March 28, 2024, 05:14:55 AM

Author Topic: Olympic Team Thread.  (Read 46755 times)

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I thought the same thing Flex! I thought they might have gone with Akeem Roach or Ricardo John who did so well in Puerto Rico. But then they waited so late to do any damn thing that it meant they HAD to pick someone from provisional list. That ruled out Roach. But not John.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hahaha Jesus Christ. They really replace him with a defender? I can't believe Ricardo John not on that team considering he was on the prov list . Wow

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
We hire ah next jackass coach and a conny for a manager.

I not even going and waste time watching this team, because is real blose they go get.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Corbin confusion; TTOC, US Embassy finger Muhammad for U-23 cock-ups
« Reply #243 on: July 02, 2015, 12:48:34 AM »
What a real mess.

Not only Corbin should have been replaced, but isn't Neil Benjamin injured?

They dropped two strikers for what ever reason (Akeem Roach and Ricardo John).

Three more is out; Corbin and Winchester (with senior team) and Benjamin (injured?).

What a shame.

No Olympic and now Pan-Am dream looks slim.

This Muhammad guy was fired and they reinstate him without proper cause and paying the price now.

Can't forget the incident with Jlloyd Samuel.

Then again, you get what you pay for.

Sorry....but.....

what happened with Muhammed and Jlloyd???

http://www.socawarriors.net/mens-senior-team/senior-team-news/senior-team-news/6284-ttff-manager-takes-jlloyd-for-a-joy-ride.html

Thanks or that, this guy's not painting himself as a picture of competence

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
sigh

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
John, Enil, Muckette drafted into squad.
T&T Guardian Reports.

The trio of US-based players Ricardo John, Aaron Enil and Dwane Muckette were drafted into the T&T men’s football team for the Pan American Games which takes place in Toronto, Canada later this month.

This was confirmed by team manager David Muhammed who stated that the trio who were all part of the Olympic (Under-23) team which ended second to St Vincent and the Grenadines in their three-team Caribbean Football Union Group qualifiers for the Rio de Janeiro 2016 Olympic Games will replace Central FC striker Dwight Quintero, goalkeeper Montell Joseph, and senior team call-up Kadeem Corbin, who left yesterday as part of the senior Soca Warriors squad for the 2015 Concacaf Gold Cup which begins in the USA on July 7.

At the Pan American Games, T&T will face Uruguay (July 13), Paraguay (July 17) and Mexico (July 21) in pool play.

Looking ahead to the tournament, T&T coach, Serbian-born Zoran Vranes who was at the helm of the T&T Olympic team which ended its qualifying campaign with a 5-0 thrashing of host Puerto Rico after a 3-5 loss to St Vincent and the Grenadines said he was pleased that his side bounced back.

“I am happy to see the boys come back and play this way. It has been a long few weeks for them, you know, preparing for the tournament and then coming here to get knocked out after one loss,” Vranes said.

“But I know their capabilities and they were able to put the loss behind them and focus on this game. I think the early start helped us and we never looked back.

“Now we have a few days to prepare for the Pan American Games. The players are anxious because they all would like to play against these quality teams. They want to do well for the country and I think this will be a great opportunity for them to go there and do something good and get the experience for the future.”

Team

Aaron Enil, Shannon Gomez, Maurice Ford, Alvin Jones, Jesus Perez, Neveal Hackshaw, Jomal Williams, Tristan Hodge, Nathaniel Garcia, Dwane Muckette, Shackeil Henry, Xavier Rajpaul, Ricardo John, Jelani Felix, Neil Benjamin Jr, Dario Holmes, Aikim Andrews, Jovan Sample.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
You have a few days to prepare for Mexico, Uruguay and Paraguay. Teams that have been preparing for this moment for who knows how long and you are looking forward to this tournament? Who are you kidding? Why do I get this sick feeling that this team and the senior team are going to be playing for pride and nothing else in these useful exercises. Nobody gets fired.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
You have a few days to prepare for Mexico, Uruguay and Paraguay. Teams that have been preparing for this moment for who knows how long and you are looking forward to this tournament? Who are you kidding? Why do I get this sick feeling that this team and the senior team are going to be playing for pride and nothing else in these useful exercises. Nobody gets fired.
No accountability. Does anyone in these organizations get evaluated?
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
st Vincent had visa problems >:( vranes will always get work in Trinidad no matter what
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 04:45:18 PM by Trini _2018 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Vincy Heat U23 Footballers Overcome Problems To Prevail
« Reply #249 on: July 08, 2015, 01:17:55 PM »
http://thevincentian.com/u-footballers-overcome-problems-to-prevail-p8419-139.htm
Vincy Heat U23 Footballers Overcome Problems To Prevail

"We are capable of competing and possibly beating anyone we take on right now,” U23 coach Wade ‘Elbir’ Jackson said, one day after returning from Puerto Rico where the team topped Group Four of the CFU Olympic Qualifiers.

By virtue of this win, the team advanced to the semi-finals of the CFU Qualifiers, where they will take on Haiti on August 14th, 2015 for a place in the final and a berth into the CONCACAF play-offs, with Qualifications for the 2016 Rio Olympic Games at stake.

The U23s played to a 2-2 draw with host Puerto Rico, and beat regional power house Trinidad and Tobago 5-3, after a serious of problems on their way to the tournament.

According to the coach, the team left here on Monday for Barbados to go through what was expected to be an easy process of obtaining visas from the US Embassy. This was not to be! It took them four days to make it into Puerto Rico after problems encountered at the Embassy.

There were similar problems faced by both Trinidad and Suriname, resulting in the latter being forced to withdraw from the tournament.

Visas granted, the team headed for Miami, where they had to spend a night in the airport before flying out the next day for Puerto Rico.

"The guys had to sleep on the floor, coiled up in chairs or on bags to pass the night; they kept their motivation by dancing to Vincy Soca music to keep themselves warm because it was really cold as well,” the coach said.
The team arrived in Puerto Rico, according to Jackson, just hours before the match, occasioning a pre-match ‘meeting on the run’.

And after setbacks and inconveniences, the players took to the field with such confidence and commitment that he knew they were going to give a good showing, Jackson said.

In that match, which ended 2-2, Puerto Rico twice went ahead through Cooper Nungent in the 10th minute and again with Joseph Marrero in the 75th , only for Solomon (12) and Oalex Anderson (80) minute to draw level.
"If we had lost that game 2-1, I would have been disappointed, but could not have asked for more from these guys….they really gave it their all,” coach Jackson admitted.

In the second match, from a 4-0 lead at half time, SVG conceded three goals in the second period of play, but came away eventual winners, 5-3.

While admitting that it was too many goals to let in, Jackson said that fatigue had eventually set in, plus there was a critical injury concern.

"Our top defender Danroy Edwards had picked up an ankle injury, but because of his importance to the team, we just could not take him off, but we were never in any danger of losing that game….we always had everything under control…yes they got some late goals, but two of those goals were rebounds from goalkeeping saves”, a confident Jackson said.

The Vincentians were piloted to victory by Tevin Slater with a hattrick ( 17, 38, 85) Anderson (19) and UK-Based Bard Miguel ( 42), while T&T got goals from Ricardo John (64, 88) and Akeem Roach (75).
Jackson and his team are looking forward to meeting Haiti, since many of the U23 were part of the U17 team which was hammered 6-1 by the Haitians in Trinidad, in 2008.
The team returns to training next Thursday.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Olympic Team Thread.
« Reply #250 on: July 09, 2015, 12:41:05 AM »
Good on 'em :)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #251 on: July 10, 2015, 02:38:03 AM »
Tim Kee vows to take responsibility for U-23’s managerial woes.
By Lasana Liburd (wired868).

The Trinidad and Tobago Women’s National Senior Team’s threatened boycott of the Toronto 2015 Pan American Games, due to a match fees row, hogged the sport media spotlight for the past two days.

However, the National Men’s Under-23 Team’s own managerial issues are arguably even more serious.

Head coach Zoran Vranes left for Toronto yesterday with a squad that had three different players from the one that manager David Muhammad announced last week. And last week’s Under-23 squad was different to the one the TTFA submitted to the Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee (TTOC) prior to that.

In fact, Vranes team has changed seven times in the past months due to Muhammad’s persistent inability to sort out passports, travel documents, registration and tournament rules within stipulated time frames for the TTOC, Toronto Pan Am Local Organising Committee (LOC), Caribbean Football Union (CFU) and the United States and Canada Embassies.

The latest alteration left Vranes without England-based goalkeeper Montell Joseph, who played in their  resounding 5-0 win over Puerto Rico. Instead, he was forced to include teenaged Jabloteh custodian Aaron Enill, who conceded five times in their decisive loss to the St Vincent and the Grenadines.

Central FC forward Dwight Quintero and versatile San Juan Jabloteh defender Josiah Trimmingham were also replaced by Virginia Tech forward Ricardo John and ex-National Under-20 midfielder Duane Muckette.

In this case, the Under-23 staff ignored rules set in place for over two months with regards to sticking to players from its provisional squad. In the same way that the Warriors turned up in Puerto Rico with 21 players—inclusive of two goalkeepers—for a 20-man tournament which insisted on every team travelling with three goalkeepers.

Ironically, Muhammad chided the CFU for its organisation, two weeks ago, and urged the Caribbean body to take a page from the Pan Am organisers.

“What the (Trinidad and Tobago) Olympic Committee did was requested a roster along with photographs, which were submitted to the Canada embassy,” Muhammad told Wired868 on 24 June, “and, through the Canadian Embassy, we got temporary accreditation which will have the same weight as a visa for the duration of the tournament.

“If the CFU wants to hold a tournament in a country where a visa is required, they could at least explore the possibility of something of that nature.”

Just over a week later, Muhammad ran afoul of the Pan Am rules as well. And, once again, Vranes’ squad will suffer for it.

“I read what you you said about it (but) I want to see Muhammad when they are through (their Pan Am campaign) because I didn’t want to exacerbate anything,” said Tim Kee. “When that is finished, there are some adjustments to be made.”

Muhammad served as manager under coaches Francisco Maturana and Russell Latapy between February 2008 and December 2010 but was relieved of his post after complaints by players and coaches.

Tim Kee, who is also the Port of Spain Mayor and PNM Treasurer, made it his first order of business as TTFA president to reintroduce Muhammad in 2013.

“I knew the MO of the previous advisor (Jack Warner) was that if he didn’t like you for any particular reason you would be out the next day,” said Tim Kee. “Everyone knew that. At that time, I felt that is exactly what happened and I objected to it. I felt the best thing to do was to fix it.

“Now that this thing has come out, the reason could be different…”

Tim Kee admitted that he did not try to ascertain information on Muhammad’s previous stint as team manager before re-hiring him.

“Nobody had come and said anything about (his previous stint as manager) including the general secretary at the time (Richard Groden),” said Tim Kee. “So I went by what David told me and because I knew David and I trusted him…

“I knew David from the Nation of Islam. I knew (Louis) Farrakhan mentioned David was his representative here. And based on that…”

The National Under-23 Team faces Uruguay, Paraguay and Mexico on July 13, July 17 and July 21 in Toronto. The two team teams will advance to the Pan Am semifinals.

(National Under-23 Team run-down)

Pan American squad (revealed on June 29): Jovan Sample, Shannon Gomez, Alvin Jones, Dario Holmes, Maurice Ford, Jesus Perez, Tristan Hodge, Jelani Felix, Neveal Hackshaw, Xavier Rajpaul, Jomal Williams, Aikim Andrews, Nathaniel Garcia, Shackiel Henry, Neil Benjamin.

Withdrawn due to Gold Cup selection: Kadeem Corbin.

Failed to get accreditation: Montell Joseph, Dwight Quintero, Josiah Trimmingham.

Late inclusions: Aaron Enill, Duane Muckette, Ricardo John.

Olympic qualifying players excluded from Pan Am Team: Leland Archer, Akeem Roach, Martieon Watson, Jabari Mitchell.

Travelled to Olympic qualifiers but not properly registered: Adrian Welch, Keane McIvor.

Withdrawn from Olympic qualifiers due to visa issues and not recalled: Jibiri McDavid.

Unavailable due to Gold Cup selection: Rundell Winchester.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 10, 2015, 07:44:48 AM »
“Nobody had come and said anything about (his previous stint as manager) including the general secretary at the time (Richard Groden),” said Tim Kee. “So I went by what David told me and because I knew David and I trusted him…

“I knew David from the Nation of Islam. I knew (Louis) Farrakhan mentioned David was his representative here. And based on that…”
[/u]

for a big grown professional man Tim Kee does talk tata sometimes eh

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 10, 2015, 08:41:17 AM »
Is Tim Kee a Muslim?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 10, 2015, 11:12:42 AM »

[/u]

for a big grown professional man Tim Kee does talk tata sometimes eh

so he reinstate ah man without consultin all d stakeholders and den does wonder why he does get so much flak....mohammed is a terrible team manager.......is how much instances of "don't care damn" mishaps on he record again...............better than dat Timkee ....yuh give yuh spiritual breddar ah bligh and he muck it up again......for d umpteenth time...end of story
I pity the fool....

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 10, 2015, 03:36:57 PM »
Mr mayor / president of TTFA Ray Tim Kee  with all due respect  is that your presentation / factual reasoning for re hiring David Muhummad ?  well boy  we in real trouble  oui ....and you want another 4 years to head the TTFA  as President  yuh got to be joking  ... this is real laughable l 

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 16, 2015, 07:30:21 PM »
Haiti edges Cuba 1-0 to win the U-23 Caribbean Olympic championship

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 30, 2016, 08:32:14 PM »
Colombia edge USA to end drought
FIFA.com

Colombia are through to their first Men’s Olympic Football Tournament for 24 years after a battling 2-1 win over USA in Frisco, Texas on Tuesday.

The home side boasted a narrow advantage heading into the match after collecting a 1-1 draw in Barranquilla last week.

Colombia’s Roger Martinez proved to be the hero for the visitors, with the Racing Club striker scoring midway through each half.

USA, who had two players sent off in the latter stages, levelled just before the hour mark through a Deiver Machado own goal.

Colombia, however, held on to join Argentina at Rio 2016 as South American representatives.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 30, 2016, 10:48:03 PM »
TTFA has to take most of the blame for our U-23 not making it to the play-offs.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How important is Olimpic football to Brazil?
« Reply #259 on: August 03, 2016, 05:58:29 AM »
Forum, Olympic football starts today!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 03, 2016, 02:47:00 PM »
2008 article?

Damn!  :o
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 03, 2016, 02:53:01 PM »
Brazil just beat China 3-0.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 03, 2016, 04:51:00 PM »
Germany 6 - Zimbabwe 1.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #263 on: August 03, 2016, 05:43:51 PM »
Hope 'Zika' Solo

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Rio Olympics Football Tournament Thread
« Reply #264 on: August 04, 2016, 02:43:13 PM »
83rd min. South Africa with 10 men scoreless with Brazil.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #265 on: August 04, 2016, 02:54:55 PM »
Not a good start for Brazil. They had chances against 10 men but put nothing away.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 04, 2016, 02:56:14 PM »
This game was like TT-Sweden in Germany.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 04, 2016, 04:17:15 PM »

A lot of pressure on both Brazil men and women teams to win the Gold at home

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 04, 2016, 04:19:03 PM »
Colombia 1 vs Sweden 0. They talked about this is a Zika games. I seeing moths fleeing around inside the stadium.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 04, 2016, 04:58:09 PM »
Just now catching my first action of the Games. Tuned in the last few minutes to see Sweden's equalizer to end the first half, and Argentina almost scoring a losing bicycle kick.

Cyah believe it: Olympic coverage on at least 8 stations. Stunning.

1]; } ?>