March 29, 2024, 09:29:17 AM

Author Topic: D SW.NET Carnival sweat report  (Read 4239 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
D SW.NET Carnival sweat report
« on: January 27, 2008, 07:51:20 PM »
Forumites,

Thank you to the 25 or so posters who managed to come out to the sweat and a good time was had by all.
It was very nice to finally put a face to some of the forum names to which I have conversed with over the years.

Thank you Big Mag for organising this activity and thanks to Partners for the Fish Broth after the sweat.

I would like to apologise if I did not get your name or put you in this report, but it is difficult to remember all the details when you are an active participant rather than a casual observer.

I had to pick up injunchile at the airport and I arrived a tad late around 5:00pm.

The sweat at that time was 5 v 5 and it was Reds vs the Whites in the patch of grass near St Clair medical.

Morvantman and Shotta also pulled up at the same time and Morvant and myself went on opposing teams. Morvant has put on quite a bit of weight since I last saw him and this hindered his jumping ability on the field. However, he has not lost his ball handling and scoring ability and was top scorer and voted MVP of the proceedings. Shotta did not sweat but opted to coast in his white hat and white Jordans on the side of the field. His excuse being that he and Morvant were out whole day.

I proceeded to follow the rules of sweat ettiquette and walked on to see the White team members Pass Dah Beats thread a Ball to Midknight who contrived to miss from 2 yards out. Patriot being the Red team stalwart between the posts.  My fellow red teammates were Big and Small Magician. SpideyBuff, Patriot, and Jah Goal who I met formally for the first time.

Our opponents in white were Pass Dah Beats, Morvant, Dwn, Jai John, Midknight and a red Rasta fella.

When I enquired about the scoreline Reds were down 3-0 and Morvant quickly slotted in another before, Spidey or Small Mag pulled something back. At this point it was around 5:15 - 5:30 and the regular "sweaters" of King George V park asked for the use of their playing field. So we stopped, moved the goal posts, some of us took some refreshment in the interim and the sweat started over at 0-0.

Action was fast and furious and Reds were down 3-0. It was very unfortunate and our big defender Patriot pulled his hamstring which did not help the Red cause. I was also feeling sorry for him as he was to attend AC 3 +3 later that night and carnival is a week away.....Hope you recover in time Patriot.

It was an even contest, however the red team did not have the finishing touch and we squandered many opportunities. The white team however was clinical in front of the post and Morvant was in his element (bare feet and all). They had an excellent knock Marshalled by DWN, who was calm and composed on the Ball. Jai John was playing some neat 1-2 with Pass dah beat and Midknight was the sweeper in the back. The redman rasta also was very handy and was involved in the play.

The Red team was Jah Goal in the back, who did an excellent job with no support. Spidey was running the flank, Big M in the middle, Patriot overlapping, Small M upfront and I was just running trying to get down my belley in time for next week. Parders arrived and took a 15-20 minute chook in the back and Shotta, Swima, Injunchile, Dumpalewie, Girl Warrior and two others were observing the proceedings.

Morvant was having a good game and trying to run the show. However there was one play in particular when we saw his true athletic ability. A lofted cross came in...great ball...ad Morvant leapt about 3 feet off the ground to keep it in play, had he been an inch taller, he may have actually connected with the ball, but credit must go to his jumping effort.

Red were a bit demoralised but we managed to score to make it 3-1 and then we got the momentum going. Whites were lacking in fitness and we attempted to catch them on the break. After Patriot pulled up... Jah goal moved into the striker position to partner Small Mag
and hit Midknight a neat spanner resting him on his haunches however after all the hard work he placed his shot wide.

Whites started to control the game again...Jai john, Morvant  and Dwn were giving real trouble and I say lemme try a ting.

Alyuh ask Morvant what he collect quiet, quiet on the left hand side.  :devil:  :rotfl:

After that, I cracked his mental and he then attempted to exact vengance, however it was not to be. Poor fella start to play last and collect some goal in he skin, he running up to strike and Jai John made the comment that Morvant would either Win it for them or Lose it for them.

Small Mag, Jah Goal, Spidey and Big M start to click and we start to rest goal on them. Midknight was left to the slaughter and we obliged.

Finally Reds went ahead for the first time at 7-6 and I say yes we go do it. All the time before Whites were bawling for light and they were bun.

But alas and alack Morvant saved the day and squeezed in the ball at an acute angle to win the game for Whites at 8-7.

Now I find we could have gone first to 10. But the fitness level of the forumites was not there and really and truly we were anticipating Pardners broth on the sidelines so we called off the sweat.

After that it was meet and greet time and it was a nice moment with everyone sharing the broth, taking some drinks, talking and just having a good time.

Pardners the broth Lash as usual. Thanks!

Well folks that was it...we ent see Palos as he get tie up in a Pan Session, I was hoping to see a few more faces but so it go.

Till Ash Wed.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 07:53:31 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: D SW.NET Carnival sweat report
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 07:54:16 PM »
As usual boss reporter!!!!!
pics to follow?

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 07:57:45 PM »
ALberta sorry  bout that...everybody was sweating and nobody had a camera.

We have to hire a professional pictahartakerouter next time.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 08:07:13 PM »
Thanks Touches so where we hangin in d oval?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 08:08:21 PM »
It eh even had some gyuls  hanging out  dey to take pics? allyuh men slacking. :D :D :D :devil: :devil: :devil:

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 08:19:53 PM »
thanks Touches.....and to all that came to the "Blacklist Sweat" 2008....ah still sore

and allyuh...Jai John came in a Riquelme T-Shirt
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 08:36:30 PM »
imagine I turn up in ah Riquelme shirt and big mag asking who I is ? ...the words only just leave he mouth when he say ...you had to be Jai john right ? :devil:
 Touches reach late so dat was a second half report...ah go wait for Big Mag report ...
Morvant pull ah Eddie Murphy on we ...best and worst player in the same game  :rotfl:

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 08:43:16 PM »
DSN was clearly in a different league to everyone else .... I know ah couldn'ta loss once I was on his team . Dat boy could play on any of de top league teams in T&T. De man have de touch ..ball does just roll off he foot ...de same ting does happen to morvant  but dais when he trying to take down  :rotfl:
Big mag put on a Latapy performance for de whole game .... Touches ......Morvanmt only play partway ... I giving DSN the best player but for me Big Mag was de MVP. De first game was 6-1 with whites winning and big mag was able to get his team within 2 goals in the second game ....

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 08:54:48 PM »
Morvant talk whole game.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 10:04:26 PM »
Good stuff...Good Stuff, morvant a hero and villain.... what more could ask from a bredda...

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 04:41:25 AM »
I surprise nobody ask.....did morvant buss he famous spanner?...

i almost dead when i read dis:

'Morvant was having a good game and trying to run the show. However there was one play in particular when we saw his true athletic ability. A lofted cross came in...great ball...ad Morvant leapt about 3 feet off the ground to keep it in play, had he been an inch taller, he may have actually connected with the ball, but credit must go to his jumping effort.'

:rotfl:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 04:58:25 AM »

'Morvant was having a good game and trying to run the show. However there was one play in particular when we saw his true athletic ability. A lofted cross came in...great ball...ad Morvant leapt about 3 feet off the ground to keep it in play, had he been an inch taller, he may have actually connected with the ball, but credit must go to his jumping effort.'

He give one or two spanner.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 05:02:48 AM »
Awww man ah miss out....eh even sure bout Ash Wednesday either, work commitments.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 05:28:46 AM »
DSN was clearly in a different league to everyone else .... I know ah couldn'ta loss once I was on his team . Dat boy could play on any of de top league teams in T&T. De man have de touch ..ball does just roll off he foot ...de same ting does happen to morvant  but dais when he trying to take down  :rotfl:
Big mag put on a Latapy performance for de whole game .... Touches ......Morvanmt only play partway ... I giving DSN the best player but for me Big Mag was de MVP. De first game was 6-1 with whites winning and big mag was able to get his team within 2 goals in the second game ....

thanks for the props :beermug:

... thats a big up from riquelme there u kno !!  ;D

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 06:58:34 AM »
Nice report Touches.

Glad to hear that th eturnout was decent. I haven't been home for Carnival for about 7 years but hopefully I could be there for the next one.

Too bad allyuh don't organize sweat for Christmas.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 07:38:24 AM »

Doh mind he callin' yuh DSN...Like S & W interchangeable in Argentina  ;D ....  :beermug:
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 08:56:15 AM »

Doh mind he callin' yuh DSN...Like S & W interchangeable in Argentina  ;D ....  :beermug:

ha ha ha ...maybe ah eh recover yet ...all dem fellas with the exception of Big mag could be my sons !!!!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2008, 09:01:44 AM »
jai...small mag cant be your son either....lol

yea morvant spanner real get worse....more like a crescent wrench.....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2008, 10:08:35 AM »
I find Morvant quiet

Then again I think he in he second or third trimester.  :rotfl:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2008, 10:20:53 AM »
i wish i was around for this sweat... sound like a good time was had by all...

ahh well maybe next time..

anybody purge?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2008, 10:23:29 AM »
Good entertaining report as usualTouches
a good time was had by All.

wa appen? Morvant push he self too hard or wha
how he ent even saying boo on here to day
ah feel he still lookin for TRINIMITCH   ;D
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 10:35:59 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2008, 12:30:00 PM »
hull allyuh tail
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2008, 04:51:17 PM »

I saw that. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Men actually get vex with him for not being taller.
TnT Patriot

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2008, 08:32:37 AM »
LOL but allyuh aint say a man had on a full manu kit and real shank up the number 10 on he back so much he fadda nearly cuss

oh and big up to big mag boy that man play the better part of the game drinkin a carib and smokin a ciggarette

and me and morvant was really out whole day so we didnt walk wit sweat clothes and i wasnt sweatin in a jordan no matter how much a SHOTTA i is
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2008, 09:16:13 AM »

That was ah Pasdah Beatz crosss one of many Morvant squandered but he did score some of my brillant passes

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
Midknight madness
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2008, 09:42:17 AM »
de highlight of my game was de spanner Jahgol hit midnight. I was a step off so I could hve tackled Jah but with da spanner he hit midnight i had tuh laugh. Dat whole play stop for me. Let me tell you what that spanner resembled. Remember de early Ronaldino spanner quick and used tuh have men tripping all over dey self cuz dey legs get tie up.. same ting happen tuh midknight. fuh ah dude packing ah belly like me dat was very brisk on Jah's part...
Or who remember when Midknight fall over infront of ah empty goal.... oh my word

thank God Morvant come cuz de throw goals away award would ah belong to me

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2008, 02:26:10 PM »
Aye fellas, sorry for bringing back the topic after two days, but I now get a chance to logon.

Anyway the sweat was real nice, and ah was glad to meet with some of the forumites that I didn't know before.

Thanks for the compliments on the broth.  Next time I have to cater for the travelling time and sweat time so the broth doh keep cooking on the way to the sweat.  Is after we make the first stir on the pot ah realise like the some fish and some provision done start to melt away  ;D
The VW trunk does keep in the heat in that pot oui.

Any chance of having a similiar sweat sometime after the game on Ash Wednesday...it should have a lot of the foreign contingent still around.  If not the Saturday, maybe the Thursday evening (or ahhmmm the Friday evening  ::) )   I good for a case of beers or a bottle of scotch whatever.

Shotta, ah find yuh look different from the first two sweats boy....Morvant and all put on some weight dey too, but still skillful.

Weary, BSugar, you all were missed....doh let that happen again eh  ;D

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2008, 02:33:21 PM »
Aye fellas, sorry for bringing back the topic after two days, but I now get a chance to logon.

Anyway the sweat was real nice, and ah was glad to meet with some of the forumites that I didn't know before.

Thanks for the compliments on the broth.  Next time I have to cater for the travelling time and sweat time so the broth doh keep cooking on the way to the sweat.  Is after we make the first stir on the pot ah realise like the some fish and some provision done start to melt away  ;D
The VW trunk does keep in the heat in that pot oui.

Any chance of having a similiar sweat sometime after the game on Ash Wednesday...it should have a lot of the foreign contingent still around.  If not the Saturday, maybe the Thursday evening (or ahhmmm the Friday evening  ::) )   I good for a case of beers or a bottle of scotch whatever.

Shotta, ah find yuh look different from the first two sweats boy....Morvant and all put on some weight dey too, but still skillful.

Weary, BSugar, you all were missed....doh let that happen again eh  ;D

Ah sorry, ah sorry....next time....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2008, 02:39:01 PM »
All is forgiven  ;)
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2008, 03:19:34 PM »
I humbly apologize I go b dey
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>