April 27, 2024, 02:09:13 AM

Author Topic: Benjani completes Man City move  (Read 936 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Benjani completes Man City move
« on: February 05, 2008, 09:58:30 AM »
Benjani completes Man City move
BBC Sport 

Redknapp bought Jermain Defoe to replace Benjani
Zimbabwe striker Benjani has finally joined Manchester City from Portsmouth for £3.87m.
The striker has signed a two-and-a-half year deal with City after passing a medical on Monday.
Pompey could receive further payments if the Zimbabwe international makes up to 75 senior starts.
"I'm delighted we have signed such a quality player, and I am looking forward to working with him," said City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson.

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Benjani completes Man City move
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 11:27:44 AM »
how he get sign 4 that small money and when did the actual transfer occur
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Benjani completes Man City move
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 11:35:33 AM »
Benjani finally completes move to Man City
Soccernet.com

A compromise deal between Manchester City and Portsmouth paved the way for striker Benjani Mwaruwari to complete his transfer to Eastlands.
City have agreed to pay an initial fee of £3.87million, with the remaining half of the £7.75million fee due to be paid in three instalments when the 29-year-old makes 25, 50 and 75 appearances for Sven-Goran Eriksson's team.
The Zimbabwe international signed a two-and-a-half-year deal after passing a medical on Monday.
City had expressed concerns about a knee injury Benjani had surgery on 18 months ago and, as a result, the transfer-deadline-day deal was held up.
Pompey called in the Premier League, claiming the 29-year-old's move had already been completed, and they confirmed the paperwork for the switch had been submitted before the midnight deadline, meaning the move will satisfy FIFA.
The two clubs then thrashed out a settlement acceptable to both which allowed Benjani to complete his move.
Portsmouth chief executive Peter Storrie said: 'Today's deal has been structured to enable Benji to join Manchester City without any further delay.
'We were asked by the Premier League if we could work with City on a restructuring the original deal. We were under no obligation to do so as the Premier League had received all the necessary documents before the transfer deadline.
'However. Benji has been a tremendous servant to Pompey so we have agreed that City can pay half the £7.75million fee up front with the other split equally over 25, 50 and 75 appearances.
'City has expressed some concern over a knee operation 18 months ago but, as Benji has never shown any sign of trouble since the operation and rarely misses a match or training, we were happy to come to this arrangement.'
City chief executive Alistair Mackintosh was equally delighted with the resolution.
'I would like to thank Portsmouth, the Premier League and the Football Association for their help, understanding and assistance in enabling this transfer to be completed to the satisfaction of all concerned,' he told his club's website.
'In particular, I would like to thank Peter Storrie of Portsmouth and Sir David Richards of the Premier League for their hard work and pragmatism.'
City manager Sven-Goran Eriksson added: 'I am delighted that we have signed such a quality player and I am looking forward to working with him straight away.'
Warrior Nation Member At Large

1]; } ?>