March 28, 2024, 06:35:17 AM

Author Topic: Jerrel Britto Thread  (Read 45749 times)

Offline handsanointed

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jerrel Britto
« Reply #120 on: August 09, 2008, 08:45:19 AM »
Just keep looking on. Jerrel Britto is destined for great things. To everything there is a time and a season. Others had theirs and he will have his.  ;)
Thanks for all the comments. I always share them with him.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 09, 2008, 11:16:38 AM »
Is there any video footage on the young man??
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 09, 2008, 11:37:01 AM »
Is there any video footage on the young man??

look here jab under 15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8rw9HTlkgs
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 09, 2008, 12:58:48 PM »
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 09, 2008, 06:57:11 PM »
TTFF and Mos Compromise on HCS

The few seconds of silence are due to TV6 editing. There are also highlights of U17s.

ah just watch the highlights above...

Allyuh eh check out de 1 touch belt the jamaican defender get for Britto 2nd goal??    :o

de way jah gol describe the goal in the match report eh make it sound like nutten special but that was ah booooorse goal!!

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 10, 2008, 12:42:41 AM »

The few seconds of silence are due to TV6 editing. There are also highlights of U17s.

Allyuh eh check out de 1 touch belt the jamaican defender get for Britto 2nd goal??    :o

de way jah gol describe the goal in the match report eh make it sound like nutten special but that was ah booooorse goal!!

yea good goal. but did i hear right he was a come on sub.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2008, 07:57:34 AM »

He was subbed off in Extra time .

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 10, 2008, 11:41:11 AM »

He was subbed off in Extra time .

Thanks. I want to know how dey go keep talent on the bench and not in the starting lineup.  Barcelona scouts should look at him.  He seems like their type of midfielders.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2010, 09:43:43 AM »
whats the latest on this youth have not seen him in jabloteh line ups
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jerrel Britto urges: “Just Follow Your Dream”
« Reply #129 on: May 14, 2012, 04:34:28 AM »
Jerrel Britto urges: “Just Follow Your Dream”
By Stephanie Seenath (T&T Guardian)

“Just follow your dream and you will be successful in whatever you desire to do.” This was the advice that came from National Under-23 footballer, Jerrel Britto, in an exclusive interview with gieMAGAZINE.

Britto disclosed, “When I was nine I told my mother I would like to play international football and I worked towards that (and I continue to work).

Never stop believing in your dream and though you may meet challenges along the way, it’s just a stepping stone to getting to your dream and getting you stronger!” Britto, an example of a true sportsman, embodies all those values and characteristics that make him strong, competitive and admirable.

His diligent, committed and determined nature, coupled with his humble and modest attitude ensures his present and continued success.

The national striker started playing the beautiful game from the tender age of nine at a coaching school by the name of Family Soccer Coaching Academy. He then moved to San Juan Jabloteh where he played in the North Zone League.

After some time, he played for the senior team of that club which allowed him to show off his skill and talent in the Pro League and the CONCACAF Champions League. With regard to the National team, he has played for Under-15s right up to the Olympic team. Presently, he is with W Connection and the Under-23s.

Britto disclosed to gieMAGAZINE that he possesses ultimate respect and admiration for his mother who pushed him since he started in the sport.

He affirmed, “Honestly, without my mother I would not be where I am today. She pushes me and shows her support in every way possible. Snow, rain, sun, hail, she would be there for me. She is my number one fan!”

The striker then acknowledged how tough it can be for young athletes who train consistently and also attend school. “I remember my days at Queen’s Royal College (QRC) playing in the Secondary Schools’ Football League and also representing Trinidad and Tobago,” he smiled.

However, Britto insisted that one must keep focus on the job at hand and the goals that one wants to achieve. He praised the Secondary Schools’ Football League as the league launched his football career.

Britto was spotted playing for QRC and that led to him playing with the National Under-17 team which went to the World Cup.

It’s a league where a young player can be drafted anywhere. There are clubs offering scholarships and there are a lot of players who have moved onto colleges outside of Trinidad and Tobago just from playing in the school league.

One of the greatest challenges Britto has faced so far is dealing with the critics. He related that people can make you and break you, but he disclosed that he has decided to use those critics as inspiration and encouragement to work harder.

He stated, “Once I keep my head on and focus on what I want to achieve in this life, I could see myself in countries I’ve never expected.”

The best of luck to Jerrel Britto. Make us proud!

« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 04:36:15 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jerrel Britto urges: “Just Follow Your Dream”
« Reply #130 on: May 14, 2012, 06:54:26 AM »
Congrats handsanointed...What happened with the Turkey trials anyway  ?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jerel Britto
« Reply #131 on: May 31, 2013, 09:12:30 AM »
Where is Jerel Britto?this player was supposed to be our next big name,i remember his Mom used to post on here,is he still playing?what went on with his over seas trial?is he on any scholarship or foreign contract?the website had a lot of hopes for him.
Could someone update me on what going on with Rupee,what's his status concerning Football?

Offline Trinidad Sports Reality

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Any update on Jerrel Britto trials?
« Reply #132 on: May 31, 2013, 09:58:40 AM »
Britto was on the bench for the whole game in the Pro Bowl Finals for Connection vs NE

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 28, 2015, 05:55:58 AM »
Jerrel Britto scored on his debut for Deportivo Malacateco, in a pre-season friendly against Deportivo Coatepeque.
http://www.lared.com.gt/pages/noticia/14233

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 28, 2015, 06:03:58 AM »
Well done Brittos! Dat must feel good. Real good.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 28, 2015, 09:13:34 AM »
Another Trini in Guatemala? Nice!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 28, 2015, 10:07:30 AM »
Moms must be well happy...think her msb handle was hands anointed or sumting so

Do yuh ting Jerrel!  Congrats!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 28, 2015, 10:58:30 AM »

What's the real advantage here for our boys? Is their league considered higher than the Pro League? Is it that they will be playing against Central American opponents? Is the monies better. I imagine at least more people attend the games.

Of course I wish him the very best
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 28, 2015, 11:05:20 AM »

What's the real advantage here for our boys? Is their league considered higher than the Pro League? Is it that they will be playing against Central American opponents? Is the monies better. I imagine at least more people attend the games.

It could be a combination of factors which led to his decision, but I would welcome this move because it will get him out of the comfort zone of playing at home.
Playing in a foreign country with no notoriety, overcoming the language barrier and customs builds character.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #139 on: July 28, 2015, 11:07:50 AM »

It could be a combination of factors which led to his decision, but I would welcome this move because it will get him out of the comfort zone of playing at home.
Playing in a foreign country with no notoriety, overcoming the language barrier and customs builds character.

Good points

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 28, 2015, 09:38:56 PM »
Yes, the Guatemala league is considered higher than TT Pro league. Are there teams paying USD$8,000-$10,000/month in Trinidad? That's what Communicaciones and Municipal pay some of their players. There are a number of Panama national team players playing in Guatemala and that kind of money is attracting even Costa Rican players from Saprissa and decent South American players from Argentina, Uruguay and Colombia.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 28, 2015, 10:16:45 PM »
Good! Thanks
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 13, 2015, 10:39:29 AM »
WATCH Jerrel Britto score his first goal for Deportivo Malacateco in a 1-1 draw with Deportivo Petapa.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/umi928GcICk?start=9" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/umi928GcICk?start=9</a>

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 13, 2015, 10:42:31 AM »
Sick news. Real sick ...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 06, 2015, 12:10:06 PM »
Jerrel Britto released by Deportivo Malacateco after three months. The club was said to be disappointed with his performance. During his time there, he made 10 appearances (nine as a starter) and scored two goals.
http://guatefutbol.com/liga-nacional/malacateco/18430-malacateco-despidio-a-seis-jugadores

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 06, 2015, 12:15:50 PM »
Jerrel Britto released by Deportivo Malacateco after three months. The club was said to be disappointed with his performance. During his time there, he made 10 appearances (nine as a starter) and scored two goals.
http://guatefutbol.com/liga-nacional/malacateco/18430-malacateco-despidio-a-seis-jugadores

Tough. Dust yuhself off, learn from your experience and go harder Britto.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 06, 2015, 02:29:39 PM »
2 goals eh dah bad for ah young man who just reach. Dey must have been desperate for a miracle maker or saviour. Glad you still went but now laterz for dem. Use the experience Jerrel to just plan more of your next go-international strategy. Big up.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 06, 2015, 04:04:34 PM »
Could be another opportunity in Guatemala.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 06, 2015, 04:13:40 PM »
2 goals eh dah bad for ah young man who just reach. Dey must have been desperate for a miracle maker or saviour. Glad you still went but now laterz for dem. Use the experience Jerrel to just plan more of your next go-international strategy. Big up.

How many chances on goal did he have ... of which those 2 goals were the yield?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 02, 2015, 04:22:15 PM »
Former W-Connection forward, Jerrel Britto, has accepted a contract to play in the Segunda División de México with Murciélagos FC II. His visa is currently being processed.

1]; } ?>