March 28, 2024, 06:58:21 PM

Author Topic: Olympic Team Thread.  (Read 46776 times)

Offline saint27

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: My views on T&T's 2012 Olympic qualifying series.
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2012, 11:54:16 AM »
Eve doh know wat he doin ....... For the whole tournament we did not play with a creative CM ...we had two of them and they were wasted on the wings ....... Molino get a game in d cm against Mexico but we were outclassed in that game

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2012, 12:09:53 PM »
Good post Palos,
to this day it still have some men braying that Latas should have played more in the World Cup...

You said it rite - decent teams do not get routed, they might get beaten by a better team, but not routed.
Every single game we play the main goal should be to avoid defeat.
We shuold have a very disciplined structure.
Winning comes in afterwards.

Why u think Mexicans players look so fast vs Trinidad and Tobago? is because we bun, out of position and not as good technically.
Technically, we may never be as good as them, but I know for a fact that we faster and stronger.
mexico also knows this and plans accordingly.

So all u need to do is work on the tactical formation/structure to neutralise their strengths.
This is one of those things thats a lot easier said than done, as u need the players, coaching and prep games to get good at it.
You do not have to be better than another team to beat them in this game...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2012, 04:25:16 PM »
Eve doh know wat he doin ....... For the whole tournament we did not play with a creative CM ...we had two of them and they were wasted on the wings ....... Molino get a game in d cm against Mexico but we were outclassed in that game

Right now we are sorely lacking in good mid-fielders. Both offensive and defensive. Molino appears to be the best of the bunch but is still lacking in effectiveness especially went the tempo is hot like the first game against Mex. As a matter of fact the entire team can't handle an untempo game.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2012, 04:36:26 AM »
Canada....a team that in my opinion is not necessarily BETTER than T&T.....lost to mexico 3-1.  It could have been 6 but you RARELY see a DECENT team losing by such a margin....even if the opposition is much better than they are.

This Mexico team is special.  They have players at pretty much every position except goalie.  They're susceptible in the air and from dead ball situations, but otherwise....you not beating them on technical ability, speed, athleticism, or tactics.

The reason why Canada concedes "only" 3 goals and T&T conceded 7 is down to lack of organisation, maybe a goalie having an "off" night,  and to some extent...lack of heart.

THAT's IT.  And I'm sorry....lack of organisation comes down to coaching.  NOT the Pro league.  NOT the University.  NOT Jack Warner.  NOT Kamla.  COACHING.

Our national teams are SELDOM organized....especially at the back.   And if it's difficlut for EXPERIENCED, foreign coaches to get our players to play defensively in an organized manner (Beenie being the notable exception...but dey lambaste him for taking the "flair" out of our players for doing so), then our local coaches are beyond clueless as to how to implement it.

Until then...we will continue to colleck serious goal in we pweffen.  We keep banging our heads against the wall.  Maybe one day we will defy all the odds and the wall will soften.

Boss reply they Palas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2012, 11:05:45 AM »
FIXTURES

Group A
July 26, 5.00pm BST; Old Trafford: United Arab Emirates v Uruguay
July 26, 7.45pm BST; Old Trafford: Great Britain v Senegal

July 29, 5.00pm BST; Wembley: Senegal v Uruguay
July 29: 7.45pm BST; Wembley: Great Britain v United Arab Emirates

August 1, 7.45pm BST; Ricoh Arena: Senegal v United Arab Emirates
August 1, 7.45pm BST; Millennium Stadium: Great Britain v Uruguay

Group B
July 26, 2.30pm BST; St James' Park: Mexico v South Korea
July 26, 5.15pm BST; St James' Park: Gabon v Swizterland

July 29: 2.30pm BST; Ricoh Arena: Mexico v Gabon
July 29, 5.15pm BST; Ricoh Arena: South Korea v Swizterland

August 1, 5.00pm BST; Millennium Stadium: Mexico v Swizterland
August 1, 7.45pm BST; Wembley Stadium: South Korea v Gabon

Group C
July 26, 7.45pm BST; Millennium Stadium: Brazil v Egypt
July 26, 7.45pm BST; Ricoh Arena: Belarus v New Zealand

July 29: 12.00pm BST; Old Trafford: Brazil v Belarus
July 29, 2.45pm BST; Old Trafford: Egypt v New Zealand

August 1, 2.30pm BST; St James' Park: Brazil v New Zealand
August 1, 2.30pm BST; Hampden Park: Egypt v Belarus

Group D
July 26, 12.00pm BST; Hampden Park: Spain v Japan
July 26, 2.45pm BST; Hampden Park: Honduras v Morocco

July 29: 5.00pm BST; St James' Park: Spain v Honduras
July 29, 7.45pm BST; St James' Park: Japan v Morocco

August 1, 5.00pm BST; Old Trafford: Spain v Morocco
August 1, 5.00pm BST; Ricoh Arena: Japan v Honduras

Top two teams go through to the quarter-finals

QUARTER-FINALS

August 4, 12.00pm BST; Old Trafford: Winner of D v Runner-up of C
August 4, 2.30pm BST; Wembley Stadium: Winner of B v Runner-up of A
August 4, 5.00pm BST; St James' Park: Winner of C v Runner-up D
August 4, 7.30pm BST; Millennium Stadium: Winner of A v Runner-up of B

SEMI-FINALS

August 7, 5.00pm BST; Wembley Stadium: Winner of QF 1 v Winner of QF 2
August 7, 7.45pm BST; Old Trafford: Winner of QF 3 v Winner of QF 4

BRONZE MEDAL MATCH

August 10, 7.45pm BST; Millennium Stadium

GOLD MEDAL MATCH

August 11, 3.00pm BST; Wembley Stadium

GROUP A
GREAT BRITAIN 
SENEGAL 
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES 
URUGUAY 

GROUP B
 MEXICO 
SOUTH KOREA 
GABON 
SWITZERLAND 

GROUP C
BRAZIL 
EGYPT 
BELARUS 
NEW ZEALAND 

GROUP D
SPAIN 
JAPAN 
HONDURAS 
MOROCCO 

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
2015 Olympic Team Thread.
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2015, 05:55:27 PM »
Can anyone provide a list of eligible candidates for T&T upcoming Olympic and PanAmerican games?

Just for our info, thats all.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Olympic Team Thread.
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2015, 07:16:23 AM »
players must be born on or after jan 1 1993
daniel carr huddersfield town ...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 02:34:16 PM by Trini _2018 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Championship 2015
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2015, 10:57:38 PM »
United States named host of CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Championship in October

The United States will play host to the CONCACAF qualifying tournament for the 2016 Olympic Games later this year from Oct. 1-13, it was announced Thursday by CONCACAF.

The 2015 Olympic Qualifying Championship – an under-23 competition – will send two teams directly to the Olympic Football Tournament Rio 2016, with a third nation earning the right to face South American Olympic qualifying runner-up Colombia in a playoff for one additional spot to Rio.

This year's tournament will feature eight nations divided into two groups of four, with the top two finishers in each group after round-robin play advancing to the semifinals. Host venues and ticketing information for the competition will be announced in the near future.

The 2015 CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Championship will include host USA, as well as North American automatic qualifiers Canada and defending Olympic champions Mexico. Those three countries will be joined by three nations from the Central American region and two from the Caribbean, with qualifiers in those regions to be disputed in the coming months.

The CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Championship USA 2015 kicks off on Oct. 1, with group play continuing through Oct. 7. The final matchday for both groups, as well as the semifinal date, third-place match and the final, all fall within the FIFA match date window scheduled for Oct. 5-13, meaning all nations will be able to call on their top under-23 players worldwide for the decisive phase of the championship, should they choose to do so.

The final tournament schedule and kick-off times will be set following the qualifying tournaments in Central America and the Caribbean. The United States also hosted the previous CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Championship, in 2012, when matches were hosted in Kansas City, Los Angeles and Nashville.

The US and Canada both failed to qualify from that tournament as Mexico and Honduras advanced to London 2012.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Championship 2015
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2015, 06:34:36 AM »
Let's see what TTFA have in store for the U-23. This group of guys from the recent U-20 should be in this.. Prepare for the PanAm and be ready for the Olympic qualifiers.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2015, 08:54:23 AM »
Let's see what TTFA have in store for the U-23. This group of guys from the recent U-20 should be in this.. Prepare for the PanAm and be ready for the Olympic qualifiers.

Indeed. Ah had a chance to reflect on this from 2 differing perspectives. The first: teams in CONMEBOL WC U20 qualifying that qualify for the Olympics would have had an immensely long period of preparation as a unit ... relative to the format we employ in CONCACAF ... and given that we (regionally)  separate 2 different age group cohorts (U23 and U20) while they focus on primarily one (U20) and build, the issue of achieving an effective team balance and chemistry occurs "faster" and more organically for them. This is a process output.

The second: I didn't have an opportunity to view the CONCACAF qualifying matches, but I come away from CONMEBOl qualifying with the sense that a cadre of T&T U20 players ... at the very minimum ... fit into the middle of the pack vis-a-vis players I have seen on display in the CONMEBOL tourney. I can see where certain players from Argentina and Brazil and Uruguay are definitely superior ... but I can also see where our players have more than many others here.

What players here are able to do collectively and better (generally seamlessly) is to (1) manage critical game moments and to (2) alter the playing rhythm and intensity without loss of possession and concentration. But, on an individual, generalized pound for pound, region to region, player to player analysis, we (Trinbagonians) might be underselling undervaluing what we have as a product.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 09:36:19 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2015, 10:11:33 AM »
If I had my way, the U-20 and some of the guys who did not go to JA would be training and playing until after Rio. I am assuming we would qualify for Rio. But right after Rio is more WC football. Providing they move pass the Concacaf group stage. We need friggin MONEY. NOW.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 10:19:06 AM by Deeks »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2015, 08:57:12 PM »
What has Canada done to be an automatic qualifier? Like dem have ah "Special Adviser"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2015, 10:26:48 PM »
What has Canada done to be an automatic qualifier? Like dem have ah "Special Adviser"

Mexico got bye as they are the current Olympic champs. Us get a bye as host. So Canada probably beat Bermuda to qualify as North American Champs.??

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2015, 06:55:48 AM »
From Panama

http://somoslasele.com/noticias/4217/seleccion-sub-23-jugara-dos-partidos-ante-cuba-en-la-habana

U-23 will play two games against Cuba in Havana

Nelson Gallego team led begin training in microcycles from February 23
The U23 national team, which will seek a place in the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro next year, will play two warm-up matches against its similar to Cuba, said Thursday the Panamanian Football Federation (FEPAFUT).
The FEPAFUT and Cuban couple reached an agreement to play these two games the 4th and 6th of April at the Pedro Marrero Stadium in Havana, capital of Haiti.
For these meetings, technical Nelson Gallego has prepared a training plan for microcycles three days a week, which begin on February 23 and continue through the month of March.
The journey of selection is scheduled for April 2 and will return on 7 November.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2015, 12:58:38 PM »
so when will our screening  start ?

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2015, 01:50:05 PM »
I do not know when training starts, or if we have a coach or even a team.

However, a few players that should be looked at.

Greg Ranjitsingh, Kristian Lee-Him, Andre Fortune, Daniel Carr, Chris Regis, Hallam Hope, Dwight Ceballo, John Bostock, Morgan Bruce and Noah Powder.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2015, 02:33:39 PM »
don't be surprised if our federation pulls out .

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2015, 02:38:45 PM »
Who say we don't have a coach. What is Hart there for ? Good looks?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2015, 03:14:18 PM »
hart is senior team coach .. not olympic team coach

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2015, 03:45:50 PM »

And why can't he coach the Olympic team. Who says a senior team coach can't run the Olympic team or at least liaise with an assistant coach. I would prefer him coach the team.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2015, 03:10:47 PM »
Zoran Vranes go be a good coach for this team.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2015, 03:33:13 PM »
I really enjoy reading the opinions of the various individuals who enlighten me with so much enthusiasm.

Zoran Vranes, Stephen Hart , and who ever else..

I beg the question why these names?

We like to post our opinions without reason..I would be very interested to know why either of these coaches would be suited for the Olympic team.

I would also like to hear what would be the goal for the Olympic team ,what plans are in place to achieve
achieve that goal.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2015, 03:36:50 PM »
The goal of the Olympic team is to win the Gold. Simple!

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2015, 03:45:49 PM »
Okay Deeks ..to win the Gold Medal..now I ask by what means and under whose leadership?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2015, 04:07:44 PM »

And why can't he coach the Olympic team. Who says a senior team coach can't run the Olympic team or at least liaise with an assistant coach. I would prefer him coach the team.

Hart Assistant should be the Olympic Team Coach.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2015, 04:24:47 PM »
Why don't we nominate Flex.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2015, 03:39:22 PM »

Zoran Vranes was announced Olympic Team head coach.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2015, 04:46:43 PM »

Zoran Vranes was announced Olympic Team head coach.

i

Congrats to Zoran. Should not be surprised. He has been around for years. Good luck!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2015, 05:03:02 PM »
Vranes takes charge of T&T Olympic team.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Preparations begin for Olympic qualifiers

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association will on Wednesday morning commence preparation of a squad of invited players for the upcoming Caribbean Football Union Leg of the 2016 Men’s Olympic qualifiers which begins in early August.

The TTFA today wishes to announce that  Zoran Vranes will serve as head coach of the National Under 23 team. Vranes will oversee the preparation of the team for its opening qualifying round in Puerto Rico from June 22nd. He will also oversee preparation of the team to represent this country at the Pan American Games in Canada in July.

The Caribbean Football Union will announce T&T's group for the opening round of the Olympic qualifiers in due course. The top two teams from the Caribbean will advance to the CONCACAF Final Olympic qualifying round which takes place in the United States between October 1st to 15th this year.

CONCACAF will  qualify two teams for the Rio 2016 Olympics.  The third-placed team in CONCACAF will advance to the CONCACAF–CONMEBOL play-off where they will play against a representative from CONMEBOL, which will be the Colombia, the 2015 South American Youth Football Championship runner-up

Included in Vranes’ squad are several players from the recent T&T Under 20 team, other members from the T&T Pro  League and six US-based players. 

Among the names are North East Stars midfielder Neveal Hackshaw, Shannon Gomez and Jomal Williams who made their senior international debut against Panama last month, Martieon Watson, Brendon Creed. Josiah Trimmingham, Levi Garcia, Akeem Garcia, Kadeem Corbin, Kevon Goddard, Jabari Mitchell, Aikim Andrews and Alvin Jones, another member of the T&T Senior team.

Vranes, delighted to be back at the helm of a national team, said the Olympic qualification is sure to be a challenging one.

“First of all, I am very happy to be back working with a national team. I’ve had some great experiences working with national teams of Trinidad and Tobago and this now a continuation as I try to have a positive input. Of course we went to the Under 20 World Cup in Egypt in 2009 and I was the coach of that team with players like Kevin Molino, Akeem Adams and Sheldon Bateau and now we have a chance to go to Brazil for the Olympics in 2016,” Vranes told TTFA Media.

“But this is going to be a difficult task now. We are a little bit behind time but okay, this is not something we cannot overcome. I think the qualification is more challenging than the World Cup because only two teams from CONCACAF will qualify directly. We have a lot of work to do but I think there are players with a lot of potential and experience in the squad now and we will use everything we have to make it happen for us,” he added.

“Many of these players I have worked with and observed in the Pro League and this is also an opportunity to prepare the players knocking on the door for the Senior team and I know they will be quite eager to do well in the Olympic team,” Vranes continued.

Vranes is also a former T&T Senior Team head coach and assistant coach. The T&T team will train at 8am on Wednesday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2015, 06:28:05 PM »
 :-[

1]; } ?>