April 28, 2024, 04:00:50 PM

Author Topic: Why are these guys nonentities  (Read 1972 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Why are these guys nonentities
« on: January 27, 2008, 05:57:03 PM »
I've noticed on many a Saturdays in the trini's in action thread that these guys are made mention of, but when members are picking their warrior teams whom they feel have the ability and skill to rep us, these guys are seldom or never mentioned.

Adrea boucaud, kevaunghn connell , josh johnson, Jason norville , hector sam , Ricky shakes.

members even include players who are local based over these foreign based players, now i don't know any thing about them , my guess is maybe they're not that good to be over looked on the regular, even some shyte snake locals are mentioned in place of these foreign based. what's that about fellas?                             positive.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 06:03:18 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Why are these guys nonentities
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 06:33:57 PM »
The more informed will give you a better answer.

However, I believe Hector is stil finding his stride after the broken leg.

As for Shakes, age may be his setback, as we try to groom younger blood.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 07:17:02 PM »

VB

Hector has not been getting a starting place for League Two side, Notts County. Last game he was not even selected for the squad. He's worked hard on shedding some pounds and getting back into fitness, but can't say why he hasn't been getting a run with that team.

No playing time for club normally equates to being overlooked for selection for the National team
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline jumbonut$

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 07:28:54 PM »

VB

VB Wah u talking bout Shakes age may be a setback.. Big man Shakes is only 22... If that aint young enough to groom into d natioanal team then I aint kno

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 07:50:18 PM »
Josh Johnson get used a few times this season as a sub, and from all accounts he was a mess. He doh seem to be in the manager plans any more as he keep bringing in new players.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 07:47:34 AM »
on a related note, anybody know if there are any punkin-vine Trinbagonians wanting to play for we dis time around, like Me Mum dem? seeing dat qualifications just around de corner yuh would think men would be stepping up now, or maybe dey waiting to see if we qualify or close to qualifying, ah was just wondering.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 08:05:49 AM »
By the way did anyone catch the JAY LLOYD SAMUEL goal the other day?

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 08:35:15 AM »
on a related note, anybody know if there are any punkin-vine Trinbagonians wanting to play for we dis time around, like Me Mum dem? seeing dat qualifications just around de corner yuh would think men would be stepping up now, or maybe dey waiting to see if we qualify or close to qualifying, ah was just wondering.

them men prolly figure it not worth it to tangle with Jack for a measly 500

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 09:51:23 AM »
Its really very simple they come on they play and they don't play well they get put to the back of the line....performance keeps you in the team performance takes you out.....and pressure on the managers of these lower teams fighting relegation limits managers to taking too many chances........................Josh have pace to burn but physicality limits his games and them leagues is rough for a small man unless your touch on........Spann struggles against physical play as well cuz he is weak.........Birchy I feel in the right team can make a difference  based on what you looking for to me his restriction is he is a lil slow and his touch can improve a bit....to me shakes is average alot of english black players have pace but the game ain't all about pace to me he isnt the smartest player...Hector is past it i feel he's been here as long as Carlos and them fellas and compared to the rest of them his growth hasn't been significant.......so its fair to say he's reached his pinnacle when you get older your motivation to play is what drives you to work harder to keep up with the pace s where he goes from here depends not on the training he does but the extra training he does because remember everyone is training.......Andre Ill be honest I think he is average he stood out in our team because of how average our midfield was at that time to me he is a very lateral player and you can put anyone to make lateral plays lateral play spreads the field forward play creates the opportunities for our strikers to get the ball.......so if that is his strength then if he isn't a goalscoring midfielder or the winger type his effectiveness is limited. I don't know kevaugn cant really say anything about him. Norville's injuries is because he isn't fit and until he is allowed t get fit I can't assess him to me he too is average as well to be honest.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 11:10:49 AM »

VB

Age ? shakes born in 1985
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 06:59:56 AM »

VB

Age ? shakes born in 1985

Sorry, I was thinking of Ian Cox.

What he have to do with Shakes. I eh know  ;D :-[

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

1]; } ?>