March 28, 2024, 04:30:23 PM

Author Topic: Andrew Jennings advice to the Forum on situation with Soca Warriors  (Read 12077 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew Jennings advice to the Forum on situation with Soca Warriors
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2006, 11:18:19 AM »
nex ting ah set ah jamrockers on here calling for membership privileges ;D ;D ;D ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2006, 11:38:16 AM »
After all if you have a board of directors you must by extension have shareholders right?
Wrong.
You can have a BOD without any shares.  Non-profits have a BOD.

Offline Bricktop

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2006, 11:39:34 AM »
After all if you have a board of directors you must by extension have shareholders right?
Wrong.
You can have a BOD without any shares.  Non-profits have a BOD.
Is the WARRIOR NATION a non-profit?

Offline socachatter

• ey boy look ah make
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2006, 11:55:26 AM »
i think the word you are looking for truetrini is PATRONIZING.  he is suggesting that we prove the level of our commitment to the soca warriors by hunting down info for him.  steups!  I agree with you...tread carefully. 
"Moral certainty is always a sign of cultural inferiority.  The more uncivilized the man, the surer he is that he knows precisely what is right and what is wrong.  All human progress, even in morals, has been the work of men who doubted current moral values, not of men who tried to enforce them."

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2006, 12:10:06 PM »
Is the WARRIOR NATION a non-profit?

Yes it is.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2006, 12:24:54 PM »
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2006, 06:58:35 AM »
Kinda remind me of how we adored Latas and Yorke, then wanted to lynch them, then adored them more than before.

This is the sweetest place in the world yes.

Kinda remind me of his "yesterday is yesterday and today is tody" statement of some months ago.....sneaky tie tongue tief....

Now de man say to make banners and thing and wave dem at games.....when is de next game??....I goh be waving mih banner!!!...

Ah had to admit that I agreed readily with waving of de banner and protest of that nature, but I know mih ent no detective and mih ent know bout knocking on nobody door to ask them nothing, so yest we have tread carefully....but we cyar just sit down and do nothing....

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2006, 07:38:47 AM »
Imagine somebody from the Trinidad Guardian thief this thread and put it in page 77.

Fuss dey looking for story.

No author no nuttin.

But they did say It was Flex message board and socawarriors.net that the messsage was posted.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2006, 10:20:50 AM »
We real popular boy
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Foul.....one of de stories from the book
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2008, 06:41:51 PM »
allya check out dis story that is on Transparency In Sport
http://www.transparencyinsport.org/greene.html

http://www.transparencyinsport.org/
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 06:46:00 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2008, 09:02:48 PM »
Forumites, its easy for me living safely in England to critisice, but I have to say, that if this information related to someone in England, I would write a letter to the newspapers letters page and ask those questions about those two ladies.

We have just had a similar case in England, where 2 working class people allegedly donated £1million to the Labour Party. After very brief investigations, it become apparent that identity fraud had taken place and these people were not aware that their names had been used.

You could write anonymously to the papers. But you must try to get this out in the open. Also, if government funding is involved, you have the right as a citizen to demand transparency.

Finally, Mr Jennings has said that he personally visited the ladies house. He's back in England now. He cannot visit the street, but you can. Its not his fight. He just believes in justice. Its your fight, and therefore, to protect your football, its down to Trinis to take action. Jennings and Lasana can expose certain information, but its your country and your football. Write to the papers and get the truth into the open.

Sorry I am so aggresive, but its not everyday that Gillingham score 3 goals away from home!!  ;D 

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2008, 10:15:21 PM »
Forumites, its easy for me living safely in England to critisice, but I have to say, that if this information related to someone in England, I would write a letter to the newspapers letters page and ask those questions about those two ladies.

We have just had a similar case in England, where 2 working class people allegedly donated £1million to the Labour Party. After very brief investigations, it become apparent that identity fraud had taken place and these people were not aware that their names had been used.

You could write anonymously to the papers. But you must try to get this out in the open. Also, if government funding is involved, you have the right as a citizen to demand transparency.

Finally, Mr Jennings has said that he personally visited the ladies house. He's back in England now. He cannot visit the street, but you can. Its not his fight. He just believes in justice. Its your fight, and therefore, to protect your football, its down to Trinis to take action. Jennings and Lasana can expose certain information, but its your country and your football. Write to the papers and get the truth into the open.

Sorry I am so aggresive, but its not everyday that Gillingham score 3 goals away from home!!  ;D 
Kentsoulman,
lets look at this objectively
Jackula has power over the TTFF
Jackula has power over CFU
Jackula has Power over CONCACAF
Jackula is a Vice President of FIFA
Jackula has power over Blatter as it is his balance of power that got Blatter elected.
Now, for anyone in Trinidad to ever HOPE that we could get Jackula to be removed from TnT Football it would be a modern day Miracle.
FIFA WILL ban Trinidad and Tobago from its competitions if the Government were to GROW testes and DO the RIGHT thing for Football in TnT and prevent Jackula from his VERY NEGATIVE influence over TnT Football.

Please give us some suggestions that would put at ease and maybe usher in an Era of Jackula free Football in TnT.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2008, 10:41:34 PM »

Kentsoulman,
lets look at this objectively
Jackula has power over the TTFF
Jackula has power over CFU
Jackula has Power over CONCACAF
Jackula is a Vice President of FIFA
Jackula has power over Blatter as it is his balance of power that got Blatter elected.
Now, for anyone in Trinidad to ever HOPE that we could get Jackula to be removed from TnT Football it would be a modern day Miracle.
FIFA WILL ban Trinidad and Tobago from its competitions if the Government were to GROW testes and DO the RIGHT thing for Football in TnT and prevent Jackula from his VERY NEGATIVE influence over TnT Football.

Please give us some suggestions that would put at ease and maybe usher in an Era of Jackula free Football in TnT.
I thkn what the man saying, is that is not the GOvahment going and save we or we football.  their hands tied.  but our hands not tied.  we have freedom of information act in t'dad? taxpayers have any right to view statements of any organization to which their taxes go into?

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2008, 11:01:47 PM »
I thkn what the man saying, is that is not the GOvahment going and save we or we football.  their hands tied.  but our hands not tied.  we have freedom of information act in t'dad? taxpayers have any right to view statements of any organization to which their taxes go into?
Well den, we arse dark
nothing will change until there are No Mo' Warners OR No Mo' Blatters
we, I mean I,  have to learn to accept the FACTS and tolerate things as is

but den again Miracles have happened elsewhere, so who is we?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 12:25:28 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2008, 07:22:22 AM »
bloodless coup
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2008, 07:45:13 AM »
Guys, I don't know the answer to this. If the T&T government have invested money in football via TTFF, there would be a document from TTFF stating their request for funds and what it should be spent on. Therefore, the govt have every right to request overssight on that spending. They can investigate individuals. Those individuals should then be suspended pending investigation. If they have acted illegally, they can be fined or imprisoned.

The election process to TTFF can be investigated by a government appointed lawyer. If the process is not open and democratic, the TTFF can be suspended and an interim committee put in place until new elections take place.

FIFA may well suspend T&T. But they would have no legal right to do this. FIFA is a load of blokes running a game-football. It cannot overturn court cases or support illegal activity. If FIFA suspend a country, then FIFA can be sued and they can be investigated.

The whole FIFA situation is based on bullying and corruption. You can sit by and let it happen and take your bribes or attack it.

No nation has had the balls to attack it. It would take a lot of money and a lot of time.

If you read about Antigua below you will see that FIFA do not care about supporting the crooks and would rather damage football in a nation. This is because if they don't support their corrupt friends, these people may well spill the beans on FIFA.

Remember the FIFA guy who was sacked because he lied in court about the Mastercard case? As soon as the case was over and FIFA were fined $100 million, he was reinstated at a higher position and salary. Thats how they keep people quiet.

But someday, somebody will stand up to FIFA.

The question you must ask yourselves is do you want to risk missing out on a World Cup, or do you want football in T&T cleaned up for the future?

This is easy for me to say, cause I'm in England. But, trust me, missing out on World Cup finals isn't the end of the world if your game will improve in the future.

Read this piece by Jennings in todays paper.

http://www.transparencyinsport.org/downloads/files/antigua.pdf

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2008, 08:14:29 AM »
the thing i like about the man is that he does reply to emails :beermug: compared to other people.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2008, 10:08:29 PM »
we have a board of directors within the Warrior Nation

You guys have a board of directors  ??? If I laugh a dead  ;D How many directors are on the board and how can I become a shareholder? After all if you have a board of directors you must by extension have shareholders right?  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
No you dunce.  Even non-profits, which by definition cannot have "shareholders", they too have boards of directors.  If you were'nt so intent on being a jackass you might have actually thought of that one yourself.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2008, 10:10:56 PM »
Guys, I don't know the answer to this. If the T&T government have invested money in football via TTFF, there would be a document from TTFF stating their request for funds and what it should be spent on. Therefore, the govt have every right to request overssight on that spending. They can investigate individuals. Those individuals should then be suspended pending investigation. If they have acted illegally, they can be fined or imprisoned.

The election process to TTFF can be investigated by a government appointed lawyer. If the process is not open and democratic, the TTFF can be suspended and an interim committee put in place until new elections take place.

FIFA may well suspend T&T. But they would have no legal right to do this. FIFA is a load of blokes running a game-football. It cannot overturn court cases or support illegal activity. If FIFA suspend a country, then FIFA can be sued and they can be investigated.

The whole FIFA situation is based on bullying and corruption. You can sit by and let it happen and take your bribes or attack it.

No nation has had the balls to attack it. It would take a lot of money and a lot of time.

If you read about Antigua below you will see that FIFA do not care about supporting the crooks and would rather damage football in a nation. This is because if they don't support their corrupt friends, these people may well spill the beans on FIFA.

Remember the FIFA guy who was sacked because he lied in court about the Mastercard case? As soon as the case was over and FIFA were fined $100 million, he was reinstated at a higher position and salary. Thats how they keep people quiet.

But someday, somebody will stand up to FIFA.

The question you must ask yourselves is do you want to risk missing out on a World Cup, or do you want football in T&T cleaned up for the future?

This is easy for me to say, cause I'm in England. But, trust me, missing out on World Cup finals isn't the end of the world if your game will improve in the future.

Read this piece by Jennings in todays paper.

http://www.transparencyinsport.org/downloads/files/antigua.pdf

The government didn't 'invest' any money in the TTFF.

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2008, 11:31:20 PM »
If I remember correctly, the Govt agreed to match the funds raised by TTFF for the WC. That must mean the Govt paid over $80 million. Now you may not call this an investment, you could say it was a donation. But if I had given someone $80m and then they say they're broke, I'd expect to have the right to ask where the money went.

Presumably, TTFF will want more Govt money in the future? In which case, the Govt should say "we'll give you more bucks once you show us where the last lot went". This is not "intervention", it is accountability. If the funds were misused in any way, the Govt have the right to begin legal investigations. Especially since they showed that minister a set of false accounts.

I can't see why the Govt can't write directly to FIFA and express their concerns and invite FIFA personell to take part in the inquiry. 

Finally, TTFF said that a third of the world cup money was to be set aside for the 2010 campaign. Therefore the money is an investment for the future. Also, if some of the money went towards youth development, again, that is an investment.

But I think we shuld stop being pedantic about wordplay and accept the fact that the Govt paid TTFF alot of taxpayers money and you guys have the right to know how it was spent.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2008, 01:22:03 AM »
If I remember correctly, the Govt agreed to match the funds raised by TTFF for the WC. That must mean the Govt paid over $80 million. Now you may not call this an investment, you could say it was a donation. But if I had given someone $80m and then they say they're broke, I'd expect to have the right to ask where the money went.

Presumably, TTFF will want more Govt money in the future? In which case, the Govt should say "we'll give you more bucks once you show us where the last lot went". This is not "intervention", it is accountability. If the funds were misused in any way, the Govt have the right to begin legal investigations. Especially since they showed that minister a set of false accounts.

I can't see why the Govt can't write directly to FIFA and express their concerns and invite FIFA personell to take part in the inquiry. 

Finally, TTFF said that a third of the world cup money was to be set aside for the 2010 campaign. Therefore the money is an investment for the future. Also, if some of the money went towards youth development, again, that is an investment.

But I think we shuld stop being pedantic about wordplay and accept the fact that the Govt paid TTFF alot of taxpayers money and you guys have the right to know how it was spent.

The Government didn't match any specific amount, they made a contribution once the players got back from GErmany b/c the Manning government didn't want to lose face to the opposition (with which Warner is aligned) especially given Jack's carping to all who would listen that he and he alone got the Warriors to Germany.  The PNM government sought a way to buy in on the public goodwill that was being traded in the immediate wake of the Germany campaign.  I believe the amount was somewhere in the neighborhood of $30m TT, but I could be wrong on the actual figure.  Ostensibly, it was a one-time contribution made to help defray the costs of the campaign.   

The government can ask for an accounting of how that money was spent, but in reality the TTFF don't have to comply...they never applied for the money...there was no fraud or misrepresentation made as a condition for getting it.  If you decide to give your money to a beggar on the streets you have ever right to later on ask him how he spent it...doesn't mean that he owes you an answer. The government in its haste was being spendthrift with the public's money and absent of any stipulations on how the funds should be spent, the TTFF is free to do with it as they please.  The only real risk the TTFF runs is that more Government money won't be forthcoming later on.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2008, 04:36:54 AM »
check these two threads about the Government money
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=30950.msg355070#msg355070
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=20762.msg218769#msg218769

I am of the opinion that Jackula decided not pay the players after the Government gave them the bonus ;)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 04:59:11 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2008, 01:42:20 PM »
Suppose Antigua/Barbuda doesn't pay up on Jan 17, this Thursday, and gets kicked out of FIFA.
Does that mean their scheduled opponent, Aruba, will win by default, or will they bring in the next country on the rankings list to fill the spot?

Edit: just found ABFA's response to CFU's threat to suspend them:

Richards: CFU has no jurisdiction
by Neto Baptiste (Antigua Sun)

Friday January 11 2008

Naming the threats by the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) to suspend the Antigua and Barbuda Football Association (ABFA) as “inappropriate and unprofessional,” President of the ABFA, Mervyn “MR” Richards said that they would not be paying the $513,000, reportedly owed to former general-secretary, Paul “Chet” Greene by the specified 17 Jan deadline.

Richards made the disclosure during a press conference yesterday, in which he questioned the jurisdiction of the CFU on the matter, stating that the next step would be for Greene to take up the issue with the FIFA arbitration court.

“The posture, which has now been adopted by the CFU, cannot be accepted by the Antigua and Barbuda Football Association. The ABFA has genuine doubts as to whether the executive of the CFU has the right to threaten the ABFA with suspension in these circumstances. The ABFA has not acted in breach of any rules of the CFU and more importantly, the CFU has no jurisdiction in the dispute with Mr. Greene. The ABFA now, therefore considers that the actions of the executive of the CFU to be inappropriate and unprofessional and the ABFA would not be complying with the directives of the CFU on this matter,” Richards said.

The ABFA had been given until 17 Jan., to pay the full amount owed to Greene or face suspension from all CFU sanctioned activities – the second in a line of threats from President of the organisation, Jack Warner, to the ABFA regarding the issue.

Greene’s claim reportedly includes unpaid salaries and other miscellaneous expenditures. But according to the FA, although Greene did submit some receipts, there was never any authority by the then executive to reimburse him.

Richards further reported that his executive, on receiving legal advice, have also come to question the legitimacy of Greene’s former contract with the ABFA – he however refused to go into any details.

“We have written to the CFU to appeal the issue and have also written to the FIFA asking them to step in on our behalf. We have always had an issue with the legitimacy of the contract entered into by Greene and the then executive as well,” Richards said.

In outlining the conditions leading up to the current situation, Richards said that the ABFA had never agreed to adhere to the findings of a report put together by President of the Barbados Association, Ronald Jones, who was asked, by CFU, to act as a mediator in the matter.

“By letter dated 25 February 2005, the president of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) informed the ABFA that Mr. Ronald Jones had been appointed by the CFU to act as a mediator in the dispute. Now on 7 March of 2005, the ABFA received communication from the said Mr. Jones, confirming that he was indeed selected to act as mediator in the issue.

"We did not protest against the process and participated in the process with Mr. Jones. He visited Antigua in the first quarter of 2005 and held meeting with all persons involved including Mr. Greene and after his initial visit, Jones issued an interim report in which he determined that the dispute was soluble and he made recommendations for further discussions between the parties,” he said.

Richards went on to state that via another letter in June of 2006, that ABFA was informed by Jones, that there would have been some pre-conditions to the resolution of the matter that would have been addressed – but were never addressed.

“None of the stated pre-conditions have been satisfied to date and further, Mr. Jones, have not to the knowledge of the Association conducted any further meetings in Antigua since issuing his interim report in 2005,” he said.

“By e-mail correspondence dated on the 16 Oct 2006, the President of CFU (Jack Warner) wrote to the ABFA and indicated that having consulted FIFA, that it was accepted that the Jones report was the product of mediation and not arbitration and further recommended to Mr. Greene that he initiate the arbitration process in accordance with his purported contract,” the ABFA president said.

The conference was also attended by General-Secretary of the ABFA, Gordon “Banks” Derrick and attorney at law for the ABFA Kenny Kentish.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 01:45:42 PM by E-man »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2008, 01:46:36 PM »
check these two threads about the Government money
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=30950.msg355070#msg355070
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=20762.msg218769#msg218769

I am of the opinion that Jackula decided not pay the players after the Government gave them the bonus ;)

Sounds logical to me
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2008, 02:00:06 PM »
It obvious dat after d mil d govt pay JW say not a damn cent 4 dem
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2010, 02:02:23 PM »
Mr. Jennings will be in the country this week  ;D.  Contact info coming soon

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2010, 02:17:35 PM »

As a personal guess of Basdeo Panday?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2010, 02:19:58 PM »
      To do what?sell another book,i guess this time JW gone for sure.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2010, 02:24:17 PM »

No jack mentioned that Manning may bring Jennings on his platform
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2010, 05:55:10 PM »

probably not
but maybe a Guest ;D ;D

easy Weary :rotfl:
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>