7 (12.5%)
3-2-3-2
12 (21.4%)
3-6-1
2 (3.6%)
4-5-1
8 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: Thread for the TRI vs GUA game.  (Read 30571 times)

Offline Platt

• New Warrior
  • I and I love Soca.
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the TRI vs GUA game.
« Reply #180 on: September 03, 2005, 05:00:40 PM »
I don't think that anyone is going to believe me, but I was on my knees in the 85th minute, I swear!

I will also be on my knees when Ireland is about to knock France out of the qualification on wednesday, believe me!

Gott mit uns!
Hopefully we will see you Trinis next year over here in Germany. Do your best!

It will be a big party...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #181 on: September 03, 2005, 05:12:59 PM »
Thanx for the support......
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline anfield89

• New Warrior
  • TH14 - GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 03, 2005, 05:15:35 PM »
Come on, someone talk us through the goals....

...bet the atmosphere was crazy, can imagine the Guatamalans collapsing in a heap at the final whistle...
There are two types of people in this world - those who like The Smiths and those who don't....

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This win.
« Reply #183 on: September 03, 2005, 05:16:19 PM »
HAS GIVEN US 3 VERY VALUABLE POINTS, BUT JUST AS IMPORTANTLY, IT HAS GIVEN US AND THE WARRIORS BELIEF IN THEM AGAIN.

WHAT A BOOST IN THE ARM FOR BEENHAKKER AND HIS TROOPS.

A DRAW WITH CR AND PANAMA WILL BE PERFECT FOR US I FEEL.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Storebay
« Reply #184 on: September 03, 2005, 05:18:29 PM »
When the video going up...thanks in advance

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #185 on: September 03, 2005, 05:28:57 PM »
I think Avery John got a yellow, if this is right he will miss the CRC game...
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 03, 2005, 05:35:13 PM »
Fellas we have to qualify from pts and not goal difference.Because we still 5th with dat victory because of the Guatemala first game.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 03, 2005, 05:39:52 PM »
Fellas, ah still having chills from the game.  Ah leave ah bar in Union City 200++ Guatemalans and 3 Trini.  Ah make noise, ah blow meh whistle, ah humble meh self when it was 2-1 but at the end I thanked the Guatemalans for being such gracious hosts.

Latas is Boss, but fellas all yuh have to look at the position Yorke play and understand that he is boss.  Dwight played one in front the sweeper and was magnificent.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 03, 2005, 07:32:31 PM »
Oh GAWD fellas... This is FF here
It was Me, Strip, Monty and 3 waggonists in de Spanish bar on Jamaica Avenue... We was pack up like in bricks in dey with about 200 Guats... lord fellas.. i still eh recover.... the best part was de third goal when de video feed went down... the men who was in de various bars go know what ah talkin bout... talk bout suspense... because it had a suspicion of offside... but I was jumpin up ayway...
Well ah go leave de official match report and dem to Touches and de local base.... but I go give yuh ah rundown of de goals
Guatemala 1st goal was a bullet freekick what defelct off Dog totally wrong footing Jack in de 3rd minute... ah know everybody groan and say not again!!!

Latapy goal was brilliance!! (A good wukkin old ting better than a new ting, anytime... anytime)
He collect on top de box and start to advance... hit de defender one ... two fan... send him de wrong way and place it beautifully with he left foot in de left corner....(ee ooh aye come check de danger whoooooaaaaa... Latapy in ah de area) Goal of de week ting.... in fact all de goals was real nice

De second goal was bound to come we had them under siege.... but then de unthinkable happen... Guatemala score on a lightning counter attack... it end up 3 guats against dog and sancho..so guess who win that one...

Then when hope was slipping away Latapy get de ball after some intricate knocking... he beat one.... scotland make a dummy run... he see Stern free on de left ah de box... he steups... he look away.. three defenders come.... he say f**k... alright stern look de ball.... On a platter!!! Well boy Stern let go ah one time placed shot from a slight angle across de keeper in de far corner... is Pandemoium break out...

Then b4 I could recover and calm down.... after some nice knocking again... Yorke collect on top de box and chip forward... de whole ah guatemala defence step forward... leaving Stern and Dog (yes Dog) alone with de keeper... Stern take on he chest and in one sweet confident motion slap it in de roof of the net from about 10 yards out... cue more Pandemonium with the guats appealing for offside... then de video feed went down leaving everybody wondering if it was indeed offisde...... talk about pressah!!!
Bam!! de feed come back showing de whole side jumpin up on Beenie and de bench... Man wining on woman in de stands... Flags waving... I nearly shed ah tear..... we jumpin up wild wild... de bar quiet... ah old man say we better head for de door soon ha ha ha ha.

Fadder!! Big respect to de man who start to say prayers on de forum.
Trinidad football is all about high highs and low lows.... today we on ah high!!!... on to Costa Rica

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 03, 2005, 07:43:29 PM »
.........Then when hope was slipping away Latapy get de ball after some intricate knocking... he beat one.... scotland make a dummy run... he see Stern free on de left ah de box... he steups... he look away.. three defenders come.... he say f**k... alright stern look de ball.... On a platter!!! Well boy Stern let go ah one time placed shot from a slight angle across de keeper in de far corner... is Pandemoium break out...

:D :D

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 03, 2005, 07:46:54 PM »
This is Nick aha Nachilus, I don't post often but always read updates from you guys.  BTW you do a great job (starting w/Flex) and always could get a great laugh or two with the debates.

In New Rochelle, de TT massive was 6 strong amidst about 30 Guatemalans and we made nuff noise there as well, congrats TT.

CR is next....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 03, 2005, 08:27:03 PM »
Boy Srip....Palos me and ah padnah was de only 3 in de 4qing bar...ah done plan meh strategy to pelt chair first and den jump behind de bar and start launching bottle. Ah feel like ah jes born again (not in a religious context - before man start tackling meh). To think dat we nearly return de five goals to de Guates on dis day. Dis is euphoria fellas. We are all elated. Much thanks to de players, staff and de admin minus Camps.

Offline bada

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 03, 2005, 08:37:57 PM »
Jus reach back from de game via Squeeze & Crobar on de Avenue. It was brilliant!!!!! TT deserved to win by more but were unlucky. Latas scored a brilliant goal but thought it was all over after Gua scored their second in the second half. Never did I think that TT will win in the last few minutes of a game but Stern saw to it that we did (thanks for the 2 goals but Stern yuh still didn't impress).

After travelling to the US to see TT lose, ah still will consider going Panama if (when!!) TT beat Costa Rica on Wednesday.

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 03, 2005, 08:56:53 PM »
Boy Srip....Palos me and ah padnah was de only 3 in de 4qing bar...ah done plan meh strategy to pelt chair first and den jump behind de bar and start launching bottle. Ah feel like ah jes born again (not in a religious context - before man start tackling meh). To think dat we nearly return de five goals to de Guates on dis day. Dis is euphoria fellas. We are all elated. Much thanks to de players, staff and de admin minus Camps.

We give them de 5 jes 2 of them was offside  ;D

and this is FF here.. we drinking by Strip... til is time to hit de fete

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 03, 2005, 09:02:58 PM »
Bada, dat is yuh nick name from St.Ann's? Yuh did play fuh de radicals and dem?

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 03, 2005, 09:06:45 PM »
gunman
New Warrior

tru warrior, juss MIA latly

« Reply #164 on: Today at 06:36:04 PM »
we go give dem;
ah goal; ah goal from latas and sternnn
but still, f**k stern
we sceond best stricker watchout costa rica     latas coming

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yuh is ah true warrior yuh say, but 4q Stern? Allyuh amazing oui.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 03, 2005, 09:14:50 PM »
Yuh boy Yorke was pissed at dat one offside call.  It would have really helped our goal difference. The win is still de sweetest. Sweet, sweet T&T. Stand up for dem...stand up for dem...time fuh Germany papa.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2005, 09:22:18 PM by Savannah boy »

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 03, 2005, 09:49:24 PM »
yeah man, today was a blessed day. I enjoyed the game, a little too emotional (too much "f*ck this", "f*ck that", "f*ck stern"  and i doh really cuss, so I apologize to this/that/stern, especially stern, but he need to stop letting them chances pass by so easily).
We have to be grateful that the Guatemala keeper was horrible for most of the game. I have to hype up all the goals but the "one that get away" was birchall shot. The man does come from nowhere and buss shot like is a stroll in the park. We need to make use of him in the department some more.
Latapy come back today and show that age is just a number. If you have it, you have it. The man hold firm and delivered. He redeem himself for first coming back to fight for us and then putting on such a wonderful performance. The team in general play a nice game in the end, but we need to hold that concentration for the 90+mins each game. Good luck with the remaining journey.

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 03, 2005, 09:58:04 PM »
It was Me, Strip, Monty and 3 waggonists in de Spanish bar on Jamaica Avenue... We was pack up like in bricks in dey with about 200 Guats... lord fellas.. i still eh recover.... the best part was de third goal when de video feed went down... the men who was in de various bars go know what ah talkin bout... talk bout suspense... because it had a suspicion of offside... but I was jumpin up ayway...
Well ah go leave de official match report and dem to Touches and de local base.... but I go give yuh ah rundown of de goals
Guatemala 1st goal was a bullet freekick what defelct off Dog totally wrong footing Jack in de 3rd minute... ah know everybody groan and say not again!!!

Latapy goal was brilliance!! (A good wukkin old ting better than a new ting, anytime... anytime)
He collect on top de box and start to advance... hit de defender one ... two fan... send him de wrong way and place it beautifully with he left foot in de left corner....(ee ooh aye come check de danger whoooooaaaaa... Latapy in ah de area) Goal of de week ting.... in fact all de goals was real nice

De second goal was bound to come we had them under siege.... but then de unthinkable happen... Guatemala score on a lightning counter attack... it end up 3 guats against dog and sancho..so guess who win that one...

Then when hope was slipping away Latapy get de ball after some intricate knocking... he beat one.... scotland make a dummy run... he see Stern free on de left ah de box... he steups... he look away.. three defenders come.... he say f**k... alright stern look de ball.... On a platter!!! Well boy Stern let go ah one time placed shot from a slight angle across de keeper in de far corner... is Pandemoium break out...

Then b4 I could recover and calm down.... after some nice knocking again... Yorke collect on top de box and chip forward... de whole ah guatemala defence step forward... leaving Stern and Dog (yes Dog) alone with de keeper... Stern take on he chest and in one sweet confident motion slap it in de roof of the net from about 10 yards out... cue more Pandemonium with the guats appealing for offside... then de video feed went down leaving everybody wondering if it was indeed offisde...... talk about pressah!!!
Bam!! de feed come back showing de whole side jumpin up on Beenie and de bench... Man wining on woman in de stands... Flags waving... I nearly shed ah tear..... we jumpin up wild wild... de bar quiet... ah old man say we better head for de door soon ha ha ha ha.

Fadder!! Big respect to de man who start to say prayers on de forum.
Trinidad football is all about high highs and low lows.... today we on ah high!!!... on to Costa Rica

Nice post, but i think it was Yorke that assist on the last goal not Latas.

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 04, 2005, 06:40:57 AM »
Solo
Jr. Warrior
http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=3437.0

Re: Let's see who gets the score right..
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2005, 11:37:37 PM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TT 4 - Gua 2

TT - Yorke ( tap to far post), Latas (left footed), Stern (2) ( one header)

Gua - two tiefin goal, one penalty one offside

ouuii I sweating already breds

Solo
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 08:10:41 AM by Solo »

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 04, 2005, 06:43:03 AM »
I was one goal short ( Yorkie's goal which deh tief we anyway) but I am very very very proud that my prediction came so close even down to the goalscorers....

OHHH LAWDIE WE WIN!

Solo

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 04, 2005, 12:47:15 PM »
and now ah hearing that Stern cuss de fans,....i hope dat is a lie

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #202 on: September 04, 2005, 12:52:06 PM »
Who do you think won man-of-the-match ? and does anyone have the stats on this game, shots, off side, saves, free kicks etc....

Thanx...

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 04, 2005, 03:24:09 PM »
Latapy was the man of the match,...he and York fight whole game....he coud have buckled but he held on and played selflessly to score and set up de goals and plus he played de whole 90 mins.

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 04, 2005, 08:17:23 PM »
the guats papers saying how the game was influenced by the slowness of the medics after one of their players get a cut on his face and had to be removed from the field. I doh recall that incident, but i think they grasping at straws.

El Periodico

It in spanish, so you can use http://babelfish.altavista.com/

anyhow, all that in the past now.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 05, 2005, 05:29:28 AM »
STUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPESSS!!!!!!!!!!!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 05, 2005, 05:51:43 AM »
the guats papers saying how the game was influenced by the slowness of the medics after one of their players get a cut on his face and had to be removed from the field. I doh recall that incident, but i think they grasping at straws.

El Periodico

yeah, i saw and read about that!! he was stern's man marker and he got a cut on his eye and it took him 5 minutes to get back on de field. also when he was ready to come back on, the ref ignored him and "waited" for stern to score first! lol
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 05, 2005, 05:56:13 AM »

El Periodico

yeah, i saw and read about that!! he was stern's man marker and he got a cut on his eye and it took him 5 minutes to get back on de field. also when he was ready to come back on, the ref ignored him and "waited" for stern to score first! lol

Ahahahaha... We still deserved to win.. shucks!!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 05, 2005, 06:23:48 AM »
Lets just say this is true and Stern scored because his marker was out the field what I dont understand is, if for the duration of the match Stern cant beat or escape his marker and is getting trouble then way didn't the coach move Stern to a different side so maybe he can get a easier/different marker.

A win is a win... to hell with them, Colombia scored on us after Marvin when down in de box, in these day and time we should have no mercy on our opponents, use tactics and win by all means.

Artificial turf we playing in Costa Rica, well boy, I hope them players fit because artificial turf in no joke, they should make that illegal in a competitive games.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 06:25:27 AM by Flex »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 07, 2005, 06:46:15 AM »
Anybody by chance tape this game... ? I wouldn't mind taking a look at it, I cant remember seeing T&T fight back so hard in a long time.

Who scored de goal of de game. ?
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>