April 25, 2024, 08:50:22 PM

Author Topic: Jones: Big talk doesn't affect me...Carlos in good health.  (Read 1483 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jones: Big talk doesn't affect me...Carlos in good health.
« on: January 24, 2008, 10:32:36 PM »
Jones: Big talk doesn't affect me.
By: Shaun Fuentes. (TTFF).

Kenwyne Jones says that the recent bold talks coming from Roy Keane is not affecting his mindset as he tries to help Sunderland get away from the relegation zone in the Premiership.
Keane recently described the former Southampton hitman as the best striker in the Premiership and valued him at 40 million pounds. But for Jones it’s just a complimentary from the Irishman.
Meantime Jones also revealed that Sunderland teammate Carlos Edwards was in good health despite receiving a knock in training on the recently broken foot. Edwards received a slight bruising but nothing close to further sideline threat.
“Those sort of things mean nothing to me really. It’s nice yes to hear the manager having that sort of confidence in me but at the end of the  day I have to go out there and get the job done. It doesn’t add any pressure to me. I know what I’m capable of and that is what I set out to do every time I step out on the pitch for club and country. There are a lot of good strikers in the League and I’m just happy to be compared with them,” Jones said on Tuesday. Jones is one of nine overseas pros carded to return home for the Ash Wednesday February 6 friendly against Guadeloupe at the Queen’s Park Oval.
Former Sunderland star, Gary Rowell, in his column in the Sunderland Echo, agreed every bit with Keane.
“The player who caught my eye against Spurs most was Kenwyne Jones.
I read Roy Keane's comments saying Kenwyne is as good as any striker in the Premier League at the moment and I have to say I agree with him. He's done brilliantly since his arrival and he looks like a quality player. At the moment he's playing as well as anyone and what we really need now is to make sure we're getting the ball up to him constantly, either at his feet or from crosses.,” Rowell stated.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 07:28:10 AM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jones: Big talk doesn't affect me...Carlos in good health.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 10:48:46 PM »
Yes KJ keep your feet planted on d ground. Doh buy into d hype
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 10:49:37 PM »

Meantime Jones also revealed that Sunderland teammate Carlos Edwards was in good health despite receiving a knock in training on the recently broken foot. Edwards received a slight bruising but nothing close to further sideline threat.

:whew:

Best football news for the day. Stay strong Carlos.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 10:49:50 PM »
Good news bout Carlos, if accurate.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 10:54:36 PM »
Yes KJ keep your feet planted on d ground. Doh buy into d hype
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>