March 28, 2024, 12:08:13 PM

Author Topic: Ex-Mucurapo star seriously ill  (Read 1431 times)

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Ex-Mucurapo star seriously ill
« on: February 04, 2008, 01:05:32 PM »
Sunday, February 3rd 2008

One of the early heroes of Mucurapo Senior Comprehensive football is in a desperate battle for life.

Eric White, a diminutive and prolific striker, who formed with Ian "The Dread Dribbler" Clauzel a fearsome forward line in Mucurapo's first season of Championship Division competition in 1978, is now warded at the Port of Spain General Hospital suffering from chronic renal failure and other medical complications.

White, 46, who scored six hat tricks in that '78 season and played in the memorable North Inter Col final that season against John Donaldson Technical Institute which 'Compre" lost 2-1, was also prolific with Cocorite United in the old National League.

However, the little man is now in dire need of regular dialysis treatment for his failed kidneys.

Speaking to the Express on Friday, his wife Marva explained the seriousness of the situation with regard to the need for future dialysis treatment.

"We looking at almost $13,000 per month with dialysis and medication. It's a real uphill battle."

Reacting to White's predicament, Allan "Peru" Anderson, a former John Donaldson Technical Institute star in that era and now a member of the John D/Mucurapo Planning committee who honoured White last year, said, "it is a very emotional thing for everybody to see one of their own really struggling. "Whatever support they (the family) can get would be welcomed."

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ex-Mucurapo star seriously ill
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 01:33:31 PM »
Sunday, February 3rd 2008

One of the early heroes of Mucurapo Senior Comprehensive football is in a desperate battle for life.

Eric White, a diminutive and prolific striker, who formed with Ian "The Dread Dribbler" Clauzel a fearsome forward line in Mucurapo's first season of Championship Division competition in 1978, is now warded at the Port of Spain General Hospital suffering from chronic renal failure and other medical complications.

White, 46, who scored six hat tricks in that '78 season and played in the memorable North Inter Col final that season against John Donaldson Technical Institute which 'Compre" lost 2-1, was also prolific with Cocorite United in the old National League.

However, the little man is now in dire need of regular dialysis treatment for his failed kidneys.

Speaking to the Express on Friday, his wife Marva explained the seriousness of the situation with regard to the need for future dialysis treatment.

"We looking at almost $13,000 per month with dialysis and medication. It's a real uphill battle."

Reacting to White's predicament, Allan "Peru" Anderson, a former John Donaldson Technical Institute star in that era and now a member of the John D/Mucurapo Planning committee who honoured White last year, said, "it is a very emotional thing for everybody to see one of their own really struggling. "Whatever support they (the family) can get would be welcomed."

Get well soon old man, keep the faith.                                                     positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 02:00:06 PM »
Thanks for the info Breds,sorry to hear Eric going through this kind of thing,he played a bit with me when i coached ECM so i have a personal feeling for the guy,it's so hard when you know somebody,i just hope they are able to get him all the help he needs to survive this illness.Get well quick Eric.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 06:02:36 PM »
My prayers are with you Eric "Old Man" White. I trust that you will recover soon.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 06:32:40 PM »
Ditto all the positive wishes etc.

1]; } ?>