7 (12.5%)
3-2-3-2
12 (21.4%)
3-6-1
2 (3.6%)
4-5-1
8 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: Thread for the TRI vs GUA game.  (Read 30565 times)

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: Thread for the TRI vs GUA game.
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2005, 07:18:59 PM »
ppl talking about fourth spot.

Quite frankly we can beat Guat and Mex at home and beating CR abroad is not impossible.

I doh friten CR,...but that altitude is a bitch.
We gave them all they could handle back in 1989...two offside goas...and they manage a 1-0 victory.

We might shock a lot of ppl. But beating Guat. is of the essence. Ah looking for a 2-0 victory.

Peace,
VB

I know we have to cross the hurdles as we come to them and right now Guat is the main focus, but why are folks talking Mex so lightly and overlooking them.  The kinda pounding that coach getting even after doing so well in the ConFed Cup he not going to be looking to give away any wins, so if allyuh counting points vs Mex  allyuh better wait for them eggs to be hatched.

Offline rotato poti 2

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2005, 11:13:54 PM »
I find dat all allyuh so called 'patriots' should stop wastin allyuh precious internet time, allyuh energy and all dat goes with it....to supporting de soca warriors in their so called 'road to germany'. I remember that fateful day (November 19th) 1989 when Michael Maurice had de 'sun in meh eye'. After that was '94 for sure'....and so on....and so on. A set of dire, heartwrenching disappointments. Now, doh get meh wrong. Ah love Trinidad, ah did love de strike squad. But yuh dee all dem waste of spem like Stern John (he really need some stern disciplne), Yorke (boy Dwight yuh should go back to Aussie, and stop wasting Jack Warner money on round de world flights), etc, etc.....
All of we should do like Shaka and turn we back on a losing 'effort'....cause ah does never see one ounce of spiret in any of dem fellas. Let dem go back to dey second and third division clubs, and stop wasting all of we time. None of dem deserve MY support.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2005, 03:50:18 AM »
I'm not 100% sure if this is accurate, but I took it off the Guatemala Newspapers.....

The last test for Guatemala on tactical play before traveling to Trinidad and Tobago.
By:  Fernando Lopez R. Antonio.

Guatemala national side trained Wednesday behind closed doors, where the technician Ramon Maradiaga worked with the eleven that will face Trinidad and Tobago Saturday, at 4:30pm. If the selection of the squad used in training yesterday had faced Trinidad and Tobago it would have been a tactical system in 4-4-2, with Gustavo Cabrera in replacement for suspended Pablo Melgar and ball winner Fredy Thompson instead of attacking Carlos Figueroa. The technician Ramon Maradiaga took the day to do what the flame, "game reality".  To 14:30 he went to the field for practice with the group and work behind closed doors. He had four defenders in the beginning, with Élmer Ponciano, Víctor Hernandez, Selvyn Ponciano and Angel Sanabria. Whereas in midfield were Carlos Figueroa, Rigoberto Gomez, Gonzalo Romero and Guillermo Ramirez. In the offensive Carlos Ruiz and Juan Carlos Plata. In the second half, Maradiaga made some changes and integrated the eleven that could be the team for Saturday. In defense was the inclusion of Gustavo Cabrera; then experience Julio Girón replaced Rigoberto, on the right Freddy Thompson in for Figueroa. And the attack Freddy Garcia in for Plata and Carlos Ruiz played to the end. The idea of Maradiaga is to maintain a balance. When attacking, Guatemala would go with five men. Thompson and Ramirez, on the wings, Romero in the center, next to Freddy Garcia, and Palata next to Carlos Ruiz. With the same formation, midfield will be populated by five players, those that will have the task of recovering the ball and of avoiding that Trinidad and Tobago are armed in the offensive. The training of Guatemala was in the morning before the they left for Port of Spain, where the slogan is to obtain a good result.

By: Gabriela Districts, Eddy Recinos, Mario Linares.

Leo Beenhakker, I can work with the same joy and the same interest in a youthful team, that in a team of figures and stars. Which you would say that you are the great strength of Trinidad and Tobago, it is that physical strength that characterizes to the Caribbean equipment?  No, no. Trinidad does not have so much physical. There are other countries of here, like Jamaica, that are much more strong equipment. In addition, it is not necessary to forget that most of these players they do not play here for many years, they play abroad. I have players who are in England, Scotland and in the United States.  It is an equipment that does not have an own face. There is not a group that plays in its own country, as it happens with Guatemala. Trinidad is a mixture of several styles of soccer. But then, it could say that one is a weakness, because you have great players, but not by force a great team. It is thus. On the one hand, for the players it is good to improve to go to a foreign league. But to prepare to a national team they only are in the official dates of FIFA. In addition, the majority must travel very often. The return of Russell Latapy to the selection, is something as well as what Panama when returning to the brothers Dely Valdés did, a leadership, motivation blow?  It is the same idea. We gambled our last opportunity to qualify for the World Cup and tried to look for the best players. Russell has not played for several years with the national side, I do not know what circumstances, nor I want to know why. The last result of Guatemala and Trinidad was a 5-1 victiry. I have seen the game on DVD... and only have the sensation, yet my respect, that in the first place Guatemala did not win, Trinidad lost that game, because they have had very many errors, that Guatemala took advantage of very well. How he anticipates that Saturday will play Guatemala? I believe that with the advantage that Guatemala has, of three points, they are not going to attack here like crazy people. On the other hand it is a team which likes to play soccer, and in that sense I wait for an open game. Do he knows of Guatemala coach Ramon Maradiaga ?  No.  I do not know him... good, I know who he is. He said, he knows how he plays, what scheme he uses?  Ahhh... scheme... soccer does not have secrets. At the moment there is television, there is Internet, there is DVD, it has everything. Only good memories. I have worked in Mexico twice, in general I was three seasons in Mexico. And of Real Madrid...  Also good memories... have been fantastic to work four years with this team, with great players, nothing else but the most professional club of the world. I am not now in the end of my race. I am 40 years old in football. But nothing would be better than to end up qualifying Trinidad to the World Cup. Logically yes, it could be a good aim to finish a long and important race with a World Cup. That would be something great... but if no, it does not pass anything, because I continue thinking that I had a very dedicated race, that many things in my professional life have passed me.

Experience Julio Girón, who lives another adventure and another illusion in search of being in a class of the World. From his arrival to the National team, Ramon Maradiaga has taken him much confidence in him. He was scorer before Panama and have great possibilities of repeating again against Trinidad and Tobago. "We will face Trinidad of the same form that to Panama, because also it is a crucial game and God wants everything comes out well", he indicated.  For the player the average field will be determining in the game on Saturday.  "the bounces that remain in the average field will be fundamental and we must take it to them to avoid that they are armed in the offensive", considered.  "one has worked in all the details that can be presented/displayed in the game, in addition the trinitenses finish changing of technician have shown improvement to T&T. It will be a difficult game ", shared.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 04:39:48 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2005, 05:02:12 AM »
All of we should do like Shaka and turn we back on a losing 'effort'....cause ah does never see one ounce of spirit in any of dem fellas. Let dem go back to dey second and third division clubs, and stop wasting all of we time. None of dem deserve MY support.

You eh showing no kind of spirit as a supporter. Where is yuh national pride? Based on we performances, yuh have a right tuh be vex, tuh complain etc., but to turn yuh back on de team until dey start winning does not help de cause. Just as how we want dem tuh give 110% on de field, we as supporters need tuh support dem 110%. Doh treat it like an equation, if dem give de effort I go give de effort, if dem eh show nutten den me eh showing nutten. De team needs unconditional support. If you cannot or are unwilling tuh do dat den please make way for someone else.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2005, 06:03:25 AM »
I find dat all allyuh so called 'patriots' should stop wastin allyuh precious internet time, allyuh energy and all dat goes with it....to supporting de soca warriors in their so called 'road to germany'. I remember that fateful day (November 19th) 1989 when Michael Maurice had de 'sun in meh eye'. After that was '94 for sure'....and so on....and so on. A set of dire, heartwrenching disappointments. Now, doh get meh wrong. Ah love Trinidad, ah did love de strike squad. But yuh dee all dem waste of spem like Stern John (he really need some stern disciplne), Yorke (boy Dwight yuh should go back to Aussie, and stop wasting Jack Warner money on round de world flights), etc, etc.....
All of we should do like Shaka and turn we back on a losing 'effort'....cause ah does never see one ounce of spiret in any of dem fellas. Let dem go back to dey second and third division clubs, and stop wasting all of we time. None of dem deserve MY support.

Why even come on this message board?
TnT Patriot

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2005, 06:34:35 AM »
Good wok Flex....

Tallman allyuh doh study pottong1 he looking for attention... he representing he name.

Allyuh study this line up here so..

After some serious thinking, I feel de best line up for Guatemala is.

Jack
Cox        Andrews      Avery
      Spann          Sancho
Edwards    Birchall       Wolfe
                Latapy
                Yorke

Guatemala coming through de center, so we need to play 2 defensive midfielders who capable of going forward and falling back to help we 3 defenders. I also feel Wolfe should get a chance over Whitley on de left, I like Yorke and Latapy in midfield, but Stern not doing much on top so Yorke is we only hope.

Subs:

Whitley for Wolfe 46th.

Sealy for Birchall 65th, dropping Latapy back in central and moving Whitley to help Yorke on top and Sealy going left wing, simply because Sealy/Yorke, Yorke/John or Sealy/John is a bad combo, them men dont like to run at defenders and shoot, so this is why Whitley will do good with one of them.

John for Yorke 80th.

Holy shit...We have no killer forwards allyuh..... Jones and Glen we miss allyuh boy. I feel Leo should call in a forward or an attacking player to replace players who may not even make de team but on de squad like Anton Pierre and Cyd Gray even, or just call in Nixon to replace injured Samuel or something, we need attacking options if we have to win this game, we cant have forwards who dont shoot. Anybody could mark Stern John, anybody.. just push him a little and he lorse he head or fall out of the game.

Blood in allyuh fcoking shoes..... Blood.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 06:51:21 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2005, 06:51:05 AM »
I'd be shocked if Wolfe even makes the 18 man squad for this match

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2005, 06:57:36 AM »
Arrow, tell meh yuh eh like that squad though.... maybe just Wolfe might not be there... or maybe Nakhid might take ah run to..

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2005, 07:21:15 AM »
Pottong, go back to the back of San Juan and talk your shite by yourself there. if u have nothing good to say, then say nothing at all! Shaka never turn his back on anybody either so it just magnifies your ignorance on the subject and the team. Wha's the last game u see? Name 10 men on the team? Yeah i seeing u right now trying to scroll through other posts to answer that question...til then, keep off the board,nah.  :devil:

Fellas...explain that 3-2-3-2 formation men voting for in that poll...I really cah visualize it with the personnel we have.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2005, 07:30:38 AM »
Its basically a 3-5-2 interchanging with 3-2-3-2... we have 2 central men under de midfield dropping back through center to help de defence out and bring out de ball to midfield as well and also adding steel in midfield by winning the balls coming at we so de more attacking players could focus on attacking. It make sense, because we defence slow through center so these 2 players can add some power through center pushing de wing backs to counter as well, is gives us alot of options either was.

EG:

So de defence could look like this when we defending..

Cox        Andrews      Avery
      Spann          Sancho
Edwards                   Wolfe

We attack could look like this when we attacking..

Sancho
Edwards    Spann   Birchall   Wolfe
            Latapy   Yorke

We counter attack could look like this also....

Cox                            Avery
Edwards   Spann  Birchall    Wolfe
           Yorke     Latapy

Leaving Sanho and Andrews at the back, fast and slow to clean up if anything and Cox and Avery overlapping and supporting Edwards and Wolfe on de wing, and Spann running through center with Birchall with Latapy moving forward to help Yorke.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 07:46:00 AM by Flex »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2005, 08:01:13 AM »
I feel Edwards not ready for a 90'. plus Whitley want the position  :) from some report ah read. So would you start Edwards and sub him, or start someone else and use Edwards as a sub (as he has been doing) ?
I prefer the later.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2005, 08:39:24 AM »
Thanx Sam...I understood the concept tho, I just wasn't seeing who were the 2 players we could use in the deep lying midfield roles. Tha's what Bertille was trying to do with Rahim, Eve and Boucaud with his 3-5-2, where they just wasn't getting the job done. But with Sancho there, i guess you just picturing one of the others playing that role. A natural ball winner in the middle of the park...that's all we need to make the side successful. Some steel there...steups.

MaxG, if Edwards not ready for the 90,is better to start him in my opinion in case he break down again. I could just picture him coming off the bench and having to leave the field again in about 10 minutes after we use all our subs (knock on wood). I seeing beenie using Latas as a second striker rather than in the midfield role(if he bench stern)...he strike me as a man who fraid to put faith in the youths
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2005, 09:05:40 AM »
Spidey,On the Edwards thing, if yuh start him and he give a solid 15-25 then yuh have to sub him, yuh miht be going from strength to weaker.
If yuh play someone else (Whitley or whoever) and they having a good game, no change necessary, but if it is not working out, then Carlos can come on and give a solid 15-25 in second half, yuh goin from weak to strength. I think Luton has been using him the last 15, by the time he bun, match dun anyway..

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2005, 09:24:00 AM »
Spidey,On the Edwards thing, if yuh start him and he give a solid 15-25 then yuh have to sub him, yuh miht be going from strength to weaker.
If yuh play someone else (Whitley or whoever) and they having a good game, no change necessary, but if it is not working out, then Carlos can come on and give a solid 15-25 in second half, yuh goin from weak to strength. I think Luton has been using him the last 15, by the time he bun, match dun anyway..

I don't think Luton is just using him for 15 minutes because he's not fit, he has been training for a couple weeks now and went the full 90 in a reserve match last week so he should be fit enough to go at least a 60 mins for T&T.  Don't forget he moved up a division so he just has to earn his place on that side, just like all of our players over there in UK riding bench right now.  And that's almost our whole side.

Offline BelizeStriker

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2005, 11:32:02 AM »
I know Central American footbal very well espcially Guatemalan i live 30 Mins from the guatemala border and we get thier games. There National squad is Basesd of player from there coutry powerhouse Municipal bancafe who is all the current UNCAF champions beating the Sapprisa of Costa rica,

that being said there pedigree of football is much superior than trinidad local football
not only that there midfield have more chemistry being very home based and having time together i saw the panama vs guatemala game  this is not the Gold cup squad they sent this a much more tighther marking squad , they held the ball in the panama's  goal area 64% area and attack the hell out of it.
That Ruiz fella is in top form but he is Much more than Dwight ( yes i said dwight yorke) he can put em away in da air and the ground  he can do it against  tall jamaican backs ( 3 times )
 but you should be lucky that dwight pezzarossi is not playing there the guates consistent player in europe and he put those two rockets behind shaka hislop,

i know T&T has a lot of great over sea players, but do the peaces fit? is lapaty  fit to play International football?guatemala has plenty of players over seas and 1 defender in poland's top flight( is not playing)
this is not like road to france 98 this country is 12 million deep and football mad. they have lots of good prospect in the states just like Trinidad has in the UK

all im saying is dont doubt the guatemalan midgets good luck i will be hoping for clean, well offciated match.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2005, 11:33:37 AM »
Arrow, i does play a full 90 in O45 League,score all kinda goal, an after 15 in O35 ah begging for change...Fitness depends on the level of competition, the injured leg could only take a certain amount of pressure under higher intensity...like WCQ, this eh no reserve game.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2005, 11:45:47 AM »
Alyuh Pottong1 is a perfect example of the fickle Trini fan.

He/she/it........... have Nov19th tabanca and has not recovered.

But he/she/it makes up about 80% of the fan base. The next 10% neither here nor there, and just looking for lime.

The other 10% scattered in foreign and I feel is only 1-2% of locals that die hard.

When I went KFC two days ago to buy my ticket, a girl in the line say...............hrm you paying money to watch them losers.

Now if she was better looking or appeared that she coulda carry on a decent conversation, I may have attempted to buss a small pips and instill some national pride in her but she is one of them lost cause people like pottong1.

Funny thing is, if we qualify them same people is the first ones to jump up and down.

Fellas doe study he/she/it.

We are one big family here......and while we does argue amongst weself sometimes, its a love that only we can understand. Its a sacrifice and a sense of belonging that they just doe get........and will never get.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2005, 11:53:29 AM »
Arrow, i does play a full 90 in O45 League,score all kinda goal, an after 15 in O35 ah begging for change...Fitness depends on the level of competition, the injured leg could only take a certain amount of pressure under higher intensity...like WCQ, this eh no reserve game.

I understand that fully and believe me I said the same thing you are saying when some men here were bawling about Edwards playing in that reserve match which was the day before the USA game - they felt if he could play in that game he should have been playing for T&T.   Check it here
But that was 2 weeks ago so all I am saying is there's a good chance that he's back fit again but he needs to fight his way back into the starting lineup.  I not a doctor and neither of us know for sure what his fitness level is, I'm just providing an alternate view of the situation.  8)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 11:55:04 AM by arrow »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2005, 12:10:31 PM »
ah hear yuh, buh ah still won't start him..i'd give whitley anudda shot

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2005, 12:11:10 PM »
Guatemalan news, and radio staion

http://www.lared.com.gt/

Its just to translate the news with a online translation program and we set.

Use this site if you cyar get any local radio feeds and yuh cable stickin.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2005, 12:40:28 PM »
ah hear yuh, buh ah still won't start him..i'd give whitley anudda shot

that reminds me, where was the report you read that says whitely wants to play right wing?  Beenie never used him in that position before.  a more likely replacement for carlos on the right I thought would be birchall.  whitely was the replacement for samuel on the left last time so i figured that's where he'll be

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2005, 12:52:02 PM »
I was joking, nah actually ah did kno ah fella name Joe King and is the most serious person yuh ever meet.

it was based on the ' Magician' all set to perform Post/article
Here is an excerpt
"Edwards, who missed the Concacaf Gold Cup Finals and USA qualifier due to injury, picked up a slight knock on his right foot in a tackle with Whitley and had to sit out the remainder of the session.
But it is not said to be a serious injury and he was expected to train in the afternoon session. "

So I try to say With some Wit someting bout Whit, that he...yuh enh get it
ok..ok.. If ah guy want...blah..blah.. :D
bad joke

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2005, 01:17:11 PM »
oh god man I have to reach quite over in a nex thread to connect de jokes now  ???  nice one though :D

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2005, 05:12:29 PM »
Anybody who forgot to check the other section of this Forum called "Gols Galore Trinbago style" please do so now to get yourself in a real good mood for Saturday. Those fellas really inspire me.  Fantastic goals. By the way, that first goal scored by Angus Eve was that a defense splitting pass by Theobold? Somebody please confirm because it is PERFECTLY weighted. Depending on the speed of your computer, give the videos a few secs to load up.  Tallman, Would you consider having the goal videos kept on the front page of the main forum for this week? They are really worth it.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2005, 08:43:13 PM »
Anybody who forgot to check the other section of this Forum called "Gols Galore Trinbago style" please do so now to get yourself in a real good mood for Saturday. Those fellas really inspire me.  Fantastic goals. By the way, that first goal scored by Angus Eve was that a defense splitting pass by Theobold? Somebody please confirm because it is PERFECTLY weighted. Depending on the speed of your computer, give the videos a few secs to load up.  Tallman, Would you consider having the goal videos kept on the front page of the main forum for this week? They are really worth it.

Its not only the pass that is good it is the run that cre4ated the opportunity it was basically a straight ball but a perfectly timed run at a nie angle to beat the defender....u can create a pass without the right run...well executed play ...doh understand why angus being  frozen out.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2005, 08:55:17 PM »
TnT come on    lets do this!!!!!!!!   Kick off  in 42 an a half

btw  i'm a full warrior now lol

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2005, 12:03:39 AM »
I know Central American footbal very well espcially Guatemalan i live 30 Mins from the guatemala border and we get thier games. There National squad is Basesd of player from there coutry powerhouse Municipal bancafe who is all the current UNCAF champions beating the Sapprisa of Costa rica,

that being said there pedigree of football is much superior than trinidad local football
not only that there midfield have more chemistry being very home based and having time together i saw the panama vs guatemala game  this is not the Gold cup squad they sent this a much more tighther marking squad , they held the ball in the panama's  goal area 64% area and attack the hell out of it.
That Ruiz fella is in top form but he is Much more than Dwight ( yes i said dwight yorke) he can put em away in da air and the ground  he can do it against  tall jamaican backs ( 3 times )
 but you should be lucky that dwight pezzarossi is not playing there the guates consistent player in europe and he put those two rockets behind shaka hislop,

i know T&T has a lot of great over sea players, but do the peaces fit? is lapaty  fit to play International football?guatemala has plenty of players over seas and 1 defender in poland's top flight( is not playing)
this is not like road to france 98 this country is 12 million deep and football mad. they have lots of good prospect in the states just like Trinidad has in the UK

all im saying is dont doubt the guatemalan midgets good luck i will be hoping for clean, well offciated match.

Welcome BelizeStriker.   That is an excellent first post!   I appreciate the incisive and cautionary nature  of your remarks.   If we smash Guatemala I believe that some folks in Belize City and Belmopan will be jumping and waving with us. One love.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
A Dread Midfield !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2005, 05:31:53 AM »

Play with Blood in Your Shoes - The "Double Dreds" Russell Latapy (left) and Silvio Spann go through their paces in training on Wednesday. T&T go into battle against Guatemala at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Sat Sept 3 from 4:30pm.... Photo: Shaun Fuentes.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2005, 06:47:48 AM »
Again, my translation not to accurate, so dont hold me to anything, I got these of the Guatemala Press..

Guatemala arrives in Trinidad after a 6 hour flight. The airplane took 150 passengers, 40 of the National Team (between technical body, players and directors), 80 passengers with paid ticket, 25 lucky people who won with promotions, and the rest altogether, journalists who traveled to cover the game tomorrow. But the attention was concentrated in the row of seats of Julio Girón, Mainor Dávila and Rigoberto Gomez, when this last one removed his portable computer.  Dávila was by a film in DVD (Troy) and began the function deprived on the Caribbean Sea. The Fish, privileged While the racket was higher, Carlos Ruiz, traveled calm in the executive class. This time accompanied with the technical body and directive, Gonzalo Romero and Guillermo Ramirez. Selvin Ponciano returns to Trinidad and Tobago to correct the errors of 16 years ago, when he arrived with the Guatemala U-17 team at a premundialista youthful match, in which they did not qualify. Now it is on time and with chance to leave the island with a victory. Selvin Ponciano is again in the island.  No longer he is same chiquillo of 16 years ago (when he played for the first time for the national side), but a mature player now, with a tranquillity that has infected to him to the Guatemalan defensive zone. He goes in search of revenge to a painful defeat in 1989.  "When I arrived I remembered of the first time that I came with the youthful selection;  first international experience was my;  they were other circumstances. It was sad because we were eliminated, but always is one second opportunity to correct and to leave here winning ", expressed Ponciano as his arrival to the island. The first trip arrived at the island and the quadrangular one was before Honduras, the United States and the premises, Trinidad and Tobago. Ponciano remembers that he played like steering wheel of containment and not of central defense, where he seems that he will play tomorrow. They only gained the first encounter before the catrachos and lost both following to be outside. "I come to revert that, because this selection is different;  all we come with the intention to win, although we know that Trinidad is pressed and can be that it is its last opportunity to go to a World-Cup.  We must be concentrated. I want to go out with a victory here. One which is a personal revenge", concluded Ponciano.
Four players who today integrate the greater selection return to Trinidad and Tobago with the same idea that they had when they did it in U-20 in 2000: To qualify for the World-Cup.  Fredy Thompson, Víctor Hernandez, Paulo Caesar Motta and Maynor Dávila were five years ago in Trinidad and Tobago. The four were part of the process U-20 that played, in that country, the last phase of the preworld-cup match. Nevertheless, the memories are not the best ones, but the fact to be today in the greater team in search of the qualification for Germany 2006, they confirms that all the long crossed and all the learned lessons they have been worth the trouble.  "Memories... I believe that they are not most pleasing. Here, in Trinidad, I received the worse humiliation than I have had in my soccer life: lost 5-0 against the United States, and a 8-0 against Costa Rica ", remembers Víctor Hernandez. For Fredy Thompson, Trinidad represents a mixture of feelings. He was part of the U-20 team that saw truncated the mundialista dream of a bitter form, but also was in Trinidad where he made his debut with a greater team, three years ago, in the process that directed to Julio Courteous Caesar. "It brings pleasing memories to Me.  Here reality was made me the dream make debut with a greater team", assures.

Dwight Yorke is without a doubt the great leader of the team of Trinidad and Tobago, and next to Russell Latapy he heads the challenge to qualify his tea to the World-Cup in Germany 2006. The player - who represents the development of Trinidad soccer after his incursion in Liga Premiership England- gives his vision about the game, of the mentality that prevail in his selection and of the influence that Leo Beenhakker philosophy has had in the team that will fight to assure a ticket for the World Cup. In front of has one day left for the game against Guatemala, how he waits for that moment?  We are moved... to play Guatemala will be difficult. We know that we must winn this game to remain in the fight to qualify for the World Cup. For that reason, we know the important thing that it is to winn Saturday. We played the last game against the United States before Guatemala, that was a painful defeat for Trinidad. But now we must put those things far from us. We know that Guatemala is not a team with much superior over us, although we respect them like rivals. We are going to match them and to demonstrate of which we are able Saturday. How he sees the fight that is there between the four selections that look for a direct position in the eliminatory one? He is very interesting, very fought.  Game after game are changes, the team that did it well in the previous date go and lose in the following one, and that maintains to us with life to the four. I believe that anyone of the four teams can qualify for the third place, and for that reason we must obtain a good result Saturday it is fundamental. He will continue being the captain...?  That I hope! With the presence of Russell Latapy in the team, one knows that the responsibility will be for one of both. I have had the fortune to play for a long time with Russell, he is a great player. I know the leader he is, what he can do on the field, and what his pressece means on this tea. For the challenge that we have Saturday, all its experience will be fundamental. Of what Trinidad must be taken care of when they play Guatemala? Simply, we are going to leave on match day. We know Guatemala, we respected them, but we are going to be very difficult to them on our field. We are going to play since we know to do it.  We want to shape the good atmosphere, the effort and the confidence that is there in this team.  Trinidad is another team with Beenhakker than it was with Bertille St Clair? Yes, it is different. Different trainer also means different personality, ideas, style, mentality. Everything is different. With this trainer, the team has progressed, we have learn much from him.

In Trinidad still they are left resabios of the day of Independence: Hung flags on the ceilings, flags red, black and white, and pennants of such colors also. Thus it found the selection Guatemalan this island, in where it will face a crucial day in search of the mundialista dream. The colors that they identify to the Trinidadians are in favor of all sides: in the Piarco airport, on the streets, the buildings and even in the Kapok hotel, where the team is concentrated staying. Delayed In the outskirts of the airport, the taxi drivers who dress white guayaberas to be identified easily, crowded around themselves around the screen that announces the arrival of the flights, while they commented:  "Guatemala...  what flight is that ".  Until one of them, expert one in soccer matter said to them:  "they come to the soccer match against the Warriors". In effect, the normal itinerary of the flights that land in Trinidad, was altered with the arrival of chárter 9950 of Marks Air, that transported the Team. To the 16,58 hours in Trinidad, that has two hours in front of the Guatemalan schedule, the airplane landed. But it was one hour and quarter later that the group appeared. They say well that in the Caribbean everything goes slow, Trinidad is the Caribbean, and after the celebration of Independence everything marched still more slow. And the process to check immigration in Trinidad requires of a special ceremony. The migratory agent takes the passport, looks for the seal of the visa that emits the consulate, does not understand it, she consults it, and finally she accepts it. She takes the passport, she puts a round seal to it, with two spaces to fill by hand, and does the same in the form of data that distribute within the airplane. She returns to look for the visa to see the number and to fill the spaces with lapicero, and one takes leave: "Welcome to Trinidad". For that reason, the exit of the Guatemalan team was delayed a hour and a quarter, until finally the suitcases came return in the merry-go-round belt. Each one of the members of the team took their luggage and left supposedly directly to the bus that transported them to the Kapok hotel, located to 40 minutes from the airport, sometimes that can be 50 or 60 minutes. Finally, the team settled in the concentration hotel and made a regenerative session of half an hour in the swimming pool. Soon, they had supper and they went away to rest. Agenda In the hotel. To the 15:00 local time (13 of Guatemala) the National team will be in the stage Hasely Crawford Stadium. In the recognition it is had contemplated to make a small heating, char it of the technician Ramon Maradiaga and movements with ball.

Carlos "the Fish" Ruiz caught when arriving at the airport in Port of Spain, in the island of Trinidad and Tobago.  Photo Presses Frees:  Mario Linares.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 07:11:11 AM by Flex »

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2005, 08:06:50 AM »
check dis lineup

jack

cox                    dog                      avery

sancho                 birchall

spann                 latas                    edwards

yorke                sealy

mistakes are stepping stones to success