March 28, 2024, 07:49:13 AM

Poll

Who, in your own opinion is currently the Best Player in the World?

Lionel Messi
Ricardo Kaka
Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Cristiano Ronaldo
Robinho

Author Topic: Who's the best????  (Read 6522 times)

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Who's the best????
« on: January 30, 2008, 01:08:35 AM »
 In my opinion Robinho is the best player in the world right now. Who you guys think is the best currently? I tell men about Robinho ...the man is no joke nah

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who's the best????
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 04:03:27 AM »
That's a no brainer!!!! christianooooooo oooooffffff caaaaaaaaauuuuuuuussssssseeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 04:05:27 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 06:37:33 AM »
...to say Robinho is the best player in the world, is shit talk,u obvioulsy dont know football.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 06:43:36 AM »
Ah man say Robinho ....  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Brazil fans might really be bias.... I am beginnig to think that....
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 07:42:21 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline stillmatic

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 06:50:13 AM »
Kaka is the bess player.....Robinho will be there soon....he is playing a big role in madrid march towards the title.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 07:05:26 AM »
u should try this poll again when Messi fit...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 07:54:47 AM »
On Current Form...Cristiano is the best at the moment

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 08:00:31 AM »
U know Small M...looking at your signature : It kinda wrong to have a HOLY trinity playing for a side called red DEVILS.  ;D
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 08:03:20 AM »
U know Small M...looking at your signature : It kinda wrong to have a HOLY trinity playing for a side called red DEVILS.  ;D

true lol..

but i dont care..  i made up that name for them and its spreading

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 08:23:37 AM »

I went to ah church dinner and dey was serving deviled eggs!  :rotfl:

Do your thing Smallie....

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 08:56:43 AM »
...to say Robinho is the best player in the world, is shit talk,u obvioulsy dont know football.

How many Real Madrid games have you seen this season? Just curious.

Ah man say Robinho ....  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Brazil fans might really be bias.... I am beginnig to think that....

Same question to you Sam....

Not saying Ponnoxx isn't biased, because I know he's a Brazil & a Madrid fan (like me), but alotta the hype around C Ronaldo is biased as well, not through anyone's fault but because of the closer coverage, broadcasting & marketing of the EPL on mainstream TV (particularly FSC).....

I myself haven't been able to follow la liga as closely as usual this season, but from all accounts Robinho is having a very big year. (Let's also not forget how he carried Brazil on his shoulders for the majority of the copa america last year)- I don't think it's that outrageous to consider him the best or at least amongst the best....
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 09:00:38 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 09:19:12 AM »
i see small mag say based on current form CR is the best..that leads to my question..are we talking about form or skill/talent?

i would say kaka is the best player in the world...CR is in the best form right now and he is the 3rd best player in the world....messi is the 2nd best player in the world

robinho is good but i just don't see him being a dominant player with the exception of the last copa america and the last month in the spanish league..u have to do it on ah regular basis not just for a few months.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 09:26:39 AM by real madness »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 09:23:35 AM »
Robinho??   :rotfl: :rotfl:

The best player at any given time for me has to exhibit the capability to single-handedly grab a game by the scruff of the neck and solely influence the result.. And not just any game against Wigan, Almeria or Catania. Big games too..

There was a time where i thought 5 people could have done that... Rivaldo, Zidane, Ronaldinho, Gerrard and Totti.

Right now only 3 showing me that.. Messi, Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo..

Given that I have not seen Cristiano excel as much against the top two sides, or at the latter phases of European competitions, I have to say Kaka is the best right now -- followed by Messi (tore apart Real madrid and chelsea) and then closely followed by CR7

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 09:40:27 AM »
Robinho??   :rotfl: :rotfl:

The best player at any given time for me has to exhibit the capability to single-handedly grab a game by the scruff of the neck and solely influence the result.. And not just any game against Wigan, Almeria or Catania. Big games too.

Then juan roman riquleme should be on that list . Kaka is more consistent though and will get my vote. For a best performance rating then none can beat out the boca Juniors and Argentina genius. he just needs to do it more ofen.
I see Messi on the list but Messi pl;ays for Argentina the same team in which Riquelme has clearly dominated both at the last Copa America nad w/C qualifying so something is definetely wrong with the list.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 09:48:47 AM »
before I get jumped on for my Riquelme should be on the list comment...two players mentioned played in the copa america .. Robinho and Messi ...  take a look at a review of the tournament. notice the commentator had no brief for Argrentina and slammed their performance in the final ..

.Copa America 2007 Review
Published: 17 July 2007
by Andrew Cherrie
After 26 games, 86 goals and exhilarating football played by some of the greatest players in world football, the Copa America has come to an end.

Brazil retained their Copa crown with a tactically superior 3-0 victory over an Argentina side whose mesmerising football had enchanted fans worldwide throughout the tournament, but who fell short once again at the final hurdle.

This edition of the Copa America can be considered a hearty success, perhaps even the best of all-time. Here is, in no particular order, the good, the bad and the Carlos Tevez of the Copa America Venezuela 2007:

Player of the tournament: Juan Roman Riquelme (Argentina)

The term ‘world-class’ is often dished out to players who are not deserving of the title, though Juan Roman Riquelme is not one of them. Pivotal in every Argentina attack, Riquelme displayed himself as the complete attacking midfield player. Not only was he the second top scorer with five goals, but he also was vital in the build up to a number of goals, showing why he was such an important component of Boca’s Copa Libertadores winning side. Nothing short of extraordinary. Almost faultless, though his sub-standard performance in the Final would have left a bitter taste.
Worthy mentions: Robinho (Brazil), Castillo (Mexico), Suazo (Chile).

Match of the tournament: Mexico 0-3 Argentina (Semi Final)

On the basis of Argentina’s elegant second half display alone, this was the greatest game of the tournament. Mexico put on a stern, yet enjoyable, defensive performance in the first-half to suffocate Argentina’s creative assets, though five minutes of flagging concentration allowed Heinze to give Argentina a somewhat undeserved lead from a set-piece. Resistance was futile eventually, as the frontline of Messi, Tevez and Riquelme combined to produce the most perfectly rounded attacking show seen in years to propel their team to the final. After the game, one journalist went so far as to brand Argentina as the ‘team of the decade’. Not far wrong.
Worthy mentions: Uruguay 2-2 Brazil (Semi Final), Paraguay 5-0 Colombia, Brazil 3-0 Argentina (Final).

Surprise package: Venezuela

A case could be made for Brazil as the tournament’s surprise package as nobody expected them to be crowned champions with a bit-part squad and a manager with non-existent coaching experience, but it’s Venezuela who take the accolade. The host team progressed to the Quarter-Finals for the first time in history whilst riding on the wave of the country’s sudden explosion of enthusiasm for the game. Their 2-0 victory over Peru in the group stage was La Vinotinto’s first Copa America victory since 1967.
Worthy mention: Uruguay

Miss of the tournament: Nery Castillo vs Brazil

After scoring a fantastic opening goal to set Mexico on their way to a 2-0 victory over Brazil early on in the match, Nery Castillo had the opportunity to round off the win when he was left one-on-one with the goalkeeper deep into injury time. He managed to carry out all the hard work, outpacing last-man Alex and rounding Doni in the Brazilian goal, but with an open goal at his mercy he somehow managed to flunk the ball over the crossbar from 8 yards.
Worthy mention: Robinho vs Ecuador

Funkiest celebration: Julio Baptista

Baptista is joined in a rumba by team-mates Robinho and Vagner Love after putting Brazil 2-0 up against Chile.

Ugliest footballer: Carlos Tevez

Because Ronaldinho was absent from the tournament, Carlos Tevez has the displeasure of taking the award. If it wasn’t bad enough having a see-through hole in his neck the size of the Channel Tunnel (the result of a childhood accident), Tevez now resembles the creation of a certain Doctor Frankenstein to boot. No wonder opposition defences are scared by the prospect of facing him. He can’t half play football, though.
Worthy mention: Ronaldinho (he’s not at the tournament, but he deserves a place here nonetheless)

Let down of the tournament: Argentina

They promised so much with their brand of open, expansive football throughout the competition but once again failed to deliver the goods when it really counted. As with the 2004 Copa America Final and the deciding game of the Confederations Cup in 2005, Argentina slipped up dismally against Brazil when they were within touching distance of a trophy, denying them a success which they so deserved. This Argentina team is bound to draw comparison to the ‘Total Football’ Dutch side of 1970’s, who despite having the greatest national team of the period, failed to gain a single piece of silverware. At every big international tournament in recent years they have been cited among the favourites, yet Argentina’s trophy-less streak is currently at 14 years and counting.
Worthy mentions: Ecuador, United States, Colombia.

Young gun: Lionel Messi

At just 20 years old and having just completed his second full season of professional football, to say Lionel Messi has a bright future ahead of him is something of an understatement. The Barcelona starlet was a vital cog in Argentina’s attacking machine, chipping in with 2 goals and creating a handful of assists. To add to his strike against Peru in the Quarter-Final was his Semi-Final finish versus Mexico, which leads us nicely on to the next section…
Worthy mentions: Castillo (Mexico), Cristian Rodriguez (Uruguay)

Goal of the tournament: Lionel Messi vs Mexico

"Only a genius could do this," proclaimed Argentina boss Alfio Basile of Messi’s strike. After being found in space by Carlos Tevez on the right, Messi took one look up, composed himself and lifted the ball gracefully with one swift yet delicate swipe of his weaker left foot over the head of flailing gaolkeeper Oswaldo Sanchez as the whole stadium rose to acknowledge the magic of Messi. Genius indeed.
Worthy mentions: Suazo (Chile vs Brazil), Guardado (Mexico vs Uruguay), Garcia (Uruguay vs Venezuela).

Team of the tournament:

Doni (Brazil)

Maicon (Brazil) - Alex (Brazil) – Marquez (Mexico) – Zanetti (Argentina)

Mascherano (Argentina)

Suazo (Chile) – Riquelme (Argentina) – Baptista (Brazil)

Robinho (Brazil) – Castillo (Mexico)

Subs:

Sanchez (Mexico)
Gilberto (Brazil)
Cambiasso (Argentina)
Forlan (Uruguay)
Messi (Argentina)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 10:06:06 AM »
Jai John go and answer the blasted question yuh post in "Quizz Time and Facts" going on two years now....

If we was holding we breath... we dead and bury. You and all like yuh forget and post de same question again de other day... all Tallman cyah answer.... steups

look the link.

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=12393.0

Is the most viewed thread in dey and we still cyah get de damn answer.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2008, 10:10:07 AM »
Also is between Robinho and C Ronaldo for best player right now....

Both ah dem kinda unstoppable right now... and who say no to Robinho ent been following the spanish league at all..

Omardinho laugh at de Robinho choice and den list out the exact reasons why Robinho SHOULD be considered...

Omardinho ah coming and eat dat pelau in de Fantasy League watch out

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2008, 10:18:26 AM »

Both ah dem kinda unstoppable right now... and who say no to Robinho ent been following the spanish league at all..

Omardinho laugh at de Robinho choice and den list out the exact reasons why Robinho SHOULD be considered... [/b]

come nuh man..

robinho having his best season to date yes, but is a far, far, far, far, far stretch to put the "best player in the world" mantle on him at this moment... what is he doing that is any different to what CR7 has done for the past few seasons and what messi has been doing up until recently??

Lewwe see wha play off in de champs league this year and revisit this nuh..

like yuh eh check de table today.. de pelau in 5th position now and i eh even add de special ingredient and secret sauce yet..

when yuh see ah get meh sket (freakazoid) to wine over de pot ah go be moving into pole position like Ayrton Senna..

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2008, 10:54:29 AM »

Omardinho laugh at de Robinho choice and den list out the exact reasons why Robinho SHOULD be considered...

FSC dread- EPL & Serie A is what gets the most/all of the exposure.....That's why the views are skewed.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2008, 11:00:52 AM »
Robinho and dem madrid men have a real gay way of celebrating dey goals....

My vote is Riqueime... and all yuh watching de African Nations Cup...man is real skillzs in dat competition.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2008, 11:02:00 AM »

Omardinho laugh at de Robinho choice and den list out the exact reasons why Robinho SHOULD be considered... [/b]

come nuh man..

robinho having his best season to date yes, but is a far, far, far, far, far stretch to put the "best player in the world" mantle on him at this moment... what is he doing that is any different to what CR7 has done for the past few seasons and what messi has been doing up until recently??

Lewwe see wha play off in de champs league this year and revisit this nuh..

How many games yuh watch Robinho play last season (and this season) ?

Robinho had a big season last year too...and he dominated the Copa America up until the final... I eh saying that he's the best in the world, but I'm pretty sure that if C. Ronaldo played in Spain, he wouldn't get half the attention on this forum that he gets now....

Best player in the world is Iker Casillas-  He won the Spanish primera for Madrid last season, and he's the reason Madrid is 9 points clear in the league.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 11:04:22 AM by kicker »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2008, 11:11:23 AM »
Best player in the world is Iker Casillas-  He won the Spanish primera for Madrid last season, and he's the reason Madrid is 9 points clear in the league.

I could endorse this.. MOST SHOT AT GOALKEEPER so far in de league, imagine dat... WITH de least goals conceded after Barcelona...

Madrid conceded 16.. Barca 14

AS of 2 games ago

Amazingly, Real Madrid are the team most 'shot at' by other teams in the league, even more than lowly Levante. The statistic was made public last week, prompting Schuster to declare that it had to stop. But Casillas just saves everything that comes his way. The side has only conceded 14 goals, despite having their posts peppered 279 times, 82 of which ended with San Iker (Saint Iker) making a save. He has now gone 468 minutes without conceding, and played 58 consecutive games since being sent off in Santander in May 2006.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 11:15:05 AM by FF »

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2008, 11:15:03 AM »
On Current Form...Cristiano is the best at the moment

Ah have tuh agree wid de yute wid his post. I must admit, in my opinion, SM made a fair and true comment. SM being a big Man U supporter, he cud have made his post differently. I'm not a Man U fan, Supa is die hard long time supporter fuh Barca. However, I do admire good ball and Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea (sometimes) dey all play good and entertaining ball. If meh boi (Dinho) was in form, dis wud ah be ah no brainier question tuh answer, or even if de next killer(Drogba) wasn't injured fuh ah while, he wud ah be meh choice in ah heart beat. HIGHLY BLESSED
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 11:24:10 AM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline jumbonut$

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2008, 11:38:02 AM »
All these players listed are class players but by all rights Christiano Ronaldo is a cut above the rest. I never really liked the youth eh but for the past 2 seasons he has been the man.... I mean he has 25 goals in all competitions already with 4 months of football still to play. Not to mention he is a wide midfielder... The man bad

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
c. ronaldo is hands down the best player in d world right now dread. talk about the midas touch. fab who?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 02:34:36 PM by freakazoid »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Re: ah naming mi son critiano lionel
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2008, 02:28:57 PM »
That plan sounds a bit messi... ;D

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ah naming mi son critiano lionel
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2008, 02:29:19 PM »
Dis looking like a 8 page thread in the making.  :-\
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ah naming mi son critiano lionel aka basket thread
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2008, 02:33:30 PM »
man u looking like 2005 barcelona
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2008, 03:01:35 PM »

I said in my opinion...prick!.....Anyhow Cristiano has never proved himself against top opposition..He cannot raise the level of his team on his own...Rooney does this for Manchester...It is true he is playing exceptionally well but against Wigan and Derby and bottom scrapers...what about Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal?...where was Cristiano against these teams...When they play AC Milan last year where was he?  I mean he playing at a great level but I can't say he is the best when Man U didn't face adversity and Cristiano step and say give me the ball let me decide this game as say Kaka does for Milan....I also said currently...Kaka still doing his thing but not like Robinho doing it also and keeping his team at the top level...Messi is also not a player in my opinion that could say let me decide this when Barcelona not doing well...This is why I cannot say those guys are the best...As for Zlatan...He is playing great and has been for a while....Cristiano is an excellent player but not a clutch individual like say Ronaldo 99 for Brazil, Inter, Barca and Real(against Turkey in the World Cup when Brazil couldn't find a goal), Zidane for Real and France(UEFA final volley), Ronaldinho(against Milan champions league) for Barca and Brazil, Kaka for Milan(against Boca ) and Brazil, Rivaldo, Figo for Real.......Players that will say give me the ball and I will decide this ...All these players have had there moments...Where was Cristiano's? where was Messi 's this season?....This is just my opinion and all I ask was men opinion this asshole have to come and say i doh know about football...steups....pornsite shut down o what? alllyuh little asshole find something to do nah boy and leave a big man...steups

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
critiano is a horrible name...try cristiano instead :devil:

1]; } ?>