give this issue as much coverage as possible. The following was his reply:

So what is to be done?
The only thing these FIFA guys hate more than losing their bundles of World Cup tickets is embarrassment.

Here’s a few ideas.
# Create funny and wicked banners to unveil at every international and Joe Public game – and every other game in the twin islands. You don’t need my advice on what to write! Wave them in front of the cameras, the politicians and the VIPs. Run these rogues out of football.

Then get serious:
# Write firm but polite letters of protest to all news media that you think don’t reflect what you know the fans think – and what is right and fair. Not all reporters seem as determined to confront that truth as Lasana is.

# Listen to the older and wiser heads among your ranks and then petition the government and the prosecuting authorities (I guess the DPP) to take action and investigate allegations of criminality. I believe that there is already a lot of information in government hands about where a lot of the money from the 2001 Under-17 tournament went. That was taxpayers’ money – your money. Where is the accountability? This is a theme to hammer away at until the Government or the DPP do something.

What other issues?
Petition the DPP to investigate how much money came in from sponsors, tickets receipts, the German WC organisers and elsewhere for this year’s World Cup – and where has it gone? What have the Warner family paid themselves? Where is the legal basis for the with-holding money for 2010?
I am sure you can think of many other money issues over the years. Talk them through – among your ranks you must have some qualified accountants, lawyers, all kinds of professional people to help draft this. Keep up the pressure on the authorities to investigate.

Now . . . get even more serious:
There’s something you guys can help me with – which in turn will help you. Start passing the word around – what is the relationship between the Warner family and the two ladies who were registered as owners of Warner’s Simpaul travel company? They are Ms Princess Rose Campbell and Ms Margaret Fletcher and they give the address of 177 Kitchener Avenue, Barataria.

It would seem obvious they are stooges. Warner had to be seen to relinquish control of the company by early March this year – otherwise he risked a real punishment from FIFA for Simpaul’s ticket rackets.

Whilst in Trinidad in May, filming for the BBC, I called at that house and a lady who appeared to be Ms Fletcher fled inside, refusing to answer questions. They then drew the curtains.

I suspect that these two ladies are innocents who have got themselves into something bigger than they expected. They should not be viewed as bad people. But I can see no evidence that they have any knowledge or experience how to operate a travel company. Of course that is actually done by Daryan Warner.

But what is their connection to Warner? Is there a kinship relationship? Any other kind? Church, social, school, college? What? How do they know the Warner family. Do what reporters and cops do – go sleuthing, knock on doors.

Why have they allowed themselves to be used in this way? How on earth did they raise the money to buy the business? Seems highly unlikely. Surely there are some Warrior fans in Kitchener Avenue and the surrounding streets who can make polite inquiries in the neighbourhood and the social circles in which these ladies move.

If these ladies can be persuaded in a fair and decent manner to tell the truth – which almost certainly is that they lent their names and in no way manage the company – then Warner is in big trouble at FIFA. So get on the street – every fan who cares – and start asking questions. File the answers to the website, Lasana and to me. Get us the information – we’ll do the writing and it will go global.

Lastly . . .
And do tell the fans on the Soca Warriors forum site thanks for their kind comments. A million Warrior fans? A million amateur investigative journalists. Get over to Barataria and PROVE you really want to clean up the T&TFF.

That’s enough for now. And do look at my website from time to time. There will be updates.

All the best,

Andrew

www.transparencyinsport.org
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 06:53:49 PM by Flex »
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew Jennings advice to the Forum on situation with Soca Warriors
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 05:54:12 AM »
Awesome work Reds. The power of networking. Papayo!!!
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 06:06:52 AM »
Very good work Redting & some sound investigative advice given there by Mr Jennings!

Let’s hope we as serious fans who want to clean up the TTFF seriously follow this up!

Who knows it can lead to one of us starting a career as a private "Colombo style" detective and making some extra change in our sparetime!

Colombo is one of my favorites!   ;D
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 06:30:38 AM »
FFFFYYYYAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

that is real good work meh girl
yuh get on here
I hope yuh follow up on it and something becomes of it

Més que un club.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 06:36:17 AM »
Like the man say, we gotta get to the truth, under the surface.  Gotta force those in a position to do something to take action and investigate.
Al Sharpton once said, people didnt like him because his antics would create hype over issues that folks did not want in the media or talked about, when you shine a light the roaches run away.
MAKE SOME NOISE!!!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 07:04:06 AM »
Nice work  :thumbsup:...lawd..everybody disturvin de vampire crypt dis mornin self

by de way who is dem woman..margaret fletcher and de nexx one?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 07:11:52 AM »
Want I want investigated is how we linlk this case to possible DPP action. Dais when de s%$& go hit de fan. We have to talk to some lawyer people

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 07:21:20 AM »
Want I want investigated is how we linlk this case to possible DPP action. Dais when de s%$& go hit de fan. We have to talk to some lawyer people

That's the part I will have to do some investigations into. Cause I think nothing can come of it unless the organisation (TTFF) asks the police to come in and investigate/arrest Warner's dealings. If the business does not make a complaint, I don't kow how much the police and DPP can do to proceed with getting to the bottom of the shady dealings and disappearing millions.

But it's a damn shame though. Imagine if yuh ketch a druglord/pusher and try him and convict him the state can seize his assets as the profits from his illegal activities.

I wonder if the same can be done for fraud and imbezzlement in this case? Cause I know for a fact, when they ketch staff committing fraud and embezzlement at the banks, they seize anything they may have bought, and their funds, from the time of the person committing the act.

I will investigate further. There must be something that can be done. I dread, I doh just want Warner to go, I doh just want to get back de money, I want to bring down the whole Warner "empire". I want them gone from the business scene in TT for good.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 07:28:35 AM by redtrinigirl »

gives Love.

[

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 07:24:18 AM »

I doh just want Warner to go, I doh just want to get back de money, I want to bring down the whole Warner "empire". I want them gone from the business scene in TT for good.

woe be on to the man that horn you

Més que un club.

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2006, 07:30:31 AM »

I doh just want Warner to go, I doh just want to get back de money, I want to bring down the whole Warner "empire". I want them gone from the business scene in TT for good.

woe be on to the man that horn you

Yuh understan! And I was training to be a Biochemist....  :devil:

gives Love.

[

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2006, 07:53:20 AM »
Dangerous ground. Tread smart.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2006, 08:08:02 AM »
Director of Public Prosecutions

Tel No: (868) 625-9747

Fax No: (868) 625-6341

Minister of Legal Affairs, Consumer Affairs, Companies Registry, Legal Aid and Advisory

Christine Kangaloo
tel: 625-9971
tel: 623-7163
fax:625-9803
mlalr@tstt..net.tt

Minister Of Nat'l Security, Money Laundering, Law Enforcement

Martin Joseph
tel:623-2441
fax: 627-8044
mns@tstt.net.tt

Warrior For Life !!

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2006, 08:24:43 AM »
Isn't it ironic that the Trinidad public is now gunning against Warner.

A Trini on top the football world could be brought down by his own people.

6 months ago he could have gotten the presidency of Trinidad if he wanted,  he was celebrated for his dedication to our national cause.

Now this.

But right is right and wrong is wrong, and fair is fair.

All I want is the thruth. If he do bad, he should be exposed for that and things run their due course.

This whole thing better than any soap opera.

Kinda remind me of how we adored Latas and Yorke, then wanted to lynch them, then adored them more than before.

This is the sweetest place in the world yes.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2006, 08:38:27 AM »

But right is right and wrong is wrong, and fair is fair.

All I want is the thruth. If he do bad, he should be exposed for that and things run their due course.

Careful now Trini. Yuh starting to stray but this part of your post I will endorse.  :beermug:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2006, 10:15:34 AM »
I don't know if this was posted before but I read this and wonder how  FIFA could be so hard and fast on something like this. On the other hand they turn a blind eye to more pressing and disturbing matter of nepotism, bribery, embezzlement, etc. It makes me believe that they make never take any true action against Mr. warner and the TTFF for their under-handed dealings.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=384557&cc=5901

FIFA warn Kenyan federation over parallel leagues

NAIROBI, Oct 11 (Reuters) - FIFA has told Kenya's football federation (KFF) it has no mandate to run the east African nation's championship as the release of fixtures for parallel leagues compounded chaos.

KFF and its rival Kenya Premier League (KPL) on Tuesday published match schedules for parallel championships - the second time in as many months this has happened amid a battle for control.

Kenya's top football clubs have split into two factions but Jerome Champagne, FIFA Delegate of the President for special affairs, said KFF does not have the right to decide which teams should participate.

'Clubs participating in leagues are not decided by federations, but by independent boards, in this case KPL,' he told Reuters from Zurich on Wednesday.

Despite a warning from FIFA President Sepp Blatter for Kenya to sort out the mess by Oct. 18 or face sanctions, both the KFF and the KPL are ploughing their own courses.
Last month the Kenyan government gave one of the two rival bodies an ultimatum to dissolve voluntarily or be forced to deregister. The government did not say which of the two bodies should close down but observers said it would be KPL.

Kenya was threatened with suspension from all soccer activity at FIFA's annual congress in Marrakesh in October 2005 because of government interference in the running of the sport.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2006, 10:20:18 AM »
LEAVE MIH BOY!

on a serious tip...i is play on a predominantly kenyan side. they have plenty skill but is support the english game more than the kenyan game. hopefully, we eh end up like that one day.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2006, 10:37:55 AM »
Elan, you ever hear bout doh come into my neighbourhood and tief.....as long as FIFA people doing ting FIFA doh care buh as soon as it start to interfere wid day "setup" day go buss de file on dem.
Dat is "bad mind" human nature.

people have you all been following this story for Many years or y'all jez reach on de scene?
there are Footballers in TnT dat get string up by Warner after they expressed their discomfort with some of the things that the TTFF has done. They are not able to play again while he day at TTFF.
He come right out and said that he in fact OVER sold the stadium in 89.
He paid $1 for the TV rights and KEPT the profits. If he could make money why he didn't let the TTFF make that money ???
He sold WC tickets for big profit and FIFA has buried the E&Y reports.
He said that the TTFF got all this money back in December and NOW saying that it is really $71 MILLION LESS................................SEVENTY ONE MILLION DOLLARS LESS???
Trinidadians come nuh man, we all could do way better than that.
AND these are just the things that he has been caught at
you know that I have NO financial gain to be had from all of this..ALL I care about is that we, including FIFA, TTFF and "The Special Advisor" (oh by the way NO OTHER football federation has a Special Advisor, and WHY is that ??? ) to do the RIGHT thing
Why are we SO upset by this...it is NOT a reflection on Trinidad and Tobago, it is a reflection on those who have abused their power to attain financial gain.
when our neighbour, who is we good pardner, get charged wid robbery...it is NOT a reflection on our lives...that person has done wrong and should stand up to the charges.

http://www.transparencyinsport.org/
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 11:22:16 AM by RedHowler »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2006, 11:00:28 AM »
Yuh know, I was just reading Jennings and Ernst and Young's comments from the link and the following sunk in as the stink of the ticketing scandal with Jackula and Jackulito wafted through the air. Apart from wanting to make money from the ticket scandal, Jack I believe wanted to ensure that as many influential people are beholden to him after he set them up with tickets. How yuh could say anyting when Uncle Jack get a special seat for yuh, Uncle Jack pullsome strings for you to get a flight and so on. He understands the concept of blackmail and hush money well. Doh worry, He is not smart enough to cover all angles.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2006, 06:32:41 AM »
Kinda remind me of how we adored Latas and Yorke, then wanted to lynch them, then adored them more than before.

This is the sweetest place in the world yes.

Kinda remind me of his "yesterday is yesterday and today is tody" statement of some months ago.....sneaky tie tongue tief....

Now de man say to make banners and thing and wave dem at games.....when is de next game??....I goh be waving mih banner!!!...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

truetrini

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2006, 07:16:54 AM »
Just my two cents here ok.

1.  No one here has been against Mr. Austin Jack Warner as longas I have.

2.  I am a staunch supporter of dis website and de Warrior Nation.

3.  I want to dee the day that Jack Warner and Camps and de Corneals and Groden depart from T&T football....real bad.

4.  I want to see a TTFF that is ruh with transparency and honesty.

5.  I wish that the government of T&T manages the country's resources with efficiency and respect for the citizenry.

Now, let me make my position clear.  I will support any grassroots movement to depose Mr. Warner, but there is something about Mr. Jennings' tone that I dislike.  I cannot exactly put my finger on it, but I feel it. 

I would also caution against contacting members of the press, or TTFF or FIFA and representing yourself as a member of this website or the WN (not saying that is the case here ok).  Because while we all know what we feel about the TTFF and by extension Mr. Warner, we have a board of directors within the Warrior Nation and I feel that if we make any statements to the press etc. we should do as a citizen and only mention the WN if we have express permission from the Board of Directors or from the webmasters here, if we use Socawarriors.net.

additionally, I would refrain from knocking on anyone's doors in T&T asking questions of the nature suggested by Mr. Jennings.  By all means exercise your rights, and demand to learn the truth, but for heaven's sake, please do not attempt to illicit any malfeasnce etc. as if you are a member of the poilce force or an investigative reporter.

It jes aint de best or most prudent thing to do.  Allyuh done know de scene in T&T as it pertains to crime and unsolved murders etc.

tread carefully, and by all means write letters and call in raido and TV shows etc.

petition all dat but jes be smart ok?

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2006, 07:44:02 AM »

3.  I want to dee the day that Jack Warner and Camps and de Corneals and Groden depart from T&T football....real bad.

5.  I wish that the government of T&T manages the country's resources with efficiency and respect for the citizenry.

Now, let me make my position clear.  I will support any grassroots movement to depose Mr. Warner, but there is something about Mr. Jennings' tone that I dislike.  I cannot exactly put my finger on it, but I feel it. 

I would also caution against contacting members of the press, or TTFF or FIFA and representing yourself as a member of this website or the WN (not saying that is the case here ok).  Because while we all know what we feel about the TTFF and by extension Mr. Warner, we have a board of directors within the Warrior Nation and I feel that if we make any statements to the press etc. we should do as a citizen and only mention the WN if we have express permission from the Board of Directors or from the webmasters here, if we use Socawarriors.net.

additionally, I would refrain from knocking on anyone's doors in T&T asking questions of the nature suggested by Mr. Jennings.  By all means exercise your rights, and demand to learn the truth, but for heaven's sake, please do not attempt to illicit any malfeasnce etc. as if you are a member of the poilce force or an investigative reporter.

It jes aint de best or most prudent thing to do.  Allyuh done know de scene in T&T as it pertains to crime and unsolved murders etc.

tread carefully, and by all means write letters and call in raido and TV shows etc.

:yapping:   :sleepy:

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2006, 07:52:05 AM »

I agree.. be careful.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2006, 07:57:28 AM »

I agree.. be careful.

Same here!
TT's advice is quite relevant, he not just talking for talking sake as Jahyouth is implying!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2006, 08:12:45 AM »

I agree.. be careful.

Same here!
TT's advice is quite relevant, he not just talking for talking sake as Jahyouth is implying!

I was just pulling truetrinis leg.  He definitely has a point

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2006, 09:15:17 AM »

I have to agree with TT on this . When I first read this thread ah thought the same thing but didn't post on it. After reading TT warning ah have to confirm and endorse his belief.

Let me jes say me eh want to be in any ' International Witch Hunt ' for any ah meh Trini bredrins even doh ah eh like dey dealings an ting. At the end ah de day is we character (Trinidad and Tobago's) dat go get judgement by these ignorant asses. If allyuh wah go , do yuh ting an be very careful cause as TT say nuff tings happen in TNT and it never have any recourse or action to be taken for justice.

Hold it dong !
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2006, 09:21:26 AM »
I agree to be careful man does disappear for less. As for Jennings motive. If it was Jack alone he was hounding then I would have been suspicious. Jack is the only one however, who lost his cool.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2006, 10:37:11 AM »
Thank you TrueTrini for bringing a sober second opinion into the mix
and I too was a little uneasy when he mentioned those two ladies.
I find that very unprofessional and that is something he could have done himself and NOT include in his email to RedTriniGirl, and I wondered at the time if in fact it was from Mr Jennings.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 11:07:09 AM by RedHowler »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bricktop

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2006, 10:44:47 AM »
we have a board of directors within the Warrior Nation

You guys have a board of directors  ??? If I laugh a dead  ;D How many directors are on the board and how can I become a shareholder? After all if you have a board of directors you must by extension have shareholders right?  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2006, 11:13:34 AM »
we have a board of directors within the Warrior Nation

You guys have a board of directors  ??? If I laugh a dead  ;D How many directors are on the board and how can I become a shareholder? After all if you have a board of directors you must by extension have shareholders right?  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

That is for the Supporters Club
www.thewarriornation.com
You could be a shareholder if you want once you pay your dues.
Allyuh Jakans have anything similar?

Offline Bricktop

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2006, 11:16:10 AM »
That is for the Supporters Club
www.thewarriornation.com
You could be a shareholder if you want once you pay your dues.
Allyuh Jakans have anything similar?
So do they pay dividends? I believe we have the Reggae Boyz Supporters Club.

1]; } ?>