March 28, 2024, 04:28:37 PM

Author Topic: These Yahoo Matchcast People on Real Kicks Yes  (Read 1447 times)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
These Yahoo Matchcast People on Real Kicks Yes
« on: January 29, 2008, 03:32:36 PM »
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/premier-league/2007-2008/sunderland-birmingham-195812.html

sample comments:

71'
Nicklas Bendtner replaces a rather quiet Eduardo and will team up with his old pal Adebayor in attack.

54'
We have just had a moment of excitement! A nice piece of play puts Steinsson free down the right - he puts in a low cross that Nolan gets a little flick to and then the ball ALMOST gets to Taylor at the back post but it is just beyond him.

HT
And there is the half-time whistle...if you are in the Bolton area and were thinking about going to this match - you made the right choice in staying at home.

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: These Yahoo Matchcast People on Real Kicks Yes
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 03:47:43 PM »
86'
With Dennis Wise watching from the stands, Terry McDermott assistant manager to Kevin Keegan, sits in the dugout pondering exactly what his role would be in the future, apart from shake hands with the winning manager every week
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 03:56:59 PM »
FT
And there is the full-time whistle - awful game and this reporter is glad it is over! Thanks for joining us for our comments.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 04:34:59 PM »
All these minute by minute accounts try to be funny because that is the only reason people will read them since you can get true minute by minute match trackers elsewhere.

I believe it was the Guardian that started it, they have reader mail too.

This is from today's

Full-time musings: Well I can understand why many of you wondered why this match was screened ahead of others. It was frightfully low on quality, save the odd piece of skill and strength from Kenwyne Jones.

84 min: Zarate dribbles past two players again and asks for a return pass off Muamba. He's asking too much though, as his team-mate just hoofs the ball out of play for a goal-kick. Zarate looks crestfallen at his team-mate's incompetence.

78 min: "This can only end in tears for Bongo FC. This is the 21st time they've failed to keep a clean sheet, and they have only two away wins all season at Derby in August and at White Hart Lane!.

60 min: "Given Keane's penchant for buying players he used to play alongside, do you think the questions his transfer targets ask begin with "Why are you following me around?" asks Hugh Collins.

55 min: A scrappy battle in midfield has ensued. There's much pub football level hacking going on. Finally Sunderland win a free-kick after a particularly wayward relegation six-pointer (TM) hack but Stokes over-hits it to0 the back post and Birmingham clear for a corner.

And I ent even read the whole report. Real kicks.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 04:37:38 PM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 04:59:58 PM »
Yes JDB I am a guardian.co.uk MBM fan as well.. the report was well kicks

What about Barry Glennending and his stalker Paula?  :rotfl:

anywhows look a lil more

40 min: Football comedy alert! Kapo's cross is blocked by whitehead and the ball shoots up vertical about 40ft. Whitehead stumbles backwards to head it and team-mate Dwight Yorke gives him a WWE-style elbow to the bonce and floors him as he races into clear the danger. He's alright after a rub of the magic sponge, so I'm not being too cruel

22 min: Kenwyne Jones shoves about three defenders out of the way on the right wing and almost puts Whitehead through on goal with a flick of the right boot. Frank Queudrue painfully stretches the full length of his groin to block the pass and Birmingham clear the danger. He'll feel that in the morning!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 08:35:03 AM »
Some from the bbc's coverage of deadline day of the transfer window  :beermug:

1137: Some Tottenham news for you - Paul Robinson has joined Real Madrid on loan. Joking. In actual fact German side Hertha Berlin says Gilberto's transfer to Tottehham has collapsed following a second medical.

1230: Pablo Aimar at Liverpool, Jermain Defoe everywhere, nobody at Bolton. It is very much rumours left, right and centre.

1249: David Nugent, Louis Saha, John Hartson, Darren Bent, Leroy Lita and Gary McSheffrey all spotted at Bolton (apparently). They should stick them all in the stand and boost the average attendance.   :rotfl:

1308: "I'm a taxi driver down here in the south, and I've just given Freddie Kanoute a lift from Bournemouth airport to the Pompey training ground."
Grzegorz24 on 606

1413: Lots of chat on 606 that Jermain Defoe could be on his way to Pompey. Sticking with south coast clubs, another name that has been popping up all day is that of German striker Carsten Jancker, who is apparently joining Southampton (dependent on how easily persuaded you are/the credibility you give to dubious sources).

1]; } ?>