April 23, 2024, 10:40:48 PM

Author Topic: Who is this fool?  (Read 3143 times)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Who is this fool?
« on: February 02, 2008, 09:05:26 PM »

TSTT CEO apologises over awkward e-mail
Trinidad Guardian
Saturday 2nd February, 2008

Issue of the e-mail

*E-mail ridiculed employee
    *Worker queried absence of Carnival T-shirts.

BY KYLE JEREMIAH

Who is this fool?

That was the response of Roberto Peon chief executive officer of Telecommunications Services of T&T (TSTT) to an e-mail from one of the company’s secretaries complaining that TSTT had not printed and distributed Carnival T-shirts to the employees as was customary.

Peon yesterday apologised to the employee and the staff for what he admitted was an inappropriate reply.

Peon said he felt “strongly against” the culture of “entitlement” that persisted among some TSTT employees.

The e-mail that sparked the response was sent to TSTT’s vice president—human resources Edgehill Messiah and copied to Peon.

The secretary said, “I am appalled by the fact that Carnival 2008 has come and no T-shirts were distributed to the staff of TSTT.” She also complained that the company had distributed t-shirts, bandanas, and hats, among other things, to people who attended the bmobile-sponsored concerts at Woodford Square, Port-of-Spain, over the past five days, but TSTT staff had got nothing.

She said the company had not even informed staff there would be no T-shirts.

Upon receiving the e-mail, Peon wrote his response and reportedly tried to forward the e-mail to another manager. However, he mistakenly sent his reply to the original sender.

Peon wrote a personal letter of apology to the secretary involved.

It read, “I can honestly say that the e-mail was not intended to reflect upon you in a personal way, but displayed frustration with some of the entitlement issues that keep coming up, especially when we have so many challenges facing us as a company. In fact, with all that is going on right now in our external battles with many parties, my response would likely have been the same even if it was someone from our executive team who had sent me something of that nature.”

In a separate message to employees, Peon reminded staff of the need to focus on customers first.

He said, “Everything we receive, whether its salary, bonuses, T-shirts, bandanas, uniforms, long service awards—everything is possible only to the extent that our customers perceive that we are worthy to be their service provider. We must understand that we do not have any inalienable rights to anything. It can all be gone tomorrow if our customers decide so.”

Meanwhile, sources from a garment compnay told the Guardian that it would cost about $73,220 to supply T-shirts to a company with approximately 2,700 employees (roughly the number of workers at TSTT)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Who is this fool?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 09:09:46 PM »
jackulaitis spreading :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 10:50:44 PM »
Is me! is me!  :D

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 11:51:51 PM »
ahhhhh techology...can work for  us and against us as the case may be.

it amazes me how the links/leaks get to the newspapers so fast

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 11:18:35 AM »
LOL

so ah secretary send an emai lthe the head of HR & the company CEO complaining she did not get ah free jersey?  :rotfl:

well yes, ah eh go lie, i woulda send the same reply.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 11:47:36 AM »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 07:43:23 PM »
D man right he wrong to apolgize. Y she eh organize to get me my new number. Imagine I move and I have 2 get a number and they want me to get a number near by me and they want juzzy. LOUD STEUPS
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 10:53:22 PM »
LOL

so ah secretary send an emai lthe the head of HR & the company CEO complaining she did not get ah free jersey?  :rotfl:

well yes, ah eh go lie, i woulda send the same reply.

I cud just imagine how adamant and angry she was too eh. 
I wonder if it was really a mistake boy.... :rotfl:

Offline Johpants

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 10:37:04 AM »
If it were me, the reply would have been sent organization wide on purpose! He wrong to apologize.

Can you imagine the indignation she must have felt to be moved to write to the CEO to complain about not getting a free jersey and worse yet, she was not given advance notice that no free jersey was coming her way! Some people really need a reality slap yes.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 02:12:25 PM »
Hello.....all yuh fass....TSTT workers protest over de whole issue today.  Dey find de company should make de CEO face disciplinary action.....well yes..... ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 03:14:20 PM »
Hello.....all yuh fass....TSTT workers protest over de whole issue today.  Dey find de company should make de CEO face disciplinary action.....well yes..... ::)

yuh lie  :o

trinidad sweet too bad yes
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 03:35:01 PM »

Doh make joke.  Yuh lie.

I do fine he shoulda apologise either.  She is ah damn fool in trute!!
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 06:14:27 PM »

He should walk with a note book to take down names of who protesting....ent they cutting staff.  clowns.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2008, 08:03:44 AM »

Peon must go!

By Leiselle Maraj and Laurel V Williams
Saturday, February 9 2008
Trinidad & Tobago Newsday

Scores of TSTT employees staged demonstrations in Port-of-Spain and San Fernando yesterday to demand the resignation of Mexican CEO Roberto Peon and the settlement of the negotiations for the 2005-2007 collective agreement.

Carrying placards, some with unflattering messages about the TSTT management, the employees marched outside TSTT’s offices at Edward Street and Independence Square in Port-of-Spain and Library Corner in San Fernando.

The protests, which began shortly after 11 am at all locations, stemmed from Peon’s response to an employee’s emailed complaint that TSTT Carnival T-shirts had not been printed and distributed to staff this year.

The employee complained that T-shirts, bandannas and hats were distributed to members of the public at the bmobile-sponsored five-day concert series, Soca in B Square in Trinidad and Tobago, but TSTT staff got nothing. The employee also lamented that the company did not inform staff that there would be no T-shirts.

Peon, in response, wrote “Who is this fool?” and mistakenly sent it to the employee. After reports of the response surfaced, the CEO issued a personal apology to the employee, TSTT staff as well as a public apology in the daily newspapers. Peon’s apology has not been accepted, however by the protesting workers. “While he apologised, it is too late. We want him to resign now.

They tried to down play this issue but we deserve respect, ” Communication Workers Union (CWU) vice-president, Clyde Elder said yesterday, as he held a copy of the e-mail, during the noisy demonstration in San Fernando. Several of the San Fernando workers carried placards which read: “TSTT workers are fools.” In Port-of-Spain, CWU president John Julian said the e-mail incident showed that Peon and the TSTT management do not have the employees’ interests at heart. “It goes beyond getting a jersey for Carnival,” he said, “It is disrespect shown toward staff and the citizens of Trinidad and Tobago.”

He added that the union is also demanding that the company settles ongoing negotiations. “Management is refusing to pay salaries agreed on in December that is a 15 percent increase after consolidation of COLA. We are not getting any allowances agreed on, no COLA and no increase and if this company is state owned then it is the Prime Minister who is refusing to pay the workers,” he said.

Julian said if demands are not met protest action will continue and may escalate.

TSTT vice-president of human resources and administration, Edgill Messiah immediately responded to the union’s grievances stating that the company has accepted Peon’s apology. He said, “If a person in this organisation makes a mistake once, we give them a warning, it does not warrant their resignation. Mr Peon’s statement was not meant to be disrespectful, but it was an emotional response.”

He added that although the company agreed to the wage increase and other benefits, the management did not agree to other areas of the contract.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2008, 08:06:12 AM »

TSTT needs to operate like a private sector company to be profitable and to compete in an open market.

Seems like the workers resisting this move and want the company to operate like a government job.  They need to clean house cuz that government job mentality seems entrenched.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2008, 09:06:53 AM »
hmmm

are they vex because it leaked out he called the girl a fool ?
or
are they vex because they didn't get a t shirt ?

...is this same mentality thing we Trinis have..." Gimme Gimme" Ask all of them who walking in dey picket line, if they ever worked a FULL 8 hours shift nuh.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2008, 10:00:57 AM »

TSTT needs to operate like a private sector company to be profitable and to compete in an open market.

Seems like the workers resisting this move and want the company to operate like a government job.  They need to clean house cuz that government job mentality seems entrenched.
well man, for the last 6 weeks we trying to get our local phone Company here in BC to connect our daughter to high speed internet in vancouver and we have been very unsuccessful as yet, so we decided to cancell the order.
The phone company "Telus" have been using contractors and de Union has been "cutting off their nose to spite their face" and thus people like us have a hard time to get service.

I used to work with SHAW Cable and within two three days you getting your high speed as SHAW Cable ONLY uses contarctors....from the view as a customer contractors seem to be the fastest way to get service.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>