April 27, 2024, 10:57:28 PM

Author Topic: Julius James, one for the future?  (Read 7656 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Julius James, one for the future?
« on: January 15, 2008, 12:38:30 PM »
Julius James, one for the future?
Warrior Nation Media

With our defense from the World Cup 2006 squad depleted due to retirement, blacklists, age etc., T&T football fans are understandably asking the question "Where are our defenders?". One player who is hoping to fill this void, is former U-17 member, Julius James. Julius has been a revelation at the University of Connecticut, where he is completing his final year of studies. In recognition of his ability, he was invited to the 2008 MLS Combine where he would get a chance to display his skills to MLS coaches and various scouts, with the hope of landing a professional contract. To get a little insight into Julius, Warrior Nation Media correspondent Collin "Mr Mc" McFarlane made his way to Lockhart Stadium, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida on Saturday, January 12th to chat with him.

Read more...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 07:00:46 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Julius James, one for the future?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 01:05:50 PM »
nice job mr mc
long time since i see morvantman be called

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 01:22:13 PM »
Nice interview, good to see the man wants to play for T&T, hopefully he get the call soon
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 01:40:17 PM »
the pleasure was all mine, I was just helping out the Nation and the fourm.  It was very interesting being out there at the combine sitting in the stands with all the officials from all the teams.  it was dead silent.  At half time they all switched over to the other side of the field and I saw Kobe Jones, Lallas and Ruud had come out.
I only got to se James play one game, but he did well.  He is very vocal in the back and reads the game very well.  So while there was not much to do, he was there when tackles needed to be made and broke up many plays.  The man know how to play the position, all that is needed now is for him to get a chance vs some higher level competition cause the college cames looks like it comes easy to him.  But those who work hard always make it look easy.

As for the roti rumor, Let the record show I gave him a card with my number and passed my number along thru MM. So I didnt reneing on them, jus didnt get the call.  But maybe its for the better because Tallman done ask meh what kinda bad diet I promoting.  ;D

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 01:46:28 PM »
nice work with the interview mr mc

i like this part the best  ;D

WN: Apart from possibly your parents, is Kenrick Burke aka morvantman your biggest fan?
JJ: [laughing] yes yes, he is.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 01:53:47 PM »
A like this kid.  He have his head on right.  I also like how he said he was a college student first.  Nothing but respect Julius.  All the best and good luck man.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 02:55:03 PM »
nice work with the interview mr mc

i like this part the best  ;D

WN: Apart from possibly your parents, is Kenrick Burke aka morvantman your biggest fan?
JJ: [laughing] yes yes, he is.

I cannot take credit for the questions, but it was a good one.  I passed over another and had to rush it in because we was walking towards the bus where all the rest of his squad was waiting.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 03:34:18 PM »
Nice work Mr Mc. It has been published !!!!!

Thank you...
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline skillful

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 04:45:35 PM »
Very good stuff Mr. Mc. Good for the game,and it's supporetrs!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 05:46:25 PM »
Nice work Mr Mc  :beermug:.

......ah hope yuh fedex de man he roti
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 06:01:15 PM »
Nice work Mr Mc  :beermug:.

......ah hope yuh fedex de man he roti

The Senior Team bound to pass back thru Ft Lauderdale at some point.  If/When he on that squad he go collect it then, I always  make good on my IOUs. I dont think Joys did open on Monday anyways  ;) :D ;D
Beenie bring the man in for a look see, last time so I dont see why he cant get a callup again for at least Ash Wednesday and the PR games.

What has become of the other college kid, Kearon Neaves USF I think he was going?

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 07:10:07 PM »
One for de future......like TTFF waiting until dis man eligible for pension to call him. Steups. So much games and chances gone...and he eh get call....i really doh know wha does go on wit dem nah.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2008, 07:58:42 PM »
I wonder if is because Jackula cant get his talons into Julius that he does not get selected?
many of Mike Berry's players are picked, as an example, and Mr Berry tight wid jackula (and he implicated in Bobbol in the UK)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2008, 08:44:33 PM »
I wonder if is because Jackula cant get his talons into Julius that he does not get selected?
many of Mike Berry's players are picked, as an example, and Mr Berry tight wid jackula (and he implicated in Bobbol in the UK)

Well dahs a long but logical explaination. Buh he won't need berry yet...he's not a pro...so i doh think he would require an agent. We cant really say....he alluded to his non selection partially being due to him not playing professionally....so maybe thats it.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2008, 10:25:11 PM »
Niceness d future is nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww in fact it was yday,last week, last mth or even last yr
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2008, 04:11:16 AM »

Yuh call up man for training and no concern about his welfare ?

The manager instructed by the coach should be on top of those issues.
 After the coach make the call out the manager should get in contact will all the players and ask questions like, where yuh living ? How yuh getting to the try outs ? etc.
Then he should say well look, this man coming from the next state and he need 20$ or this man coming from Grenada and need 500$
We could afford to help the 20$ man and subsidise the Grenadian.
But hell man at least try to help out the fellas to get to the try outs , we could be missing out on some good players because of small money.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2008, 05:29:55 AM »

Yuh call up man for training and no concern about his welfare ?

The manager instructed by the coach should be on top of those issues.
 After the coach make the call out the manager should get in contact will all the players and ask questions like, where yuh living ? How yuh getting to the try outs ? etc.
Then he should say well look, this man coming from the next state and he need 20$ or this man coming from Grenada and need 500$
We could afford to help the 20$ man and subsidise the Grenadian.
But hell man at least try to help out the fellas to get to the try outs , we could be missing out on some good players because of small money.

Sad thing is....i cant remember a coach we had that was like that. Guess what that means?

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2008, 07:10:27 AM »
Julius James....23 yrs old and never played club football ..... last time a tnt player did this was Brent Rahim...same school too....lets hope for a different outcome...

wish james all the best and i would really like to see him in the the tnt kit soon.......
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2008, 09:19:06 AM »
big up to meh boy nasshy

long time a st james sec man aint get on the national team
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2008, 12:26:14 PM »
Remember Sancho played college ball too with St John’s when they won the title   but he always was in the TnT set Julius was on the un 17 world cup team these guys were to be the future
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2008, 07:51:35 PM »
http://www.3rddegree.net/2008/01/mls-combine-08-wrap-up/
Julius James: A complete all around player and tremendous athlete. The best athletic defender, and a very smart tactical defender on top of that.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=498706&root=mls&cc=5901
UConn's Julius James is the other sure thing. Projected by some as the potential No. 2 overall pick or possibly even No. 1, James had a slow start to the combine, appearing lethargic and disinterested. However, by the third day, James was exhibiting nice composure and defensive instincts. "Solid, just all-around solid," said one coach. I don't think his upside is as high as Iro's but James will be a very safe pick.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 09:05:17 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2008, 10:52:39 PM »
http://www.3rddegree.net/2008/01/mls-combine-08-wrap-up/
Julius James: A complete all around player and tremendous athlete. The best athletic defender, and a very smart tactical defender on top of that.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=498706&root=mls&cc=5901
UConn's Julius James is the other sure thing. Projected by some as the potential No. 2 overall pick or possibly even No. 1, James had a slow start to the combine, appearing lethargic and disinterested. However, by the third day, James was exhibiting nice composure and defensive instincts. "Solid, just all-around solid," said one coach. I don't think his upside is as high as Iro's but James will be a very safe pick.
and yet, jackula cant find a way to get him to play for the senior team
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2008, 04:01:15 AM »
Re: link to articles - interesting insight in terms of providing mindset of the coaches.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2008, 07:11:26 AM »
Update from SuperDraft Central
By Martin Rogers

Friday, Jan 18, 2008 3:53 am EST
BALTIMORE – For a few hours on Thursday night, the epicenter of North American soccer was the bar at the Marriott Inner Harbor Hotel.

In that unlikely setting, with patrons, journalists, PR staff and coaches all milling around, potential trades ahead of Friday afternoon's MLS SuperDraft were discussed between the powerbrokers of various clubs.

A few noteworthy items:

• Real Salt Lake is looking to deal and may try to end up with both Julius James of University of Connecticut and Sean Franklin of Cal-State Northridge. RSL might be in the market for the top pick, currently held by the Kansas City Wizards, to make sure it gets James.

• The Los Angeles Galaxy are keen to get defensive help and have been repeatedly linked with UC Santa Barbara's Andy Iro with the fourth overall selection. However, another serious option could be Chance Myers, a 20-year-old UCLA product. The advantage of choosing Myers, a Generation adidas player, would be that his wages would not count towards the Galaxy's salary cap.

• The Houston Dynamo and New York Red Bulls are two teams likely to be quiet in the draft. The Dynamo are short on picks, while Red Bulls coach Juan Carlos Osorio has made no secret that he does not regard this year's draft to be packed with talent.

• Patrick Nyarko of Virginia Tech remains in strong position to be taken in the top three, quite possibly first by Kansas City as a replacement for the departing Eddie Johnson. If he's not No. 1, Nyarko would surely be taken by FC Dallas with the second choice.

THOUGHT OF THE DAY

"Liverpool will win the league again, I am sure of it. But I don't think they will do it this season" – Former Liverpool player, and now Derby County manager, Paul Jewell.

Email this Entry More World Soccer Entries
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2008, 08:39:56 AM »
ah nervous :-\
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2008, 10:26:39 AM »
ah nervous :-\

he would get drafted for sure no doubt in my mind  i just worried about manswell
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2008, 01:24:47 PM »
no james Yet!  :o :o
All American

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2008, 01:44:58 PM »
#9 to Toronto FC...at least trinis could c him play.
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2008, 01:45:35 PM »
9th Overall pick To Toronto FC..... :applause: :applause:
All American

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2008, 01:49:08 PM »
He should get some playing time in toronto
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>