March 28, 2024, 11:28:36 AM

Author Topic: Jerrel Britto Thread  (Read 45753 times)

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jerrel Britto Thread
« Reply #180 on: October 19, 2018, 05:19:02 AM »
WATCH: After after some good work by Rundell Winchester, Jerrel Britto scores his second goal of the season in Platense FC's 3-2 loss to Honduras Progreso.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aJPTQg5T6a4?start=243" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aJPTQg5T6a4?start=243</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 19, 2018, 06:32:05 AM »
WATCH: Jerrel Britto shows great awareness and technique as he collects the ball with his left foot, turns, and shoots with his right foot to score a goal in Platense FC's 2-0 win over Yoro FC in the Copa Presidente Semifinals

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aWB_Za5v1j8?start=60" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aWB_Za5v1j8?start=60</a>

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 19, 2018, 06:08:39 PM »
How old Britto is now?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 19, 2018, 06:40:46 PM »

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 24, 2018, 08:35:40 AM »
He should be in the mix then. We have no striker. Shahdon Winchester is the only one who seems capable of scoring since Hart days to now, aside from the blip Boatswain made

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 24, 2018, 10:25:08 AM »
He should be in the mix then. We have no striker. Shahdon Winchester is the only one who seems capable of scoring since Hart days to now, aside from the blip Boatswain made

Since Hart got sacked, these are the players who have scored:

Forwards (10):
Shahdon Winchester (5). Includes a hat-trick against Haiti in the Caribbean Cup under Saintfiet.
Jamille Boatswain (3). Includes a brace against Barbados in Lawrence's first game in charge.
Cornell Glen (1)
Hashim Arcia (1)

Midfielders (10):
Kevin Molino (3)
Joevin Jones (2)
Nathan Lewis (2)
Ataulla Guerra (1)
Tyrone Charles (1)
Aikim Andrews (1)

Defenders (4):
Carlyle Mitchell (2)
Alvin Jones (1)
Kevon Villaroel (1)

If you only look at goals scored strictly during Lawrence's tenure thus far, the numbers look like:

Forwards (5):
Shahdon Winchester (2)
Jamille Boatswain (3). Includes a brace against Barbados.

Midfielders ( 8 ):
Kevin Molino (3)
Joevin Jones (2)
Nathan Lewis (2)
Ataulla Guerra (1)

Defenders (3):
Carlyle Mitchell (1)
Alvin Jones (1)
Kevon Villaroel (1)

So anyway you look at it, the midfield is doing the bulk of the scoring, especially under Lawrence.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 24, 2018, 06:45:22 PM »
WATCH: After after some good work by Rundell Winchester, Jerrel Britto scores his second goal of the season in Platense FC's 3-2 loss to Honduras Progreso.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aJPTQg5T6a4?start=243" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aJPTQg5T6a4?start=243</a>

I find the #7 was the man who do all the work. had to look him up. nice resume. wish more of our players had them kinda experiences.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 24, 2018, 09:01:48 PM »

Ignoring the point blank range opportunity gifted versus Progreso?

I'm not seeing anything clinical or surgical to merit that call.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 24, 2018, 09:06:51 PM »

Since Hart got sacked, these are the players who have scored:

Forwards (10):
Shahdon Winchester (5). Includes a hat-trick against Haiti in the Caribbean Cup under Saintfiet.
Jamille Boatswain (3). Includes a brace against Barbados in Lawrence's first game in charge.
Cornell Glen (1)
Hashim Arcia (1)

Midfielders (10):
Kevin Molino (3)
Joevin Jones (2)
Nathan Lewis (2)
Ataulla Guerra (1)
Tyrone Charles (1)
Aikim Andrews (1)

Defenders (4):
Carlyle Mitchell (2)
Alvin Jones (1)
Kevon Villaroel (1)

If you only look at goals scored strictly during Lawrence's tenure thus far, the numbers look like:

Forwards (5):
Shahdon Winchester (2)
Jamille Boatswain (3). Includes a brace against Barbados.

Midfielders ( 8 ):
Kevin Molino (3)
Joevin Jones (2)
Nathan Lewis (2)
Ataulla Guerra (1)

Defenders (3):
Carlyle Mitchell (1)
Alvin Jones (1)
Kevon Villaroel (1)

So anyway you look at it, the midfield is doing the bulk of the scoring, especially under Lawrence.

It would be useful to know where the MFs are scoring from.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 09:10:02 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 25, 2018, 05:23:29 AM »

In comparison to the other strikers, he seems to me the only one CAPABLE of scoring. So from that point of view, you have to look at how many point blank opportunities the others even had to throw away? From a non statistical stand point, I am pretty sure the answer would be less, because they have not even been able ti find themselves in a position to throw away, far less score.

Regarding where the midfielders scoring from, all Molino and Joevin goals were pretty much created by themselves or by each other from just outside the box between the 16 to 20 yrd area

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 25, 2018, 07:45:34 AM »

Shows that when the forwards don't score, they are also not directly involved in the goals either.

United Arab Emirates (2018-09-06)
Ataulla Guerra (collected the ball just inside the penalty area from a pass by by Nathan Lewis)
Nathan Lewis (side-footed in from 6 yards out; Joevin Jones provided the cross)

Guadeloupe (2018-03-23)
Joevin Jones (scored from 6 yards out on a rebound from a shot by Nathan Lewis)

Grenada (2017-11-11)
Kevin Molino (shot from inside the penalty area, assisted by Curtis Gonzalez)

Honduras (2017-09-01)
Joevin Jones (penalty after a foul on Khaleem Hyland)

Costa Rica (2017-06-13)
Kevin Molino (a shot from just outside the penalty area; assisted by Joevin Jones)

Grenada (2017-04-29)
Nathan Lewis (from 6 yards out, assisted by Jomal Williams)

Panama (2017-03-24)
Kevin Molino (from outside the area)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 07:49:25 AM by Tallman »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 25, 2018, 07:50:13 AM »

In comparison to the other strikers, he seems to me the only one CAPABLE of scoring. So from that point of view, you have to look at how many point blank opportunities the others even had to throw away? From a non statistical stand point, I am pretty sure the answer would be less, because they have not even been able ti find themselves in a position to throw away, far less score.

Regarding where the midfielders scoring from, all Molino and Joevin goals were pretty much created by themselves or by each other from just outside the box between the 16 to 20 yrd area

Dis eh hard at all.  All yuh hadda do to test your assertion(s) is peruse de Gols Galore Trinbago Style section of the forum. At least to begin with ...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 25, 2018, 07:56:42 AM »

Shows that when the forwards don't score, they are also not directly involved in the goals either.

United Arab Emirates (2018-09-06)
Ataulla Guerra (collected the ball just inside the penalty area from a pass by by Nathan Lewis)
Nathan Lewis (side-footed in from 6 yards out; Joevin Jones provided the cross)

Guadeloupe (2018-03-23)
Joevin Jones (scored from 6 yards out on a rebound from a shot by Nathan Lewis)

Grenada (2017-11-11)
Kevin Molino (shot from inside the penalty area, assisted by Curtis Gonzalez)

Honduras (2017-09-01)
Joevin Jones (penalty after a foul on Khaleem Hyland)

Costa Rica (2017-06-13)
Kevin Molino (a shot from just outside the penalty area; assisted by Joevin Jones)

Grenada (2017-04-29)
Nathan Lewis (from 6 yards out, assisted by Jomal Williams)

Panama (2017-03-24)
Kevin Molino (from outside the area)

Thank you. Excellent.

That "picture" tells a story that I'm sure the scientific minds at the TTFA had already deduced.  ::)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 26, 2018, 12:06:35 PM »

Dis eh hard at all.  All yuh hadda do to test your assertion(s) is peruse de Gols Galore Trinbago Style section of the forum. At least to begin with ...

Only cause is Friday and I have some time on my hands...explain to me exactly how the Goals Galore section showing me who not getting into a position to score, to begin with?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 26, 2018, 01:05:37 PM »

Only cause is Friday and I have some time on my hands...explain to me exactly how the Goals Galore section showing me who not getting into a position to score, to begin with?

You already wasted precious time,  so doh frighten to start now.

Generally,  there is a high level of certainty that any forward who isn't scoring isn't being considered for selection.  However, if a F is not scoring per se, then the F could merit selection because he is (1 ) bringing others onto the score sheet directly through providing service to them , (2) indirectly  providing/enhancing the tactical conditions for other players to consistently buss de net or (3) the number of Fs being deployed and the relationship that can be cultivated between them (somewhat related to (1) but not necessarily so. In the history of football, although (1), (2) and (3 )have been known to happen, consideration of the intangibles that are delivered by those players who are not scoring does not ignore their history of scoring.

So that ties into questions involving the relationship between Fs and MFs and other players who incorporate into an attack (say lateral defenders) and maintain attacking options in possession.

The Gols Galore section shows who is scoring and omits who isn't scoring. Not everyone "capable" of scoring will be selected (ask Ricardo John). And clearly from the evidence in the Gols Galore section,  Winchester is not the only one "capable of scoring" in the current era. Further,  it's not like Tallman is being overworked with goal production at club level, so we have more penetrating issues than a F taking up opportunistic positioning on potential goal-scoring chances created by others and then squandering his chances (Britto). I'm  happy that Britto can be paid to play football for a living.  However, I've not seen enough from him that rises to the level of NT selection, even coming off de bench. And I'm not depending on highlights to form this opinion.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 01:12:51 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: October 26, 2018, 05:09:47 PM »
Right...so going back to the point of the thread. I claim that I find none of our strikers look like they capable of scoring so Britto at 26 probably should be in the mix cause nobody, since even during Stephen Hart tenure, has done anything. With Winchester, to me, being the only one who has been tried who even look like he capable of finding the net.

One would expect a reasonable disagreement to that opinion should be: A) I find that nobody, including Winchester, capable or B) I believe that "X Player "is capable.

But... after asking for Tallman to research stats, viewing Goals Galore, trying to talk tactics...you just wanted to say that Britto shouldn't be included cause he miss a sitter, so we should just stick with the ones we have who currently not scoring?

That was the destination you were trying to get to on your long winding journey ?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 26, 2018, 07:08:40 PM »
No explicit reason to comment on Winchester because you were not advocating for him - although your sentence structure initially did bear a measure of ambiguity as to the object of your comments.

Nevertheless, I have no issue with Winchester's present inclusion.  In the past,  however,  I have felt that his presence was gratuitous and perhaps premature. Yet,  in the same breath I was an advocate of his progress. He has what some coaches refer to as a "nose for goals".

If your stubborn takeaway is that the conclusion formed regarding Britto is based on that one missed opportunity, so be it ... but I addressed that previously. More explicitly, Britto's concentration and application under pressure needs to be elevated and be more versatile in his deliverables. To impress Stern,  he will have to do a lot more than being 26.

I studiously stayed away from suggestions because we could plunge into an abyss doing that.  But,  you seem to be fairly honesty engaged with this.

To put where I see Britto in context,  I would give Lester Peltier a recall and place him centrally before I call Britto.
And  I say that as a depth chart comment, not as a first-order solution. Yet,  LP is more versatile,  has the same olfactory instincts as Winchester and can do very interesting things when motivated and made to feel wanted/special. And his recent club move arguably earns him consideration.

Multiple topics are being discussed at the same time.  The thread has been hijacked.  It moved past JB several posts ago.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 07:21:13 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 09, 2018, 03:23:24 AM »
spidey, any thoughts on the Iran squad?

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 09, 2018, 05:44:19 PM »

We need a striker badly. Hopefully young Lee could make an impact. Like I said, nobody doing the job or even looking the part so Lawrence needs to widen the search, which he has done.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 09, 2018, 11:22:06 PM »

We need a striker badly. Hopefully young Lee could make an impact. Like I said, nobody doing the job or even looking the part so Lawrence needs to widen the search, which he has done.

To pick Lee ..  we in bad shape ........... no eligible striker with Trinidadian roots
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 10, 2018, 08:55:35 AM »

To pick Lee ..  we in bad shape ........... no eligible striker with Trinidadian roots
Bradley Wright-Phillips is eligible, getting up there in age but who do we have. Hallam hope was eligible but made his debut recently for Barbados

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 10, 2018, 09:40:58 AM »

Bradley Wright-Phillips is eligible, getting up there in age but who do we have. Hallam hope was eligible but made his debut recently for Barbados

Lee never player at the top level in the Trinidad I guess DL has no confidence in the current crop ……
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 12, 2018, 12:01:38 PM »

Lee never player at the top level in the Trinidad I guess DL has no confidence in the current crop ……

Who it have left locally that didnt get a try? Nobody even ripping up the pro league scoring charts

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 12, 2018, 08:30:03 PM »

Who it have left locally that didnt get a try? Nobody even ripping up the pro league scoring charts

De girl wid did score all dem goals in de women's qualifiers recently . . . whe she name  arrhm . . . Kayla Taylor
Tell Lawrence check she out. She is a real talent. De fellas eh seem able  ;D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 08:34:46 PM by Cocorite »
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 07, 2018, 03:05:41 PM »

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 14, 2019, 09:53:15 PM »
WATCH: Jerrel Britto's brilliant individual effort yields a consolation goal for CD Honduras Progreso during their 4-1 loss to CD Marathón

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bfKw0P4qg9o?start=360" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bfKw0P4qg9o?start=360</a>

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 19, 2019, 12:01:38 PM »
WATCH: Jerrel Britto's 90th minute header gives CD Honduras Progreso a 1-0 win over Platense FC.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/08vB7Rg7XcE?start=163" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/08vB7Rg7XcE?start=163</a>

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 22, 2019, 06:36:39 PM »
WATCH: Jerrel Britto scores with a glancing header in CD Honduras Progreso's 3-2 loss to CDS Vida

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cCtm226bCdk?start=25" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cCtm226bCdk?start=25</a>

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #209 on: September 22, 2019, 07:51:41 PM »
Why is he never called up, given our paucity of strikers.

Real question. Dunno if he maybe burn a bridge like Keon.

1]; } ?>