March 28, 2024, 07:10:07 PM

Author Topic: Kennya Cordner Thread  (Read 41585 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Cordner setting the pace
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2011, 11:44:38 AM »
i see like they win the CUP

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - FEBRUARY 12: The Roar team pose as they celebrate after winning the W-League Grand Final match between Sydney FC and the Brisbane Roar at Campbelltown Sports Stadium on February 12, 2011 in Sydney, Australia.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline jimmel14

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Kennya * Yaya* Cordner Signed by Reign FC
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2013, 07:34:11 PM »
Kennya Cordner has moved up from the Reign FC Reserves of the WPSL to the NWSL club in Seattle. (Wilson Tsoi)
Kennya Cordner is a forward for the Trinidad and Tobago WNT and, prior to signing with Reign FC, was a member of the Reign FC Reserves. In her first four matches with Reign FC Reserves this season Kennya scored three goals. Cordner was called up to play in the Reign FC friendly match against the Haitian Women’s National Team on June 2; she scored a goal in the 6-0 victory for Reign FC.

Cordner made her international debut at 15 and is the leading scorer for the Trinidad and Tobago Women’s National Team. In July 2011, in an Olympic qualifying match, Cordner scored 9 goals against Dominica, leading her club to a 15-1 victory.

“At every level she has played Kennya has shown she knows how to find the net,” said Head Coach Laura Harvey. “We are clearly a club that is in need of a player who can consistently deliver goals, so we are excited to see the impact Kennya can have in the NWSL.”

Kennya has been added to the roster pending medical clearance and will make her debut with the squad as soon her visa has been approved.

Kennya Cordner

Position: Forward

Born: November 11, 1988

Hometown: Speyside, Trinidad and Tobago

Last Club: Reign FC Reserves, Presented by Issaquah Soccer Club

College: Young Harris College

Citizenship: Republic of Trinidad and Tobago

Acquired: Signed, June 19, 2013

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kennya * Yaya* Cordner Signed by Reign FC
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2013, 07:39:50 PM »

Just this alone sweet.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2013, 08:33:20 PM »

Just this alone sweet.

CO-SIGNNN d prettiest part of Tobago.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2013, 03:13:05 AM »
Fuh real, nice reefs out dey too and wicked fish
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cordner waived by Reign FC. Steups!
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2013, 11:08:06 AM »
In order to make room on the roster for Van Egmond, Seattle has placed forward Kennya Cordner on waivers. Cordner, who was brought up in mid-June from the Reign FC Reserves, played in three games for Reign FC, starting in two matches and logging 124 minutes. During Cordner’s time with Reign FC the club was undefeated, collecting eleven points from three wins and two draws.

“We added Kennya to our roster on a temporary basis, knowing it would be a few weeks before Van Egmond would be able to join the club,” said Harvey. “To her great credit, Kennya was able to quickly fit into the squad and help us turn the season around during her short stay with the senior team. We think she is a terrific player and hope she can play a role with the club in the future.”

http://goalwa.wordpress.com/2013/07/12/reign-fc-add-aussie-van-egmond-waive-cordner/
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2013, 11:21:40 AM »
hard luck Yaya. yuh knocking at the gate, a little more work and yuh go buss thru. keep yuh head up!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2013, 11:32:24 AM »
So why did they sign her, to embarrass her ?

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2013, 01:27:37 PM »
My sentiments exactly. Stupid system though!

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: kenya cordner....anybody see this girl play ??
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2014, 08:29:50 PM »
WATCH Kennya Cordner’s goal for Seattle Sounders Women which set them on the way to a 2-1 win over their longtime rivals, Vancouver Whitecaps, in a preseason friendly.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Om1KnrKQyE8&amp;start=7" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Om1KnrKQyE8&amp;start=7</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: kennya cordner....anybody see this girl play ??
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2014, 08:10:57 AM »
CHECK OUT Kennya Cordner’s brilliant goal in Seattle Sounders Women 2-1 win over the Santa Clarita Blue Heat.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rCzFolM7H0I?start=76" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/rCzFolM7H0I?start=76</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2014, 05:42:19 PM »
Why we cant have neeat small staiums like that, man

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2014, 08:41:15 PM »
you know exactly why

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2014, 08:10:24 AM »

same thing i was ssaying..if these are embedded nicely into the communities u will see good turnout for games...well assuming all the other stuff is done efficiently, marketing etc

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2014, 07:34:07 AM »
Kennya Cordner has been named to the W-League’s Team of the Week after scoring four goals in two games last weekend.
http://goalwa.wordpress.com/2014/06/25/sounders-women-cordner-on-team-of-week-club-hosts-rush-friday/

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2014, 12:50:41 AM »
‘Yaya’ named in Concacaf women’s all-star XI.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Top scorer for T&T at the recently concluded Concacaf Women’s Championship, Kennya “Yaya” Cordner, was named in an All-star XI among the best four midfielders of the tournament.

Cordner, who scored three goals, all of which were headers assisted by Ahkeela Mollon, was identified as the “best right midfielder”.

Cordner scored the lone goal in T&T’s win over Haiti and the first goal in the 2-1 win over Guatemala, both in the group stage, where the team placed second behind eventual tournament winner, USA.

She then scored her third goal, an equalising item in the 57th minute on Sunday in the extra-time 4-2 loss to Mexico.

The USA won the tournament with a 6-0 drubbing of Costa Rica and dominated the All-star team with seven of 11 players making the list. Hope Solo (goalkeeper), Christie Rampone, Whitney Engen, Meghan Klingenberg (defenders), Carli Lloyd, Christen Press (midfielders) and 2012 Fifa World Player of the Year, Abby Wamback (forward), represented the USA on the All-star team.

Costa Rican full-back Diana Saenz and midfielder Shirley Cruz Trana, along with one Mexican, forward Charlyn Corral, completed the list.

Lloyd won the Golden Ball, Wambach the Golden Boot and Solo the Golden Glove. Costa Rica won the Fair Play award.

In total, T&T scored six goals in the tournament. Apart from Cordner, the other goals came from captain Maylee Attin Johnson, defender Lauryn Hutchinson and forward Mariah Shade, all of whom scored one each.

USA, Costa Rica and Mexico all qualified for the next year’s Fifa World Cup Canada, while T&T, which finished fourth earned an intercontinental two match playoff spot against Ecuador.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2014, 04:05:20 AM »
Good for Cordner! :applause:

I thought selection to the all-star team was based on performance during the tournament; what is Hope Solo doing there?....what exactly did she do in the tournament?
Surprised King isn't in the allstar eleven....

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2014, 09:23:00 AM »
I had the privilege of seeing several of the current team members ( soca women warriors) play in montreal  some years ago  including smallie  yaya cordner , baby face  maylee attin johnson ,  along with miss cool akheela mollon,  even then we saw  evidence of their talents ......  yaya though very small in stature was something else , everyone wanted to know why she was kept on de bench  ... she was terrorising the opposing team players when she eventually  made her appearance.. and scored too... she left an impression on all who saw her then ..... as for  maylee attin i'm not surprised  she is presently captaining de current team.... i was able to chat with her  back then  and can safely say  she is a serious , intelligent and talented   young lady .. so  ppl no 2 ways  about  it, we have a special group   representing our national colours i can see exactly why coach randy waldrum  feels the pride he does for these young ladies.... i certainly feel as much  pride ... keep your heads up ladies  and best wishes to all of you

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kennya Cordner Thread
« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2014, 11:12:50 AM »
Women Soca Warriors forward, Kennya “Yaya” Cordner, nominated for the 2014 TV6 Viewers' Choice Sport Personality Award.
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/videos/SPORT-PERSONALITY-KENNYA-CORDNER-285315711.html

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Footballer charged with breaching peace
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2015, 12:17:20 AM »
Footballer charged with breaching peace
T&T Express

Kennya Cordner, star striker for the national women’s football team, appeared in the Port of Spain Magistrates’ Court yesterday charged with using annoying language to provoke a police officer to commit a breach of the peace.

The charge alleges that on Carnival Monday night, Cordner was outside Ma Pau on Ariapita Avenue when the music was shut off abruptly and she allegedly called out to some police officers nearby, asking why the music was stopped and complaining that they could not even wine on the police.

She was subsequently arrested and taken to Woodbrook Police Station and charged with the offence.

Cordner pleaded not guilty to the charge yesterday and will return to court on Monday.

She was represented by attorney Martin George.

Cordner, who hails from Tobago and wears the same No 19 jersey as her idol Dwight Yorke, has represented Trinidad and Tobago for several years.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2015, 09:54:41 AM »
Fuh real? ???

Offline presspass

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2015, 03:53:39 PM »
T&T police and their tight panties AGAIN.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Cordner heads for Australian trial.
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2017, 01:47:25 AM »
Cordner heads to FC Dallas.
T&T Newsday Reports.

National forward Kennya Cordner is heading to the United States after earning a contract with FC Dallas Women’s team. The 28-year-old Tobagonian could make her debut for Dallas on Sunday in their Women’s Premier Soccer League (WPSL) game against Athenians SC.

The WPSL is the second tier in women’s football in the United States behind the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL).

Cordner is no stranger to the domestic league in the US, campaigning in 2014 for Seattle Sounders in the now defunct United Soccer League USL W-League and in the NWSL for Seattle Reign FC in 2013.

The speedy forward has netted 20 goals from 17 matches for the national team but is currently suspended from duty after a dispute with T&T coach Carolina Morace. Cordner, five foot, nine inches, is known for her direct and aggressive style of play as well as predatory instincts in the penalty area.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kennya "Yaya" Cordner flying high with four goals in FCD Women home opener
fcdwomen.ne
t

The Trinidad & Tobago all-time leading WNT goal scorer, Kennya Cordner, puts in a 4-goal performance in FCD Women home opener. 

On Saturday night at Dr. Pink Field in Frisco, Texas in front of a crowd of 600 versus FC Tulsa Spirit. FCD Women started off quickly through Bianca Brinson a little less than two minutes into the game. Yaya Cordner followed up a minute later with her first goal on the day. 

FCD Women went into halftime creating multiple opportunities but only finding the net twice in the 1st half before the Trinidad & Tobago international put on a show of how to finish in the second half.  The goal of the night came in the 68th minute when midfielder Sarah Jacobs found Cordner on the right flank. Yaya did the rest by dribbling beyond three defenders then cut the ball back to her left foot for her initial shot that was blocked by the Tulsa goalkeeper that rebounded in the air and Kennya Cordner jumped beyond Tulsa central defender and goalkeeper to score with a spectacular diving header. 

The final score finished 5-0 in favor of the FCD Women home side and sees FCD Women improve to (2-0) on the season in the Southwest Conference. 

FCD Women head coach, Ben Waldrum on the game:
"You are always pleased with a win in front of your home support.  A little disappointed in the first half not to capitalize on the attacking chances we created that has seemed to be a common theme early on in the season.  We addressed that at half-time and made a few tactical adjustments in our shape and movement that allowed us to put even more pressure on the opposition and we where able to put the ball in the back of the net in the second half."  "We will enjoy the win tonight and get back to work this coming week as we have two very important road games coming up in Oklahoma City."

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2017, 08:29:33 AM »
She has excellent speed and touch. Not sure of the level of competition here but scoring goals too. I always felt like her conversion ratio could have been better.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kennya Cordner—An exceptional eye for goal
« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2017, 08:03:41 AM »
Kennya Cordner—An exceptional eye for goal
T&T Guardian

T&T’s all-time leading goal scorer for the Women’s National Football Team, Kennya Cordner, has an exceptional eye for goal no matter which part of the world she is playing in, and this year was no different for the star striker from Speyside, Tobago.

“I turned 29 years old in November, which is considered the peak age for a footballer, and it really showed for me. I scored 13 goals in Dallas, and 17 goals in Paraguay, which showed that I am in great shape as a forward because I have been scoring goals” she told Guardian Media Sport.

“Yaya” as she is more commonly known in local circles, played one part of her footballing season with Football Club Dallas Women’s, where she finished as one of three leading goal scorers in the Women’s Premier Soccer League, and the other part with Sportivo Limpeño, which competes in the Primera Division B (the second division of Women’s Professional Soccer) in Paraguay.

When she reflected on the experience of playing in Paraguay, she had mixed feelings about the adventure to Limpio, Paraguay.

She described the trip as a great opportunity to advance her footballing profile and skills, but for her personal life, the Paraguayan lifestyle was one that did not mesh with her interests.

“The conditions were not what I expected from a third-world country. I did not allow it to affect me that much, but I was living with five girls and the lifestyle wasn’t one that I wanted to be a part of,” she self-confessed.

The forward, who is currently enjoying her off-season back in T&T, after an extended footballing year for both club and country, is anticipating a quiet Christmas season.

“I’m looking forward to relaxing, going to the beach, hanging out with friends, and just taking it easy until the football season starts again,” she said.

“Yaya” stated that she will use the allotted time off to reflect on her past season and deliberate both her club and international futures for the upcoming seasons.

“I have a lot of offers on the table to go out again and play, I can’t really say as yet because I still have to decide on which one of the teams I want to play with, and as for the national team, as the year turns over I will make a decision on whether I will return,” the player who wears number 19 stated.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kennya Cordner, queen of the Soca Princesses
« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2018, 04:48:46 PM »
Kennya Cordner, queen of the Soca Princesses
FIFA.com

It’s been a long wait for Trinidad and Tobago, but finally they have an opportunity to cast aside some demons. T&T, who are known affectionately as the Soca Princesses, dominated their two-match intercontinental play-off against Ecuador four years ago, but somehow slipped up after conceding a decisive last-minute goal to miss qualification for their first-ever FIFA Women’s World Cup™.

Fast forward to the present day and the opportunity for redemption is in sight. Next month T&T will line up among an eight-nation field at the USA-based CONCACAF Women’s Championship where three nations will earn passage to France 2019, while a fourth will book a play-off spot against Argentina.

A key cog for the Soca Princesses is the vastly experienced Kennya Cordner. A powerful and speedy forward, Cordner is ready to make an on-field statement following a brief self-imposed exile from the national team set-up.

Cordner brings goalscoring know-how and X-factor to a team short on exposure to various styles of football. Most of the squad are either based locally, or have spent the majority of their careers in USA playing college or regional football.

In that sense at least, Cordner – who once scored nine goals in an Olympic Games qualifier – is very much an outlier. The Tobagan has played in four continents and six countries in a colourful career journey that even included a brief sojourn in Paraguay.

Cordner has worn the colours of several clubs in the United States, and has enjoyed stints in Sweden and Australia, as well as Norway where she currently turns out for Sandviken. It could barely be any further from her sleepy hometown of Speyside – a village better known for bird-watching and reef diving than it is international footballers.

For one brief moment, women’s football was unexpectedly, and almost unbelievably, front and centre in the Caribbean nation. The Soca Princesses are used to little fanfare, so they were surprised as anyone when a sold-out 22,000 crowd gathered at the Hasely Crawford stadium in Port of Spain four years ago with a spot at Canada 2015 on offer.

Cordner was narrowly denied a historic match-winning goal when her spectacular overhead strike came back off the crossbar. The 29-year-old, however, is not one to dwell on what could have been as she told FIFA.com.

"It doesn’t really impact on me that much anymore," said Cordner. "It was disappointing and it hurt at the time, but that is in the past and I’m not discouraged. Every time I think about 2014, I’m not sad but I just say, ‘it wasn’t our time, because otherwise we would have been in a World Cup’. It just wasn’t meant to be."

And it will be far from easy this time around with USA, Canada and Mexico strong favourites for the upcoming continental championship, while Costa Rica and Jamaica have made massive progress in recent years.

T&T qualified for the continental championship behind Caribbean zone winners Jamaica, but Cordner was buoyed but what she experienced upon her return to the side.

"The energy and positivity of the girls was amazing and that is how it is supposed to be,” said Cordner, who is just one of three Tobagans in the squad. "Hopefully we have enough preparation so we have our chemistry, because it is going to be a tough challenge mentally and physically."

Cordner, who says she wants to play until the age of 40, is desperate to once again see women’s football uniting the Caribbean nation just as it did in 2014.

“That experience was amazing,” said the player known as Yaya. “I have never played in front of so many people in my entire life. We filled the stadium and we brought people together and that was the most amazing thing ever. Hopefully we have the opportunity to do that again."

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2019, 08:26:55 AM »
WATCH: Kennya Cordner wins the 2019 Norwegian Toppserien Golden Boot Award, after scoring her 17th goal of the season in IL Sandviken's 2-2 draw with Røa IL.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OgN_sl05nxM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OgN_sl05nxM</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2019, 07:11:01 PM »
Kennya Cordner nominated for Norwegian Toppserien Player of the Year. The Toppserien is the highest level of women's football in Norway. Kennya is described as a player with technical brilliance who can punish any opponent.

1]; } ?>