April 28, 2024, 03:23:52 AM

Author Topic: Super Bowl XLII -GIANTS VS PATRIOTS  (Read 8716 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Super Bowl XLII -GIANTS VS PATRIOTS
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2008, 06:22:59 PM »
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 09:13:48 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2008, 07:28:51 PM »
The absolute best post-game quotes:

I want to get a copy of the 19-0 book (which was printed and ready to go by the Boston Globe), cuz I like to read a little fiction - Antonio Pierce #58

Everyone has a game plan.....until they get hit in the mouth (Originally Mike Tyson) - Michael Strahan #92

Oh, those 18-1* asterisk t-shirts take win too, like yeah take 18 and one allyuh f^&%ers, and take de asterisk for tiefing, too  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Is almost like a NY Trini design that shirt.

Hmmmmm?

Pierce had another nice one too..."we have a new trademark [Reporter: "What's that?"]...'New York Giants...World Champions', write THAT book!"

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2008, 01:07:21 AM »
you mean dis one
http://www.zazzle.com/18_1_t_shirt-235789127315948609

I like these

cheat or no cheat the Patriots will in all likelyhood kick your teams ass ,other teams did it ,just the jets coach blab ,a no no with coaches .  Well Seau and brushi might retire ,but chances ,they go still kick everybody arse . That cheating tork is just hate lol .

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2008, 02:39:33 AM »
cheat or no cheat the Patriots will in all likelyhood kick your teams ass ,other teams did it ,just the jets coach blab ,a no no with coaches .  Well Seau and brushi might retire ,but chances ,they go still kick everybody arse . That cheating tork is just hate lol .
already been done breds
GIANTS WIN THE SUIPERBOWL!!!!! ;D

and maybe you missed the story earlier in the year
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20765334/
 ;)

Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2008, 02:56:42 AM »
Me ein t want to diss the Giants ,cause I seen them beat Dallas and GB ,which the should not of have really.They were riding a wave of momentum ,few teams could have stoped ,strahan grab them boys and pull them ,for his ring,just like Bettis did,ok fine .But the Giants ,ein t in them class ,if they play again next week Giants getting slaughted ,no doubt ,they are a one hit wonder ,doh look for a repeat.The Pats are probably the greatest teams in the history of the NFL  ;) Don t hate appreciate  ,and I don t like Boston teams ,but they shoulda win this with the world series and maybe the Nba ,and almost the MSL and they hockey team ein t that bad either .

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2008, 03:43:46 AM »
the way I could look at this is that the Giants may be the team of the future.....could be the beginning of the end for the pats.
the packers sent the seahawks home packing  :( ...seattle is my regional team
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 04:05:09 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2008, 03:55:37 PM »
Me ein t want to diss the Giants ,cause I seen them beat Dallas and GB ,which the should not of have really.They were riding a wave of momentum ,few teams could have stoped ,strahan grab them boys and pull them ,for his ring,just like Bettis did,ok fine .But the Giants ,ein t in them class ,if they play again next week Giants getting slaughted ,no doubt ,they are a one hit wonder ,doh look for a repeat.The Pats are probably the greatest teams in the history of the NFL  ;) Don t hate appreciate.
You talking ah pack ah ass.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2008, 05:07:15 PM »
Me ein t want to diss the Giants ,cause I seen them beat Dallas and GB ,which the should not of have really.They were riding a wave of momentum ,few teams could have stoped ,strahan grab them boys and pull them ,for his ring,just like Bettis did,ok fine .But the Giants ,ein t in them class ,if they play again next week Giants getting slaughted ,no doubt ,they are a one hit wonder ,doh look for a repeat.The Pats are probably the greatest teams in the history of the NFL  ;) Don t hate appreciate.
Ok let me retrack everything I said .
I want to diss the giants.I see tham beat Dallas and GB which was obvious.They had no momentum and any team could have stopped them .strahan did nothing to inspire the players,for his ringunlike Bettis did ,ok fine..But the Giants ,are regarded in the upper echelon of NFL team ,surpassing the colts and NE,if they play again next week NE have no chance.And the Giants are are a lock to repeat and maybe 3 peat ,The Pats are probably the most mediocre team in the history of the NFL chams ..
Hate them
better .

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2008, 05:18:19 PM »
the way I could look at this is that the Giants may be the team of the future.....could be the beginning of the end for the pats.
the packers sent the seahawks home packing  :( ...seattle is my regional team
Either way ,the Pats is a dynasty ,and will go down in history ,Lucky I did not hate the 49 s ,Bills ,Dallas and green bay in there day ,great games  ,so to the pats .And if it over which it not ,I saw some great games .

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2008, 05:23:48 PM »
I want to diss the giants.I see tham beat Dallas and GB which was obvious.They had no momentum and any team could have stopped them .strahan did nothing to inspire the players,for his ringunlike Bettis did ,ok fine..But the Giants ,are regarded in the upper echelon of NFL team ,surpassing the colts and NE,if they play again next week NE have no chance.And the Giants are are a lock to repeat and maybe 3 peat ,The Pats are probably the most mediocre team in the history of the NFL chams ..
Hate them
better .

You making it seem like all the Giants had going for them was 'momentum'...facking momentum doh win yuh football games from game to game...maybe inside of an actual game, but not game to game...that is shit talk.  You must be just start watching NFL.

Belichick...de master genius, had 2 full weeks to prepare for the Giants and what did Team Perfection do for 3 quarters?  They couldn't move the ball against the Giants 'D'.  That is not momentum, that is man on man, hat on hat getting out played, Giants 'D' outplaying the New England offense.  Put simply the battle was won in the trenches...momentum ent had shit to do with nutten.  Give NE an extra 2 wks to prepare and they probably STILL would not be able to buy Brady enough time in the pocket.

The Giants D led the NFL in sacks this season with 53...they've been doing it all season, is not like they snuck up on NE.  The Pats knew exactly what to expect and still they couldn't stop it...so dunno where you getting this bullshit sports radio nonsense about if the Pats play them again they'll beat them.  The Pats got lucky in that game 17 win.  That game turned in a three-minute span...Brady to Moss for the long bomb...then Eli came right back and threw a pick to Hobbs...then Brady came back and hit Gaffney with another touchdown.  Just like that, a 21-point turn around (assuming the Giants would have scored)...and that was the game.  Need I remind you that the final margin of victory in that game was also only 3 points.

What you fail to take note of is that NE's play decreased the further they went into the playoffs, while NY only got better.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2008, 12:59:05 PM »
Quagmire, this is what I'm talking about:

Quote from: Peter King, SI.com
I think the moral of this NFL season is simple. It's very, very hard -- ever -- to stay superb in pro football for all of five months. There's no doubt the Patriots were the best team in football for four months, far and away. But you saw over the last five weeks an erosion of their dominance, and as much as the Super Bowl will go down as one of these all-time mega-upsets, how can we really think it's so impossible to believe after watching the Pats and Giants play since late December? I mean, between Week 17 and this morning -- a span of 37 days -- think what we've seen of the Giants and Pats. The Patriots struggled to beat the Giants, and they played nothing like their early-season dominant selves in home playoff wins over the Jags and Chargers. The Giants found themselves offensively in a valiant loss to New England, then went 3-0 on the road against Tampa Bay, Dallas and Green Bay in the NFC playoffs. Can you sincerely say New England was a decidedly better team entering Sunday's Super Bowl? Not if you look at the recent evidence.

Page 5, point #7
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 01:00:53 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2008, 03:44:02 PM »
No worries BandS ,the Giants deserved to be Champs ,they earn it . I just the dissing of the Pats ,get ah little patronising .

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2008, 06:33:48 PM »
No worries BandS ,the Giants deserved to be Champs ,they earn it . I just the dissing of the Pats ,get ah little patronising .

Yeah, they coulda been more gracious winners and lay off the dissing I guess.

No scenes  :beermug:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 12:29:01 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2008, 07:12:12 PM »
Hate them
better .

You making it seem like all the Giants had going for them was 'momentum'...facking momentum doh win yuh football games from game to game...maybe inside of an actual game, but not game to game...that is shit talk.  You must be just start watching NFL.

Belichick...de master genius, had 2 full weeks to prepare for the Giants and what did Team Perfection do for 3 quarters?  They couldn't move the ball against the Giants 'D'.  That is not momentum, that is man on man, hat on hat getting out played, Giants 'D' outplaying the New England offense.  Put simply the battle was won in the trenches...momentum ent had shit to do with nutten.  Give NE an extra 2 wks to prepare and they probably STILL would not be able to buy Brady enough time in the pocket.

The Giants D led the NFL in sacks this season with 53...they've been doing it all season, is not like they snuck up on NE.  The Pats knew exactly what to expect and still they couldn't stop it...so dunno where you getting this bullshit sports radio nonsense about if the Pats play them again they'll beat them.  The Pats got lucky in that game 17 win.  That game turned in a three-minute span...Brady to Moss for the long bomb...then Eli came right back and threw a pick to Hobbs...then Brady came back and hit Gaffney with another touchdown.  Just like that, a 21-point turn around (assuming the Giants would have scored)...and that was the game.  Need I remind you that the final margin of victory in that game was also only 3 points.

What you fail to take note of is that NE's play decreased the further they went into the playoffs, while NY only got better.

Bake 'n Shark congrats to your giants. me being a NE fan I was sorely disappointed and I still can't talk too much of the superbowl without it being painful. the giants defense was dominating especially the pass rush up the middle and coughlin outcoached bellichick. eli played well and the receivers made good catches.

I hope that the Patriots 18 wins up to that point arent overlooked because that in itself is phenomenal. not finishing the task hurts though.  i'm proud of the pats. i know people think that the pats fans are insufferable and all that but the truth is - any team that is close to being a dynasty and has other successful sports teams and has a large fan base will always be annoying.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2008, 12:47:36 AM »
Bake 'n Shark congrats to your giants. me being a NE fan I was sorely disappointed and I still can't talk too much of the superbowl without it being painful. the giants defense was dominating especially the pass rush up the middle and coughlin outcoached bellichick. eli played well and the receivers made good catches.

I hope that the Patriots 18 wins up to that point arent overlooked because that in itself is phenomenal. not finishing the task hurts though.  i'm proud of the pats. i know people think that the pats fans are insufferable and all that but the truth is - any team that is close to being a dynasty and has other successful sports teams and has a large fan base will always be annoying.

Well I appreciate your graciousness in defeat...I know if the shoe was on the other foot it would have been hard for me to show my face in any thread discussing the game, let alone to congratulate this year's Pats.  The 18 wins up until that point will still be talked about in the context of the regular season (or should I say the 16-0 record)...and likely that won't be replicated anytime soon.  I really can't say that I feel bad for the team though...is only so much smarminess ah man coulda take all season long...Brady's 'confidence', coupled with Belichick acting like simple conversation was condescension that the rest ah we should be happy with was particularly annoying.  Happy that Plax was able the last laugh on Brady...he couldn't even put up 17 pts.

But anyways...lataz fuh dat.  As exemplified by yourself and others, not all Pats fans are boors...and again, that never was my stance, if that's how it came off.  On the same Times website I talked about there was a really nice post by fella name William Rivers Pitts here that was really, really special.  For you and fans like him I feel your loss because that was me 7 yrs ago when my Giants got our asses handed to us by the Baltimore Ravens...except I know the pain is greater for you because your team was just supposed to win.

Allyuh have enough silverware fuh now though...so de most consolation yuh'll get from me is ah beer if ever we meet, lol  :beermug:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 12:49:09 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2008, 10:06:10 PM »
Peyton: Eli will be back strong in '08
There's plenty of star power in town for Sunday's game despite 17 players — including such bigwigs as Tom Brady, Brett Favre, Randy Moss and LaDainian Tomlinson — pulling out for various reasons (mostly injuries).

Eli Manning was the best postseason quarterback. But like all but one of his New York Giants teammates (defensive end Osi Umenyiora), Manning was snubbed by Pro Bowl voters when teams were announced in mid-December.

Even the Manning who is playing Sunday finds curious the lack of New York invitees.

"A lot of the Giants should be over here," Colts quarterback Peyton Manning told FOXSports.com. "But that's what they were kind of about this year. They had a great team effort and different individuals stepping up at key moments."

None more so than Eli Manning, whose heady play was key in New York's Super Bowl run. Manning threw six touchdowns and one interception in four playoff games, three of which were on the road. Plus, Manning led the game-winning drive in last Sunday's 17-14 Super Bowl upset of New England.

But at the time of Pro Bowl voting, Manning wasn't even chosen for any of three alternate spots, let alone a first-team selection. The snub was understandable, as his play nosedived around mid-season.

At that time, a New York Daily News story anonymously quoted three general managers saying they didn't have Manning ranked among the NFL's top 11 quarterbacks.

During the regular-season finale against New England, Manning began showing why he was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2004 draft. Manning took better care of the football and seemed less mechanical in his movements.

Heading into the playoffs, Peyton Manning said his brother thought New York's offense would get better thanks to the improving health of wide receivers Plaxico Burress (ankle) and Steve Smith (hamstring).

"I could tell when he talked about Smith how excited he was because he had good timing with him," Peyton Manning said. "Plaxico started practicing, which certainly helps. And I think he and (offensive coordinator Kevin) Gilbride really have a feel for one another and a comfort zone. As a quarterback, all those things are important."

Winning a Super Bowl also allows Eli Manning to further separate himself from his brother's shadow. As Peyton points out, the Mannings "don't talk on the phone about our legacies. But I certainly know how hard it is to do what they did and what it can do for your confidence, especially being a young quarterback in this league.

"Eli will enjoy this, but I know he will be back at work before too long and be a better player next year. I do think you probably do more reflecting when you stop playing."

Eli Manning echoed those sentiments Monday during a Super Bowl MVP news conference when saying, "I've got to become a better quarterback. Toward the end of the season I was playing well, but I've got to do it over a whole season and cut down on my mistakes. I'll try to work on that this off-season."

Peyton Manning, who won his Super Bowl ring the previous season, says he doesn't expect his brother's personality or work ethic to change.

"He always starts with himself when we talk about games," Manning said. "He's very accountable. Those are traits you want in your quarterback.

"As a current player, I think you owe it to the new players and coaches on your team to be the same focused guy living for this year as opposed to still thinking about what happened the year before."

No matter how good memories of the 2007 season are — even without a Pro Bowl trip.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2008, 10:24:01 PM »
I can't really argue too much about Eli not making the Pro Bowl...but I'm surprised that Tuck or Strahan didn't even merit mention.  I have to wonder though about the two GMs who had 11 other QBs ahead of him.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2008, 10:30:35 PM »
I can't really argue too much about Eli not making the Pro Bowl...but I'm surprised that Tuck or Strahan didn't even merit mention.  I have to wonder though about the two GMs who had 11 other QBs ahead of him.
maybe he is de first winnin superbowl QB to miss de pro bowl.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2008, 10:55:27 PM »
maybe he is de first winnin superbowl QB to miss de pro bowl.

Nah I sure they have more....

Juss of de top ah mih head...de last time we win in 1991 (SB XXV), Jeff Hostetler was we QB.  He took over fuh Phil Simms after Simms fracture he foot in game 13 that year.  At the time I remember thinking that we season was going down de chube...but Hoss step in real nice and after we lost that game we win de last three with he as we starter...then win the NFC Championship against Montana and San Francisco...then beat the Bills (the same team against whom Simms got hurt in game 13) in the SuperBowl.

Dat snub is small thing man...it have plenty people finding seasoning tuh eat with dey crow right about now...and next year go have even more.  We young at QB, young at RB, young along both offensive and defensive lines...young in the secondary too.  Only place we have some age is at linebacker and at receiver.  We have ah nice enough mixture at receiver, but both Plax and Toomer probably only have two good years left.  Toomer is 32 and Plax 30.  We have ah nice mixture at TE too...Shockey is de vet, but we have Boss and Matthews, rookie and 1 year experience respectively.

We'll be very competitive for a long time...but Cowboys have similar youth on their team too so we can't take anything for granted in the NFC East just yet.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 11:00:06 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2008, 10:52:51 PM »
lil bro win superbowl,big bro lose pro bowl.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2008, 11:22:15 PM »
Giants replace Wilson with Knight at safetyAssociated Press
Updated: March 3, 2008, 8:23 PM EST 85 comments RSS digg blog email print EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) - Veteran safety Sammy Knight signed a three-year contract with the Super Bowl champion New York Giants on Monday, replacing the departed Gibril Wilson.

Financial terms were not immediately available, but it was believed Knight will get between $5 million and $6 million.

That's a lot less than Wilson, the free safety who left the Giants for a $39 million contract with the Oakland Raiders.

"I think this is a great situation for me," Knight said. "This is a great staff, first and foremost, and a great organization. They won the Super Bowl, and they have a lot of people coming back, so the opportunity to win again was definitely one of the determining factors in me coming here."

A 12-year veteran who will turn 33 in September, Knight led the Jacksonville Jaguars with 93 tackles last season. He also had four interceptions and a forced fumble.

Knight added 20 tackles in the postseason, including 13 in the wild-card victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers.

"I did a great job for Jacksonville and we talked to them, but ultimately, this was a better place for me," Knight said. "I felt like I had a better chance to win here."

His 42 career interceptions are tied with Champ Bailey for third among active players, trailing Darren Sharper (53) and Ty Law (52).

"We're excited to have a veteran of Sammy's caliber joining our secondary," general manager Jerry Reese said. "We were attracted to how smart he plays and how productive and physical he plays. We think he will thrive in our defensive schemes. He brings a lot of leadership to the team, especially to the secondary, and he is a real pro."

Knight has worked with defensive backs coach Pete Giunta during a two-year stint with the Kansas City Chiefs (2005-06) and also played with cornerback Sam Madison during two seasons with the Miami Dolphins (2003-04).

"We feel like with his love of the game and his attitude about the idea of team that he'll be a real nice fit for us," coach Tom Coughlin said. "Sammy gives us another quality veteran who will definitely help our young guys in their development."

Knight has played mostly strong safety in his first 11 seasons in the NFL, the same spot played last year by returning starter James Butler. One will have to move to free safety. Rookie Michael Johnson also played well at safety in his rookie season.

Undrafted out of Southern California, Knight has started 168 of the 174 regular-season games and all five postseason games in which he's appeared. He has played in 156 consecutive regular-season games, the NFL's 14th-longest current streak. He has missed only two games in his career, both in 1998.

His first NFL start was on Sept. 28, 1997 against the Giants in Giants Stadium. He had 11 tackles and an interception in a 14-9 loss.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2008, 06:49:56 PM »
Giants give Coughlin new 4-year, $21M dealAssociated Press
Updated: March 7, 2008, 6:41 PM EST 81 comments add this RSS blog email print EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) - Tom Coughlin was rewarded for the New York Giants' Super Bowl victory, agreeing to a four-year, $21 million contract Friday that will make him one of the NFL's highest-paid coaches.
He will earn about $5.25 million annually, according to a person with knowledge of the deal who spoke on condition of anonymity to The Associated Press because the contract hasn't been signed. The person said the team will announce the deal Saturday. The two sides had the outline of the deal in place for weeks.

The contract represents a $2 million increase over last season and what he was to have earned this year. Seattle's Mike Holmgren is the NFL's top-paid coach at $8 million a year.

Gary O'Hagan, Coughlin's agent, did not return a call. The Giants had no comment.

"I don't think Tom's going to change," veteran punter Jeff Feagles said in a telephone interview. "The monetary value, that falls into line with what other coaches make. And especially with the Giants, you're rewarded for what you do on the field and your dedication, and Tom deserves every bit of it."

Coughlin had been on the verge of being fired after the Giants went 8-8 in 2006 and were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs for the second straight year. Coughlin and the Giants (14-6) both staged remarkable turnarounds, capped by a 17-14 win over the previously unbeaten New England in the Super Bowl in Glendale, Ariz.

Coughlin was an assistant coach on Bill Parcells' staff when the Giants won the Super Bowl in 1991. He left to coach Boston College and eventually took the head job with the expansion Jacksonville Jaguars. Coughlin has a 103-89 record in 12 NFL seasons, including a 35-29 mark in four seasons with New York.

"We know what we'll be getting with Tom, and that makes a difference to a player," said Feagles, who signed a new two-year contract on Feb. 12. "You bring somebody else in, you never know if they're going to change your routine. But we all know how structured Tom is. And now we all know he'll be around for a few more years."

Once an unyielding disciplinarian, Coughlin became a kinder, gentler coach. He still demanded perfection, but he was wise enough to enlist a group of veterans to get his message across.

It helped when the Giants were routed by Dallas and Green Bay in their first two games. The two blowouts had some fans screaming for Coughlin to be fired, and many felt this was going to be a long year for the Giants.

Coughlin went to his leadership council, and told them that there was no other group that he would rather be coaching.

The message got to the players and the Giants went on a six-game winning streak, starting with a victory over the Washington Redskins that was preserved by a late goal-line stand.

New York eventually clinched a playoff berth by rallying to beat Buffalo in the next-to-last week of the year. The last week of the regular-season and the playoffs were magical.

With nothing to play for in the regular-season finale against the Patriots, New York played an inspired game behind Eli Manning and opened a 12-point second-half lead against Tom Brady & Co. before losing 38-35.

The performance gave the Giants confidence going into the playoffs and they rode it. They beat Tampa Bay in the wild-card game, avenged two earlier losses to the NFC East champion Cowboys in the conference semifinal and then got back at Brett Favre and the Packers in overtime on a frigid day in Green Bay, earning their fourth Super Bowl trip.

A 12-point underdog in the title game, the Giants battered Brady and got a late-minute TD pass from Manning to Plaxico Burress to win their third Super Bowl.

1]; } ?>