April 19, 2024, 07:03:41 PM

Author Topic: Jones is the best prem striker says Roy Keane.  (Read 5448 times)

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Jones is the best prem striker says Roy Keane.
« on: January 18, 2008, 08:08:56 AM »
Jones is best in Prem, boasts Keane.
By: FOXSports.
[/size]

Sunderland boss Roy Keane has hailed Kenwyne Jones as the best striker in the Premier League - and reckons the 23-year-old is worth £40million.
The Trinidad and Tobago frontman has made a nonsense of his £6million price tag, which raised a few eyebrows when Keane handed over the cheque to Southampton in August.
Jones demonstrated his prowess once again last weekend when he took England international defender Sol Campbell apart to pave the way for Kieran Richardson to shoot down Portsmouth.
Keane always felt he had paid a more than reasonable price for the towering hitman, but insists that if other Premier League strikers are being spoken of in the £20million bracket, his investment was a huge bargain.
He said: "I have said before, there is no doubt we have got the best striker in the Premier League at the moment in Kenwyne, no doubt about it.
"If they are on about certain strikers being worth £20million, then Kenwyne is worth £40million, without a doubt.
"I wouldn't swap him for any of them."
Jones will be in good company on Saturday when he leads the line at Tottenham, who have in-form strikers of their own in the shape of Dimitar Berbatov and Robbie Keane.
But while Juande Ramos' front two began the season with their reputations firmly established, Jones has been something of a surprise package, even for the man who took him to Wearside.
Asked how satisfying it was to see his summer signing blossoming in the top flight, Keane said with a smile: "I was going to get one right, wasn't I?
"By the law of averages, you are going to get one right out of 15 or 20.
"Every time a player comes to a club, no matter how much you have looked at him, you just never know how they are going to react.
"He has really surprised us. We knew he was a talented lad, but he has knuckled down.
"Even last week, he was clearly not 100% fit, but he is doing a great job for the team.
"Ultimately all these top players in the world we talk about going back over the years are also big team players.
"Kenwyne has done really well for us, I have to say."
Sunderland head for Spurs - the side against which they opened their campaign with a 1-0 victory to spark fresh optimism for the season - languishing in the bottom three despite last weekend's win over Pompey.
They do so with their injury problems having struck once again with winger Ross Wallace ruled out for the season by a knee injury, defender Danny Higginbotham facing surgery to pin a broken toe and midfielder Grant Leadbitter sidelined for up to three weeks with a similar, but less serious, fracture.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 08:51:59 AM by Flex »
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Re: Jones is the best prem striker says Roy Keane
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 08:17:15 AM »
Sunderland boss Roy Keane has hailed Kenwyne Jones as the best striker in the Premier League - and reckons the 23-year-old is worth £40million.

With apologies to Anil Roberts:

WHAT??!!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jones is the best prem striker says Roy Keane.
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 09:13:49 AM »
Hype
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 09:18:31 AM »
Belief in your player....Keane has played with quality strikers.....Kenwyn is quality

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 09:52:32 AM »
I remember when Beenie said Kenwyne doesn't know how good he is. Just imagine when this man peak.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline gothic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 10:01:36 AM »
i think Keane is taking a page page out of Sir Alex's book, Fergie master touting young players by saying they are the best or on the verge of being the best in the world and then after that he get amazing performance out of them. Confidence is a footballers best friend and if a guy has the ability and doesn't believe he does nothing but with the belief that he is better than whoever he is facing then anything is possible.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 10:02:14 AM »
This is what I do not like about football in England. Ok we all know Kenwyn has huge potential, but why drop this on his shoulders. Keane wants to cash in on Jones, so what does he do! he makes statements that places a young player under stress. Now the media will fish bowl the man and if he doh score in a couple of games, eat him alive. Look how Wright Phillips, Joe Cole, Wayne Rooney, Owen, Anelka and a host of others struggled under the weight of expectations.  
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline kaiser

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 10:02:41 AM »
reckless statements like these can either hurt or enhance a players career,if they keep scoring obviously when suitors come around they come with serious cash but conversely if they stop scoring or get injured no one wants to touch them,i remember something like this happened with nixon in scotland when the manager said he was worth some ridiculous price and after that he was unable to get offers,so keane with all due respect, hush yuh arse and let the boy play he game

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
Sale!!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 10:03:38 AM »
As a slave trader would oil up his slave before sale
as repairing the bodt before selling the car

somwehow i feel keane buffing up jones for the transfer market
after all its just business

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 10:06:11 AM »
This is what I do not like about football in England. Ok we all know Kenwyn has huge potential, but why drop this on his shoulders. Keane wants to cash in on Jones, so what does he do! he makes statements that places a young player under stress. Now the media will fish bowl the man and if he doh score in a couple of games, eat him alive. Look how Wright Phillips, Joe Cole, Wayne Rooney, Owen, Anelka and a host of others struggled under the weight of expectations. 
No. He don't want to cash in on Jones. That's why he quoting ridiculous prices to ward off interest.

And from all accounts, going back even to Southampton, Kenwyne is a supremely confident youth. Almost cocky. I doh think this will pressure him.

EDIT: In fact, Keane didn't even say he worth 40 million. He say IF these other strikers going for 20 million, THEN Kenwyne should go for 40. He obviously doesn't believe either of them is worth that much.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 10:10:18 AM by planetcory »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 10:29:11 AM »
No. He don't want to cash in on Jones. That's why he quoting ridiculous prices to ward off interest.

And from all accounts, going back even to Southampton, Kenwyne is a supremely confident youth. Almost cocky. I doh think this will pressure him.

EDIT: In fact, Keane didn't even say he worth 40 million. He say IF these other strikers going for 20 million, THEN Kenwyne should go for 40. He obviously doesn't believe either of them is worth that much.

Look the fact remains Kenwyn have 25 people presently ahead of him in the scoring department. Most of them the same 20 mil strikers.  It is no secret that he has potential and clubs have been knocking at the door. Sunderland needs to stay up in the Premier, but if they don't they will love to cash in & Jones is the player most likely to bring in that cash.
I'll wager a bet if they go down Keane will also cash in some where as a Premiership boss.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 10:48:29 AM »
Cristiano Ronaldo is the best striker in the Prem :beermug:

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 11:03:15 AM »
they call dat tactic bigging up yuh staff to get dem to perform.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 11:10:21 AM »
aka talking ah pack ah ass.

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 11:57:21 AM »
Wim say we players not up to standard... and people get vex.
Whitley went Vietnam (was it?), coach say he not good... people get vex.
Keane say Kenwyne is all dat and more... and people still vex oui...
Toujour Pret!

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 12:12:14 PM »
Cristiano Ronaldo is the best striker in the Prem :beermug:

True ah doh follow ManUre and dem, but, isn't CR7 a winger?
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2008, 12:18:11 PM »
i remember when ronaldinho was in his pomp, Mourinho say Lampard was de best in de world..

Wha wrong wid dat? Is just building yuh players confidence up...

Like how yuh would tell yuh fat mampee gyul she's de sweetest ting yuh ever set yuh eyes upon..

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2008, 12:27:14 PM »

Like how yuh would tell yuh fat mampee gyul she's de sweetest ting yuh ever set yuh eyes upon..

Depends on whether that statement was made before or after 5 shots of puncheon....

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2008, 01:21:14 PM »
Wim say we players not up to standard... and people get vex.
Whitley went Vietnam (was it?), coach say he not good... people get vex.
Keane say Kenwyne is all dat and more... and people still vex oui...
same thing I was thinking  >:(

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2008, 01:26:09 PM »

Depends on whether that statement was made before or after 5 shots of puncheon....

aaaaah boy like yuh tackle endless mampee in yuh days
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2008, 02:02:40 PM »
Trinis like pain so when d coach say we is hound dey get vex when man say we betta than slice bread we still vex. We like to b upset
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2008, 02:30:32 PM »

Yeah ok we know football is a business and we know confidence is a footballer's greatest friend. However ROY KEANE has seen hunger and determination in our lad. How many times this season has Kenwyne played with injury or just shrugged off niggling injuries and play he liver string out. I know Keane impressed with his work ethic and never say die attitude. Kenwyne is a WARRIOR, a fighter and he will not give up that is what I love about him. Kenwyne you destined for great things, keep up the good work and make THE RED, WHITE AND BLACK PROUD AS YOU ARE DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2008, 07:41:25 PM »

aaaaah boy like yuh tackle endless mampee in yuh days

Yuh days? yuh feel I over the hill or what? haha....nah hoss, not I fella.... just throwin' some fuel in the fire...

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2008, 07:39:25 AM »
Keen just want Kieran Richardson to be free to score more goals dais all.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2008, 09:18:17 AM »
They will probably sell him at the end of the season.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2008, 11:28:14 AM »

Yeah, 'dat tactic' work good today boi !! he really show he's de 'Best striker in the Prems'
If Keane really believe that today,then he's more of an idiot than ah thought and will take S'land srtaight back to the championship div. Keane need to  get help for KJ,bring a striker that could play along side him and get rid ah Chopra and dem goat,spend money on a creative midfielder and firm up de defense,if he eh spend money before de window close dey heading straight back down....KJ won't be making that trip though .
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

d_#1Trinba

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2008, 03:42:13 AM »
kenwyyne stop doing rounds after u score a goal every trainers in the world are telling this to the players...stop!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2008, 08:23:24 PM »

Yeah, 'dat tactic' work good today boi !! he really show he's de 'Best striker in the Prems'
If Keane really believe that today,then he's more of an idiot than ah thought and will take S'land srtaight back to the championship div. Keane need to  get help for KJ,bring a striker that could play along side him and get rid ah Chopra and dem goat,spend money on a creative midfielder and firm up de defense,if he eh spend money before de window close dey heading straight back down....KJ won't be making that trip though .
Lol saddist sunderland doh have tactics I backing them to stay up but it obvious to me that they no good they have a few quality players and my fellow trinis in that group....but KJ is the truth...it take Alex ferguson to reveal how bad Yorkie was ten he come and score 29 goals and 23 assists to prove it.....Trinis have that kinda quality  just a matter of giving them a chance

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2008, 11:11:36 PM »

Look the fact remains Kenwyn have 25 people presently ahead of him in the scoring department. Most of them the same 20 mil strikers. It is no secret that he has potential and clubs have been knocking at the door. Sunderland needs to stay up in the Premier, but if they don't they will love to cash in & Jones is the player most likely to bring in that cash.
I'll wager a bet if they go down Keane will also cash in some where as a Premiership boss.

Good talk.

1]; } ?>