March 29, 2024, 01:26:09 AM

Author Topic: Overseas Pros to arrive on Sunday for Guadeloupe clash  (Read 2743 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Overseas Pros to arrive on Sunday for Guadeloupe clash
« on: January 31, 2008, 10:48:10 AM »
Overseas Pros to arrive on Sunday for Guadeloupe clash.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF Media).

Trinidad and Tobago’s list of overseas-based players will arrive home on Sunday and head straight into camp at the Mt Irvine Bay Hotel in Tobago ahead of next Wednesday’s friendly international against Guadeloupe at the Queen’s Park Oval.
Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones will line up on Saturday against Liverpool and he along with Southampton striker Stern John, Wrexham midfielder Silvio Spann, Walsall goalkeeper Clayton Ince, Swansea City striker Jason Scotland and Collin Samuel will come in on the weekend. The other overseas pro, Hungary-based midfielder Densill Theobald is already in the country.
The list of home-based players, thirteen of them, will depart for the sister-isle on Friday to begin the live-in camp under interim head coach Francisco Maturana.
Those 13 players will be announced on Thursday (today) following a training session at the Ato Boldon Stadium.
Scotland, scorer of 16 goals in the English League One for the 2007/2008 season, is setting his sights on continuing that sort of form for the ‘Soca Warriors’ but he sees the Guadeloupe game as more than just a friendly against the Caribbean team.
“I think it’s definitely a chance for us to get back on track since the World Cup in 2006. I believe we have the qualities to do it as a team again and this game is much more than just a friendly. It’s important because a good bit of the guys from the 2006 squad will be coming back together for the first time in a year,” said Scotland.
On his personal showing for Swansea, Scotland felt that his game has been upped since the World Cup experience.
“I said before that going to the World Cup and being part of that experience would have helped to push on even if I didn’t play. That has happened and I am very pleased about it. I worked hard on my game even at St Johnstone and I pushed on. The move to England was always an ambition and thankfully I have been able to come and get the goals here as well. The most important thing is that I can continue contributing to the success of my club and country. This is a big year for us and hopefully we can good things in the World Cup campaign as well,” Scotland added.
Maturana meantime, has been joined by his assistants Cesar Maturana and Jorge Luis and they will begin duties alongside Anton Corneal and Michael Maurice on the coaching staff from tomorrow (Friday). Ashton Mills (Physio) and Wayne Lawson (trainer) are the other assistants.
“I think we have our plans and we will work towards achieving our goals. It is an important period but we will also use to settle in with the team, the players and of course work on all our tactical and physical preparation before the game against Guadeloupe,” said Maturana.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 02:35:45 PM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Re: Overseas Pros to arrive on Sunday for Guadeloupe clash
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 12:18:26 PM »
SCOTLAND AND JONES UP FRONT!!!!!!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 01:02:26 PM »

If it was not for Stern they wouldn't have been a World Cup for us...  Remember that..

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 01:11:14 PM »

If it was not for Stern they wouldn't have been a World Cup for us...  Remember that..
The team have to be picked based on who in form. Stern not in form at the moment. Scotland and Kenwyne very much are.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 01:20:41 PM »

Nobody attacking stern,we're just saying the forwards who are in form will get pick in front of stern..........

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 01:26:01 PM »
ok ok.. sorry..   but i think Stern will get the Nod anyway and i also think he could get the armband 

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 07:55:30 PM »
Buh who say Stern eh in form. Soooooo fas he outa form.? ???
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 08:15:58 PM »
All yuh start back with Stern again.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 08:48:56 PM »
Buh who say Stern eh in form. Soooooo fas he outa form.? ???
He get relegated to the bench 3 games ago after 2 or 3 other games of playing poorly. Saturday was his first start in a while and, besides the miss penalty, he didn't play well.

Scotty scoring at will and playing great from all accounts and Kenwyne is Kenwyne. Based on current form, those are our two best strikers at the moment.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 09:37:03 PM »

Nobody attacking stern,we're just saying the forwards who are in form will get pick in front of stern..........

Probably a tough decision to make because while Scotland banging in goals seemingly at will, Stern still playin at a higher level, and likely under more efficient training regimens (Southampton is a good club). You must want the player in the higher league to play ... but if Scotland doesn't play or ain't given enough time, every man on dis board will wonder what if, esp with his current form in front of goal, despite it being League 1

I would like to see Scotty get a substantial run...we doh have no Latas or Yorke in midfield and it would be to our benefit to have a striker who will run at defenders and cause some space to open up

As an aside, it real good to know that some of our best are back. Sorry that Edwards, Dog and Birchall not though.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 09:39:45 PM by Grande »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2008, 07:22:52 AM »
f**k form....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline madness1969

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2008, 07:35:19 AM »
allyuh need to remeber that de caribbean soccer is very lower than league 2, so i suggest that stern, kj and scotland can make a good combination for tnt.

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2008, 08:33:09 AM »
allyuh need to remeber that de caribbean soccer is very lower than league 2, so i suggest that stern, kj and scotland can make a good combination for tnt.

At least call iot Caribbean FOOTBALL nah  ;D........the suka thing

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2008, 09:11:35 AM »
Dat form ting doh apply to John 14. How easy all yuh forget WC qualifiers when de man was not scoring goals on de regular for his club, but still light up Guatemala, Panama and Mexico.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline madness1969

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2008, 09:27:00 AM »
that's true, caribbean football. but we should do beat those low level teams in the caribbean teams with confidence!

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2008, 09:31:08 AM »

Like they all said Kenwayne and Scotland are in form right now, we all know Stern is able, but we also know he is a master loafer, and since this is a friendly give them a chance nah, Stern could always come in as a sub

1]; } ?>